Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Delete
1 2
[S]There are a lot of posts that I find myself twitching to hit a like button as you would for other sites. I often find myself quoting and agreeing some posts when I'd rather hit a like option, maybe on top right where the other options are? Other times when a conversation is done and someone says something like, 'thanks', I want to acknowledge that I saw it without having to post thanks back. Discuss? [/s] [quote name="XerxesTexasToast" date=2017-11-20 12:33:28] Ahhh, I remember this feature. You used to be able to like posts and see the usernames of whoever liked it. It was removed ages ago, like 2014-ish. Not sure why, though. [/quote] Thank you @XerxesTexasToast - I joined mid 2014 so I didn't see I guess. Edit #2 let it die. Why post when its been cleared up?
There are a lot of posts that I find myself twitching to hit a like button as you would for other sites. I often find myself quoting and agreeing some posts when I'd rather hit a like option, maybe on top right where the other options are? Other times when a conversation is done and someone says something like, 'thanks', I want to acknowledge that I saw it without having to post thanks back. Discuss?
XerxesTexasToast wrote on 2017-11-20:
Ahhh, I remember this feature. You used to be able to like posts and see the usernames of whoever liked it. It was removed ages ago, like 2014-ish. Not sure why, though.

Thank you @XerxesTexasToast - I joined mid 2014 so I didn't see I guess.

Edit #2 let it die. Why post when its been cleared up?
I think that as long as ONLY the poster could see the likes, I might be able to get behind this.

I really don't want a reputation system/like system (as likes would become synonymous with reputation most likely) to come to FR. I *REALLY* don't want to see 'My point is more valid than yours because mine has more likes than yours' (and yes, I have seen that on FB).

However, even if only the poser could see the likes, that could become problematic as well. Especially if they were anonymous (not mentioned but just popped up in my head). There has been a problem with people being added to ping lists without their consent, especially those who dislike being pinged, and a way to 'notify' someone without being identified (and in some cases even if they are because people can just create multiple accounts to do it) could be used to harass. Go through and like everything someone posted etc...

Which brings me to another problem. I have friended people who then went through and liked every single picture I had on FB. I know there are that type of people on FR (and there isn't anything wrong with that type). They have a way to acknowledge they like something without posting so they go through someone's forum posts and like their posts? I have already seen people go through and say support on many many threads, sometimes even if the thread is the exact same as the one they just supported.

I just don't know. ON the one hand, I have been in that position myself, where I want to acknowledge I have seen something, but it doesn't warrant a reply, but on the other hand I think potential cons could be too much for just a simple 'thank you' or 'I saw this' button.
I think that as long as ONLY the poster could see the likes, I might be able to get behind this.

I really don't want a reputation system/like system (as likes would become synonymous with reputation most likely) to come to FR. I *REALLY* don't want to see 'My point is more valid than yours because mine has more likes than yours' (and yes, I have seen that on FB).

However, even if only the poser could see the likes, that could become problematic as well. Especially if they were anonymous (not mentioned but just popped up in my head). There has been a problem with people being added to ping lists without their consent, especially those who dislike being pinged, and a way to 'notify' someone without being identified (and in some cases even if they are because people can just create multiple accounts to do it) could be used to harass. Go through and like everything someone posted etc...

Which brings me to another problem. I have friended people who then went through and liked every single picture I had on FB. I know there are that type of people on FR (and there isn't anything wrong with that type). They have a way to acknowledge they like something without posting so they go through someone's forum posts and like their posts? I have already seen people go through and say support on many many threads, sometimes even if the thread is the exact same as the one they just supported.

I just don't know. ON the one hand, I have been in that position myself, where I want to acknowledge I have seen something, but it doesn't warrant a reply, but on the other hand I think potential cons could be too much for just a simple 'thank you' or 'I saw this' button.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I wouldn't feel comfortable with something like this. It would feel like doing stuff "just for the likes". I also would dread the threads people make in sites where this is done ala "look how famous I am" and "If you don't have xxxx likes you are a nobody and a failure".

I want this site to stay as relaxed as possible for everyone without the 'pressure' to collect likes.
I wouldn't feel comfortable with something like this. It would feel like doing stuff "just for the likes". I also would dread the threads people make in sites where this is done ala "look how famous I am" and "If you don't have xxxx likes you are a nobody and a failure".

I want this site to stay as relaxed as possible for everyone without the 'pressure' to collect likes.
Ahhh, I remember this feature. You used to be able to like posts and see the usernames of whoever liked it. It was removed ages ago, like 2014-ish. Not sure why, though.
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
Im not very supportive for this idea, because likes could kind of take over, and as Ismaiel said, things like "If you don't have # of likes, you're a failure" could pop up. I must say, I rather have FR stay as it is now, and not have likes implemented .
Im not very supportive for this idea, because likes could kind of take over, and as Ismaiel said, things like "If you don't have # of likes, you're a failure" could pop up. I must say, I rather have FR stay as it is now, and not have likes implemented .
Let the thread die, this has already been explained.
@MeiOrchid
Let the thread die, this has already been explained.
@MeiOrchid
how about....no. like and thumbs up systems are awful and they don't need to be on here. people will feel bad about not getting likes and they're be an unspoken pressure to gain likes and we seriously don't need that. this ain't facebook or tumblr.
how about....no. like and thumbs up systems are awful and they don't need to be on here. people will feel bad about not getting likes and they're be an unspoken pressure to gain likes and we seriously don't need that. this ain't facebook or tumblr.
The 1st post is scratched out and it has been explained already? @Mongoose
The 1st post is scratched out and it has been explained already? @Mongoose
Thread wont delete.
Thread wont delete.
@MurEyeUh

Ping a mod to lock/delete the thread. The delete option is rather finicky I've noticed
@MurEyeUh

Ping a mod to lock/delete the thread. The delete option is rather finicky I've noticed
1 2