Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Brew] DrinkMe/EatMe
1 2 3
TL:DR version. A brewable item (long duration, 15-24hrs) that would change your dragon’s measurements to a random amount within their breed range, as based on averages gained from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1578819/1]Dragon Census[/url] or whatever presets the admins have. Dragons could get bigger from an Eat Me item or smaller from a Drink Me item but only within the range of their breed. ------------------------- Is your custom progen supposed to be this great big, powerful fighting guardian? But actually measures 10m long with a 11m wingspan and weighs a paltry 6kg? If you’ve ever wanted to change that, this is the suggestion for you! Sure, we’ve all worked around funny measurements on our dragons by just ignoring them, or incorporating what we can. But sometimes you want your dragon to be as big as you’ve described or you want to chart out your dragons on a graph and your leaders really come up short. On the whole, it seems that measurements for our dragons are several things: random, prone to borking, not inheritable, have no impact whatsoever on our dragons or game play in any capacity. So, let’s consider them a cosmetic feature like accents and colors and see if we can reroll out stats a bit. :D Using guardians again, as an example , these are their general averages: [center] [img] http://i.imgur.com/AzVlD26.png[/img] From: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1578819/1#post_14028830 [/center] Since they do nothing (add no power, no resilience and are basically there for the fun of it) I’d like to reroll the stats on a couple of my dragons, so they’ll fit their personalities a little better (my mirror with in-lore of a Napoleonic complex can actually be as tiny as she needs to be to have it for the humor value). [b]What I do want to stress is that the ranges can only be rerolled for whatever is supposed to be the max/min size for that breed.[/b] The largest fae records on the chart only reaches 1.66m length with a 1.86m wingspan. The smallest ridgeback measurements is 12.61m length and 10.93m. Those look like hard breed numbers, so there’s [b]no[/b] way to make a fae-sized ridgeback or a ridgeback-sized fae nor is this a suggestion to do so. Additionally, there might be some room for including a Wingspan augment potion. But that’s because I have a personal peeve of the poor relationship between wingspan and length of imperials, there is so much hangbutt with them. But hopefully, one could just keep using potions until they got the ratio they wanted. [size=5]To address the one concern I’ve been able to think of:[/size] [b][i]“If the reroll is based on the current size, what would stop someone from just rolling and walking their dragon up or down?”[/b][/i] [indent][b]Don’t[/b] base the rerolls on the dragon’s own size. [b]Do[/b] base it on the average for their breed. Using the same information as in the census*, these are the average measurements for the breeds (excluding Bogsneaks& Nocturnes for lack of data on these charts). [center] [b]Dragon breed by mean Length[/b] Fae(1.02 M) Spiral(3.33 M) Tundra(3.54 M) Skydancer(4.41 M) Snapper(4.98 M) Wildclaw(5.56 M) Pearlcatcher(5.68 M) Mirror(5.71 M) Coatl(7.61 M) Guardian(15.43 M) Ridgeback(18.72 M) Imperial(22.57 M) [b]Dragon breed by mean Wingspan[/b] Fae(1.21 M) Spiral(2.48 M) Snapper(2.59 M) Tundra(3.44 M) Skydancer(5.23 M) Pearlcatcher(5.29 M) Mirror(5.83 M) Wildclaw(6.92 M) Coatl(8.77 M) Guardian(16.56 M) Ridgeback(17.22 M) Imperial(19.18 M) [b]Dragon breed by mean Weight[/b] Fae(1.79 KG) Spiral(84.58 KG) Tundra(289.32 KG) Pearlcatcher(515.26 KG) Wildclaw(543.05 KG) Mirror(556.76 KG) Skydancer(634.73 KG) Coatl(888.37 KG) Snapper(6496.91 KG) Ridgeback(7588.64 KG) Imperial(7653.84 KG) Guardian(9670.93 KG) [/center] • http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1209023/1 You can try to make your guardian heavier than the 11,000.22kg that he is, but your reroll is going to be based against the 9670.93 average. You might get 12kg or you might get 10kg, it’s all bigger than the average, but it’s either exactly what you want, or smaller than where you started, but its all based around the average and can’t go any higher than the ceiling of 13648.77kg (or whatever the admins have already determined the max range is). This goes the same way for reducing your guardian’s weight. If the average for a perfect slim, trim, lean and mean guardian is 9670.93kg, and reducing him would either send him to 8000kg or 9000kg, but he could never be smaller than the tiniest guardian at 5693.08 (or again, whatever the determined min range is). -------------------- Recipe suggestion (as a gauge for complexity/time required to prefab ingredients, not to be taken as a hard list or anything): [item=White Slime] + [item=Reinforced Glass Beaker] / [item=Imbued Sulfur] + [item=Red Sludge] + [item=Red Goo] + [item=Red Ooze] + Treasure = Size Potion (But honestly, anything to use up more Red/Orange/Purple mats would be nice. And this has repeat value. A yo-yoing Tundra alchemist who keeps shrinking and growing himself because he forgot what his last potion batch was just sounds like a fun RP character.)

TL:DR version. A brewable item (long duration, 15-24hrs) that would change your dragon’s measurements to a random amount within their breed range, as based on averages gained from the Dragon Census or whatever presets the admins have. Dragons could get bigger from an Eat Me item or smaller from a Drink Me item but only within the range of their breed.

Is your custom progen supposed to be this great big, powerful fighting guardian? But actually measures 10m long with a 11m wingspan and weighs a paltry 6kg? If you’ve ever wanted to change that, this is the suggestion for you!

Sure, we’ve all worked around funny measurements on our dragons by just ignoring them, or incorporating what we can. But sometimes you want your dragon to be as big as you’ve described or you want to chart out your dragons on a graph and your leaders really come up short.
On the whole, it seems that measurements for our dragons are several things: random, prone to borking, not inheritable, have no impact whatsoever on our dragons or game play in any capacity.

So, let’s consider them a cosmetic feature like accents and colors and see if we can reroll out stats a bit. :D

Using guardians again, as an example , these are their general averages:

Since they do nothing (add no power, no resilience and are basically there for the fun of it) I’d like to reroll the stats on a couple of my dragons, so they’ll fit their personalities a little better (my mirror with in-lore of a Napoleonic complex can actually be as tiny as she needs to be to have it for the humor value).

What I do want to stress is that the ranges can only be rerolled for whatever is supposed to be the max/min size for that breed. The largest fae records on the chart only reaches 1.66m length with a 1.86m wingspan. The smallest ridgeback measurements is 12.61m length and 10.93m. Those look like hard breed numbers, so there’s no way to make a fae-sized ridgeback or a ridgeback-sized fae nor is this a suggestion to do so.

Additionally, there might be some room for including a Wingspan augment potion. But that’s because I have a personal peeve of the poor relationship between wingspan and length of imperials, there is so much hangbutt with them. But hopefully, one could just keep using potions until they got the ratio they wanted.

To address the one concern I’ve been able to think of:

“If the reroll is based on the current size, what would stop someone from just rolling and walking their dragon up or down?”

Don’t base the rerolls on the dragon’s own size. Do base it on the average for their breed. Using the same information as in the census*, these are the average measurements for the breeds (excluding Bogsneaks& Nocturnes for lack of data on these charts).
Dragon breed by mean Length
Fae(1.02 M)
Spiral(3.33 M)
Tundra(3.54 M)
Skydancer(4.41 M)
Snapper(4.98 M)
Wildclaw(5.56 M)
Pearlcatcher(5.68 M)
Mirror(5.71 M)
Coatl(7.61 M)
Guardian(15.43 M)
Ridgeback(18.72 M)
Imperial(22.57 M)

