Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Brew to Change Nest Elements
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Katia" date=2017-05-20 19:13:32] @Ettanin @McAlli Perhaps this as a compromise? You can normally brew only your own flights, but you can brew a different flight's using festival currency during their festival. [/quote]@Katia If it is very difficult to grind (like 100+ tokens) then yes. The recipes for the other flights [b]will stil be unavailable for you[/b] outside the festival.
Katia wrote on 2017-05-20:
@Ettanin @McAlli

Perhaps this as a compromise? You can normally brew only your own flights, but you can brew a different flight's using festival currency during their festival.
@Katia If it is very difficult to grind (like 100+ tokens) then yes.

The recipes for the other flights will stil be unavailable for you outside the festival.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
[quote]To craft the specific brew, you have to be in the matching flight. This means you can only obtain such brews of other elements by trading either through Crossroads or the Auction House.[/quote] I understand where this suggestion is coming from... but I think that it pretty much defeats the purpose of the suggestion. It would also puts some Flights at a little bit of an extreme advantage. Brewers of the Earth nest item will be few, simply because the people in Earth are few. Brewers of the Light nest item will be many because there are lots of them. I'm not sure whether I think that's a favorable or unfavorable thing right now, since I haven't thought about it, but at first glance (if we are able to brew other Flights' nests during their festival) it might be okay and even itself out? I also don't think it should use Flight festival currency, though... That would just make this suggestion less useful since there would be a limited number of the materials ten out of twelve months of the year, and people would go back to the nest renting, which this suggestion is trying to cut down on. Maybe vast amounts of deity statues, and then runestones or something else that is Flight-specific and rare that would be used in small quantities. An a fairly steep treasure price will be necessary, though not too steep for the same reason I don't think we should use festival currency. It would be better if this brew was used often (treasure/item sink) than if it was used rarely. It would have to be cheap enough to make it a viable alternative to people engaging in nest renting, which is unsupported, but expensive enough to make it a decent treasure sink anyway. Hit that sweet middle ground, and everyone will be brewing them. A treasure sink for more people is more effective than a treasure sink for a few.
Quote:
To craft the specific brew, you have to be in the matching flight. This means you can only obtain such brews of other elements by trading either through Crossroads or the Auction House.
I understand where this suggestion is coming from... but I think that it pretty much defeats the purpose of the suggestion. It would also puts some Flights at a little bit of an extreme advantage. Brewers of the Earth nest item will be few, simply because the people in Earth are few. Brewers of the Light nest item will be many because there are lots of them. I'm not sure whether I think that's a favorable or unfavorable thing right now, since I haven't thought about it, but at first glance (if we are able to brew other Flights' nests during their festival) it might be okay and even itself out?

I also don't think it should use Flight festival currency, though... That would just make this suggestion less useful since there would be a limited number of the materials ten out of twelve months of the year, and people would go back to the nest renting, which this suggestion is trying to cut down on.

Maybe vast amounts of deity statues, and then runestones or something else that is Flight-specific and rare that would be used in small quantities. An a fairly steep treasure price will be necessary, though not too steep for the same reason I don't think we should use festival currency. It would be better if this brew was used often (treasure/item sink) than if it was used rarely. It would have to be cheap enough to make it a viable alternative to people engaging in nest renting, which is unsupported, but expensive enough to make it a decent treasure sink anyway. Hit that sweet middle ground, and everyone will be brewing them. A treasure sink for more people is more effective than a treasure sink for a few.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I'd accept most conditions just for the ability to not have to send off my dragons, including having only being able to brew my own flight and having to buy others. Or inflated festival currency. Or only being able others flights during festivals.

BUT although nest rentals are always a risk, the community around them is actually pretty good. If the price is too steep people will just continue renting. I don't think the cost should be above 50k.
I'd accept most conditions just for the ability to not have to send off my dragons, including having only being able to brew my own flight and having to buy others. Or inflated festival currency. Or only being able others flights during festivals.

BUT although nest rentals are always a risk, the community around them is actually pretty good. If the price is too steep people will just continue renting. I don't think the cost should be above 50k.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
Well it depends on the dragons honestly whether the cost is worth it. Obviously you can't send your progenes off and unless you had multiple stoned level 25s, the lost income from coli could easily be higher then the brew cost.

Honestly I am not sure what a fair price would be, you would probably need a poll for that, so if someone could make one, I would love to see it.
Well it depends on the dragons honestly whether the cost is worth it. Obviously you can't send your progenes off and unless you had multiple stoned level 25s, the lost income from coli could easily be higher then the brew cost.

Honestly I am not sure what a fair price would be, you would probably need a poll for that, so if someone could make one, I would love to see it.
MRMeAKr.png
Also does anyone have a better name? I just used Elemental brew as a placeholder.
Also does anyone have a better name? I just used Elemental brew as a placeholder.
MRMeAKr.png
[quote name="Katia" date=2017-05-22 17:36:26] Also does anyone have a better name? I just used Elemental brew as a placeholder. [/quote] Ice: Frozen Brew Arcane: Starfall Brew Plague: Infested Brew Wind: Fresh Brew Fire: Molten Brew Lightning: Electric Brew Water: Maritime Brew Light: Illuminated Brew Shadow: Darkening Brew Nature: Herbal Brew Earth: Hardened Brew
Katia wrote on 2017-05-22:

Ice: Frozen Brew
Arcane: Starfall Brew
Plague: Infested Brew
Wind: Fresh Brew
Fire: Molten Brew
Lightning: Electric Brew
Water: Maritime Brew
Light: Illuminated Brew
Shadow: Darkening Brew
Nature: Herbal Brew
Earth: Hardened Brew
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
@Ettanin I like those. I'll add them to the first post.
@Ettanin I like those. I'll add them to the first post.
MRMeAKr.png
Honestly though, I don't think it should be limited to flight. Or tied to holiday currency, it would be far too constraining in my opinion. The point is to create a much safer way of having matching eye color dragons, or just having different than one's own. Which is quite frankly brilliant.

It cuts down on nesting trades gone wrong, worry, and would be a delightful treasure sink. I still think it should be somewhere around the same as a gene or the bogsneak scroll, between 95-185kt.
Honestly though, I don't think it should be limited to flight. Or tied to holiday currency, it would be far too constraining in my opinion. The point is to create a much safer way of having matching eye color dragons, or just having different than one's own. Which is quite frankly brilliant.

It cuts down on nesting trades gone wrong, worry, and would be a delightful treasure sink. I still think it should be somewhere around the same as a gene or the bogsneak scroll, between 95-185kt.
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
I see a lot of people placing the price between 80kt and 200kt....and I think I agree with that.

~100kt isn't a terrible amount to make and, in the event that you get a one-egg nest, it would sting but it wouldn't be breaking the bank too terribly. Spending 100kt and managing to get a 4 or 5 egg nest would be a sort of....returned investment. As people would most likely be using these brews for breeding projects, and depending on the colors and gender being searched for, it can take dozens upon dozens of attempts.

I think that's a pretty fair sink. 100, 120kt ish.
I see a lot of people placing the price between 80kt and 200kt....and I think I agree with that.

~100kt isn't a terrible amount to make and, in the event that you get a one-egg nest, it would sting but it wouldn't be breaking the bank too terribly. Spending 100kt and managing to get a 4 or 5 egg nest would be a sort of....returned investment. As people would most likely be using these brews for breeding projects, and depending on the colors and gender being searched for, it can take dozens upon dozens of attempts.

I think that's a pretty fair sink. 100, 120kt ish.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@McAlli 100k seems fair to me since this idea wasn't really meant to help get matching eye color for the purpose of selling dragons, but more to help people with breeding projects.
@McAlli 100k seems fair to me since this idea wasn't really meant to help get matching eye color for the purpose of selling dragons, but more to help people with breeding projects.
MRMeAKr.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8