Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Background
1 2 3 4 5
[u][/u]Hello all, I was searching through suggestions and didnt find what i was looking for. So, this is my suggestion and i hope it wasnt mentioned somewhere before. (Sorry about my (poor) English.) [u]Dragon Backgrounds[/u] We have apparel and we have skins. But what about background for our dragons? Yes, we can see his/her element in left up corner and a little piece of our own clan´s element map in right up corner. But what im trying to say... We have really talented artists and many awesome backgrounds from coliseum... So what about to make [b]"skin background"[/b] It will be purchased by gems or coliseum or festivals... maybe swipp too.. just like any other skin. It will not affect offspring or something else... It will be just another piece of beauty for our dragons. It will be very helpful if you [b]write into comment[/b] with your support or no support [b]which type of the background[/b] (the pictures below) has your support. (And you can share your own ideas of how to make it better! It will be greatly appriciated! ^^) (And you can remake my own pictures too of course! Im really not good with pictures ^^) Pictures: (Im not an artist nor technicaly talented.. so sorry ^^) [b]#1[/b] [url=http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/1xbzb.png][img]http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/1xbzb.png[/img][/url] [i](I used "Select same colours" in gimp, that is why its so weird with white lines around) (And the weird size of familiar picture is caused by my 80% view of google... )[/i] [b]#2[/b] not faded with border around name [url=http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/illaria1x.png][img]http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/illaria1x.png[/img][/url] [b]#3[/b] faded with border around name [url=http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/illaria2x.png][img]http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/illaria2x.png[/img][/url] [b]#4[/b] faded and with upper border (Thank you very much gbot13! ^^) [url=https://pre00.deviantart.net/cbc5/th/pre/f/2017/322/5/6/faded_dragon_bg_by_gbot13-dbu630t.png][img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/cbc5/th/pre/f/2017/322/5/6/faded_dragon_bg_by_gbot13-dbu630t.png[/img][/url] [b]#5[/b] faded with lined? name (Thanks for this idea to Keaster329! ^^) [url=http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/5xmrm.png][img]http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/5xmrm.png[/img] [/url] Good improvements: [quote name="gbot13" date=2017-11-17 14:55:39] I think it's a good idea, but I think having [b]some kind of border to it[/b]--like where the dragon's name is--would be beneficial, just so the words don't get lost in the background. [/quote] [quote name="GreenGalaxy" date=2017-11-18 08:30:57] I think this is a great idea! I agree that the above example needs a little work... [b]Perhaps an area where the dragon sits/stands that fits both genders and all breeds[/b]? Maybe [b]restricting the background to just the square around the dragon[/b], [u][b]or[/b][/u] [b]the square around the dragon and the info blurb to the right[/b]? That would help with making the dragon name easy to read while giving a decently sized background. [/quote] [quote name="Shinyumbreon" date=2017-11-18 17:32:25] I think midnight meant that, if this is an item for each dragon, they would [b]use one for all of their dragons[/b]. After all, it isn't just going to be nature themed. Support, but it would definitely need to be a bit more transparent or saturated. [/quote] [quote name="WyvernVenom" date=2017-11-18 21:50:11] Support, but I dislike the faded idea. They would need some sort of border around things like the name, and they shouldn't be too busy (so as not to distract from the dragon), but I'd like if they filled all the white space. I think they [b]should be like familiars- something you can equip on each dragon. (Duplicates allowed, of course.)[/b] [/quote] [quote name="NoticeMeSenpaii" date=2017-11-19 07:18:31] Eyy, full support.! This would give all the dragons something to lighten them up. To show others the true potential..! c: I like the full version of this, not faded and with the white box over the name. But it would be neat if you could even [b]choose how much oppacity would the background have[/b], just like you should [b]be able to choose the background itself.[/b]! So it'll make every dragon shine personally the most ^^ Just a question, if you [b]purchase one of the background, will you be able to put it on whenever you want, change it and have it on more dragons at once[/b].? Like.. you unlock one background and then you can use it as much as you'd like...? .o.o. That would be cool, but not work, I know .'D (does this make sense at all.?) [/quote] [quote name="Keaster329" date=2017-11-19 09:58:01] I like the new images you've added, especially the faded backgrounds. They're not too strong, and the dragon is still the center of attention. My thought for the name/ID number problem: we could have [b]bold white letters with a red outline, just like usernames in the forums[/b], and potentially [b]black letters for the dragon's ID number[/b]? The same way the stats are underneath the user's picture and name (like the number of forum posts, familiars, achievements, and dragons) [/quote]
Hello all,
I was searching through suggestions and didnt find what i was looking for.

So, this is my suggestion and i hope it wasnt mentioned somewhere before.
(Sorry about my (poor) English.)

Dragon Backgrounds
We have apparel and we have skins.
But what about background for our dragons?

Yes, we can see his/her element in left up corner and a little piece of our own clan´s element map in right up corner.

But what im trying to say...
We have really talented artists and many awesome backgrounds from coliseum...

So what about to make "skin background"
It will be purchased by gems or coliseum or festivals... maybe swipp too.. just like any other skin.
It will not affect offspring or something else...
It will be just another piece of beauty for our dragons.

It will be very helpful if you write into comment with your support or no support which type of the background (the pictures below) has your support.

(And you can share your own ideas of how to make it better! It will be greatly appriciated! ^^)
(And you can remake my own pictures too of course! Im really not good with pictures ^^)

Pictures:
(Im not an artist nor technicaly talented.. so sorry ^^)
1xbzb.png
(I used "Select same colours" in gimp, that is why its so weird with white lines around)
(And the weird size of familiar picture is caused by my 80% view of google... )

#2 not faded with border around name
illaria1x.png

#3 faded with border around name
illaria2x.png

#4 faded and with upper border (Thank you very much gbot13! ^^)
faded_dragon_bg_by_gbot13-dbu630t.png

#5 faded with lined? name (Thanks for this idea to Keaster329! ^^)
5xmrm.png

Good improvements:
gbot13 wrote on 2017-11-17:
I think it's a good idea, but I think having some kind of border to it--like where the dragon's name is--would be beneficial, just so the words don't get lost in the background.
GreenGalaxy wrote on 2017-11-18:
I think this is a great idea!
I agree that the above example needs a little work... Perhaps an area where the dragon sits/stands that fits both genders and all breeds? Maybe restricting the background to just the square around the dragon, or the square around the dragon and the info blurb to the right? That would help with making the dragon name easy to read while giving a decently sized background.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2017-11-18:
I think midnight meant that, if this is an item for each dragon, they would use one for all of their dragons.
After all, it isn't just going to be nature themed.

Support, but it would definitely need to be a bit more transparent or saturated.
WyvernVenom wrote on 2017-11-18:
Support, but I dislike the faded idea. They would need some sort of border around things like the name, and they shouldn't be too busy (so as not to distract from the dragon), but I'd like if they filled all the white space.

I think they should be like familiars- something you can equip on each dragon. (Duplicates allowed, of course.)
NoticeMeSenpaii wrote on 2017-11-19:
Eyy, full support.! This would give all the dragons something to lighten them up. To show others the true potential..! c:
I like the full version of this, not faded and with the white box over the name. But it would be neat if you could even choose how much oppacity would the background have, just like you should be able to choose the background itself.! So it'll make every dragon shine personally the most ^^
Just a question, if you purchase one of the background, will you be able to put it on whenever you want, change it and have it on more dragons at once.? Like.. you unlock one background and then you can use it as much as you'd like...? .o.o. That would be cool, but not work, I know .'D
(does this make sense at all.?)
Keaster329 wrote on 2017-11-19:
I like the new images you've added, especially the faded backgrounds. They're not too strong, and the dragon is still the center of attention. My thought for the name/ID number problem: we could have bold white letters with a red outline, just like usernames in the forums, and potentially black letters for the dragon's ID number? The same way the stats are underneath the user's picture and name (like the number of forum posts, familiars, achievements, and dragons)
v4qR3nw.png tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
tumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.png v4qR3nw.png
Kind of support?