Dragon breed by mean Wingspan
Fae(1.21 M)
Spiral(2.48 M)
Snapper(2.59 M)
Tundra(3.44 M)
Skydancer(5.23 M)
Pearlcatcher(5.29 M)
Mirror(5.83 M)
Wildclaw(6.92 M)
Coatl(8.77 M)
Guardian(16.56 M)
Ridgeback(17.22 M)
Imperial(19.18 M)

Dragon breed by mean Weight
Fae(1.79 KG)
Spiral(84.58 KG)
Tundra(289.32 KG)
Pearlcatcher(515.26 KG)
Wildclaw(543.05 KG)
Mirror(556.76 KG)
Skydancer(634.73 KG)
Coatl(888.37 KG)
Snapper(6496.91 KG)
Ridgeback(7588.64 KG)
Imperial(7653.84 KG)
Guardian(9670.93 KG)

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1209023/1

You can try to make your guardian heavier than the 11,000.22kg that he is, but your reroll is going to be based against the 9670.93 average. You might get 12kg or you might get 10kg, it’s all bigger than the average, but it’s either exactly what you want, or smaller than where you started, but its all based around the average and can’t go any higher than the ceiling of 13648.77kg (or whatever the admins have already determined the max range is).

This goes the same way for reducing your guardian’s weight. If the average for a perfect slim, trim, lean and mean guardian is 9670.93kg, and reducing him would either send him to 8000kg or 9000kg, but he could never be smaller than the tiniest guardian at 5693.08 (or again, whatever the determined min range is).

Recipe suggestion (as a gauge for complexity/time required to prefab ingredients, not to be taken as a hard list or anything):
White Slime + Reinforced Glass Beaker / Imbued Sulfur + Red Sludge + Red Goo + Red Ooze + Treasure = Size Potion

(But honestly, anything to use up more Red/Orange/Purple mats would be nice. And this has repeat value. A yo-yoing Tundra alchemist who keeps shrinking and growing himself because he forgot what his last potion batch was just sounds like a fun RP character.)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
This is quite well thought out, and I don't see any downsides to it. It would be a nice little aesthetic/lore thing for those that do want it, and won't affect those who don't want it, so support.
(I actually do have one wildclaw who could be a little shorter for his lore, so this would be awesome!)
This is quite well thought out, and I don't see any downsides to it. It would be a nice little aesthetic/lore thing for those that do want it, and won't affect those who don't want it, so support.
(I actually do have one wildclaw who could be a little shorter for his lore, so this would be awesome!)
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
This would be a fun cosmetic addition to the site. Support.

I also wouldn't mind it being something like a gem or treasure MP item.
This would be a fun cosmetic addition to the site. Support.

I also wouldn't mind it being something like a gem or treasure MP item.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I support the idea. Though I don't think it should be called an Eat Me/Drink Me though as much as I would enjoy that cx

I don't often think of dragon sizes via game play unless I'm partaking in a show off. But I know some friends who would really appreciate this.

Questions though. Could you continuously use two Growths one after the other or would you only be able to do one growth, do a shrink and then another growth?

And what about breeding and cool down's of your dragon? Would you be able to use this potion at the exact moment after hatching, as soon as they become a dragon or only after their first cooldown?
I support the idea. Though I don't think it should be called an Eat Me/Drink Me though as much as I would enjoy that cx

I don't often think of dragon sizes via game play unless I'm partaking in a show off. But I know some friends who would really appreciate this.

Questions though. Could you continuously use two Growths one after the other or would you only be able to do one growth, do a shrink and then another growth?

