Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Different exalted pages for each flight
1 2
I don't know if this has been brought up/rejected before, sorry if it has.

When you click on the name of an exalted dragon, they are shown standing on a pedestal. However, the text says that they were exalted to a certain deity.
I think that there should be different pedestals for each flight. For example, a dragon sent to serve under the Earthshaker could be standing on a large rock, a dragon sent to the Tidelord could have oceans surrounding them, and a dragon sent to the Gladekeeper could be surrounded by tangles of plants.
The current design reminds me of the Light flight. I don't think it would be too hard to add this, and I think it would be nice to have a bit of variety.
also if the design was really nice I would feel less bad about exalting dragons
I don't know if this has been brought up/rejected before, sorry if it has.

When you click on the name of an exalted dragon, they are shown standing on a pedestal. However, the text says that they were exalted to a certain deity.
I think that there should be different pedestals for each flight. For example, a dragon sent to serve under the Earthshaker could be standing on a large rock, a dragon sent to the Tidelord could have oceans surrounding them, and a dragon sent to the Gladekeeper could be surrounded by tangles of plants.
The current design reminds me of the Light flight. I don't think it would be too hard to add this, and I think it would be nice to have a bit of variety.
also if the design was really nice I would feel less bad about exalting dragons
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
I think this would be very cute and make each flight feel different.

I think that the designs should restrict themselves to the pedestals themselves and not around the dragon.
I think this would be very cute and make each flight feel different.

I think that the designs should restrict themselves to the pedestals themselves and not around the dragon.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Tentative support.

One of the main reasons exalting is a thing is to lessen the strain on the site's servers. Exalted dragons don't need to have nearly as much data stored about them. No stats, no familiar, no apparel, no energy level, no breed cooldown, etc. That is probably one reason why the exalt page is so generic and basic.

I do agree that it would be neat if the pedestal corresponded to the deity. However, if that would be too much of an added strain, then it defeats one of exalting's main purposes. So I only fully support if this would not add too much extra burden to the servers.
Tentative support.

One of the main reasons exalting is a thing is to lessen the strain on the site's servers. Exalted dragons don't need to have nearly as much data stored about them. No stats, no familiar, no apparel, no energy level, no breed cooldown, etc. That is probably one reason why the exalt page is so generic and basic.

I do agree that it would be neat if the pedestal corresponded to the deity. However, if that would be too much of an added strain, then it defeats one of exalting's main purposes. So I only fully support if this would not add too much extra burden to the servers.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-07-20 19:07:34] Tentative support. One of the main reasons exalting is a thing is to lessen the strain on the site's servers. Exalted dragons don't need to have nearly as much data stored about them. No stats, no familiar, no apparel, no energy level, no breed cooldown, etc. That is probably one reason why the exalt page is so generic and basic. I do agree that it would be neat if the pedestal corresponded to the deity. However, if that would be too much of an added strain, then it defeats one of exalting's main purposes. So I only fully support if this would not add too much extra burden to the servers. [/quote] This was one of my fears as well, however, upon thinking about it, I am nor sure, other than the necessity of having 10 more images, it would add that much strain. Truthfully, it probably would take very little to implement this. The exalt page already checks for the flight of the user, as well as displays the name accordingly, so they could potentially move the displaying of the pedestal to that section as well and just change the image displayed depending on the flight.
HondaYori wrote on 2017-07-20:
Tentative support.

This was one of my fears as well, however, upon thinking about it, I am nor sure, other than the necessity of having 10 more images, it would add that much strain.

Truthfully, it probably would take very little to implement this. The exalt page already checks for the flight of the user, as well as displays the name accordingly, so they could potentially move the displaying of the pedestal to that section as well and just change the image displayed depending on the flight.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Total support.
It's just like when you visit other user's lair, the background image would change. It'll give more characteristic to each flight.

HondaYori
Giving exalted dragon different background wouldn't really cause extra burden to the site, code wise. The data of flight which the dragon is exalted to has already been kept up until now, all we need is 10 different background images(giving we already have the page for light flight), so this feature would require no extra resources.
Total support.
It's just like when you visit other user's lair, the background image would change. It'll give more characteristic to each flight.

HondaYori
Giving exalted dragon different background wouldn't really cause extra burden to the site, code wise. The data of flight which the dragon is exalted to has already been kept up until now, all we need is 10 different background images(giving we already have the page for light flight), so this feature would require no extra resources.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
It's little lore and ascetic things like this that FR needs heaps more of. Support!
It's little lore and ascetic things like this that FR needs heaps more of. Support!
No support. It is only going to eat up ressources for something most people do not even look at. When was the last time you browsed exalted dragon? Right.. When you were clicking through a) exalted dragons for your dominance team or b) looking up dragons per dragonsearch while not using the 'only active' option.

The page we have right now is nicely neutral and allready more aesthetically pleasing that one would asume for a page that basically only exists to not break lineages. For all it mattered it could have been just a blank white page that said 'this dragon has been exalted' withour dragon graphics or nice backgrounds.

We really should not blow that page out of proportion - your trashbin would not need to be made from gold either.
No support. It is only going to eat up ressources for something most people do not even look at. When was the last time you browsed exalted dragon? Right.. When you were clicking through a) exalted dragons for your dominance team or b) looking up dragons per dragonsearch while not using the 'only active' option.

The page we have right now is nicely neutral and allready more aesthetically pleasing that one would asume for a page that basically only exists to not break lineages. For all it mattered it could have been just a blank white page that said 'this dragon has been exalted' withour dragon graphics or nice backgrounds.

We really should not blow that page out of proportion - your trashbin would not need to be made from gold either.
It's not going to add that much ressources, since the flight it was exalted for is already noted down, meaning that it won't add much load.

Support
It's not going to add that much ressources, since the flight it was exalted for is already noted down, meaning that it won't add much load.

Support
Support! It's a little thing, but it would be a nice touch.

I can't imagine adding 10 new backgrounds would put that big of a strain on the server. They're just generic backgrounds; it's not like each dragon gets its own unique backdrop. Exalted dragons already have the current background and their exalted Flight coded onto their pages by default-- this wouldn't be a major chunk of resources like a fully-animated new Coliseum venue.

This would use up no more resources than adding 10 new items (which are added regularly on here), and I really doubt it would lag the site at all.
Support! It's a little thing, but it would be a nice touch.

I can't imagine adding 10 new backgrounds would put that big of a strain on the server. They're just generic backgrounds; it's not like each dragon gets its own unique backdrop. Exalted dragons already have the current background and their exalted Flight coded onto their pages by default-- this wouldn't be a major chunk of resources like a fully-animated new Coliseum venue.

This would use up no more resources than adding 10 new items (which are added regularly on here), and I really doubt it would lag the site at all.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support! This seems like a nice little touch for when you're going through your dragons offspring list and half of them are exalted haha
Support! This seems like a nice little touch for when you're going through your dragons offspring list and half of them are exalted haha
tswwdj9.pngHYpXKHm.png
1 2