Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Breed Contept.. "Sphynx"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[b]Somewhat inspired by @Ink and their liony dragon concept, wanted to have my own go at a similar idea.[/b] Mostly inspired by my desire to breed dragons that look like cats.. and always ending up disappointed that they don't actually look like cats (despite us having at least two cat-like gene sets.) They're based heavily on heraldic lions with a touch of chimera. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YQ2ForR.png[/img][/center] The name of this breed is tentative at best. I imagine they would be native to hot, arid, rocky biomes. They have long, sensitive whiskers and fine, curly fur. Males have thicker manes and larger horns than females. [quote][img]https://i.imgur.com/yBw6ZUV.jpg[/img] [center][i](Drag and drop the image into a new tab to view the full-sized version.)[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/t6cFji2.jpg[/img][/center] [/quote] [b]Any ideas, lore, critique, or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. ♥[/b]
Somewhat inspired by @Ink and their liony dragon concept, wanted to have my own go at a similar idea.

Mostly inspired by my desire to breed dragons that look like cats.. and always ending up disappointed that they don't actually look like cats (despite us having at least two cat-like gene sets.) They're based heavily on heraldic lions with a touch of chimera.

YQ2ForR.png

The name of this breed is tentative at best.
I imagine they would be native to hot, arid, rocky biomes.

They have long, sensitive whiskers and fine, curly fur. Males have thicker manes and larger horns than females.
Quote:
yBw6ZUV.jpg
(Drag and drop the image into a new tab to view the full-sized version.)

t6cFji2.jpg

Any ideas, lore, critique, or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. ♥

ASOCY.gifnYGDr.gifXEKZu.gifRL008.gif
pls clicku my egg children, thank u
I mean, I like them, but they kinda look more like a familiar than a dragon?
I mean, I like them, but they kinda look more like a familiar than a dragon?
ShpX9LV.png
@TCA Do you think the face is too feline, perhaps? Or maybe it's my artstyle? /think
I'm sure they'd look quite different if they were polished and drawn like the existing dragons.
@TCA Do you think the face is too feline, perhaps? Or maybe it's my artstyle? /think
I'm sure they'd look quite different if they were polished and drawn like the existing dragons.
@Darling
I love your style, the texture and fluffy accents are so cute! Do you have a gallery you wouldn't mind sharing?
@Darling
I love your style, the texture and fluffy accents are so cute! Do you have a gallery you wouldn't mind sharing?
0Xrg9Di.png
honestly i think these would make great dragons. not all dragons need to be scaly with sharp angles like drogon from game of thrones. i guess if you want to make them look more draconic you can make their faces less furry or get rid of the light highlight on the tip of their muzzles.
honestly i think these would make great dragons. not all dragons need to be scaly with sharp angles like drogon from game of thrones. i guess if you want to make them look more draconic you can make their faces less furry or get rid of the light highlight on the tip of their muzzles.
I'm all in for these guys... So far, the dragons we have are pretty much reptilian all the way. That's not a lot of variety really. We have snakes (Coatl), Monitor Lizards (Bogsneaks), and then several draconian species. Dragons can have all sorts of bents. They are, after all a mix between a cat, bird, and lizard. Why are we only representing one variation? And I'm sorry, but Tundras aren't cat enough...
I'm all in for these guys... So far, the dragons we have are pretty much reptilian all the way. That's not a lot of variety really. We have snakes (Coatl), Monitor Lizards (Bogsneaks), and then several draconian species. Dragons can have all sorts of bents. They are, after all a mix between a cat, bird, and lizard. Why are we only representing one variation? And I'm sorry, but Tundras aren't cat enough...
@heavylobster I have a tumblr and a twitter, both are @bunncle ! I tend to update my twitter before tumblr. Mostly bunnies and unicorns there, I only recently re-learned how to sketch like a normal person again LOL.

@Mongoose Yeah, the face marking being changed might make them look less blatantly like a cat.. and I'm definitely with you for more interesting dragons! Heck, one of most iconic dragons of our time (Falcor) looks like a puppy.

@Sherlocked Tundra definitely are not cat enough. orz
@heavylobster I have a tumblr and a twitter, both are @bunncle ! I tend to update my twitter before tumblr. Mostly bunnies and unicorns there, I only recently re-learned how to sketch like a normal person again LOL.

@Mongoose Yeah, the face marking being changed might make them look less blatantly like a cat.. and I'm definitely with you for more interesting dragons! Heck, one of most iconic dragons of our time (Falcor) looks like a puppy.

@Sherlocked Tundra definitely are not cat enough. orz
I think it's the combination of liony nose, liony body shape, liony mane, and liony paws, all on one creature. It just looks more like a hybrid of lion and dragon than a dragon.
I think it's the combination of liony nose, liony body shape, liony mane, and liony paws, all on one creature. It just looks more like a hybrid of lion and dragon than a dragon.
ShpX9LV.png
Why not lion hybrid? :D

I can live with that.
Support ^^
Why not lion hybrid? :D

I can live with that.
Support ^^
v4qR3nw.png tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
tumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.png v4qR3nw.png
I AM 110% ON BOARD AND I WANT TWELVE!
I AM 110% ON BOARD AND I WANT TWELVE!
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7