Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make the Scry center Alphabetical
1 2
I was playing around in the scrying center earlier and I was having a little trouble with finding the colors I wanted. I'd just like for this to be changed so that all the colors are in alphabetical order to make them a bit easier to find! I feel like this is a super easy suggestion to implement, and it would be a bit more practical.
I was playing around in the scrying center earlier and I was having a little trouble with finding the colors I wanted. I'd just like for this to be changed so that all the colors are in alphabetical order to make them a bit easier to find! I feel like this is a super easy suggestion to implement, and it would be a bit more practical.
P1Ycj.gif71gdR.gifflwac.gifCWKsV.gif
I wouldn't mind having the option to choose between color wheel order or alphabetical order (with the default being color wheel order) but if its only one or the other, I far prefer the current order--color wheel orde.

When I'm playing around in the scry workshop I generally am trying to go for a particular look and having them grouped by colors is far more useful to me than alphabetical order. If I am trying to find a particular color, on a computer, all I have to do is start typing the color name and it will select that color so its not that difficult to find a particular color.
I wouldn't mind having the option to choose between color wheel order or alphabetical order (with the default being color wheel order) but if its only one or the other, I far prefer the current order--color wheel orde.

When I'm playing around in the scry workshop I generally am trying to go for a particular look and having them grouped by colors is far more useful to me than alphabetical order. If I am trying to find a particular color, on a computer, all I have to do is start typing the color name and it will select that color so its not that difficult to find a particular color.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support, and it would not be more practical unless you knew the names and appearances of all 160+ colors. (If it was optional, MAYBE. But this should not ever be a mandatory thing) The normal, intended view shows all of the colors in order of hue. (all blues are together and fade to green or purple, all yellows are together and fade to either green or orange, etc.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/tl5KxVz.png[/img] It's just that your browser/device doesn't agree with the color coding. (this is the entire color wheel, it starts at maize and ends at pearl (both at the top) [url=https://imgur.com/UHEkBWG]clearer picture[/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UHEkBWG.jpg[/img]
No support, and it would not be more practical unless you knew the names and appearances of all 160+ colors. (If it was optional, MAYBE. But this should not ever be a mandatory thing)
The normal, intended view shows all of the colors in order of hue. (all blues are together and fade to green or purple, all yellows are together and fade to either green or orange, etc.)
tl5KxVz.png

It's just that your browser/device doesn't agree with the color coding.

(this is the entire color wheel, it starts at maize and ends at pearl (both at the top)
clearer picture
UHEkBWG.jpg
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I can see the reason now why it is grouped as it is.

I like the idea of being able to choose between alphabetical order and non-alphabetical order more than my original suggestion!

My device only gives me a bunch of names without colors, which is rather unhelpful when I'm looking for a particular color. To have the option to change to Alphabetical would help me a lot with that.
I can see the reason now why it is grouped as it is.

I like the idea of being able to choose between alphabetical order and non-alphabetical order more than my original suggestion!

My device only gives me a bunch of names without colors, which is rather unhelpful when I'm looking for a particular color. To have the option to change to Alphabetical would help me a lot with that.
@Dangerwithapen

You know that you can open the drop down menu and start typing the name of the color you want, right? It's not well documented but it works (on Firefox at least.)
@Dangerwithapen

You know that you can open the drop down menu and start typing the name of the color you want, right? It's not well documented but it works (on Firefox at least.)
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@flipthefrog

That never works for me either. I'm using Chrome on a mac and that just makes my computer disagree with me.
@flipthefrog

That never works for me either. I'm using Chrome on a mac and that just makes my computer disagree with me.
@Dangerwithapen It does (sort of) work on Chrome for Mac, though you need to press the first couple of keys in very quick order for it to jump to the colour you want.
@Dangerwithapen It does (sort of) work on Chrome for Mac, though you need to press the first couple of keys in very quick order for it to jump to the colour you want.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
I wouldn't mind the toggle but I prefer the colorwheel one. English isn't my first, so quite a lot of the names don't tell me anything and I have no idea what color it is. So if I want to look for different shades of blue to see which one matches better, I'd miss Spruce and Cerulean as I don't know what it is XD
(though thanks to FR I learned a lot of colors, lol)

While if I want a certain color, I already know its range at least, and finding it in the list doesn't take too much time.
I wouldn't mind the toggle but I prefer the colorwheel one. English isn't my first, so quite a lot of the names don't tell me anything and I have no idea what color it is. So if I want to look for different shades of blue to see which one matches better, I'd miss Spruce and Cerulean as I don't know what it is XD
(though thanks to FR I learned a lot of colors, lol)

While if I want a certain color, I already know its range at least, and finding it in the list doesn't take too much time.
@Niomedes Even when I try that it goofs on me. Say I'm looking for Carrot, so I press on "CA" It'll first take me to a random 'C' then to a random 'A' rather than to a random 'Ca.' Hopefully that made a bit of sense.
@Niomedes Even when I try that it goofs on me. Say I'm looking for Carrot, so I press on "CA" It'll first take me to a random 'C' then to a random 'A' rather than to a random 'Ca.' Hopefully that made a bit of sense.
Ehhhh no support. I like the idea of an alphabetical list, but I think the way it is works better for scrying, even if you can't see the color in the drop down list. If you know where the color "sections" are in the list then there really should be no issues in finding what you need.

Let's say I'm looking for sunset. All I need to do is remember the oranges are somewhere in the middle and scroll to that area. Or if I want carmine, which is in the reds, those are at the bottom of the list. Purples are between blacks and blues. Etc.

Having the colors organized by colorwheel also lets the user easily pick similar colors quickly that would not be anywhere near each other in an alphabetical list (like watermelon and blush).
Ehhhh no support. I like the idea of an alphabetical list, but I think the way it is works better for scrying, even if you can't see the color in the drop down list. If you know where the color "sections" are in the list then there really should be no issues in finding what you need.

Let's say I'm looking for sunset. All I need to do is remember the oranges are somewhere in the middle and scroll to that area. Or if I want carmine, which is in the reds, those are at the bottom of the list. Purples are between blacks and blues. Etc.

Having the colors organized by colorwheel also lets the user easily pick similar colors quickly that would not be anywhere near each other in an alphabetical list (like watermelon and blush).
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
1 2