Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Multi-Use Scrolls: Lower Unit Cost
1 2
Quite self explanatory.

The unit price of one tertiary gene change from the gem marketplace is 1200g.

If we had triple or quintuple-use scrolls, and took 10-30% off of the compiled price, that might help some breeders or whoever else uses scrolls out?

Example prices for tertiary multi-use scrolls:
Triple Use w/10% unit cost discount: 3240g (1080g per use)
Quintuple Use w/20% unit cost discount: 4800g (960g per use)
Quintuple Use w/30% unit cost discount: 4200g (840g per use)

It would also increase the buying of scrolls, obviously, by those in the community who use them especially. And it may also act as incentive for others who don't typically buy them as well.

These are definitely hard set numbers, honestly I just took them off the top of my head and thought this has the potential to be a good idea, or at least an idea worth discussing.

Thoughts? Feel free to correct my numbers too, I haven't double checked, eheheh.
Quite self explanatory.

The unit price of one tertiary gene change from the gem marketplace is 1200g.

If we had triple or quintuple-use scrolls, and took 10-30% off of the compiled price, that might help some breeders or whoever else uses scrolls out?

Example prices for tertiary multi-use scrolls:
Triple Use w/10% unit cost discount: 3240g (1080g per use)
Quintuple Use w/20% unit cost discount: 4800g (960g per use)
Quintuple Use w/30% unit cost discount: 4200g (840g per use)

It would also increase the buying of scrolls, obviously, by those in the community who use them especially. And it may also act as incentive for others who don't typically buy them as well.

These are definitely hard set numbers, honestly I just took them off the top of my head and thought this has the potential to be a good idea, or at least an idea worth discussing.

Thoughts? Feel free to correct my numbers too, I haven't double checked, eheheh.
e61i6ZN.png
e61i6ZN.png
e61i6ZN.png
e61i6ZN.png
tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png ymLWgxQ.gif tumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
bigender_pixel_flag_by_kalicodeshark-dap4m48.png

heterosexual_heteromantic_pixel_flag_by_kalicodeshark-dap4rkl.png

o30FWNy.png
You aren't meant to scroll every single dragon you have, that's the thing
You aren't meant to scroll every single dragon you have, that's the thing
@Sopheroo I have 5000+ in gems right now though, and hundreds of gilded and iron chests that would add maybe a thousand more to that. Some people also want the scrolls in their hoards as a tool with which they'd preview dragons with apparel.

There's also new genes and breed scrolls that come out from time to time, and genes are a *must* in order to begin circulation and all.

I understand that gening everything isn't how the game's intended to be played, but how much is too much? I know gen one collectors might like this too, and there's really no set correct way to assign gems and treasure to one's clan.
@Sopheroo I have 5000+ in gems right now though, and hundreds of gilded and iron chests that would add maybe a thousand more to that. Some people also want the scrolls in their hoards as a tool with which they'd preview dragons with apparel.

There's also new genes and breed scrolls that come out from time to time, and genes are a *must* in order to begin circulation and all.

I understand that gening everything isn't how the game's intended to be played, but how much is too much? I know gen one collectors might like this too, and there's really no set correct way to assign gems and treasure to one's clan.
e61i6ZN.png
e61i6ZN.png
e61i6ZN.png
e61i6ZN.png
tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png ymLWgxQ.gif tumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
bigender_pixel_flag_by_kalicodeshark-dap4m48.png

heterosexual_heteromantic_pixel_flag_by_kalicodeshark-dap4rkl.png

o30FWNy.png
Quote:

Yeah, but not everyone needs to have 3 or 4 dragons with that breed or gene. As long as a small quantity are in the system, we're set.

Gem genes are premium items, and all of the non-gem genes are already cheap. Same with the non-Imperial, non-gem breed.

If you want gem genes, you must pay a premium. They're the rarest, so they come with a matching price tag.

Imagine how upset everyone who bought these scrolls would be, if the price/way the scrolls worked changed.

You can't really change how real money item work, if past purchasers aren't compensated fairly.

And for treasure genes, that would kill the interest in them if they were multi-use. Instead of sinking nearly 1 000 000 treasure in the economy by buying Runes 5 times, you will only sink a little less than 200 000.

That's not good at all
Quote:

Yeah, but not everyone needs to have 3 or 4 dragons with that breed or gene. As long as a small quantity are in the system, we're set.

Gem genes are premium items, and all of the non-gem genes are already cheap. Same with the non-Imperial, non-gem breed.

If you want gem genes, you must pay a premium. They're the rarest, so they come with a matching price tag.

Imagine how upset everyone who bought these scrolls would be, if the price/way the scrolls worked changed.

You can't really change how real money item work, if past purchasers aren't compensated fairly.

And for treasure genes, that would kill the interest in them if they were multi-use. Instead of sinking nearly 1 000 000 treasure in the economy by buying Runes 5 times, you will only sink a little less than 200 000.

That's not good at all
No support.

Gene and breedchange scrolls are a luxury item. One doen't need them as genes can be passed down to the offspring. So basically as soon as one dragon is gened with a scroll no further scrolls would be necessary because the gene is allready introduced.

Why should we take off a percentage of these scrolls? You allready get cheaper stuff if your flight wins dominance. When we now make gem scrolls cheaper too what is next? Subscribe to a monthly fe and play without AH fee and without lair restrictions? Spend some RL money and get free eggs?

