Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | random dragon encounters in coli
1 2
Tossing out an idea I had

It would be really cool if you could meet randomized g.1's in the coli !!
They'd be like what you could hatch from an Unhatched Egg

And if you beat them they go home with you !!
Tossing out an idea I had

It would be really cool if you could meet randomized g.1's in the coli !!
They'd be like what you could hatch from an Unhatched Egg

And if you beat them they go home with you !!
Sam | He/Him | Artist
Find me on deviantart at RatDogGod!
ImLwTCX.png
hail the voidwaker
No support.
Reasons:
•Not everyone wants G1s
•Many people don't have room for G1s
•Would make G1s FAR more common than they already are (they aren't supposed to be common.)
•Would be very easy to farm for decently colored G1s, effectively crashing the G1 market
•Would create more things for the servers to keep up with
•This seems morally wrong, defeating an orphan dragon and dragging it home with you? (Think about it, if someone beat you up, I don't think you'd be inclined to join them. Also, remember that dragons are the people of this world.)
•What would the dragons drop?
•What would their "get" icon look like? (If they appeared in your loot box)
•Would create yet another way to get dragons on the site- it's already extremely overpopulated as it is.
•Could easily crash the egg market, why pay 200k for a random G1 (egg) when you can just farm the coli for one you know will look good for free?
•Would give coli grinders a bigger advantage than they already have (get G1, train, exalt for lots of treasure, repeat)
•How old would the dragons be? If their age is determined by when you get them it wouldn't make sense, since they'd only be a few minutes old by the time you get to their profile.

There are probably a few things I'm forgetting- I'll edit them in later as I remember them.
No support.
Reasons:
•Not everyone wants G1s
•Many people don't have room for G1s
•Would make G1s FAR more common than they already are (they aren't supposed to be common.)
•Would be very easy to farm for decently colored G1s, effectively crashing the G1 market
•Would create more things for the servers to keep up with
•This seems morally wrong, defeating an orphan dragon and dragging it home with you? (Think about it, if someone beat you up, I don't think you'd be inclined to join them. Also, remember that dragons are the people of this world.)
•What would the dragons drop?
•What would their "get" icon look like? (If they appeared in your loot box)
•Would create yet another way to get dragons on the site- it's already extremely overpopulated as it is.
•Could easily crash the egg market, why pay 200k for a random G1 (egg) when you can just farm the coli for one you know will look good for free?
•Would give coli grinders a bigger advantage than they already have (get G1, train, exalt for lots of treasure, repeat)
•How old would the dragons be? If their age is determined by when you get them it wouldn't make sense, since they'd only be a few minutes old by the time you get to their profile.

There are probably a few things I'm forgetting- I'll edit them in later as I remember them.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I could only see this being valid if the dragons were as rare as Bosses, and their drops/gets were unhatched eggs rather than the dragon itself. An egg would prevent farming for certain colors as the colors would be re-rolled upon hatching. The only thing consistent would be the element. (ex. Beat an ice tundra or ice bogsneak, get an unhatched ice egg or bog egg that is guaranteed to be ice element)
I could only see this being valid if the dragons were as rare as Bosses, and their drops/gets were unhatched eggs rather than the dragon itself. An egg would prevent farming for certain colors as the colors would be re-rolled upon hatching. The only thing consistent would be the element. (ex. Beat an ice tundra or ice bogsneak, get an unhatched ice egg or bog egg that is guaranteed to be ice element)
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-05-26 19:28:15] I could only see this being valid if the dragons were as rare as Bosses, and their drops/gets were unhatched eggs rather than the dragon itself. An egg would prevent farming for certain colors as the colors would be re-rolled upon hatching. The only thing consistent would be the element. (ex. Beat an ice tundra or ice bogsneak, get an unhatched ice egg or bog egg that is guaranteed to be ice element) [/quote] While I am on the fence about this suggestion, what HondaYori proposes could potentially work and be interesting.
HondaYori wrote on 2017-05-26:

While I am on the fence about this suggestion, what HondaYori proposes could potentially work and be interesting.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support

Reasons:
  • Too large influx on dragons. Will devalue both eggs and good G1s.
  • Potentially problematic if you can get G1 imperials that way.
  • Ethically wrong in several aspects (see Shinyumbreon's post)

EDIT: Solution follows in separate post.
No support

Reasons:
  • Too large influx on dragons. Will devalue both eggs and good G1s.
  • Potentially problematic if you can get G1 imperials that way.
  • Ethically wrong in several aspects (see Shinyumbreon's post)

EDIT: Solution follows in separate post.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
We allready have this. You get eggs from the coli. They contain a completely randomized gen one for you to love, plan genes and then exalt at seeing the cost of the project ;)
We allready have this. You get eggs from the coli. They contain a completely randomized gen one for you to love, plan genes and then exalt at seeing the cost of the project ;)
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-05-26 19:28:15] I could only see this being valid if the dragons were as rare as Bosses, and their drops/gets were unhatched eggs rather than the dragon itself. An egg would prevent farming for certain colors as the colors would be re-rolled upon hatching. The only thing consistent would be the element. (ex. Beat an ice tundra or ice bogsneak, get an unhatched ice egg or bog egg that is guaranteed to be ice element) [/quote] Bosses aren't rare at all if you train to exalt on a regular basis. This might work only if the egg drops are as rare as the boss [i]familiars[/i], but then I don't really see the point in adding dragons at all. We have the regular egg drops already.
HondaYori wrote on 2017-05-26:

Bosses aren't rare at all if you train to exalt on a regular basis. This might work only if the egg drops are as rare as the boss familiars, but then I don't really see the point in adding dragons at all. We have the regular egg drops already.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
I'd support something like this to spice up the Coli.

All coli enemies are supposed to be shade-touched, so as I see it, we'd be freeing a dragon from shade control and inviting it into our clan. I really like that idea, it has lots of lore potential!

Gen 1s are already available from the Coli as Unhatched Eggs. Just make these encounters the same rarity as (or rarer than) finding an Egg, and I don't see a problem with crashing the Gen 1 market. (Let's be honest, the Gen 1 market has been thoroughly crashed already, now that we can brew our own eggs at Baldwin's)
I'd support something like this to spice up the Coli.

All coli enemies are supposed to be shade-touched, so as I see it, we'd be freeing a dragon from shade control and inviting it into our clan. I really like that idea, it has lots of lore potential!

Gen 1s are already available from the Coli as Unhatched Eggs. Just make these encounters the same rarity as (or rarer than) finding an Egg, and I don't see a problem with crashing the Gen 1 market. (Let's be honest, the Gen 1 market has been thoroughly crashed already, now that we can brew our own eggs at Baldwin's)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
No support - you already get eggs in the Coli and adding more dragons as drops would be continuing to add more dragons to an already saturated market. Coli needs spicing up but this isn't the way to do it, imo.
No support - you already get eggs in the Coli and adding more dragons as drops would be continuing to add more dragons to an already saturated market. Coli needs spicing up but this isn't the way to do it, imo.
1Zfjqw6.png
It would have to be an egg drop, like Jem and Honda pointed out. What if it's a huge dom push and my lair is full of fodder I'm training--and then along comes that ideal Gen 1 who wants to come home with me, but I have no room in my lair for it? That would suck. At least with an egg drop, I can hang on to it until I do have room.

But I'm still not sure I support this because beating up other dragons seems more for PvP Coli, not PvE.
It would have to be an egg drop, like Jem and Honda pointed out. What if it's a huge dom push and my lair is full of fodder I'm training--and then along comes that ideal Gen 1 who wants to come home with me, but I have no room in my lair for it? That would suck. At least with an egg drop, I can hang on to it until I do have room.

But I'm still not sure I support this because beating up other dragons seems more for PvP Coli, not PvE.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2