Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Bonding Overhaul
1 2 3
As of right now, bonding takes an extremely long time and gives few rewards. To awaken a familiar, you come back for 89 days, and must go through the process of click bond -> click okay -> click next dragon -> Rinse and reapeat (possibly 200 times) What do you get for all of this? Awakening a familiar will give you 3kt and the occasional chest over a span of almost 90 days. It just doesn't feel like an acheivement to do all that work when it really should. and I have a few suggestions to make things a bit easier and more worthwhile.

1.) Awakened familiars stay in the bestiary

This would encourage people to sell familiars they no longer want. More retired familiars would be put into circulation because people won't have to keep them for the sake of keeping the bestiary entry.

2.) Arrow key controls

By using arrow keys, you could swap between dragons. This would help people with hand problems and minimalize the clicking.

3.) No more "Okay" popup

Instead, a smaller less intrusive box will pop up in the corner, letting you know the amount of treasure that was earned. The box disappears on its own and does not require any clicking

4.) When selecting a familiar, awakened ones are highlighted

Whenever I switch familiars, sometimes it takes several tries to find one that isn't awakened. Because of that it would be really nice to have a feature that highlights awakened familiars, possibly just a small colored outline around their icon.
As of right now, bonding takes an extremely long time and gives few rewards. To awaken a familiar, you come back for 89 days, and must go through the process of click bond -> click okay -> click next dragon -> Rinse and reapeat (possibly 200 times) What do you get for all of this? Awakening a familiar will give you 3kt and the occasional chest over a span of almost 90 days. It just doesn't feel like an acheivement to do all that work when it really should. and I have a few suggestions to make things a bit easier and more worthwhile.

1.) Awakened familiars stay in the bestiary

This would encourage people to sell familiars they no longer want. More retired familiars would be put into circulation because people won't have to keep them for the sake of keeping the bestiary entry.

2.) Arrow key controls

By using arrow keys, you could swap between dragons. This would help people with hand problems and minimalize the clicking.

3.) No more "Okay" popup

Instead, a smaller less intrusive box will pop up in the corner, letting you know the amount of treasure that was earned. The box disappears on its own and does not require any clicking

4.) When selecting a familiar, awakened ones are highlighted

Whenever I switch familiars, sometimes it takes several tries to find one that isn't awakened. Because of that it would be really nice to have a feature that highlights awakened familiars, possibly just a small colored outline around their icon.
BhWDcLm.png
I support 1, 2, and 4 here! The pop-up mainly is for showing off the acquired treasure and items. However.

I though 1 was already a thing, so I definitely support that if it isn't!

I completely support 2 due to convenience.

And I support 4 because, especially if 1 isn't active, you may have to go through many, many familiars before finding one that isn't awakened! However, to combat this, you could store them in your vault! c:

Support!
I support 1, 2, and 4 here! The pop-up mainly is for showing off the acquired treasure and items. However.

I though 1 was already a thing, so I definitely support that if it isn't!

I completely support 2 due to convenience.

And I support 4 because, especially if 1 isn't active, you may have to go through many, many familiars before finding one that isn't awakened! However, to combat this, you could store them in your vault! c:

Support!
UZVTEBc.png
For #3, how about a checkbox that when checked doesn't display it after that. So, for those who already know what is being given they can opt out.

Or, as an alternative, have it so that the only popups you get are when you get a chest, other wise you get a notification (that can be x'ed out and goes away when the page is refreshed or navigated away from) telling 'you got X treasure' so the page still reloads, but no longer need a click.

Third alternative is to have it where a user must take one familiar from wary to awakened and after that they can opt out of getting the popups (still refreshes, but one less click)

Otherwise complete support.
For #3, how about a checkbox that when checked doesn't display it after that. So, for those who already know what is being given they can opt out.

Or, as an alternative, have it so that the only popups you get are when you get a chest, other wise you get a notification (that can be x'ed out and goes away when the page is refreshed or navigated away from) telling 'you got X treasure' so the page still reloads, but no longer need a click.