We don't need more free stuff. And if you are storing 5000+ gems in your hoard/vault you can allready buy a lot of genes. I have a lot of gen 1 geneing projects still running and I'm missing about 6-8k in gems as well as more than a million in treasure to complete them. This may take me a while since I have other projects running too but it is far from being unaffordable. I am secure that I will have managed to complete them within the year so its not even that long without me having to rush.
No support.

Gene and breedchange scrolls are a luxury item. One doen't need them as genes can be passed down to the offspring. So basically as soon as one dragon is gened with a scroll no further scrolls would be necessary because the gene is allready introduced.

Why should we take off a percentage of these scrolls? You allready get cheaper stuff if your flight wins dominance. When we now make gem scrolls cheaper too what is next? Subscribe to a monthly fe and play without AH fee and without lair restrictions? Spend some RL money and get free eggs?

We don't need more free stuff. And if you are storing 5000+ gems in your hoard/vault you can allready buy a lot of genes. I have a lot of gen 1 geneing projects still running and I'm missing about 6-8k in gems as well as more than a million in treasure to complete them. This may take me a while since I have other projects running too but it is far from being unaffordable. I am secure that I will have managed to complete them within the year so its not even that long without me having to rush.
I could see where this could be useful for gening a breeding pair, or if you're a g1 collector.
Tentative support under a few conditions:
  1. I would see a need for only two bundles: a 2X (For geneing a breeding pair, or making a matching pair of G1s) and a 5X (For when you rely love a gene and want to put it on so many dragons) 3X and 4X seems bit unnecessary. Plus, if I want to gene three of my g1s with cherub, and my choices are a 2X or a 5X, I might decide to overbuy and save those charges for the future/resell them, making this a larger treasure sink.
  2. Gene bundles would be sold in the treasure bundle section of the marketplace, and would restock randomly - you aren't always guaranteed to find that cherub X5 you're looking for.
  3. Discounts are severely reduced from those examples. You get a 15% discount already when you're in dom, 2%/5% on top of that should be a good way to stock up on the genes you need without completely devaluing them.
  4. New genes are added to the bundle pool a month or so after release to prevent them from devaluing too quickly
  5. Gem genes are exempt (Alternatively, 5 X bundles of gem genes have a flat 10% discount, as most gem bundles have that discount already)

I could see where this could be useful for gening a breeding pair, or if you're a g1 collector.
Tentative support under a few conditions:
  1. I would see a need for only two bundles: a 2X (For geneing a breeding pair, or making a matching pair of G1s) and a 5X (For when you rely love a gene and want to put it on so many dragons) 3X and 4X seems bit unnecessary. Plus, if I want to gene three of my g1s with cherub, and my choices are a 2X or a 5X, I might decide to overbuy and save those charges for the future/resell them, making this a larger treasure sink.
  2. Gene bundles would be sold in the treasure bundle section of the marketplace, and would restock randomly - you aren't always guaranteed to find that cherub X5 you're looking for.
  3. Discounts are severely reduced from those examples. You get a 15% discount already when you're in dom, 2%/5% on top of that should be a good way to stock up on the genes you need without completely devaluing them.
  4. New genes are added to the bundle pool a month or so after release to prevent them from devaluing too quickly
  5. Gem genes are exempt (Alternatively, 5 X bundles of gem genes have a flat 10% discount, as most gem bundles have that discount already)

Maybe simply discounted bundles for genes would be more useful? Coding a multi-use scroll may be a hassle, and is there an expire date on the use? can it be resold? etc A bundle would work better as it's easier to use. Not a huge discount though, 10-15% for a stack of 5 (like with apparel bundles) Can be account-bound to prevent reselling, too.
Maybe simply discounted bundles for genes would be more useful? Coding a multi-use scroll may be a hassle, and is there an expire date on the use? can it be resold? etc A bundle would work better as it's easier to use. Not a huge discount though, 10-15% for a stack of 5 (like with apparel bundles) Can be account-bound to prevent reselling, too.
No support. Genes are intended to be expensive. I have a friend who can explain this a lot better, but having treasure sinks is important to keep an online economy from inflating to the point of being out of hand. Let the sinks sink.
No support. Genes are intended to be expensive. I have a friend who can explain this a lot better, but having treasure sinks is important to keep an online economy from inflating to the point of being out of hand. Let the sinks sink.
1Zfjqw6.png
Only support if this is for Gem genes and not Treasure. But by the sound of the OP, they don't mention Treasure anywhere in the first post. So this seems to be strictly a Gem gene suggestion. And I can see some small logic behind it... The Gem marketplace already sells bundles of Gem apparel at a slight discount (a savings of about 10-15%) so I think the OP is trying to say "Why not apply that same bundle and discount logic to Gem genes?"

I would support this idea if it's strictly for Gem genes only. My reason being that not everyone on this site is made of dragoncash, and this would make things a little less painful for folks who average 1 Gem per day (the Gem from the daily bonus) and are trying to save up for several copies of Opal or Metallic or Butterfly.
Only support if this is for Gem genes and not Treasure. But by the sound of the OP, they don't mention Treasure anywhere in the first post. So this seems to be strictly a Gem gene suggestion. And I can see some small logic behind it... The Gem marketplace already sells bundles of Gem apparel at a slight discount (a savings of about 10-15%) so I think the OP is trying to say "Why not apply that same bundle and discount logic to Gem genes?"

I would support this idea if it's strictly for Gem genes only. My reason being that not everyone on this site is made of dragoncash, and this would make things a little less painful for folks who average 1 Gem per day (the Gem from the daily bonus) and are trying to save up for several copies of Opal or Metallic or Butterfly.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
Support, we already have this with skin blueprints, so why not?
Support, we already have this with skin blueprints, so why not?
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
1 2