Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Brew to Change Nest Elements
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I support this. I like how it is single use and then the nest reverts back to its native element afterward.
I support this. I like how it is single use and then the nest reverts back to its native element afterward.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@Serelinda I could go with that use of festival currency, perhaps it takes 35-40 to make, like same as an piece of apparel/familiar as then people would have the option to use festival currency during that festival, but it would still be readily brewable year around as well.
@Serelinda I could go with that use of festival currency, perhaps it takes 35-40 to make, like same as an piece of apparel/familiar as then people would have the option to use festival currency during that festival, but it would still be readily brewable year around as well.
MRMeAKr.png
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Nests that are not of your own element carry only one egg at most and have a moderate chance on a second egg during the matching festival. You cannot use it on a nest you are already taking care of.
    Lore-fit reason: The magical source providing the alternate element is not strong enough for the nest to grow more than one hatchling and the surrounding raw environmental energy threatens to extinguish the source otherwise.
  • The elemental brews do not need gems, gem-only items and are not derived from Swipp/Baldwin recipes that themselves need gems or gem-only items and themselves are not derived from such recipes recursively. Else it would be pay-to-win (considering coliseum optimization).
  • Such nests require festival tokens alongside the brew with a discount while the matching festival is active.
  • In the event nest exalting or a similar function becomes available, the items consumed will not be refunded.

Reasons:
  • Such an option lessens the demand for a perfect dragon attribute combo by removing the eye variable, devaluing the specifics market quicker, hence it needs to be nerfed to one egg only with a chance on two eggs during the matching festival.
  • I'd rather prefer peer-to-peer nest rental with egg rot on lack of incubation within inactivity by more than 7 days by either side (giver and receiver). This fosters the social component of the game.
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Nests that are not of your own element carry only one egg at most and have a moderate chance on a second egg during the matching festival. You cannot use it on a nest you are already taking care of.
    Lore-fit reason: The magical source providing the alternate element is not strong enough for the nest to grow more than one hatchling and the surrounding raw environmental energy threatens to extinguish the source otherwise.
  • The elemental brews do not need gems, gem-only items and are not derived from Swipp/Baldwin recipes that themselves need gems or gem-only items and themselves are not derived from such recipes recursively. Else it would be pay-to-win (considering coliseum optimization).
  • Such nests require festival tokens alongside the brew with a discount while the matching festival is active.
  • In the event nest exalting or a similar function becomes available, the items consumed will not be refunded.

Reasons:
  • Such an option lessens the demand for a perfect dragon attribute combo by removing the eye variable, devaluing the specifics market quicker, hence it needs to be nerfed to one egg only with a chance on two eggs during the matching festival.
  • I'd rather prefer peer-to-peer nest rental with egg rot on lack of incubation within inactivity by more than 7 days by either side (giver and receiver). This fosters the social component of the game.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
I always support some safe, site-supported way to breed your dragons on a nest of another element. And this seems well thought out, so, full support! I don't think it should NEED festival currency, as that's pretty hard to get except one week a year, but I agree with a nice treasure sink in order to brew the item. Also it should be a decently high level recipe, as well, imo.
I always support some safe, site-supported way to breed your dragons on a nest of another element. And this seems well thought out, so, full support! I don't think it should NEED festival currency, as that's pretty hard to get except one week a year, but I agree with a nice treasure sink in order to brew the item. Also it should be a decently high level recipe, as well, imo.
Support!

Maybe not with festival currency, but definitely with the runestones, dolls, or deity figurines
Support!

Maybe not with festival currency, but definitely with the runestones, dolls, or deity figurines
tumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o2_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o6_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o5_250.pngtumblr_pnm56aOHEm1r54jk5o4_75sq.png
@Ettanin I agree with everything, but the egg limit. I'm concerned that putting in that egg limit along with the effort to make it would make it too unappealing and people would just stick with the unsupported nest renting practice.
@Ettanin I agree with everything, but the egg limit. I'm concerned that putting in that egg limit along with the effort to make it would make it too unappealing and people would just stick with the unsupported nest renting practice.
MRMeAKr.png
[quote name="Katia" date=2017-05-19 21:07:35] @Ettanin I agree with everything, but the egg limit. I'm concerned that putting in that egg limit along with the effort to make it would make it too unappealing and people would just stick with the unsupported nest renting practice. [/quote]@Katia the egg limit is necessary to keep the specifics market alive. No support without it. Also, without an egg limit, this method would be more effective than changing flight for gems (to be honest, flight change should be an [i]extremely[/i] expensive treasure option instead!) or trying to find the specific dragon in the auction house. Without an egg limit you would limit the treasure sink because you'd need less tries for the sought-off combo of species and gender (can narrow down color and genes). The egg limit actually amplifies the treasure sink because you need more tries. This option should be an [i]alternative[/i], not the go-to option to replace all other options available. It would make other options (Auction House [because of better control and independence], Flight Change [because of its price and the long cooldown]) obsolete if it hadn't an egg limit.
Katia wrote on 2017-05-19:
@Katia the egg limit is necessary to keep the specifics market alive. No support without it.

Also, without an egg limit, this method would be more effective than changing flight for gems (to be honest, flight change should be an extremely expensive treasure option instead!) or trying to find the specific dragon in the auction house.

Without an egg limit you would limit the treasure sink because you'd need less tries for the sought-off combo of species and gender (can narrow down color and genes). The egg limit actually amplifies the treasure sink because you need more tries.

This option should be an alternative, not the go-to option to replace all other options available. It would make other options (Auction House [because of better control and independence], Flight Change [because of its price and the long cooldown]) obsolete if it hadn't an egg limit.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)

My avatar
@Ettanin

I strongly disagree with your post. Flight Changes were NEVER supposed to be about eye color. It was put in for players who dislike the community of their flight and want to switch to another one. Nor should flight changes be about eye color, in my opinion.

In fact, I bet this being added would INCREASE people's willingness to flight change, if the reason they haven't is because the flight they want to change to, they don't like the eye color as much, but the community better. They would know they still had a way to breed their dragons with the eye color of their old flight.

And as for the AH, it's downright impossible to find a combo on there unless it's popular and/or the colors are close together in range. Especially with the right eye color. So most people are going to end up breeding for it anyway. And trust me, even with no egg limit, it can take months upon MONTHS to breed that exact right combination. There's one combo I've been breeding for, trying to narrow down the range, for a half a year or more, and I still don't have it yet. If this opion existed, I would have been using it every single month for the past half year. That's a very effective treasure sink.

No egg limit, it's FAR too punishing and defeats the whole purpose of this being a viable, safe alternative to nest rental.
@Ettanin

I strongly disagree with your post. Flight Changes were NEVER supposed to be about eye color. It was put in for players who dislike the community of their flight and want to switch to another one. Nor should flight changes be about eye color, in my opinion.

In fact, I bet this being added would INCREASE people's willingness to flight change, if the reason they haven't is because the flight they want to change to, they don't like the eye color as much, but the community better. They would know they still had a way to breed their dragons with the eye color of their old flight.

And as for the AH, it's downright impossible to find a combo on there unless it's popular and/or the colors are close together in range. Especially with the right eye color. So most people are going to end up breeding for it anyway. And trust me, even with no egg limit, it can take months upon MONTHS to breed that exact right combination. There's one combo I've been breeding for, trying to narrow down the range, for a half a year or more, and I still don't have it yet. If this opion existed, I would have been using it every single month for the past half year. That's a very effective treasure sink.

No egg limit, it's FAR too punishing and defeats the whole purpose of this being a viable, safe alternative to nest rental.
[quote name="luccamajere" date=2017-05-20 04:25:18] And trust me, even with no egg limit, it can take months upon MONTHS to breed that exact right combination.[/quote]@luccamajere you're doing it wrong then. You can narrow down right down to clones with matching pairs (and work down towards them by breeding the offspring further), the only variable that is uncontrollable is the gender. A 50/50 chance, which is fair with 1 egg only. Why make it any easier?
luccamajere wrote on 2017-05-20:
And trust me, even with no egg limit, it can take months upon MONTHS to breed that exact right combination.
@luccamajere you're doing it wrong then.

You can narrow down right down to clones with matching pairs (and work down towards them by breeding the offspring further), the only variable that is uncontrollable is the gender. A 50/50 chance, which is fair with 1 egg only. Why make it any easier?

My avatar
@Ettanin

Oh? I'm 'doing it wrong', huh? Please, tell me how I could possibly be doing it any better when I've been trying for months to narrow the range, but there is NO OTHER DRAGONS with this combination on the entire site. Literally, no dragon in the combo I want exists on site.

Breeding is not as easy as you're claiming it is. It's impossible to narrow the range if there are no dragons even close to the colors I want other than ones I bred myself, or are related to the ones I'm already using.
@Ettanin

Oh? I'm 'doing it wrong', huh? Please, tell me how I could possibly be doing it any better when I've been trying for months to narrow the range, but there is NO OTHER DRAGONS with this combination on the entire site. Literally, no dragon in the combo I want exists on site.

Breeding is not as easy as you're claiming it is. It's impossible to narrow the range if there are no dragons even close to the colors I want other than ones I bred myself, or are related to the ones I'm already using.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8