And what about breeding and cool down's of your dragon? Would you be able to use this potion at the exact moment after hatching, as soon as they become a dragon or only after their first cooldown?
ezimba__2__by_xxdarkest_wolfxx-dbgurtx.gifezimba_by_xxdarkest_wolfxx-dbgq80i.gif
[quote name="@Sinbreaker" date=2017-08-31 11:40:24] I support the idea. Though I don't think it should be called an Eat Me/Drink Me though as much as I would enjoy that cx I don't often think of dragon sizes via game play unless I'm partaking in a show off. But I know some friends who would really appreciate this. Questions though. Could you continuously use two Growths one after the other or would you only be able to do one growth, do a shrink and then another growth? And what about breeding and cool down's of your dragon? Would you be able to use this potion at the exact moment after hatching, as soon as they become a dragon or only after their first cooldown? [/quote] Eh, Wonderland reference was just there as an eyecatcher (and it worked, lol), because FR seems to use a lot of metahumor and Wonderland is public domain now, I think? (There's no more a trademark on "Eat me" than there is "Eat at Joe's"as far as I know.) The admins are perfectly good at naming things what they want, it's all good by me. Arguably, there are size collectors that I know about (mostly everyone wanting imps longer than 30m), so that's why I put in the restriction of basing the augmentation around whatever the breed average is. So you couldn't just walk your 19m imp to 20, 22, 25, 29 and so on. You could go from 19m to 22m to 18m within 3 maxing potions, because the roll is based on whatever the average. You just asked for average<RNG>Max/Min. As I stated earlier: [quote] You can try to make your guardian heavier than the 11,000.22kg that he is, but your reroll is going to be based against the 9670.93 average. You might get 12kg or you might get 10kg, it’s all bigger than the average, but it’s either exactly what you want, or smaller than where you started, but its all based around the average and can’t go any higher than the ceiling of 13648.77kg (or whatever the admins have already determined the max range is). This goes the same way for reducing your guardian’s weight. If the average for a perfect slim, trim, lean and mean guardian is 9670.93kg, and reducing him would either send him to 8000kg or 9000kg, but he could never be smaller than the tiniest guardian at 5693.08 (or again, whatever the determined min range is). [/quote] You can gives potions as many times as you want, but all you're doing is getting a random spot on the range. Either under average to the minimum or over average to the maximum depending on the potion used. It does not stack, and if you somehow got your target dragon to their smallest/largest possible size, there's nothing else you could do, potion them again and they would then show up somewhere else on the range. I don't see what breeding and cool down have to do with this. Since dragons can breed before they are full size (the folks gathering bogsneak data specified that they wanted dragons that were either born as bogsneaks and were after cooldown, or had been breedchanged and bred at least once becasue scrolling them as hatchlings made their sizes weird.) And let's not forget the fantastic SD and Noc glitches we used to have, those dragons could breed perfectly well. Their size is cosmetic and seems to have absolutely no effects on them or are hereditary at all. In my measurements, hatchlings grow a ~specific amount daily, but no one's compiled any size charts on hatchling growth rates that I know of. In general or by breed. I doubt if it would make any kind of difference, but you wouldn't know for certain if you [i]needed [/i]to use the potion if you used it on a hatchling. It might've gone from a 3m hatchling to a 29m adult without your help. All you did by giving it the potion was ensure that it was above average by some degree. You could've messed yourself up and rerolled that potential 29m to only be 20m, it's still above average. So it would be a use at your own risk on hatchlings sort of thing. That's part of the reason that I also suggested the timer on it be longish like 16-24 hours, so they couldn't be cracked out willy-nilly and someone would still have to think about whether they wanted to take the chance and mess up what could be an already large or tiny dragon if they'd just waited the extra 4 days for it to grow up.
@Sinbreaker wrote on 2017-08-31:

Eh, Wonderland reference was just there as an eyecatcher (and it worked, lol), because FR seems to use a lot of metahumor and Wonderland is public domain now, I think? (There's no more a trademark on "Eat me" than there is "Eat at Joe's"as far as I know.) The admins are perfectly good at naming things what they want, it's all good by me.

