Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Idea for Familiar Bonding!
1 2 3
@ CivEvelynBird
I am totally in favour of them running the numbers, and if it doesn't help much then removing it!

(Personally, it takes ~7 minutes to bond with over 100 familiars so it's totally worth it to me, and most people I know also bond with all the familiars on their dragons!)
@ CivEvelynBird
I am totally in favour of them running the numbers, and if it doesn't help much then removing it!

(Personally, it takes ~7 minutes to bond with over 100 familiars so it's totally worth it to me, and most people I know also bond with all the familiars on their dragons!)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@vendrus

Man how do you bond with over 100, it takes me literally forever. Do you have like...a tutorial you can point me to?

Streamlining the process a bit I think would still help a lot of ppl yk?
@vendrus

Man how do you bond with over 100, it takes me literally forever. Do you have like...a tutorial you can point me to?

Streamlining the process a bit I think would still help a lot of ppl yk?
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
@ravensdiscontent
There's a guide somewhere on the forum but it boils down to this:

- Go to dragon lair, use scroll-wheel-click to open up the first dragon page in a new tab
- Zoom out until you can click on the heart without scrolling
- Go back to dragon lair page
- Use scroll wheel click to open up all the dragons on the lair page
- Click on heart, press ctrl-w to close the tab, repeat
- Repeat for all lair pages
@ravensdiscontent
There's a guide somewhere on the forum but it boils down to this:

- Go to dragon lair, use scroll-wheel-click to open up the first dragon page in a new tab
- Zoom out until you can click on the heart without scrolling
- Go back to dragon lair page
- Use scroll wheel click to open up all the dragons on the lair page
- Click on heart, press ctrl-w to close the tab, repeat
- Repeat for all lair pages
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@ravensdiscontent The current way is to open up all the dragons from the lair page, and as soon as you bond, instead of hitting "okay" you just ctrl-w out of the page, which will bring you to the next dragon's page.

For the extras, you pull up two windows, zoom out a little if your monitor is small.

The method for the extras is a little harder to explain, but basically you have two windows open. You bond with your familiar, and the window pops up. So then you switch the familiar in the other tab, and then you hit "okay" and when the page refreshes it brings you to the new familiar. rinse and repeat. It also helps to put the awakened ones in the vault, since there's no endgame from them.

So OP's way will change the way we deal with extras but I don't care
@ravensdiscontent The current way is to open up all the dragons from the lair page, and as soon as you bond, instead of hitting "okay" you just ctrl-w out of the page, which will bring you to the next dragon's page.

For the extras, you pull up two windows, zoom out a little if your monitor is small.

The method for the extras is a little harder to explain, but basically you have two windows open. You bond with your familiar, and the window pops up. So then you switch the familiar in the other tab, and then you hit "okay" and when the page refreshes it brings you to the new familiar. rinse and repeat. It also helps to put the awakened ones in the vault, since there's no endgame from them.

So OP's way will change the way we deal with extras but I don't care
tumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o2_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o6_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o5_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o4_75sq.png
Ah yes, that is the method I use, but there's a problem: My computer is a pos. If I pull up more than five familiars at a time, the bloody thing freezes up. Thus I campaign for a method that wont' put so much stress on my computer that it refuses to process.

It's why I keep beating on the point of accessibility, not everyone has time, not everyone has fabulous computers. So finding a less time consuming and less computer-crashing method that allows everyone to reap benefits equally would be fabulous, you know?

@vaxl, @vendrus

edit: I meant to say dragons, five dragons. Ugh I'm tired.

Additionally the double window method of familiar bonding /still takes forever/ because It still reloads for a century.
Ah yes, that is the method I use, but there's a problem: My computer is a pos. If I pull up more than five familiars at a time, the bloody thing freezes up. Thus I campaign for a method that wont' put so much stress on my computer that it refuses to process.

It's why I keep beating on the point of accessibility, not everyone has time, not everyone has fabulous computers. So finding a less time consuming and less computer-crashing method that allows everyone to reap benefits equally would be fabulous, you know?

@vaxl, @vendrus

edit: I meant to say dragons, five dragons. Ugh I'm tired.

Additionally the double window method of familiar bonding /still takes forever/ because It still reloads for a century.
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
I'd still be in favor of something more streamlined, but I do think this is a move in the right direction. If you have bad internet, that extra reload each time is painful so it would be very nice to get rid of it!
I'd still be in favor of something more streamlined, but I do think this is a move in the right direction. If you have bad internet, that extra reload each time is painful so it would be very nice to get rid of it!
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
@Vendrus

I am very envious of the fact that it takes you 7 minutes to do 100 familiars o.o I don't have a mouse and my laptop spazzes if I have more than 5 tabs open at a time.

And yes, numbers are good :3 And if removing this causes the number of people who bond regularly with their familiars to double, then FR definitely wouldn't lose ad revenue! :D
@Vendrus

I am very envious of the fact that it takes you 7 minutes to do 100 familiars o.o I don't have a mouse and my laptop spazzes if I have more than 5 tabs open at a time.

And yes, numbers are good :3 And if removing this causes the number of people who bond regularly with their familiars to double, then FR definitely wouldn't lose ad revenue! :D
Xo3h1oI.png
This is a great idea! Anything to make it easier on my poor old laptop would be wonderful.
This is a great idea! Anything to make it easier on my poor old laptop would be wonderful.
3iZwwkw.png
I think they release familiars too fast... This is the completionist in me but I want to fill my bestiary with awakened familiars, and that's impossible if more are released so often before older ones can be maxed out.

It's gotta be worse for new players, too.
I think they release familiars too fast... This is the completionist in me but I want to fill my bestiary with awakened familiars, and that's impossible if more are released so often before older ones can be maxed out.

It's gotta be worse for new players, too.
2yGTNC2.png
xYjY92X.jpg
@Tenzen

I'm honestly not sure what your comment has to do with bonding or the suggestion mentioned here so try to stay on topic s:, but I will agree with you anyways. I once tried to get ALL THE FAMILIARS but gave up after getting new familiars like every other week. Which you would think would be easy enough but the coli lags so bad on my laptop/with my internet lol

@Tenzen

I'm honestly not sure what your comment has to do with bonding or the suggestion mentioned here so try to stay on topic s:, but I will agree with you anyways. I once tried to get ALL THE FAMILIARS but gave up after getting new familiars like every other week. Which you would think would be easy enough but the coli lags so bad on my laptop/with my internet lol

Xo3h1oI.png
1 2 3