Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hovernotes on Friends List
TL;DR version: Consider allowing small notes to be added to the friends list, like avatar hovertext that comes up under their username hovertext. Very small things where you could put down, "Owes 3 fodder." "Wants Summer breeding ping." "Has fantastic Nocturne lore."

I have face recognition problems in real life, faces don't register right (i can clearly see all parts of a face and identify details, but if you put to moderately similar faces together, I can't really tell them apart. unless there's gross details that are different, in which case I notice the detail and still don't really see a face difference).

But anyway, my friends list isn't huge, it's got 75 people in it and that's a nice number for me. They aren't "friends" (whatever that word means now), but they are people that I irregularly check up on for lore and I buy fodder for them, or I have them in mind for raffles and such or we got into a great conversation about Snapper gastroliths or something.

But they do go in order of when I add them, and the same first 8 friends are always the ones that show up on my lair page (some of them are only irregularly on now, but... nostalgia keeps them on my list). Before name changes were common I had no problem with the avatar faces changing, because the name was at least the same (a gross detail). But I've had a couple of cases now where someone on my list has changed both their avatar and their username at the same time. I don't know who they are anymore when that happens, so it causes quite a bit of flail when it does occur, because I've had that person on my list for years, but then I have to go and say "Hello, I noticed you're in the middle of my friendslist, but who are you and why do we know each other again?" and that's really awkward.

The worst time it happened was when someone did that mid thread conversation and I literally had no idea who that person was and why they acted like they knew me and butted into the previous conversation i was having and the other party had disappeared from the site completely. It was very uncomfortable and sorta killed both the conversation and the acquaintanceship.

So I'd really like someway to tag the people I know with something in my list. Keeping a list offsite doesn't work, since I'd have their old picture and name and my notes on a spreadsheet and I still won't know who they are when they show up again with a new mask and alias.

TL;DR version: Consider allowing small notes to be added to the friends list, like avatar hovertext that comes up under their username hovertext. Very small things where you could put down, "Owes 3 fodder." "Wants Summer breeding ping." "Has fantastic Nocturne lore."

I have face recognition problems in real life, faces don't register right (i can clearly see all parts of a face and identify details, but if you put to moderately similar faces together, I can't really tell them apart. unless there's gross details that are different, in which case I notice the detail and still don't really see a face difference).

But anyway, my friends list isn't huge, it's got 75 people in it and that's a nice number for me. They aren't "friends" (whatever that word means now), but they are people that I irregularly check up on for lore and I buy fodder for them, or I have them in mind for raffles and such or we got into a great conversation about Snapper gastroliths or something.

But they do go in order of when I add them, and the same first 8 friends are always the ones that show up on my lair page (some of them are only irregularly on now, but... nostalgia keeps them on my list). Before name changes were common I had no problem with the avatar faces changing, because the name was at least the same (a gross detail). But I've had a couple of cases now where someone on my list has changed both their avatar and their username at the same time. I don't know who they are anymore when that happens, so it causes quite a bit of flail when it does occur, because I've had that person on my list for years, but then I have to go and say "Hello, I noticed you're in the middle of my friendslist, but who are you and why do we know each other again?" and that's really awkward.

The worst time it happened was when someone did that mid thread conversation and I literally had no idea who that person was and why they acted like they knew me and butted into the previous conversation i was having and the other party had disappeared from the site completely. It was very uncomfortable and sorta killed both the conversation and the acquaintanceship.

So I'd really like someway to tag the people I know with something in my list. Keeping a list offsite doesn't work, since I'd have their old picture and name and my notes on a spreadsheet and I still won't know who they are when they show up again with a new mask and alias.

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]