Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Other crafting skills?
Currently, Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is the only "crafting" aspect of this game. I wonder if there will be new crafting skills (stuffs like blacksmithing, woodworking) coming. There are a lot of resources that fits in other crafting aspect than alchemy and not all of them should be transmuted into alchemy components.
Currently, Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is the only "crafting" aspect of this game. I wonder if there will be new crafting skills (stuffs like blacksmithing, woodworking) coming. There are a lot of resources that fits in other crafting aspect than alchemy and not all of them should be transmuted into alchemy components.
I would welcome these with one caveat: They shouldn't be just reskins of current areas. IE a blacksmithing area shouldn't be a reskinned Baldwin where you take ore and melt (transmute) it to ingots then take ingots and create metal items.

I would like each area to be different, and not all need to be added to the trading post (IE for a cooking area it could be added to the 'dragon lair' to imply that this is something each lair does for themselves. It would also mean no NPC is needed for said area etc... The lair wouldn't be 'borrowing' a cooking area from a Trading post NPC like they are borrowing a cauldron from Baldwin)
I would welcome these with one caveat: They shouldn't be just reskins of current areas. IE a blacksmithing area shouldn't be a reskinned Baldwin where you take ore and melt (transmute) it to ingots then take ingots and create metal items.

I would like each area to be different, and not all need to be added to the trading post (IE for a cooking area it could be added to the 'dragon lair' to imply that this is something each lair does for themselves. It would also mean no NPC is needed for said area etc... The lair wouldn't be 'borrowing' a cooking area from a Trading post NPC like they are borrowing a cauldron from Baldwin)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support! I'd like to see a metalworking forge where you can craft various armors, jewelry, and weapons. I can see it now... [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=11&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=9a9d7565f177cccc692302d55937580aaabb6283&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Run by a fire-element Coatl who studied under the Flamecaller herself. "Marcus' Metalworking Mashup." Stoke the fires and smelt the ores to create shiny baubles and gleaming armor! Existing ores (Cobalt, copper, iron, gold, silver, etc.) can be melted together to create new alloys like electrum (gold+silver) or brass. Beginning recipes can include recolors of existing armors like the Filigree or ___scale (Shadowscale, Brightscale, etc.) armors, recolor of the simple jewelry set, and a plain dagger. More experienced users can unlock elemental-themed armor or blades, possibly forged with some sort of elemental essence to enhance a dragon's natural abilities, along with more elaborate jewelry. Crowns and tiaras and diadems could be part of the higher level, with various other components used to add patina coloring to the metal, or gemstones. Bracelets, anklets, tail and arm bands, wing piercings and earrings, even artificial claws like the one in the lace sets or in the barbarian/ruthless/untamed sets. Along with whatever else the staff could invent.
Support!
I'd like to see a metalworking forge where you can craft various armors, jewelry, and weapons. I can see it now...

dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=11&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=9a9d7565f177cccc692302d55937580aaabb6283&dummyext=prev.png
Run by a fire-element Coatl who studied under the Flamecaller herself. "Marcus' Metalworking Mashup."
Stoke the fires and smelt the ores to create shiny baubles and gleaming armor! Existing ores (Cobalt, copper, iron, gold, silver, etc.) can be melted together to create new alloys like electrum (gold+silver) or brass. Beginning recipes can include recolors of existing armors like the Filigree or ___scale (Shadowscale, Brightscale, etc.) armors, recolor of the simple jewelry set, and a plain dagger. More experienced users can unlock elemental-themed armor or blades, possibly forged with some sort of elemental essence to enhance a dragon's natural abilities, along with more elaborate jewelry.
Crowns and tiaras and diadems could be part of the higher level, with various other components used to add patina coloring to the metal, or gemstones. Bracelets, anklets, tail and arm bands, wing piercings and earrings, even artificial claws like the one in the lace sets or in the barbarian/ruthless/untamed sets.
Along with whatever else the staff could invent.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-07-21 07:55:19] Support! I'd like to see a metalworking forge where you can craft various armors, jewelry, and weapons. I can see it now... [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=11&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=9a9d7565f177cccc692302d55937580aaabb6283&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Run by a fire-element Coatl who studied under the Flamecaller herself. "Marcus' Metalworking Mashup." Stoke the fires and smelt the ores to create shiny baubles and gleaming armor! Existing ores (Cobalt, copper, iron, gold, silver, etc.) can be melted together to create new alloys like electrum (gold+silver) or brass. Beginning recipes can include recolors of existing armors like the Filigree or ___scale (Shadowscale, Brightscale, etc.) armors, recolor of the simple jewelry set, and a plain dagger. More experienced users can unlock elemental-themed armor or blades, possibly forged with some sort of elemental essence to enhance a dragon's natural abilities, along with more elaborate jewelry. Crowns and tiaras and diadems could be part of the higher level, with various other components used to add patina coloring to the metal, or gemstones. Bracelets, anklets, tail and arm bands, wing piercings and earrings, even artificial claws like the one in the lace sets or in the barbarian/ruthless/untamed sets. Along with whatever else the staff could invent. [/quote] Support, I love that idea! And also, that dragon would fit there so well :D
HondaYori wrote on 2017-07-21:
Support!
I'd like to see a metalworking forge where you can craft various armors, jewelry, and weapons. I can see it now...

dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=11&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=9a9d7565f177cccc692302d55937580aaabb6283&dummyext=prev.png
Run by a fire-element Coatl who studied under the Flamecaller herself. "Marcus' Metalworking Mashup."
Stoke the fires and smelt the ores to create shiny baubles and gleaming armor! Existing ores (Cobalt, copper, iron, gold, silver, etc.) can be melted together to create new alloys like electrum (gold+silver) or brass. Beginning recipes can include recolors of existing armors like the Filigree or ___scale (Shadowscale, Brightscale, etc.) armors, recolor of the simple jewelry set, and a plain dagger. More experienced users can unlock elemental-themed armor or blades, possibly forged with some sort of elemental essence to enhance a dragon's natural abilities, along with more elaborate jewelry.
Crowns and tiaras and diadems could be part of the higher level, with various other components used to add patina coloring to the metal, or gemstones. Bracelets, anklets, tail and arm bands, wing piercings and earrings, even artificial claws like the one in the lace sets or in the barbarian/ruthless/untamed sets.
Along with whatever else the staff could invent.

Support, I love that idea! And also, that dragon would fit there so well :D
3_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfppe.gif
1_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfr49.gif

fdegtr_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfr56.png

2_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfr4j.gif
4_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfppz.gif
Support! It's very nice if we have tons of magicians/alchemists to put it in the lore, but the other "jobs" (aside from coliseum maybe) are kind of left aside :/
Also the armor idea is pretty neat, I'm all for crafting your own stuff, and dragon armor is just awesome
Support! It's very nice if we have tons of magicians/alchemists to put it in the lore, but the other "jobs" (aside from coliseum maybe) are kind of left aside :/
Also the armor idea is pretty neat, I'm all for crafting your own stuff, and dragon armor is just awesome
tumblr_inline_nk71a9tcrJ1qg2i5p.png
I really dig both of them!!!! Especially Honda's awesome metalworker!

While it is super out of reach and would be way more work, it would be cool to have "crafts" themed after each of the flights! (Baldwin=arcane, blacksmith=fire, potion making=plague, battlestones=earth[would require some moving], light=book writing/scroll making[again, some moving], Shadow=Game making/card making?, Lightning=engineers, Water=Shellcrafts, ice=fossil restoration/taxidermy?, nature=gardening[for special familiars or plants that sit by dragons feet in the way of apparell?], Wind=lantern making? :0)

Yeah, I got a little lost towards the end BUT IT WAS POINTLESS TO WASTE THE IDEAS >A>
I really dig both of them!!!! Especially Honda's awesome metalworker!

While it is super out of reach and would be way more work, it would be cool to have "crafts" themed after each of the flights! (Baldwin=arcane, blacksmith=fire, potion making=plague, battlestones=earth[would require some moving], light=book writing/scroll making[again, some moving], Shadow=Game making/card making?, Lightning=engineers, Water=Shellcrafts, ice=fossil restoration/taxidermy?, nature=gardening[for special familiars or plants that sit by dragons feet in the way of apparell?], Wind=lantern making? :0)

Yeah, I got a little lost towards the end BUT IT WAS POINTLESS TO WASTE THE IDEAS >A>
CdZTwZd.png
Wishlist | Art Samples | Deviantart | Custom Bio Examples
Looking for stoned Lvl 25s, preferably either Water or Nature. Preferably pretty or with potential. The ghostier/more halloweeny the better! Willing to offer mixed payment.
support, but I think a few games get a little... too complicated and caught up in the crafting part. so I guess support as long as we don't take it too far. :p
support, but I think a few games get a little... too complicated and caught up in the crafting part. so I guess support as long as we don't take it too far. :p
Support! I think this would add a wonderful variety to FR!
Support! I think this would add a wonderful variety to FR!
A little too obsessed with this game...