Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Two-part (festival) apparel sets
[color=green]Original idea stemming from festival apparel, but could be applied to normal releases as well. Following post's phrasing will be specific to festival stuff. FR fest apparel's pretty cool, a lot of it's very unique which is nice, but a lot of it is also very large... making it difficult to use in many situations. I propose: releasing festival apparel as two-part matching sets. So, for a year, the Joxar offerings would be: the elemental emblem, the familiar, apparel piece 1, apparel piece two. So for example, splitting up the butterflies and the mask in this apparel: [item=butterfly's kiss] [color=green]Or say, having two different sets of (sparser) fish and bubbles, so they could be layered both above and below a dragon. [item=warmwater wanderers] [color=green]Basically, a way to make special and unique festival apparel more usable to people, while still keeping the overall aesthetic/size via the combining of the set.
Original idea stemming from festival apparel, but could be applied to normal releases as well. Following post's phrasing will be specific to festival stuff.

FR fest apparel's pretty cool, a lot of it's very unique which is nice, but a lot of it is also very large... making it difficult to use in many situations.

I propose: releasing festival apparel as two-part matching sets. So, for a year, the Joxar offerings would be: the elemental emblem, the familiar, apparel piece 1, apparel piece two.

So for example, splitting up the butterflies and the mask in this apparel:
Butterfly's Kiss

Or say, having two different sets of (sparser) fish and bubbles, so they could be layered both above and below a dragon.
Warmwater Wanderers

Basically, a way to make special and unique festival apparel more usable to people, while still keeping the overall aesthetic/size via the combining of the set.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@Kizmetto
@Kizmetto
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
@rhea ah! yes you worded this perfectly. Not too much i can add but subbed for discussion from other users :)

Naming Conventions would be simple too; Warm Waters A and Warm Waters B.

oh support by the way!
@rhea ah! yes you worded this perfectly. Not too much i can add but subbed for discussion from other users :)

oh support by the way!
@rhea
I'm feeling this. Bonus points for getting rid of vistas. I'm so sick of vistas. More festival apparel 2k18.

Have to specifically be that the one Big item was split in two (where possible) and not just "here is Big item and also a special effect" because that's not really helpful. Two smaller items is better than one Big one.

I didn't unlock all 20 apparel slots for one item to be an entire outfit by itself admin, sorry to say. Neat idea, but please stop let me drown dragons in clothes.
@rhea
I'm feeling this. Bonus points for getting rid of vistas. I'm so sick of vistas. More festival apparel 2k18.

Have to specifically be that the one Big item was split in two (where possible) and not just "here is Big item and also a special effect" because that's not really helpful. Two smaller items is better than one Big one.

I didn't unlock all 20 apparel slots for one item to be an entire outfit by itself admin, sorry to say. Neat idea, but please stop let me drown dragons in clothes.
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
[quote name="Kizmetto" date=2017-08-31 04:30:17] Naming Conventions would be simple too; Warm Waters A and Warm Waters B. oh support by the way! [/quote] If something like this was added I'd prefer a different naming convention. A part a part b or 1 and 2 makes it feel like you have to use them together. Instead something like warmwater fish and warmwarter bubbles would be better. Unless that's what you mean and the a and b were placeholders Cost wise each part of the pair should be similar.
Kizmetto wrote on 2017-08-31:

oh support by the way!

If something like this was added I'd prefer a different naming convention. A part a part b or 1 and 2 makes it feel like you have to use them together. Instead something like warmwater fish and warmwarter bubbles would be better. Unless that's what you mean and the a and b were placeholders

Cost wise each part of the pair should be similar.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I would love that! Taking the current welder's mask as an example, I love the actual mask and the smoke but the welder's turtleneck is not my style at all. Though I don't think that the previous apparel should be affected - and I don't think it's possible to change the current cycle's festival items? - so this would be a suggestion for the next cycle :)
I would love that! Taking the current welder's mask as an example, I love the actual mask and the smoke but the welder's turtleneck is not my style at all. Though I don't think that the previous apparel should be affected - and I don't think it's possible to change the current cycle's festival items? - so this would be a suggestion for the next cycle :)
JQQ3Fjt.png
I would rather they bring back the small apparel/large apparel sets instead of large apparel/vistas (I'm seriously sick of the vistas by now.) but I wouldn't object to this!
I would rather they bring back the small apparel/large apparel sets instead of large apparel/vistas (I'm seriously sick of the vistas by now.) but I wouldn't object to this!
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
That would be lovely! Lately the festival apparel does tend to get on a bulky side, and it would be nice to be able to combine the pieces instead of getting a large whole outfit.
That would be lovely! Lately the festival apparel does tend to get on a bulky side, and it would be nice to be able to combine the pieces instead of getting a large whole outfit.
there are a couple of problems i see with this.

1) what should the price be. would they both be 65? would one be 65 and one be 50 like now? should they be cheaper individually ? or expensive individually? or just treat them as one item and split the cost at 32/33 (since you can't have half a currency, but one would still always be more expensive)

2)as much as i am sick of vistas, the variety of the shop is good. 1 familiar, 1 emblem that is the same every year, 1 unique apparel, 1 vista.

nothing against the idea itself (except rip apparel slots) just the logistics are complicated.

there are a couple of problems i see with this.

1) what should the price be. would they both be 65? would one be 65 and one be 50 like now? should they be cheaper individually ? or expensive individually? or just treat them as one item and split the cost at 32/33 (since you can't have half a currency, but one would still always be more expensive)

2)as much as i am sick of vistas, the variety of the shop is good. 1 familiar, 1 emblem that is the same every year, 1 unique apparel, 1 vista.

nothing against the idea itself (except rip apparel slots) just the logistics are complicated.

IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
@NamedDame Nah good points about those I get ya.

Previous to the years with vistas, we had Joxar with emblem-familiar-apparel-apparel, so it's not without precedent.

Prices were the same I think? for those years, i.e. 65 for one apparel and less for the other (can't recall the exact number). Personally I think something like 50-40 for each would be nice, but I tend to prefer to leave price specifics up in the air since they're difficult to agree on.

If two-part fest apparel ever is a thing, Joxar may either need to expand to 5 slots, or alternate years of apparel-apparel with apparel-other for variety.
@NamedDame Nah good points about those I get ya.

Previous to the years with vistas, we had Joxar with emblem-familiar-apparel-apparel, so it's not without precedent.

Prices were the same I think? for those years, i.e. 65 for one apparel and less for the other (can't recall the exact number). Personally I think something like 50-40 for each would be nice, but I tend to prefer to leave price specifics up in the air since they're difficult to agree on.

If two-part fest apparel ever is a thing, Joxar may either need to expand to 5 slots, or alternate years of apparel-apparel with apparel-other for variety.
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway