Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Coli] Increase Probability of Effects
Have you ever wanted mage dragons to be more useful? Well, if the probability of the status effects from the attacks such as (Drown, Shroud, Sear, etc.) was increased, then the status effects could be more useful to mage dragons which, in turn, will make them more powerful against the dragons that are melee based.
I figured out that the probability of the status effects occurring was approx. 1/5 of every attack. And if it was increased to 1/3 then (technically) at least 1 opponent in a battle will be affected by a status effect.

Here are the reasons why it would be good:
- Magic based dragons will be used more
- The status effects can (maybe) used more strategically
- There have been many suggestions about making magic-based dragons more powerful so this may be a way to make it possible
- And it will increase the type of gameplay for multiplayer
Have you ever wanted mage dragons to be more useful? Well, if the probability of the status effects from the attacks such as (Drown, Shroud, Sear, etc.) was increased, then the status effects could be more useful to mage dragons which, in turn, will make them more powerful against the dragons that are melee based.
I figured out that the probability of the status effects occurring was approx. 1/5 of every attack. And if it was increased to 1/3 then (technically) at least 1 opponent in a battle will be affected by a status effect.

Here are the reasons why it would be good:
- Magic based dragons will be used more
- The status effects can (maybe) used more strategically
- There have been many suggestions about making magic-based dragons more powerful so this may be a way to make it possible
- And it will increase the type of gameplay for multiplayer
I suppose this might help with making the mage dragons stronger, but it might also make fighting mage enemies more difficult? I think it would make Golem Workshop in particular so much harder. Though I do think it would be cool to have more variation in potential coli grinders.
I suppose this might help with making the mage dragons stronger, but it might also make fighting mage enemies more difficult? I think it would make Golem Workshop in particular so much harder. Though I do think it would be cool to have more variation in potential coli grinders.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Don't forget this goes both ways, meaning the enemy will have the same increase in effect chance as well. I can see this as a way to increase variety of strategy for coli, but at the same time it can make grinding so much harder especially for the last two venues. I think it would be nice if we have a new mage stone that can remove status effect together with this increasing chance.
Don't forget this goes both ways, meaning the enemy will have the same increase in effect chance as well. I can see this as a way to increase variety of strategy for coli, but at the same time it can make grinding so much harder especially for the last two venues. I think it would be nice if we have a new mage stone that can remove status effect together with this increasing chance.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@hat17
Then again if your grinding, you can kill them off in the beginning or right after they use meditate. Plus, if you have ambushes equipped to your dragons then you'll have a headstart against the magic-based enemies.
@hat17
Then again if your grinding, you can kill them off in the beginning or right after they use meditate. Plus, if you have ambushes equipped to your dragons then you'll have a headstart against the magic-based enemies.
@SharkBait2002
I'm just saying it goes both ways, not opposing to the suggestion. What you propose is valid, but the reply to me above suggests that we should be using one of the 'optimized' builds and one-shot everything, which is not always the case. I definitely support any modifications to the coli that encourages different playstyle and builds, not overpowering a particular ones.

Um... what I want to say is, kill them off at the beginning or right after they use meditate is the way of battling with melee fighters, not if you want to introduce mages into the coli. Because unless we've already spent time on our mage(s) in previous battles, we almost start with the same condition as the enemy, alright maybe we got a few extra moves at the beginning if we have ambush. I just wanted to point this out, that's all.
@SharkBait2002
I'm just saying it goes both ways, not opposing to the suggestion. What you propose is valid, but the reply to me above suggests that we should be using one of the 'optimized' builds and one-shot everything, which is not always the case. I definitely support any modifications to the coli that encourages different playstyle and builds, not overpowering a particular ones.

Um... what I want to say is, kill them off at the beginning or right after they use meditate is the way of battling with melee fighters, not if you want to introduce mages into the coli. Because unless we've already spent time on our mage(s) in previous battles, we almost start with the same condition as the enemy, alright maybe we got a few extra moves at the beginning if we have ambush. I just wanted to point this out, that's all.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I'm for the increasing of probability, because there are some mages, like the Arcane ones, that have an attack like Enfeeble that's only good if you can get enough breath, the chance happening where they're enfeebled, and then using a magic attack afterwards. If Enfeeble has a low probability of happening then it's practically useless. That's why if you increase the probability then Enfeeble could be equivalent to Congeal, Drown, Sear, Petrify, Envenom, etc.
I'm for the increasing of probability, because there are some mages, like the Arcane ones, that have an attack like Enfeeble that's only good if you can get enough breath, the chance happening where they're enfeebled, and then using a magic attack afterwards. If Enfeeble has a low probability of happening then it's practically useless. That's why if you increase the probability then Enfeeble could be equivalent to Congeal, Drown, Sear, Petrify, Envenom, etc.
The Residue Army
SSKUsYD.gif