Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Availability of Eliminates?
1 2 3
What it says in the topic.

As it stands right now, Eliminates are a frequent component of Coliseum grinding for most people. I'd even go so far as to call them essential. Every guide calls for it.

But the only place to get them is rare drops in certain venues. So if RNGesus doesn't like you, you're going to be slogging through the coliseum for a long time, or possibly frustrated, because you were loaned dragons to level up your own and some Eliminates haven't dropped for you to use.

Can we have them start stocking in the Marketplace? Baldwin's? Right now, the lowest one available for treasure is stocking at 345,000 treasure. And while I know the Coliseum overhaul is coming, unless there's a fundamental change in how it works, Eliminates will still have some value. But I believe fickle nature of the drop rate leads to a lot of price gouging and abuse and there should be some way to combat that.
What it says in the topic.

As it stands right now, Eliminates are a frequent component of Coliseum grinding for most people. I'd even go so far as to call them essential. Every guide calls for it.

But the only place to get them is rare drops in certain venues. So if RNGesus doesn't like you, you're going to be slogging through the coliseum for a long time, or possibly frustrated, because you were loaned dragons to level up your own and some Eliminates haven't dropped for you to use.

Can we have them start stocking in the Marketplace? Baldwin's? Right now, the lowest one available for treasure is stocking at 345,000 treasure. And while I know the Coliseum overhaul is coming, unless there's a fundamental change in how it works, Eliminates will still have some value. But I believe fickle nature of the drop rate leads to a lot of price gouging and abuse and there should be some way to combat that.
There could well be a fundamental change, so I think it's best to wait.
There could well be a fundamental change, so I think it's best to wait.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Really? The Coliseum overhaul "is coming" and we've got Newbie Week every month which is only forcing the demand for Eliminates higher and higher.

And even if they start over and do a full Coliseum rebuild and redesign entirely, Eliminate is still a massively powerful ability. Unless it's wholly removed, it's extremely likely that there will still be a place for it. And as it stands right now, the demand for Eliminate battle stones allows for incredible amounts of price gouging.
Really? The Coliseum overhaul "is coming" and we've got Newbie Week every month which is only forcing the demand for Eliminates higher and higher.

And even if they start over and do a full Coliseum rebuild and redesign entirely, Eliminate is still a massively powerful ability. Unless it's wholly removed, it's extremely likely that there will still be a place for it. And as it stands right now, the demand for Eliminate battle stones allows for incredible amounts of price gouging.
This is a common question-suggestion, and I still think that the first (and probably the easiest) idea would be for eliminate to be able to be dropped in all venues - right now Mire and Crystal Pools, probably the most often used venues, do not drop it. With so many people spending much of their coli time there, I think that this would decrease the eliminate price significantly. Example - during Light's holiday when everyone went to Arena to grind, the price of eliminate dropped below 300kt since eliminate drops (and seemingly quite often) from Arena's monsters.
This is a common question-suggestion, and I still think that the first (and probably the easiest) idea would be for eliminate to be able to be dropped in all venues - right now Mire and Crystal Pools, probably the most often used venues, do not drop it. With so many people spending much of their coli time there, I think that this would decrease the eliminate price significantly. Example - during Light's holiday when everyone went to Arena to grind, the price of eliminate dropped below 300kt since eliminate drops (and seemingly quite often) from Arena's monsters.
JQQ3Fjt.png
It isn't gouging if people choose to spend their time grinding a repetitive game for a rare item and then sell it at the going rate.

If anything, the admins could stand to slightly increase the drop rates. Making it really easily available for low sums from other avenues could have an adverse effect on the value of treasure AND the stone could wind up less useful in the new coliseum anyway.

So unless the brew will provide a dramatic treasure sink and high level requirement, or the MP will have it available, rarely, for 400kt or somesuch, it should probably be left as is until we know what's happening.
It isn't gouging if people choose to spend their time grinding a repetitive game for a rare item and then sell it at the going rate.

