Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Brew to Change Nest Elements
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The elemental brew is an a item that can temporarily change the element of one of your nests.The item is good for ONE use only. I have two options for how this could work.

1. The use brings up a drop down menu allowing you to choose what element you want. The recipe itself require a large amount of whatever mat needs the sink the most which helps as a sink for those items. It also has a long brew time.

2. There are 11 different elemental brews corresponding to each of the 11 flights. Each recipe calls for a decent amount of an underused mat as well as some sort of common mat that corresponds to the chosen flight. For example, maybe obsidian for fire and skipping stones for water. Or Maybe you could add the deity plushies/runestones.

The lore for this could be this as suggested by DragonSage: The item being brewed could be a concentrated or raw form of the element, so the elemental magic the eggs are absorbing is the element you want them to be as its stronger than the ambient magic of the nest or could be a (deity) blessed item so the deity of the element you want is blessing the nest causing them to be that element.

This would be a good item for several reasons.

1. You would have a safe alternative to the unsupported practice of nest renting.

2. It would allow people to breed for eye color with their progens.

3. It would be another good treasure sink.

Possible names from:
Ice: Frozen Brew
Arcane: Starfall Brew
Plague: Infested Brew
Wind: Fresh Brew
Fire: Molten Brew
Lightning: Electric Brew
Water: Maritime Brew
Light: Illuminated Brew
Shadow: Darkening Brew
Nature: Herbal Brew
Earth: Hardened Brew
The elemental brew is an a item that can temporarily change the element of one of your nests.The item is good for ONE use only. I have two options for how this could work.

1. The use brings up a drop down menu allowing you to choose what element you want. The recipe itself require a large amount of whatever mat needs the sink the most which helps as a sink for those items. It also has a long brew time.

2. There are 11 different elemental brews corresponding to each of the 11 flights. Each recipe calls for a decent amount of an underused mat as well as some sort of common mat that corresponds to the chosen flight. For example, maybe obsidian for fire and skipping stones for water. Or Maybe you could add the deity plushies/runestones.

The lore for this could be this as suggested by DragonSage: The item being brewed could be a concentrated or raw form of the element, so the elemental magic the eggs are absorbing is the element you want them to be as its stronger than the ambient magic of the nest or could be a (deity) blessed item so the deity of the element you want is blessing the nest causing them to be that element.

This would be a good item for several reasons.

1. You would have a safe alternative to the unsupported practice of nest renting.

2. It would allow people to breed for eye color with their progens.

3. It would be another good treasure sink.

Possible names from:
Ice: Frozen Brew
Arcane: Starfall Brew
Plague: Infested Brew
Wind: Fresh Brew
Fire: Molten Brew
Lightning: Electric Brew
Water: Maritime Brew
Light: Illuminated Brew
Shadow: Darkening Brew
Nature: Herbal Brew
Earth: Hardened Brew
MRMeAKr.png
I think using Runestones or the plushies/something might be good because it's something of that flight. Might be kinda eh, but maybe even festival currency? o.o?
I think option 2 is better myself.

I think this is nicely thought out.
Support!
I think using Runestones or the plushies/something might be good because it's something of that flight. Might be kinda eh, but maybe even festival currency? o.o?
I think option 2 is better myself.

I think this is nicely thought out.
Support!
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
I like this. I'd especially think it was interesting if it used festival currency- but not too much. The problem wouldn't be 'how do I get that much' like with all other recipes, but 'how do I get something that isn't currently available?' It would be interesting to watch people stock up on currency to get them through a year of selling and using, celebrate holidays by birthing nests of that element, etc. It'd also give currency an interesting economy, right now it's either high supply/high demand or low supply/low demand.
I like this. I'd especially think it was interesting if it used festival currency- but not too much. The problem wouldn't be 'how do I get that much' like with all other recipes, but 'how do I get something that isn't currently available?' It would be interesting to watch people stock up on currency to get them through a year of selling and using, celebrate holidays by birthing nests of that element, etc. It'd also give currency an interesting economy, right now it's either high supply/high demand or low supply/low demand.
windh4.png
@TheSilverFox @WyvernVenom I would rather it not use festival currency because I would like for it to be readily accessible year round rather then use items that can only be obtained for just one week every year.

