Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add Eliminate as a gathering drop
1 2
Pretty self explanatory! I think adding Eliminate as a drop possible when gathering might be helpful, especially to lower-level players. I feel the way they're distributed right now is a bit unfair and yes, I get that it's a "luxury stone" and not strictly necessary for grinding in the coliseum, but it makes a dramatic diffirence in terms of earning potential and right now their cost is almost entirely prohibitive to newer players.

They'res also the catch-22 issue of having a coli team with eliminates making you much more likely to find eliminates as you're burning through battles so much faster.

It could be added to digging, perhaps, and have a drop rate similiar to or lower than eggs in scavanging. ie; can be found no matter your level but is still quite rare, and as your level increases and the item pool grows your liklihood of finding one drops dramatically.

tl;dr I feel like this might help level the playing field a bit for the newbies.
Pretty self explanatory! I think adding Eliminate as a drop possible when gathering might be helpful, especially to lower-level players. I feel the way they're distributed right now is a bit unfair and yes, I get that it's a "luxury stone" and not strictly necessary for grinding in the coliseum, but it makes a dramatic diffirence in terms of earning potential and right now their cost is almost entirely prohibitive to newer players.

They'res also the catch-22 issue of having a coli team with eliminates making you much more likely to find eliminates as you're burning through battles so much faster.

It could be added to digging, perhaps, and have a drop rate similiar to or lower than eggs in scavanging. ie; can be found no matter your level but is still quite rare, and as your level increases and the item pool grows your liklihood of finding one drops dramatically.

tl;dr I feel like this might help level the playing field a bit for the newbies.
No support.

Even if they were to add it there, it'd make more sense as a high level item — and getting to these takes months of gathering. With time it takes you to get to your 20-30 lvls, you won't count as a newbie anyway.

Overall, I don't see the huge deal about it. You said it yourself — it's a luxury stone, not an obligatory one. You can farm without it, albeit slowly and casually. And if you want more than that — isn't it normal to pay the price for the difference it makes?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was p sure only elemental battle stones can be found in gathering because... different flight locations and stuff?
No support.

Even if they were to add it there, it'd make more sense as a high level item — and getting to these takes months of gathering. With time it takes you to get to your 20-30 lvls, you won't count as a newbie anyway.

Overall, I don't see the huge deal about it. You said it yourself — it's a luxury stone, not an obligatory one. You can farm without it, albeit slowly and casually. And if you want more than that — isn't it normal to pay the price for the difference it makes?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was p sure only elemental battle stones can be found in gathering because... different flight locations and stuff?
dGVSNyM.png
support if it can be found in ANY gathering profession since non-elemental
level 7 stone shouldnt be considered "Elite"
or better yet sell it in marketplace instead
[quote name="jenboursaw" date=2017-09-25 05:14:55] support if it can be found in ANY gathering profession since non-elemental level 7 stone shouldnt be considered "Elite" or better yet sell it in marketplace instead [/quote] However, it is a shiny star rarity which should matter more than what level you can equip it at. I am really torn on this one. While I do think it should remain coliseum exclusive, but added to all venues and potentially more mobs per venue, I could potentially see, if it were even rarer than eggs, that this might help a bit. I also feel that it should be found in digging and scavenging only as to me it doesn't really make sense for it to be found in other professions (can you get anything other than food or familiars in those others)
jenboursaw wrote on 2017-09-25:

However, it is a shiny star rarity which should matter more than what level you can equip it at.

I am really torn on this one. While I do think it should remain coliseum exclusive, but added to all venues and potentially more mobs per venue, I could potentially see, if it were even rarer than eggs, that this might help a bit. I also feel that it should be found in digging and scavenging only as to me it doesn't really make sense for it to be found in other professions (can you get anything other than food or familiars in those others)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
It's true that for the casual Coli grinder or low-key profit exalter, Elim is a luxury stone. For Dom enthusiasts, it's absolutely a necessity. And theoretically if it had the same drop rate as eggs, the price would be about the same as eggs. In previous threads, I've seen more people say that 200-300k was a good price than say any other price range.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but right now the only place where Elim drops is the Coli. So only people who already Coli get Elims. It's my belief that a newbie who gets an elim drop while gathering might be more inclined to try out the Coli for the first time than one who didn't. More new recruits means stronger Dom communities, particularly in larger flights like Arcane and Shadow. Stronger Dom communities means more pushes, both profit and conquest.

Again, this is all hypothesis. I'm just trying to predict that fool thing known as "human behavior." XD
It's true that for the casual Coli grinder or low-key profit exalter, Elim is a luxury stone. For Dom enthusiasts, it's absolutely a necessity. And theoretically if it had the same drop rate as eggs, the price would be about the same as eggs. In previous threads, I've seen more people say that 200-300k was a good price than say any other price range.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but right now the only place where Elim drops is the Coli. So only people who already Coli get Elims. It's my belief that a newbie who gets an elim drop while gathering might be more inclined to try out the Coli for the first time than one who didn't. More new recruits means stronger Dom communities, particularly in larger flights like Arcane and Shadow. Stronger Dom communities means more pushes, both profit and conquest.

Again, this is all hypothesis. I'm just trying to predict that fool thing known as "human behavior." XD
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara Yes! Exactly! I leveled my first team without eliminates and it was such a horrendous drag that I didn't bother touching the coli again for over A YEAR. I was lucky enough to be gifted a set of eliminates and it was such a game changer.

@Ursaw Why does it make more sense as a high-level item?
@Ridara Yes! Exactly! I leveled my first team without eliminates and it was such a horrendous drag that I didn't bother touching the coli again for over A YEAR. I was lucky enough to be gifted a set of eliminates and it was such a game changer.

@Ursaw Why does it make more sense as a high-level item?
Eliminate needs to drop in every venue in the coliseum. If they added it as a gathering drop; it should be a high level drop--as I feel that the primary source of the stone should be the coliseum.
Eliminate needs to drop in every venue in the coliseum. If they added it as a gathering drop; it should be a high level drop--as I feel that the primary source of the stone should be the coliseum.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I'm balancing if I support or not.
The reason I could support this is, that I play coli pretty often and I haven't been able to stumble on rare drops like eggs, eliminates etc. (but I have found couple eggs by gathering) And what I have seen, in AH eliminates costs a way too much for me to purchase one. However I could support eliminate being higher level rare gathering drop (either digging or scavenging), so there is an increased change to obtain one by change.
And the reason I would't support this is that some items just should remain just as coli exclusive drops. I'm leaning a bit towards what Dragonsage and Jemadar said.
I'm balancing if I support or not.
The reason I could support this is, that I play coli pretty often and I haven't been able to stumble on rare drops like eggs, eliminates etc. (but I have found couple eggs by gathering) And what I have seen, in AH eliminates costs a way too much for me to purchase one. However I could support eliminate being higher level rare gathering drop (either digging or scavenging), so there is an increased change to obtain one by change.
And the reason I would't support this is that some items just should remain just as coli exclusive drops. I'm leaning a bit towards what Dragonsage and Jemadar said.
It should be added to every Coliseum venue.

I don't think adding to to Gathering would be good, unless it's only available at level 30+, which would negate its usefulness to newbies.
It should be added to every Coliseum venue.

I don't think adding to to Gathering would be good, unless it's only available at level 30+, which would negate its usefulness to newbies.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Support, if only perhaps as a high level, twenty plus drop.

I do still agree with Jemdar and Dragonsage about the elim stone needs to be dropped by more mobs in all venues.

And Ridara is absolutely right in that if one were to more easily obtain the stone it would most definitely strengthen the Dom community. and I'd love to see it.
Support, if only perhaps as a high level, twenty plus drop.

I do still agree with Jemdar and Dragonsage about the elim stone needs to be dropped by more mobs in all venues.

And Ridara is absolutely right in that if one were to more easily obtain the stone it would most definitely strengthen the Dom community. and I'd love to see it.
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
1 2