Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Eliminate" for Mages: Death Stare
1 2 3
[img]https://i.imgur.com/MkAa7Wf.png[/img] Required Level: 9 INT based neutral damage, similar to Eliminate Cost: 90 Breath If it kills the enemy, breath is refunded. If the enemy survives the attack or dodges it, the caster is more vulnerable by 25% for three rounds. Reasons: [LIST] [*]90 Breath implicitly requires two to three rounds of Meditate (potentially two with Discipline) to get ready, but that is okay because Fighters can get Ambush for more starter turns. [*]Not going for 120 Breath because it sometimes is needed to two-hit enemies, just like scratchliminate. There are two options there: Elemental Bolt or Contuse. [*]A caster can usually use Aid frequently when things go haywire, so the 25% vulnerability debuff is fine to offset that and it would effectively negate Contuse. [/LIST] Another good point is that this might lessen the demand on Eliminate, being an alternative option for a similarly effective build. [img]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/bf/bf75fc0c02d32f0de159d95bbae979b1c12dcccacee3c5579b16d5c33d8e7bd1.jpg[/img] SCNR ;)
MkAa7Wf.png

Required Level: 9
INT based neutral damage, similar to Eliminate

Cost: 90 Breath
If it kills the enemy, breath is refunded.
If the enemy survives the attack or dodges it, the caster is more vulnerable by 25% for three rounds.

Reasons:
  • 90 Breath implicitly requires two to three rounds of Meditate (potentially two with Discipline) to get ready, but that is okay because Fighters can get Ambush for more starter turns.
  • Not going for 120 Breath because it sometimes is needed to two-hit enemies, just like scratchliminate. There are two options there: Elemental Bolt or Contuse.
  • A caster can usually use Aid frequently when things go haywire, so the 25% vulnerability debuff is fine to offset that and it would effectively negate Contuse.

Another good point is that this might lessen the demand on Eliminate, being an alternative option for a similarly effective build.

bf75fc0c02d32f0de159d95bbae979b1c12dcccacee3c5579b16d5c33d8e7bd1.jpg
SCNR ;)
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is brilliant????

I love the idea of lessening demand on Eliminate, chuck this and a baldwin brew togetherr and I think we may have a way to solve some of the coli gameplay issues!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is brilliant????

I love the idea of lessening demand on Eliminate, chuck this and a baldwin brew togetherr and I think we may have a way to solve some of the coli gameplay issues!!!
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
Support because:

-lessens Eliminate demand
-treasure sink
-increases popularity for other builds
-utilizes other stones well
-"Death Stare" is an amazing name and wildly hilarious. If I get a mage build should this become real, the dragon is going to have "Death Stare" lore 100%~
Support because:

-lessens Eliminate demand
-treasure sink
-increases popularity for other builds
-utilizes other stones well
-"Death Stare" is an amazing name and wildly hilarious. If I get a mage build should this become real, the dragon is going to have "Death Stare" lore 100%~
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
I love this idea! Outside of PvP, mages are practically useless in the coli except if you're nuts like me and like the GW. Besides, who doesn't like the image of a fae staring a giant boss to death?

This would be neat as a brew, though I would suggest having lots of rare/a high treasure cost associated with it to not make it too easy to get. Eliminate is so useful and should be rare though I agree it's far too rare right now so an alternative would be great.

Support!
I love this idea! Outside of PvP, mages are practically useless in the coli except if you're nuts like me and like the GW. Besides, who doesn't like the image of a fae staring a giant boss to death?

This would be neat as a brew, though I would suggest having lots of rare/a high treasure cost associated with it to not make it too easy to get. Eliminate is so useful and should be rare though I agree it's far too rare right now so an alternative would be great.

Support!
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
Support! Seems like a reasonable solution that would bring mages back into popularity (and give other stones a purpose in life)

Great idea!
Support! Seems like a reasonable solution that would bring mages back into popularity (and give other stones a purpose in life)

Great idea!

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
Lose the vulnerability aspect.

Something dodges and you're vulnerable for THREE rounds? Like it's not annoying enough when it misses and takes all your breath.

Something dodges and you're vulnerable for THREE rounds? Like it's not annoying enough when it misses and takes all your breath.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date=2017-05-23 01:48:26] Lose the vulnerability aspect. Something dodges and you're vulnerable for THREE rounds? Like it's not annoying enough when it misses and takes all your breath. [/quote]Nope. Mages have Aid which is a) stronger than Sap and b) can be used more frequently. Plus c) Mages got Contuse which then normalizes the damage on affected enemies. Losing the risk of Vulnerability will make that ability imbalanced compared to Eliminate.
Greyjoy wrote on 2017-05-23:

Nope. Mages have Aid which is a) stronger than Sap and b) can be used more frequently. Plus c) Mages got Contuse which then normalizes the damage on affected enemies.

Losing the risk of Vulnerability will make that ability imbalanced compared to Eliminate.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
Add the vulnerability to Eliminate as well. Like, if Eliminate misses, you get a 25% defensive debuff, if the special version, you get a 25% sp. def debuff.

The "WELL MAGES GET AID" argument is silly. You can run a cleric and two Eliminate users if you really want to farm in Golem Workshop, meaning that you're relying on Aid anyway.

This isn't better than Eliminate, but it's not going to be cheaper. The Battle Stone doesn't exist, will have the same rarity (it's not going to be Ambush-common, guys) and it...won't be a good alternative.

Stockpiles of Eliminates exist.

This is a good battle stone, but it will be very expensive for a while.
Add the vulnerability to Eliminate as well. Like, if Eliminate misses, you get a 25% defensive debuff, if the special version, you get a 25% sp. def debuff.

The "WELL MAGES GET AID" argument is silly. You can run a cleric and two Eliminate users if you really want to farm in Golem Workshop, meaning that you're relying on Aid anyway.

This isn't better than Eliminate, but it's not going to be cheaper. The Battle Stone doesn't exist, will have the same rarity (it's not going to be Ambush-common, guys) and it...won't be a good alternative.

Stockpiles of Eliminates exist.

This is a good battle stone, but it will be very expensive for a while.
Maybe one round. Three is excessive and ridiculous, mostly because most half-decent high level dragons don't need more than two rounds to complete a fight.

Maybe one round. Three is excessive and ridiculous, mostly because most half-decent high level dragons don't need more than two rounds to complete a fight.

byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I'm not all too big on the coli, but I believe this would help with eliminate demands. Support!
I'm not all too big on the coli, but I believe this would help with eliminate demands. Support!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
1 2 3