Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename NotN to Midwinter Masquerade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ya support, I think a fresh name would be nice since yeah, nocs have been here for a while now!
ya support, I think a fresh name would be nice since yeah, nocs have been here for a while now!
Support! The first couple times fit the name but I personally think it's turning into a more halloween-esque type holiday during the Christmas season. A different name to open up possibilities would be nice.
Support! The first couple times fit the name but I personally think it's turning into a more halloween-esque type holiday during the Christmas season. A different name to open up possibilities would be nice.
beep bop boop
Support! I love the name Night of the Nocturne, but I do believe changing the name leaves more possibilities for apparel and familiars to be added. I'm not sure about the name Midwinter masquerade though...but it's just probably because I'm in the southern hemisphere where it's burning hot during Christmas XD
Support! I love the name Night of the Nocturne, but I do believe changing the name leaves more possibilities for apparel and familiars to be added. I'm not sure about the name Midwinter masquerade though...but it's just probably because I'm in the southern hemisphere where it's burning hot during Christmas XD
Snivy on Dappervolk! Offering 500/1000g for Hatching Slots :D Wishlist and Personal Quest
Offering Expedited Leveling
Trading Strange Chests for Eggs!
I don't mind a name change but I'd rather not a masquerade theme as it feels more like a fancy dress dance rather than mimicry.. night of the mimics but smoother sounding

Mimicry Moira? Moon of the Mimics
I don't mind a name change but I'd rather not a masquerade theme as it feels more like a fancy dress dance rather than mimicry.. night of the mimics but smoother sounding

Mimicry Moira? Moon of the Mimics
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
The first few times NotN was great but last year it was so... boring. I think we definitely could use a make over.

Mimics Masquerade
Masquerade of Mimics
Mayhem of Mimics
Midwinter Mimics
December Deception
Solstice Switch

Something... anything... really.
The first few times NotN was great but last year it was so... boring. I think we definitely could use a make over.

Mimics Masquerade
Masquerade of Mimics
Mayhem of Mimics
Midwinter Mimics
December Deception
Solstice Switch

Something... anything... really.
Stuff will one day go here.
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-10-12 20:47:28] Personally I feel if they do rename it it should probably become Night of the Mimics as it would focus more on mimicry. Masquerade doesn't really sound mimicy to me but more of a giant ball with masks etc... Dressing up and hiding what you truly are (in a good way hopefully) [/quote] I agree; I think Night of the Mimics is better. Although I do prefer Midwinter Masquerade over Night of the Nocturne because I feel, as things are now, it emphasizes one specie way too much--no other dragon breed gets its own holiday. Of course, I'm supporting this on the premise that everything pretty much stays the same. Nocturne eggs and scrolls still drop, and we still get all the clothing and familiars. The change is in-name only so that one dragon isn't glorified over all the others.
Jemadar wrote on 2017-10-12:
Personally I feel if they do rename it it should probably become Night of the Mimics as it would focus more on mimicry. Masquerade doesn't really sound mimicy to me but more of a giant ball with masks etc... Dressing up and hiding what you truly are (in a good way hopefully)

I agree; I think Night of the Mimics is better. Although I do prefer Midwinter Masquerade over Night of the Nocturne because I feel, as things are now, it emphasizes one specie way too much--no other dragon breed gets its own holiday.