If anything, the admins could stand to slightly increase the drop rates. Making it really easily available for low sums from other avenues could have an adverse effect on the value of treasure AND the stone could wind up less useful in the new coliseum anyway.

So unless the brew will provide a dramatic treasure sink and high level requirement, or the MP will have it available, rarely, for 400kt or somesuch, it should probably be left as is until we know what's happening.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
OK, someone mind citing the "the admins are going to nerf Elim" thing? Because I see it on every thread on this subject but I've yet to see a source and I think the admins know that if they nerf Elim, the number of dragons exalted on this site will plummet because mass exalters are less efficient. The cost of fodder will drop, Dom will stagnate, I really don't see any good coming out of this unless something equally quick and powerful comes in to take its place. Or to phrase it another way, the Coli is supposed to be a grind but there's a limit to how much grindiness we can tolerate.

But that's off topic. I do agree that it should drop in all venues, especially the Mire. After that, the admins should quietly observe the AH prices and raise or lower the drop rate until the price gets to a fair-but-stable point. I personally put that point at about 3 days of fairgrounds, or 200-250kt but I'm sure some folks disagree with me.

More elims in the system means more dragons exalted and more people to whom Dom is accessible if they choose to participate. I'm hopeful that this means we're not always seeing the Big Three occupying the top spaces week after week.
OK, someone mind citing the "the admins are going to nerf Elim" thing? Because I see it on every thread on this subject but I've yet to see a source and I think the admins know that if they nerf Elim, the number of dragons exalted on this site will plummet because mass exalters are less efficient. The cost of fodder will drop, Dom will stagnate, I really don't see any good coming out of this unless something equally quick and powerful comes in to take its place. Or to phrase it another way, the Coli is supposed to be a grind but there's a limit to how much grindiness we can tolerate.

But that's off topic. I do agree that it should drop in all venues, especially the Mire. After that, the admins should quietly observe the AH prices and raise or lower the drop rate until the price gets to a fair-but-stable point. I personally put that point at about 3 days of fairgrounds, or 200-250kt but I'm sure some folks disagree with me.

More elims in the system means more dragons exalted and more people to whom Dom is accessible if they choose to participate. I'm hopeful that this means we're not always seeing the Big Three occupying the top spaces week after week.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara

I think the 'Admins are going to Nerf Elim' is more from the idea that AGI is going to be a more important stat in the new coli, but the dragons will still have a maximum number of skill points. So, the skill points going into AGI have to come from somewhere, and since STR tends to get the most, with most others getting the bare minimum needed, it is most logical that STR will be lowered for a new build.

This in turn means that alternate strategies might be needed as it might not longer be feasible to have 126? (been so long since I statted a dragon... I can't remember the number I have on my dragons... will need to look) STR, which means it takes longer to defeat an enemy (can't one or two hit most of them) So the most viable build with AGI might no longer be an eliminate build. (it seems likely that it will be, but you never know).

I also think part of it is the hope that the Admins, while they are tinkering with the Coli, will take into consideration some of the suggestions floating around, which, while not necessarily touching elim, would make other strategies more viable, meaning that players wouldn't need elim.

I also agree with you about having the Admins let it drop in all venues, then watch the AH prices. Furvilla has an Admin that did this for their recent combat update. They wanted certain items to be certain prices so they kept an eye on the AH and increased the drop rates until that happened (they wanted the particular item to be fairly cheap)
@Ridara

I think the 'Admins are going to Nerf Elim' is more from the idea that AGI is going to be a more important stat in the new coli, but the dragons will still have a maximum number of skill points. So, the skill points going into AGI have to come from somewhere, and since STR tends to get the most, with most others getting the bare minimum needed, it is most logical that STR will be lowered for a new build.

This in turn means that alternate strategies might be needed as it might not longer be feasible to have 126? (been so long since I statted a dragon... I can't remember the number I have on my dragons... will need to look) STR, which means it takes longer to defeat an enemy (can't one or two hit most of them) So the most viable build with AGI might no longer be an eliminate build. (it seems likely that it will be, but you never know).