Third alternative is to have it where a user must take one familiar from wary to awakened and after that they can opt out of getting the popups (still refreshes, but one less click)

Otherwise complete support.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
i really support this!

unlike other bonding suggestions, these suggestions do not decrease the overall amount of page reloads.

these features could encourage more people to bond with familiars and open up accessibility to those with carpal tunnel issues, thus leading to more ad revenue to the site (since more bonding = more page reloads)!
i really support this!

unlike other bonding suggestions, these suggestions do not decrease the overall amount of page reloads.

these features could encourage more people to bond with familiars and open up accessibility to those with carpal tunnel issues, thus leading to more ad revenue to the site (since more bonding = more page reloads)!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bleeding Heart Crow she/her.xvi.gemini
i like all of these.

maybe for #3, instead of a popup window, there could be a little treasure and/or chest sprite that pops up briefly after the bond button is clicked? similar to, for example, the coin that pops up in (some? all?) fairgrounds games. still shows you what you got without being too intrusive, and doesn't require the extra click.
i like all of these.

maybe for #3, instead of a popup window, there could be a little treasure and/or chest sprite that pops up briefly after the bond button is clicked? similar to, for example, the coin that pops up in (some? all?) fairgrounds games. still shows you what you got without being too intrusive, and doesn't require the extra click.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Supporting all of the above. Also, it would be cool if awakened familiars in your inventory had some sort of tag on them so you'd know they are awakened.
Supporting all of the above. Also, it would be cool if awakened familiars in your inventory had some sort of tag on them so you'd know they are awakened.
2q1bbjm.png302ngoh.png2ika7f9.png2zg87ib.png
I support all of the above, I've been pretty annoyed with the entire familiar and bestiary system, it seems like it's overdue for an overhaul. The bestiary itself is difficult to use, with disappearing familiars and a plethora of pages.

A temporary solution for awakened familiars though is putting them in your vault, that way they stay in the bestiary and you're not clicking through them to find unawakened familiars.
I support all of the above, I've been pretty annoyed with the entire familiar and bestiary system, it seems like it's overdue for an overhaul. The bestiary itself is difficult to use, with disappearing familiars and a plethora of pages.

A temporary solution for awakened familiars though is putting them in your vault, that way they stay in the bestiary and you're not clicking through them to find unawakened familiars.
nature_gaybling_by_cicide76536-dcilk94.gifbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dc9ud9t.pngYsUBlZc.pngVMZDsVf.gif
I think inklizard's idea about the little sprite is one of the clearest and simplest ways of displaying your newly acquired treasure/chest. All it needs is a tiny animation that drifts up from the bond button when you click it. The text we already have about the familiar's bonding status could be added into a tooltip that shows when you hover over the bonding level bar or the familiar itself.
I think inklizard's idea about the little sprite is one of the clearest and simplest ways of displaying your newly acquired treasure/chest. All it needs is a tiny animation that drifts up from the bond button when you click it. The text we already have about the familiar's bonding status could be added into a tooltip that shows when you hover over the bonding level bar or the familiar itself.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
I love the treasure sprite idea, and for the love of bob get rid of the pop ups. I have a slow as heck computer and all the little pop ups take FoReVer to load.

This would def. simplify the process to make it a bit more attractive to do on a regular basis, at least.
I love the treasure sprite idea, and for the love of bob get rid of the pop ups. I have a slow as heck computer and all the little pop ups take FoReVer to load.

This would def. simplify the process to make it a bit more attractive to do on a regular basis, at least.
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
@Frye Total agreement on #1
Do not agree on 2 and 3.

4 is nice I guess, but I don't think it's necessary if 1 happens. People can just get rid of their awakened familiars then.

So here's the thing about 2 and 3: there's already a way to get coins from familiars quickly.
First, this only uses one dragon. Go to your dragon, open up its page in 2 tabs in your web browser. On the first page, click on the heart by the familiar. Something pops up, telling you the familiar gave you money. Switch to the other tab WITHOUT clicking OK. On that tab, go to the "'change familiars" screen. Click on a familiar. Go to the first tab, with your dragon. NOW click OK. The page will update, with the new familiar. Click on the heart, leave the tab without clicking ok. Go to the familiar tab and pick another familiar. Rinse and repeat. :)
@Frye Total agreement on #1
Do not agree on 2 and 3.

4 is nice I guess, but I don't think it's necessary if 1 happens. People can just get rid of their awakened familiars then.

So here's the thing about 2 and 3: there's already a way to get coins from familiars quickly.
First, this only uses one dragon. Go to your dragon, open up its page in 2 tabs in your web browser. On the first page, click on the heart by the familiar. Something pops up, telling you the familiar gave you money. Switch to the other tab WITHOUT clicking OK. On that tab, go to the "'change familiars" screen. Click on a familiar. Go to the first tab, with your dragon. NOW click OK. The page will update, with the new familiar. Click on the heart, leave the tab without clicking ok. Go to the familiar tab and pick another familiar. Rinse and repeat. :)
tDeKDnH.png
1 2 3