Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | fix jaguar colors before its too late
1 2
I don't think this is possible, and I kinda like them the way they are, what if someone whats a color similar to peacock but through breeding they get peacock. Instead of getting the nice blue they wanted, they would get a jumble of different colors. Accents, however, are a great idea.
I don't think this is possible, and I kinda like them the way they are, what if someone whats a color similar to peacock but through breeding they get peacock. Instead of getting the nice blue they wanted, they would get a jumble of different colors. Accents, however, are a great idea.
A little too obsessed with this game...
Maybe we'll get a tert that looks like the plumes on peacocks? Oh god that would be so pretty...
Maybe we'll get a tert that looks like the plumes on peacocks? Oh god that would be so pretty...
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-07-17 13:11:23] The Thing about Saturn and Jupiter is that I believe those were a 'mistake' Only one dragon has the 'correct' version and so they changed the others to fit that. (this is what I remember, I could be wrong) [/quote] That's what happened. The female mirrors were the only ones that looked as they do now (and even now they still seem a bit more "... properly clouded" than the other breeds). The other breeds only had thick ropes on them with none of the fine shading as on the female mirrors. People were angry that the genes were changed, but the genes weren't consistent so they needed to be changed. But let's be totally fair, people who wanted the gene fixed had no problem with the original pattern, it just didn't fit the names, but there were lots of suggestions for recalling them Vines or something and keeping it as another gene (and in a true case of people just refusing to be happy, a third group showed up to poo-poo the idea of splitting the gene to please both old and new parties by saying they were "too similar" and would "cause confusion with Ripple in the AH" *hangs head*) . The admins decided to change it all anyway, so here we are. But please remember that compromise was on the table from the start, and that the original problem was that the female mirrors were overdone and the rest of the breeds/genders looked like they were in first draft stage of getting the gene drawn when it was released by comparison. Unfortunately there's only a few images left in the original announcement thread because people were pulling them off of the scryer, so when the updates happened they changed all those previous images automatically. But I did happen to grab a couple of the old versions. [center] Before (this one is bigger if you open it in a new tab) & After the fix: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/2a3202cd1104875a982e658115ce991a.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=0&tert=94&tertgene=10&winggene=15&wings=94&auth=a68b954353efb72882e731935057076dc2283a9a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/29d61293bcb51a2a6f01ed18c9108a9d.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=15&wings=74&auth=da044481b1357503c24691a368fb929461f1d4c6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/974661e34992a2b1aaba6c8c37dbd0e2.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=15&wings=140&auth=d83b1103e20f3e36fea93b0404d57b31cce3086a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/center]
Jemadar wrote on 2017-07-17:
The Thing about Saturn and Jupiter is that I believe those were a 'mistake' Only one dragon has the 'correct' version and so they changed the others to fit that. (this is what I remember, I could be wrong)

That's what happened. The female mirrors were the only ones that looked as they do now (and even now they still seem a bit more "... properly clouded" than the other breeds). The other breeds only had thick ropes on them with none of the fine shading as on the female mirrors.

People were angry that the genes were changed, but the genes weren't consistent so they needed to be changed. But let's be totally fair, people who wanted the gene fixed had no problem with the original pattern, it just didn't fit the names, but there were lots of suggestions for recalling them Vines or something and keeping it as another gene (and in a true case of people just refusing to be happy, a third group showed up to poo-poo the idea of splitting the gene to please both old and new parties by saying they were "too similar" and would "cause confusion with Ripple in the AH" *hangs head*) . The admins decided to change it all anyway, so here we are.

But please remember that compromise was on the table from the start, and that the original problem was that the female mirrors were overdone and the rest of the breeds/genders looked like they were in first draft stage of getting the gene drawn when it was released by comparison.

Unfortunately there's only a few images left in the original announcement thread because people were pulling them off of the scryer, so when the updates happened they changed all those previous images automatically.

But I did happen to grab a couple of the old versions.

Before (this one is bigger if you open it in a new tab) & After the fix:
2a3202cd1104875a982e658115ce991a.png
dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=0&tert=94&tertgene=10&winggene=15&wings=94&auth=a68b954353efb72882e731935057076dc2283a9a&dummyext=prev.png
29d61293bcb51a2a6f01ed18c9108a9d.png
dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=15&wings=74&auth=da044481b1357503c24691a368fb929461f1d4c6&dummyext=prev.png
974661e34992a2b1aaba6c8c37dbd0e2.png
dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=2&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=15&wings=140&auth=d83b1103e20f3e36fea93b0404d57b31cce3086a&dummyext=prev.png

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Thanks @Amut

That is what I thought happened. I was just pointing it out because many, MANY people are citing them changing Jup/Sat as a reason why they should change Jag/Ros. However, they didn't change Jup/Sat because users wanted them changed, but rather that they felt that the ones they changed were a mistake so they corrected it.

As far as I can tell, they created Jag/Ros to look like this, so it isn't a mistake that needs to be corrected (and as much as I might like a mistake, I do agree they need to be corrected, though I don't mind compromises either).

All in all, I don't really like the gene, though I did find some dragons it might look good on (one or the other, not both), but I still don't think it should be changed unless it contains a mistake.

I also agree with you, no matter what happens there will always be people who are unhappy (not always the same people, which is something that REALLY irritates me on some forums, where someone inevitably comes in and says 'you wanted change, now you have it and you still aren't happy' as if the people calling for change are the same people who are complaining after the change....)

I am not really sure there is a good compromise other than the potential of a filter or a way to 'block' genes, for this type of situation. Every gene that comes out has detractors, but they also have people who actually like them, and it isn't really fair to the people who like them and bought the genes to 'fix' them when there really wasn't anything to fix.

I do think it would be great to have a gene that just randomly takes colors and uses them. I don't mean poi/tox type color scheme but like a blue range color would use reds, greens, whites, yellows etc.. any color BUT blue and colors close to blue. It also wouldn't be just one color but say 2 or 3 different color (think a multicolor polkadot pattern, where the background is white, but the dots are all different colors).

it would mean that every color would be VERY colorful. and could potentially make for some interesting dragons.
Thanks @Amut

That is what I thought happened. I was just pointing it out because many, MANY people are citing them changing Jup/Sat as a reason why they should change Jag/Ros. However, they didn't change Jup/Sat because users wanted them changed, but rather that they felt that the ones they changed were a mistake so they corrected it.

As far as I can tell, they created Jag/Ros to look like this, so it isn't a mistake that needs to be corrected (and as much as I might like a mistake, I do agree they need to be corrected, though I don't mind compromises either).

All in all, I don't really like the gene, though I did find some dragons it might look good on (one or the other, not both), but I still don't think it should be changed unless it contains a mistake.

I also agree with you, no matter what happens there will always be people who are unhappy (not always the same people, which is something that REALLY irritates me on some forums, where someone inevitably comes in and says 'you wanted change, now you have it and you still aren't happy' as if the people calling for change are the same people who are complaining after the change....)

I am not really sure there is a good compromise other than the potential of a filter or a way to 'block' genes, for this type of situation. Every gene that comes out has detractors, but they also have people who actually like them, and it isn't really fair to the people who like them and bought the genes to 'fix' them when there really wasn't anything to fix.

I do think it would be great to have a gene that just randomly takes colors and uses them. I don't mean poi/tox type color scheme but like a blue range color would use reds, greens, whites, yellows etc.. any color BUT blue and colors close to blue. It also wouldn't be just one color but say 2 or 3 different color (think a multicolor polkadot pattern, where the background is white, but the dots are all different colors).

it would mean that every color would be VERY colorful. and could potentially make for some interesting dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2