Arguably, there are size collectors that I know about (mostly everyone wanting imps longer than 30m), so that's why I put in the restriction of basing the augmentation around whatever the breed average is. So you couldn't just walk your 19m imp to 20, 22, 25, 29 and so on. You could go from 19m to 22m to 18m within 3 maxing potions, because the roll is based on whatever the average. You just asked for average<RNG>Max/Min.

As I stated earlier:
Quote:
You can try to make your guardian heavier than the 11,000.22kg that he is, but your reroll is going to be based against the 9670.93 average. You might get 12kg or you might get 10kg, it’s all bigger than the average, but it’s either exactly what you want, or smaller than where you started, but its all based around the average and can’t go any higher than the ceiling of 13648.77kg (or whatever the admins have already determined the max range is).

This goes the same way for reducing your guardian’s weight. If the average for a perfect slim, trim, lean and mean guardian is 9670.93kg, and reducing him would either send him to 8000kg or 9000kg, but he could never be smaller than the tiniest guardian at 5693.08 (or again, whatever the determined min range is).

You can gives potions as many times as you want, but all you're doing is getting a random spot on the range. Either under average to the minimum or over average to the maximum depending on the potion used. It does not stack, and if you somehow got your target dragon to their smallest/largest possible size, there's nothing else you could do, potion them again and they would then show up somewhere else on the range.

I don't see what breeding and cool down have to do with this. Since dragons can breed before they are full size (the folks gathering bogsneak data specified that they wanted dragons that were either born as bogsneaks and were after cooldown, or had been breedchanged and bred at least once becasue scrolling them as hatchlings made their sizes weird.) And let's not forget the fantastic SD and Noc glitches we used to have, those dragons could breed perfectly well. Their size is cosmetic and seems to have absolutely no effects on them or are hereditary at all.

In my measurements, hatchlings grow a ~specific amount daily, but no one's compiled any size charts on hatchling growth rates that I know of. In general or by breed. I doubt if it would make any kind of difference, but you wouldn't know for certain if you needed to use the potion if you used it on a hatchling. It might've gone from a 3m hatchling to a 29m adult without your help. All you did by giving it the potion was ensure that it was above average by some degree. You could've messed yourself up and rerolled that potential 29m to only be 20m, it's still above average. So it would be a use at your own risk on hatchlings sort of thing.

That's part of the reason that I also suggested the timer on it be longish like 16-24 hours, so they couldn't be cracked out willy-nilly and someone would still have to think about whether they wanted to take the chance and mess up what could be an already large or tiny dragon if they'd just waited the extra 4 days for it to grow up.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I'd use this to try and roll my custom progen to be the smallest fae on site. She is supposed to be this super small (like a house fly), yet really strong and loud bugger.
I'd use this to try and roll my custom progen to be the smallest fae on site. She is supposed to be this super small (like a house fly), yet really strong and loud bugger.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
support!

this is really well thought out! i would like to think that it would actually be a food item, but it would probably have to be under specialty
support!

this is really well thought out! i would like to think that it would actually be a food item, but it would probably have to be under specialty
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
Support!

I'd be really nice for lore and RP stories. I also just think it's a super cute idea~
Support!

I'd be really nice for lore and RP stories. I also just think it's a super cute idea~
Silly? Yes. Pointless to most users? Yes. Fun? Oh heck yes! My custom progen has huge wings for a fae and I love her for it. I like imagining her just being wings and neck and nothing else. XD It would be awesome to make dragons above/below average size! Obviously the "average" would have to stay the same so not to risk runaway inflation/deflation of size if this becomes super popular but I see no problems with this! Support!
Silly? Yes. Pointless to most users? Yes. Fun? Oh heck yes! My custom progen has huge wings for a fae and I love her for it. I like imagining her just being wings and neck and nothing else. XD It would be awesome to make dragons above/below average size! Obviously the "average" would have to stay the same so not to risk runaway inflation/deflation of size if this becomes super popular but I see no problems with this! Support!
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
yes pls
yes pls
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx