Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Non-stripe-based genes
1 2 3
[quote name="McAlli" date=2017-05-21 07:02:24] Tentative support. I do believe that there are more ways for "stripe like" patterns to be used in unique ways. But I do agree that there can now be a concern about versatility in genes.[/quote] Pretty much exactly how I feel.
McAlli wrote on 2017-05-21:
Tentative support. I do believe that there are more ways for "stripe like" patterns to be used in unique ways. But I do agree that there can now be a concern about versatility in genes.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.
aBcTdao.png
ePOliyb.pngmTAp2ld.pngNlmYDAS.pngq9EEy5M.png
fdUVIfW.png
to PsychoticRomance 70834
ejtsBdV.png

Cute lil flyin' dergin
7fINQj7.gif

Kiwi's Hatchery
zkAFsLJ.png

Tiger head linking to my carrd
xztAvSq.png
Dear lord yes. It has been almost 4 years, why do we not have a leopard spot/rosettes gene.
Dear lord yes. It has been almost 4 years, why do we not have a leopard spot/rosettes gene.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
support, there are so many other patterns in the world from inanimate to animate that have not even remotely been explored yet, why keep rehashing something so generic? try stone/masonry patterns, coral patterns, tiles, octopus rings, nebula patterns, pustules, veins, burned patterns, scar tissue, wood grain, you name it. BE BOLD.
support, there are so many other patterns in the world from inanimate to animate that have not even remotely been explored yet, why keep rehashing something so generic? try stone/masonry patterns, coral patterns, tiles, octopus rings, nebula patterns, pustules, veins, burned patterns, scar tissue, wood grain, you name it. BE BOLD.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
I'm pretty sure that this is going to happen, considering that there are going to be loads of more genes to come.
I'm pretty sure that this is going to happen, considering that there are going to be loads of more genes to come.
I would very much like to see some non stripe genes as well. Perhaps something star or diamond like?
I would very much like to see some non stripe genes as well. Perhaps something star or diamond like?
MRMeAKr.png
Agreed. thought things were looking up with the last few genes and then we get this throwback stripe set. The art for it is fine, it's just a gene pair nobody really wanted. It's like did they even look at what genes people were using most? I assume not or we'd have some really nice belly only genes to compete with Glimmer by now and a nice primary/secondary to go with Opal. I'd suggest a scaley primary/secondary, but they screwed up the tert so bad I can't see it getting any better. Here's the hint. Just scales. No weird gradients, color blobs or whatever.
Agreed. thought things were looking up with the last few genes and then we get this throwback stripe set. The art for it is fine, it's just a gene pair nobody really wanted. It's like did they even look at what genes people were using most? I assume not or we'd have some really nice belly only genes to compete with Glimmer by now and a nice primary/secondary to go with Opal. I'd suggest a scaley primary/secondary, but they screwed up the tert so bad I can't see it getting any better. Here's the hint. Just scales. No weird gradients, color blobs or whatever.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I'd like to see some polkadots

Heck, I'd like to see a few more genes like Circuit. Not necessarily digital-like, but non-natural-pattern looking. Pinstripes, maybe? (Like, yes, stripey, but thin and organized).

But yeah, I'd be fine with fewer genes with greater variety.
I'd like to see some polkadots

Heck, I'd like to see a few more genes like Circuit. Not necessarily digital-like, but non-natural-pattern looking. Pinstripes, maybe? (Like, yes, stripey, but thin and organized).

But yeah, I'd be fine with fewer genes with greater variety.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Support!

While I appreciate the growing collection of markings, it would be nice to see them broken up so that every other release was noticeably different. There are millions of animals out there with marking ideas that aren't stripes, so now that we have the "stripe collection" underway, why not branch out?

Also, being as we can only have three gene markings here, it is already a challenge to make your dragons completely unique. The randomizer when hatching helps, but I'm sure we'd appreciate many more unique markings so that our dragons don't all start to look the same. :)
Support!

While I appreciate the growing collection of markings, it would be nice to see them broken up so that every other release was noticeably different. There are millions of animals out there with marking ideas that aren't stripes, so now that we have the "stripe collection" underway, why not branch out?

Also, being as we can only have three gene markings here, it is already a challenge to make your dragons completely unique. The randomizer when hatching helps, but I'm sure we'd appreciate many more unique markings so that our dragons don't all start to look the same. :)
Support, 100%. It's weird that, with all the creative options in the world at FR's disposal, so much of what we have looks like an iteration of the same basic idea. Stripes.
Support, 100%. It's weird that, with all the creative options in the world at FR's disposal, so much of what we have looks like an iteration of the same basic idea. Stripes.
No more stripes! There's so many of them, and I wasn't a big fan of stripy dragons to start with. More complex patterns pls (stuff like cherub) with swirls and such.
Support!
No more stripes! There's so many of them, and I wasn't a big fan of stripy dragons to start with. More complex patterns pls (stuff like cherub) with swirls and such.
Support!
1 2 3