Of course, I'm supporting this on the premise that everything pretty much stays the same. Nocturne eggs and scrolls still drop, and we still get all the clothing and familiars. The change is in-name only so that one dragon isn't glorified over all the others.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Rhea" date=2017-10-12 21:06:55] Jemadar What's dressing up and pretending to be something else but a kind of mimicry? ;) And all the other months have flight festivals, why not another festival of sorts? "Night of the X" doesn't really have that special ring to it. [/quote] To me, while it is a type of mimicry, it isn't the type I associate with Nocturnes and NotN. To me mimicry is going beyond simply dressing up in fancy clothes, it is camouflage and tricking others into believing you are something else (such as with animals mimicking more dangerous animals to fool predators into leaving them alone) Also, I sort of like that NotN isn't another festival, so no, I don't think that because the other months have festivals NotN needs to be turned into one (even if only in name) I think it is fine to evoke a different type of celebration. I personally don't want glittery apparel (not for NotN or whatever replaces it) I want the type of stuff we have been getting, and going along with the theme of mimics, even more stuff that can be used to 'mimic' or are seen as mimics. (was thinking about this last night, and things like my breed characteristic apparel, and the breed mask idea recently brought up, as well as the numerous suggestions for 'inverse' genes would fit the theme well). While it doesn't have to be Night of the mimic (or night of the anything or even have mimic in it), to me, masquerade doesn't embody what NotN is, and like gema, I really only support a name change and a slight lore change to focus less on Nocturnes and more on the rest of the celebration. Not a true change to the actual content types. I loved the apparel we have gotten for the two NotNs I have been around for, and want more on that theme, same thing with the familiars. (I think one other way to further the theme would be to make 'mimics' of existing familiars, not just recolors, but other creatures who are obviously not the mimicked creature, but are close enough that they fit the theme)
Rhea wrote on 2017-10-12:
Jemadar What's dressing up and pretending to be something else but a kind of mimicry? ;)

And all the other months have flight festivals, why not another festival of sorts? "Night of the X" doesn't really have that special ring to it.

To me, while it is a type of mimicry, it isn't the type I associate with Nocturnes and NotN. To me mimicry is going beyond simply dressing up in fancy clothes, it is camouflage and tricking others into believing you are something else (such as with animals mimicking more dangerous animals to fool predators into leaving them alone)

Also, I sort of like that NotN isn't another festival, so no, I don't think that because the other months have festivals NotN needs to be turned into one (even if only in name) I think it is fine to evoke a different type of celebration.

I personally don't want glittery apparel (not for NotN or whatever replaces it) I want the type of stuff we have been getting, and going along with the theme of mimics, even more stuff that can be used to 'mimic' or are seen as mimics. (was thinking about this last night, and things like my breed characteristic apparel, and the breed mask idea recently brought up, as well as the numerous suggestions for 'inverse' genes would fit the theme well).

While it doesn't have to be Night of the mimic (or night of the anything or even have mimic in it), to me, masquerade doesn't embody what NotN is, and like gema, I really only support a name change and a slight lore change to focus less on Nocturnes and more on the rest of the celebration. Not a true change to the actual content types. I loved the apparel we have gotten for the two NotNs I have been around for, and want more on that theme, same thing with the familiars. (I think one other way to further the theme would be to make 'mimics' of existing familiars, not just recolors, but other creatures who are obviously not the mimicked creature, but are close enough that they fit the theme)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-10-12 21:40:18] What about a name like "Midwinter Mischeif"? I feel it would retain the nod to Shadow flight, them being big on trickery, and also embrace part of what @BatCrooks said. [quote]It could shift focus to a time when [b]the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy[/b] rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.[/quote] [/quote] I like this idea, for the name "Midwinter Mischief." It avoids sounding too much like a specific kind of event (like Masquerade) and it wouldn't just become another flight festival-esque kind of event.
HondaYori wrote on 2017-10-12:
What about a name like "Midwinter Mischeif"? I feel it would retain the nod to Shadow flight, them being big on trickery, and also embrace part of what @BatCrooks said.
Quote:
It could shift focus to a time when the whole world of Sornieth gets a little curiously topsy turvy rather than specifically influenced by the breed made by Shadowbinder.

I like this idea, for the name "Midwinter Mischief." It avoids sounding too much like a specific kind of event (like Masquerade) and it wouldn't just become another flight festival-esque kind of event.
The point is to move away from it sounding related to Shadow. That it's currently seen as a "second Shadow festival" has been the cause of no small drama offsite.
The point is to move away from it sounding related to Shadow. That it's currently seen as a "second Shadow festival" has been the cause of no small drama offsite.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I like this a LOT
I like this a LOT
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png