Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Apparel categories + Fam level indicator
Okay so I've got 2 suggestions here:

Apparel Categories
Specifically when you're looking to dress your dragon. It'd be really nice to have small categories such as: Holiday apparel, or head, neck, body, see all.
Or even make your own categories/folders to better organize. (specifically for apparel. I don't really have this issue with anything else)
The issue with how it is now, is that it's inconvenient if you're looking for something in particular that isn't part of a fancy set, like something presumed simple but is 3 stars instead of 1 or 2 and not near any other neckwear.
There's no real organization right now except by star rating which I often overlook and have to scroll slowly because I don't know where in the list that thing will show up when I try to put it on my dragon.
Sub suggestion
Making the scrolly box larger would be nice as well.

Familiar Level +# Indicators
Give familiar avatars 2 small icons in your inventory/familiar select/anywhere they show up from your hoard; that show the number you have on you (including your vault), and idk a little star or something to replace the heart if you're maxed out. In the bestiary it's shown as a heart with a rainbow sheen, and it would be nice to see some sort of indication if a familiar is maxed out or not when selecting them.
I'm not picky about what the icons are or how it's shown; I'd just like a way to tell if a familiar is maxed out from the familiar select window, and a way to tell how many you own in total from any inventory.

I doubt I'm the only one who takes a maxed familiar off a dragon to replace with a newer fresher familiar, only to find that the 5 or 6 familiars I try to put on the dragon all happen to be maxed (usually because I forget to transfer them to my vault and then go offline for a while, easy thing to forget).
And I sometimes end up with 3 or 4 of the same familiar because I don't know whos on dragons, whats in my vault, i dont knows on third and I have multiple on hand that straight up refuse to go onto a dragon.
It'd just be a major help to organization and not accidentally selling the only copy of that familiar because you think you locked it in the vault but you didn't or you don't end up with a whole pile of familiars or buying a familiar you couldn't locate because you thought you hadn't had it before or any number of reasons, really.
Okay so I've got 2 suggestions here:

Apparel Categories
Specifically when you're looking to dress your dragon. It'd be really nice to have small categories such as: Holiday apparel, or head, neck, body, see all.
Or even make your own categories/folders to better organize. (specifically for apparel. I don't really have this issue with anything else)
The issue with how it is now, is that it's inconvenient if you're looking for something in particular that isn't part of a fancy set, like something presumed simple but is 3 stars instead of 1 or 2 and not near any other neckwear.
There's no real organization right now except by star rating which I often overlook and have to scroll slowly because I don't know where in the list that thing will show up when I try to put it on my dragon.
Sub suggestion
Making the scrolly box larger would be nice as well.

Familiar Level +# Indicators
Give familiar avatars 2 small icons in your inventory/familiar select/anywhere they show up from your hoard; that show the number you have on you (including your vault), and idk a little star or something to replace the heart if you're maxed out. In the bestiary it's shown as a heart with a rainbow sheen, and it would be nice to see some sort of indication if a familiar is maxed out or not when selecting them.
I'm not picky about what the icons are or how it's shown; I'd just like a way to tell if a familiar is maxed out from the familiar select window, and a way to tell how many you own in total from any inventory.

I doubt I'm the only one who takes a maxed familiar off a dragon to replace with a newer fresher familiar, only to find that the 5 or 6 familiars I try to put on the dragon all happen to be maxed (usually because I forget to transfer them to my vault and then go offline for a while, easy thing to forget).
And I sometimes end up with 3 or 4 of the same familiar because I don't know whos on dragons, whats in my vault, i dont knows on third and I have multiple on hand that straight up refuse to go onto a dragon.
It'd just be a major help to organization and not accidentally selling the only copy of that familiar because you think you locked it in the vault but you didn't or you don't end up with a whole pile of familiars or buying a familiar you couldn't locate because you thought you hadn't had it before or any number of reasons, really.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Just to clarify, the heart icon in the Beastiary doesn't actually indicate how many of a given Familiar you have. That indicates the bonding level. I just checked my own Beastiary to make sure. The only Ancient Fungus familiar I have is paired with a dragon. None in my Hoard, none in my vault. But in the Beastiary there's a 4 inside the heart symbol. And this familiar is at the 4th level of bonding. I also noticed a familiar I had listed as Awakened had a rainbow sheen on the heart. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/loyalty4.png[/img] heart showing 4th stage loyalty [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/loyalty6.png[/img] rainbow sheen of awakened heart That being said, it would be nice if a little blurb could be added to the description box of familiars (or to their listing in the Marketplace, much like apparel) that says "You have X." with X being the number you currently own.
Just to clarify, the heart icon in the Beastiary doesn't actually indicate how many of a given Familiar you have. That indicates the bonding level. I just checked my own Beastiary to make sure. The only Ancient Fungus familiar I have is paired with a dragon. None in my Hoard, none in my vault. But in the Beastiary there's a 4 inside the heart symbol. And this familiar is at the 4th level of bonding. I also noticed a familiar I had listed as Awakened had a rainbow sheen on the heart.
loyalty4.png heart showing 4th stage loyalty
loyalty6.png rainbow sheen of awakened heart

That being said, it would be nice if a little blurb could be added to the description box of familiars (or to their listing in the Marketplace, much like apparel) that says "You have X." with X being the number you currently own.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
@HondaYori
Yeah haha, but I figured the aesthetic for amount could be kinda nice as an example; sorry if that was confusing! (ended up just removing it all together because it really wasnt needed now that I look at it lol)
I completely forgot about the rainbow sheen for awakened! I'll edit my first post a bit to make things clearer, but thats what I was hoping for for when you pick the familiars, any sort of indicator for ...well both of these things lol
Thank you!
@HondaYori
Yeah haha, but I figured the aesthetic for amount could be kinda nice as an example; sorry if that was confusing! (ended up just removing it all together because it really wasnt needed now that I look at it lol)
I completely forgot about the rainbow sheen for awakened! I'll edit my first post a bit to make things clearer, but thats what I was hoping for for when you pick the familiars, any sort of indicator for ...well both of these things lol
Thank you!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png