Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Remove Penny Jar trade from Pipp/Tripp

I'm talking about the 9x Broken Bottle trade for 1x Broken Penny Jar. It's always a loss with Pipp/Tripp. Swipp is fine, granted it's a small profit, but it's something.
Let's be honest, no one ever trades them unless it's Swipp offering the trade. So instead of clogging up a trade option no one will ever use, why not remove the trade entirely from Pipp/Tripp's option pool? As I see it, this frees up space for some other trade that's more likely to be used.

I'm talking about the 9x Broken Bottle trade for 1x Broken Penny Jar. It's always a loss with Pipp/Tripp. Swipp is fine, granted it's a small profit, but it's something.
Let's be honest, no one ever trades them unless it's Swipp offering the trade. So instead of clogging up a trade option no one will ever use, why not remove the trade entirely from Pipp/Tripp's option pool? As I see it, this frees up space for some other trade that's more likely to be used.
694f3ab0-79cc-11e7-b15a-a7fd51c27156.giftt5ZtBD.gif * Seijuurou
* FR time +16!
They don't have separate pools, they all draw randomly from one pool.
So to implement this they would need to create separate pools for all of them and just remove the bottles for pipp and tripp.

IMO, just don't do the trade if you find it's a waste, this is a lot of extra effort to do exactly that.
In fact, it's actually more profitable to sell the bottles on the AH- Swipp is just the lazy way to make profit.
If my math is correct, it's actually also more profitable to just hoardsell them (but only by a little bit)
They don't have separate pools, they all draw randomly from one pool.
So to implement this they would need to create separate pools for all of them and just remove the bottles for pipp and tripp.

IMO, just don't do the trade if you find it's a waste, this is a lot of extra effort to do exactly that.
In fact, it's actually more profitable to sell the bottles on the AH- Swipp is just the lazy way to make profit.
If my math is correct, it's actually also more profitable to just hoardsell them (but only by a little bit)
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
With the was the swipp trades are set up that would require a more complicated code than is allready in the works.

Right now the trade is in the common pool all 3 share. So it CAN occur on any of them. If we were going to only make swipp offer it there would have to be 3 pools. This offers 2 problems depending on how these are done.
a) all pools are the same besides the broken bottle trade to make sure that the trades have more or less all the same likelyhood of appearing independently on who offers the trade. Problem: The same trade can occur on multiple handlers as swipp can draw the same trade out of the pool as both his daughters. In this case one or multiple slots will be 'wasted' (something people complain about lots during NotN)

b) all pools differ. So for example swipp only does apparel, pip only familiars, tripp all thats left. Now they don't all appear at the same time (we can have only swipp or only him and one daughter) additionally some categories are much bigger than others and even with mixed category pools (which are bound to cause adding errors over time - humans are liable to mix up lists) the chance for each trade is heavily bound to which handler it is registered with. People will complain about their favorite trade not appearing as often as it used to because of the pools having different chances of drawing trades.

The only solution to make this possible is having a) no trade of this at all (which I'm against. The bottles barely sell over the AH in my experience) or b) having the site check and redraw trades that occur multiple times.

I'm not sure this recoding would be worth it if we as the players could just do the simple thing and use our brains once in a while and not click on any button that jumps in our face. After I made that error once I always check. Since I came out of my 'I'm just playing stupor' I never made an error selling stuf or made false listings in the AH.
With the was the swipp trades are set up that would require a more complicated code than is allready in the works.

Right now the trade is in the common pool all 3 share. So it CAN occur on any of them. If we were going to only make swipp offer it there would have to be 3 pools. This offers 2 problems depending on how these are done.
a) all pools are the same besides the broken bottle trade to make sure that the trades have more or less all the same likelyhood of appearing independently on who offers the trade. Problem: The same trade can occur on multiple handlers as swipp can draw the same trade out of the pool as both his daughters. In this case one or multiple slots will be 'wasted' (something people complain about lots during NotN)

b) all pools differ. So for example swipp only does apparel, pip only familiars, tripp all thats left. Now they don't all appear at the same time (we can have only swipp or only him and one daughter) additionally some categories are much bigger than others and even with mixed category pools (which are bound to cause adding errors over time - humans are liable to mix up lists) the chance for each trade is heavily bound to which handler it is registered with. People will complain about their favorite trade not appearing as often as it used to because of the pools having different chances of drawing trades.

The only solution to make this possible is having a) no trade of this at all (which I'm against. The bottles barely sell over the AH in my experience) or b) having the site check and redraw trades that occur multiple times.

I'm not sure this recoding would be worth it if we as the players could just do the simple thing and use our brains once in a while and not click on any button that jumps in our face. After I made that error once I always check. Since I came out of my 'I'm just playing stupor' I never made an error selling stuf or made false listings in the AH.
Support. They're taking up a slot that could be used for trades that are actually valuable. I wouldn't even care if the penny jar trade was eliminated entirely.
Support. They're taking up a slot that could be used for trades that are actually valuable. I wouldn't even care if the penny jar trade was eliminated entirely.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
No support. The way Pipp and Tripp are set up right now doesn't allow for separate pools, and it's really not worth it to set up separate pools for them just to pull this trade out. I can't think of any trades I'd rather were exclusively Pipp/Tripp.
No support. The way Pipp and Tripp are set up right now doesn't allow for separate pools, and it's really not worth it to set up separate pools for them just to pull this trade out. I can't think of any trades I'd rather were exclusively Pipp/Tripp.
1Zfjqw6.png
[quote name="Ridara" date=2017-05-27 06:23:07]I wouldn't even care if the penny jar trade was eliminated entirely. [/quote] This is my preferred solution. While it is VERY SLIGHTLY more profitable to trade these to Swipp (not his daughters) than to hoardsell the bottles, it's not enough worth it to justify keeping this trade when there are so many other trades with items you can ONLY get from the stand. And more to be added in the future. So, yeah, just remove this trade entirely, please.
Ridara wrote on 2017-05-27:
I wouldn't even care if the penny jar trade was eliminated entirely.

This is my preferred solution. While it is VERY SLIGHTLY more profitable to trade these to Swipp (not his daughters) than to hoardsell the bottles, it's not enough worth it to justify keeping this trade when there are so many other trades with items you can ONLY get from the stand. And more to be added in the future.

So, yeah, just remove this trade entirely, please.
Eh. Sometimes they have garbage trades that aren't the penny jar. It happens. No support on the grounds that it's just too hard to code.
Eh. Sometimes they have garbage trades that aren't the penny jar. It happens. No support on the grounds that it's just too hard to code.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).