I also think part of it is the hope that the Admins, while they are tinkering with the Coli, will take into consideration some of the suggestions floating around, which, while not necessarily touching elim, would make other strategies more viable, meaning that players wouldn't need elim.

I also agree with you about having the Admins let it drop in all venues, then watch the AH prices. Furvilla has an Admin that did this for their recent combat update. They wanted certain items to be certain prices so they kept an eye on the AH and increased the drop rates until that happened (they wanted the particular item to be fairly cheap)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar OK so it's not Elim itself that's getting nerfed. Sorry, I misunderstood.

And yeah, I think you were the one who mentioned the FV thing in a previous thread, which is where I got the idea? Sorry, it's 7AM and I can't cite my sources. :D
@Jemadar OK so it's not Elim itself that's getting nerfed. Sorry, I misunderstood.

And yeah, I think you were the one who mentioned the FV thing in a previous thread, which is where I got the idea? Sorry, it's 7AM and I can't cite my sources. :D
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara

Some people do think that Elim itself might be nerfed, but I don't think I have seen any place where the Admins have said that they are going to do it.

I think it is going to be more like I described above: it might just be that some other build becomes more viable, especially in certain venues.

Probably, I know I mentioned it before, because I really like that system, but no worries :D It was 6AM for me :D (it is now 7:30 for me) so I know how it feels (especially since my kittens decided 3:30 was a great time to get up... :/)
@Ridara

Some people do think that Elim itself might be nerfed, but I don't think I have seen any place where the Admins have said that they are going to do it.

I think it is going to be more like I described above: it might just be that some other build becomes more viable, especially in certain venues.

Probably, I know I mentioned it before, because I really like that system, but no worries :D It was 6AM for me :D (it is now 7:30 for me) so I know how it feels (especially since my kittens decided 3:30 was a great time to get up... :/)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Agreeing with the other posters that having it drop in all venues will significantly help the prices not continue to raise. Especially if it drops in the Mire.

And, Ridara, the insistence of some people that the Coli update is going to somehow render Elim useless is...quite confusing to me, as well, because as far as I can tell the ONLY thing they're going to change is that Agility can now counter dodges as well as making them more likely to happen. People are always going to min-max their dragon's stats for whatever will make grinding the fastest. There's no way around that. So rather than trying to get people not to min-max (which again, not only are people always going to do so but fodder prices are going to PLUMMET if there's no longer as fast a way to train dragons) what I think a lot of people want is to have OTHER viable builds. Which means, other ways to grind the coli that are just as fast as the current strategy with Eliminate. Because speed is the key.

But that's my 2 cents on it.

Besides, I agree that we have no idea when the Coli update will even be out. The admins have even said they'll give us a warning when it's going to come out before it does, since it's a change to such a major part of the site. Meaning if they haven't said anything, it's at LEAST a month away, likely more. So it makes sense to fix the problem in the meantime in at least a bandaid way, as there will be several more festivals before the update happens.
Agreeing with the other posters that having it drop in all venues will significantly help the prices not continue to raise. Especially if it drops in the Mire.

And, Ridara, the insistence of some people that the Coli update is going to somehow render Elim useless is...quite confusing to me, as well, because as far as I can tell the ONLY thing they're going to change is that Agility can now counter dodges as well as making them more likely to happen. People are always going to min-max their dragon's stats for whatever will make grinding the fastest. There's no way around that. So rather than trying to get people not to min-max (which again, not only are people always going to do so but fodder prices are going to PLUMMET if there's no longer as fast a way to train dragons) what I think a lot of people want is to have OTHER viable builds. Which means, other ways to grind the coli that are just as fast as the current strategy with Eliminate. Because speed is the key.

But that's my 2 cents on it.

Besides, I agree that we have no idea when the Coli update will even be out. The admins have even said they'll give us a warning when it's going to come out before it does, since it's a change to such a major part of the site. Meaning if they haven't said anything, it's at LEAST a month away, likely more. So it makes sense to fix the problem in the meantime in at least a bandaid way, as there will be several more festivals before the update happens.
1 2 3