Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mutations?
1 2
Ok. I get it. I honestly get it. As a person who has been developing a breeding sim game like this for like two years. I GET IT. Mutations are a pain in the tuckus to implement. It's hard to create mutations that apply to every species. It's INSANELY difficult to make the apparel for every last GOSH DARNED MUTATION

AND YES, IT'S HARD TO IMPLEMENT EVERY COLOUR BASE...

Ok. Now that I'm done making it clear that I'm aware this will never happen...

How cool would that be? Extra eye mutation for that awesome physic look. Extra limbs, broken horns, Primal (like, a super shaggy fur add-on with huge teeth)

I HAVE A DREAM

ME ARGUING WITH PEOPLE NICELY:

Someone says:
No support. I don't want to breed any diseases into my dragons and I don't want any random wild card at all to pop up in my projects.

I say:
Well, tbh most people would feel that way. They could just do something like the ranem scroll, where it's a cheap item that removes the mutation.
Plus it'snot happening anyways... so... yeah.
Ok. I get it. I honestly get it. As a person who has been developing a breeding sim game like this for like two years. I GET IT. Mutations are a pain in the tuckus to implement. It's hard to create mutations that apply to every species. It's INSANELY difficult to make the apparel for every last GOSH DARNED MUTATION

AND YES, IT'S HARD TO IMPLEMENT EVERY COLOUR BASE...

Ok. Now that I'm done making it clear that I'm aware this will never happen...

How cool would that be? Extra eye mutation for that awesome physic look. Extra limbs, broken horns, Primal (like, a super shaggy fur add-on with huge teeth)

I HAVE A DREAM

ME ARGUING WITH PEOPLE NICELY:

Someone says:
No support. I don't want to breed any diseases into my dragons and I don't want any random wild card at all to pop up in my projects.

I say:
Well, tbh most people would feel that way. They could just do something like the ranem scroll, where it's a cheap item that removes the mutation.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE BUY MY ART
No support. I don't want to breed any deseases into my dragons and I don't want any random wild card at all to pop up in my projects. All the things you mentioned would work much better as apparel anyway. That way they can be added and taken of at will and combined with other stuff for more creative possibilities without having to implement a new and likely very complicated breeding system on top of all the artwork.
No support. I don't want to breed any deseases into my dragons and I don't want any random wild card at all to pop up in my projects. All the things you mentioned would work much better as apparel anyway. That way they can be added and taken of at will and combined with other stuff for more creative possibilities without having to implement a new and likely very complicated breeding system on top of all the artwork.
@Ismaiel
@Ismaiel
NOTHING TO SEE HERE BUY MY ART
Support for an apparel item or potion that does this (not a scroll, so it can't be passed on to the offspring).

No support for adding it into the breeding system. If I have a months-long breeding project culminating in the perfect hatchling of the correct colors and genes, I don't need the precious bab coming out with extra limbs. I don't care how rare it is, if there's even a chance it could happen, it's going to cause frustration.
Support for an apparel item or potion that does this (not a scroll, so it can't be passed on to the offspring).

No support for adding it into the breeding system. If I have a months-long breeding project culminating in the perfect hatchling of the correct colors and genes, I don't need the precious bab coming out with extra limbs. I don't care how rare it is, if there's even a chance it could happen, it's going to cause frustration.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date=2017-09-25 10:37:55] Support for an apparel item or potion that does this (not a scroll, so it can't be passed on to the offspring). No support for adding it into the breeding system. If I have a months-long breeding project culminating in the perfect hatchling of the correct colors and genes, I don't need the precious bab coming out with extra limbs. I don't care how rare it is, if there's even a chance it could happen, it's going to cause frustration. [/quote] This sums up my feelings regarding mutations. It should be a pay to opt [b]in[/b], not a pay to opt [b]out[/b].
Ridara wrote on 2017-09-25:

This sums up my feelings regarding mutations. It should be a pay to opt in, not a pay to opt out.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@HalfAwake

What the others have said. No player should have to buy their way out of a situation they had no controll over. I buy gene and breed scrolls and dragons with the right colors to do a project. I should not pay on top of that for a feature I do not want at all. You on the other hand should pay to be able to use this additional thing like with other customizeable stuff for our dragons.

If you do not want it to happen or do believe there is no chance of it ever being implemented in any form why do you suggest it then? We are here to discuss on how to implement it best and right now apparel mutations and opt in mutations are the compromise to the forced gameplay feature suggested.

Lets discuss those with their pros and cons and everything else we can come up with.