I think it's a good idea, but I think having some kind of border to it--like where the dragon's name is--would be beneficial, just so the words don't get lost in the background.
Kind of support?

tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
@gbot13

Not bad idea!
I will add it to it.
@gbot13

Not bad idea!
I will add it to it.
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
I agree that the above example needs a little work... Perhaps an area where the dragon sits/stands that fits both genders and all breeds? Maybe restricting the background to just the square around the dragon, or the square around the dragon and the info blurb to the right? That would help with making the dragon name easy to read while giving a decently sized background.
tumblr_inline_oau8reiKiO1soemy4_100.png Any Pronouns
FR + 3
Please Ping!
My Sales Lair Tab
My Sales Den Tab

Nest Network 3.4
Wishlist
My FR Tumblr
I would like this for clan profiles and all my dragons...
For further explanation all my dragons are lorewise living in the shouthern ice field and thusly I would get this for each and every single one of my dragons. And I would also love to have a background of the boreal wood for my clan profile so it could easily show more or what environment my clan lives in. And if you could buy different ones for different dragons as a form of background for the dragons page I would rarely have a different one. Also I would beg to be able to make my own for it.
I would like this for clan profiles and all my dragons...
For further explanation all my dragons are lorewise living in the shouthern ice field and thusly I would get this for each and every single one of my dragons. And I would also love to have a background of the boreal wood for my clan profile so it could easily show more or what environment my clan lives in. And if you could buy different ones for different dragons as a form of background for the dragons page I would rarely have a different one. Also I would beg to be able to make my own for it.
4xTBSTZ.png
@GreenGalaxy

Thank you for reply,
i will add your ideas to it too, so others can see them ^^

@0MidnightHeart

Thank you for reply,
but i don´t think its good to make it for all dragons.
If you have for example dragon who represents fire and the second one who represents water what background you will choose?
@GreenGalaxy

Thank you for reply,
i will add your ideas to it too, so others can see them ^^

@0MidnightHeart

Thank you for reply,
but i don´t think its good to make it for all dragons.
If you have for example dragon who represents fire and the second one who represents water what background you will choose?
Eaen
She | Her
+9h
@eaen I think midnight meant that, if this is an item for each dragon, they would use one for all of their dragons.

Support, but it would definitely need to be a bit more transparent or saturated.
@eaen I think midnight meant that, if this is an item for each dragon, they would use one for all of their dragons.

giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Full support, There should be an option to remove backgrounds though, If the default background for me was light, it probably wouldn't look so great with a water rep
Full support, There should be an option to remove backgrounds though, If the default background for me was light, it probably wouldn't look so great with a water rep
bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png Mikah or SentientPumpkins
MUYNhfy.png
JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Lantern-2.png bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png
tChn3sz.png
I work full time and I'm a full time student, responses may be slow
@Eaen Maybe something like this? Or should it be even more faded? I was also thinking that maybe there could be more than one background to choose from. [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/cbc5/th/pre/f/2017/322/5/6/faded_dragon_bg_by_gbot13-dbu630t.png[/img]
@Eaen Maybe something like this? Or should it be even more faded?

I was also thinking that maybe there could be more than one background to choose from.

faded_dragon_bg_by_gbot13-dbu630t.png
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
aw i love the idea! kinda like dragon vistas lol

i think they should probably be kind of faint like forum vistas so you can read the words and such
aw i love the idea! kinda like dragon vistas lol

i think they should probably be kind of faint like forum vistas so you can read the words and such
queen_katoe.gif
1 2 3 4 5