Because right now people are not even saying "its too much work" but only "I fear that this will drastically impair the way I play this game".
@HalfAwake

What the others have said. No player should have to buy their way out of a situation they had no controll over. I buy gene and breed scrolls and dragons with the right colors to do a project. I should not pay on top of that for a feature I do not want at all. You on the other hand should pay to be able to use this additional thing like with other customizeable stuff for our dragons.

If you do not want it to happen or do believe there is no chance of it ever being implemented in any form why do you suggest it then? We are here to discuss on how to implement it best and right now apparel mutations and opt in mutations are the compromise to the forced gameplay feature suggested.

Lets discuss those with their pros and cons and everything else we can come up with.

Because right now people are not even saying "its too much work" but only "I fear that this will drastically impair the way I play this game".
There is already an idea about this (in my signature) where a person can brew a 'mutagen' and apply it to a nest and then have a chance of breeding (non-art intensive) mutations.

And, as some other people have said on the forums (not this one) there shouldn't be something implemented that requires a scroll to put breeding BACK to the way it was. Things like this should always be optional and opt in. (sorry, being called away so can't go into it in depth right now.)
There is already an idea about this (in my signature) where a person can brew a 'mutagen' and apply it to a nest and then have a chance of breeding (non-art intensive) mutations.

And, as some other people have said on the forums (not this one) there shouldn't be something implemented that requires a scroll to put breeding BACK to the way it was. Things like this should always be optional and opt in. (sorry, being called away so can't go into it in depth right now.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for all the reasons stated above- especially with what ismaiel said. I should have to pay to remove something random that I never wanted in the first place.

Also
Quote:
We already have skins and accents that do all of these and much more ::/
No support for all the reasons stated above- especially with what ismaiel said. I should have to pay to remove something random that I never wanted in the first place.

Also
Quote:
We already have skins and accents that do all of these and much more ::/
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Seems like you don't want much discussion, since it's all headed off at the pass, but no support. Better for it to be apparel or gene scrolls. Since it functions like a gene why not just have it be a gene scroll anyway?
Seems like you don't want much discussion, since it's all headed off at the pass, but no support. Better for it to be apparel or gene scrolls. Since it functions like a gene why not just have it be a gene scroll anyway?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Personally I would not like to see random mutations. There are many players who are breeding for particular aesthetics, and a random mutated dragon is not what they want-- the 'rareness' (and thus potential profit) may not make up for the fact that dragon just ruined that round of breeding for a particular breeding project they may have spent months breeding for.

I'd love to see the possibility of mutations occurring in offspring if you expose dragons to a mutagen. If mutations became a thing I personally think they shouldn't be art intensive mutations (such as wingless dragons or double-headed dragons both of which would essentially end up work wise the equivalent of a new breed and as such I'd rather the time be spent on creating a new breed rather than a variation on an existing breed), but should be relatively simple things like a mutation exclusive gene or coloration changes such as albinoism, melanistic and leucistic (essentially a black or white translucent layer that darkens or lightens the existing colors) or things that don't require artwork (such as size mutations). Dragons affected by a mutagen should have some kind of identification marker.

If mutations become a thing there should probably be a scroll to remove the mutation and/or the effects of the mutagen. However a removal scroll should not be used as an excuse to make the occurrence of mutations random--a player should not have to pay to remove a mutation they did not want in the first place. An item to prevent mutations from occurring is also not a good excuse to make mutations random--a player should always have say on if they want the possibility of a mutation to occur and should not have to pay to prevent it.

Some of the suggested mutations would work better as apparel items rather than mutations
Personally I would not like to see random mutations. There are many players who are breeding for particular aesthetics, and a random mutated dragon is not what they want-- the 'rareness' (and thus potential profit) may not make up for the fact that dragon just ruined that round of breeding for a particular breeding project they may have spent months breeding for.

I'd love to see the possibility of mutations occurring in offspring if you expose dragons to a mutagen. If mutations became a thing I personally think they shouldn't be art intensive mutations (such as wingless dragons or double-headed dragons both of which would essentially end up work wise the equivalent of a new breed and as such I'd rather the time be spent on creating a new breed rather than a variation on an existing breed), but should be relatively simple things like a mutation exclusive gene or coloration changes such as albinoism, melanistic and leucistic (essentially a black or white translucent layer that darkens or lightens the existing colors) or things that don't require artwork (such as size mutations). Dragons affected by a mutagen should have some kind of identification marker.

If mutations become a thing there should probably be a scroll to remove the mutation and/or the effects of the mutagen. However a removal scroll should not be used as an excuse to make the occurrence of mutations random--a player should not have to pay to remove a mutation they did not want in the first place. An item to prevent mutations from occurring is also not a good excuse to make mutations random--a player should always have say on if they want the possibility of a mutation to occur and should not have to pay to prevent it.

Some of the suggested mutations would work better as apparel items rather than mutations
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2