I want this to be a viable and safe alternative to the unsupported practice of nest renting. After all, if you decide to rent a nest and the other person decides to keep your dragons, then you are out of luck because the staff will not help you.
@TheSilverFox @WyvernVenom I would rather it not use festival currency because I would like for it to be readily accessible year round rather then use items that can only be obtained for just one week every year.

I want this to be a viable and safe alternative to the unsupported practice of nest renting. After all, if you decide to rent a nest and the other person decides to keep your dragons, then you are out of luck because the staff will not help you.
MRMeAKr.png
@Katia

Yes, absolutely. I completely understand what this is trying to avoid. However, breeding babies of a different element wasn't really an intended feature, so it should be difficult, and I think that using festival currency is a great and original way to implement this difficulty. Also, it will be available year-round- it's just that you'll only be able to gather the ingredients once a year. You can hold onto them as long as you want, and use them whenever, plus this will incentivize people to sell fest currency on the AH more. There's festival currency on the AH right now. Heck, even requiring a full 100 currency per conversion would only cost 2-300 gems, much less than other specialty effects such as Eternal Youth and the like. And I was only thinking it should cost 15-25 currency.

Yes, I agree it's a good thing to have, but I don't think it should be easy.
@Katia

Yes, absolutely. I completely understand what this is trying to avoid. However, breeding babies of a different element wasn't really an intended feature, so it should be difficult, and I think that using festival currency is a great and original way to implement this difficulty. Also, it will be available year-round- it's just that you'll only be able to gather the ingredients once a year. You can hold onto them as long as you want, and use them whenever, plus this will incentivize people to sell fest currency on the AH more. There's festival currency on the AH right now. Heck, even requiring a full 100 currency per conversion would only cost 2-300 gems, much less than other specialty effects such as Eternal Youth and the like. And I was only thinking it should cost 15-25 currency.

Yes, I agree it's a good thing to have, but I don't think it should be easy.
windh4.png
I'll always support this.

It's obvious the admins didn't expect eye colour to be as important to us as it turned out to be, so allowing us a risk free method if getting other-Element dragons would be great.

I don't care how. Don't care if it's a brew (good item and treasure sink), marketplace item (gem sink) or a trading post type feature (treasure sink again), I just think it's past time we had one.
I'll always support this.

It's obvious the admins didn't expect eye colour to be as important to us as it turned out to be, so allowing us a risk free method if getting other-Element dragons would be great.

I don't care how. Don't care if it's a brew (good item and treasure sink), marketplace item (gem sink) or a trading post type feature (treasure sink again), I just think it's past time we had one.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I like this idea. I have often supported/wanted some way to change the element of a nest, not permanently, and I think this would be a good way to do so.
I like this idea. I have often supported/wanted some way to change the element of a nest, not permanently, and I think this would be a good way to do so.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support for an Elemental brew, but no support for it using Fest currencies as I think it would defeat the point of the brew being a Treasure sink, considering the respective currencies only show up once per year and most people would likely only brew during the festivals if that was the case.

Possible recipe:
150000t
2 White Slimes and 3 Silver Mucks/5 White Slimes or 5 Silver Mucks depending on the recipe (material sink)
[maybe some of the less used goos/sludges/oozes]
20 Stone/Clay Fertility Statues
5 elemental deity idols

Or something like that.
Support for an Elemental brew, but no support for it using Fest currencies as I think it would defeat the point of the brew being a Treasure sink, considering the respective currencies only show up once per year and most people would likely only brew during the festivals if that was the case.

Possible recipe:
150000t
2 White Slimes and 3 Silver Mucks/5 White Slimes or 5 Silver Mucks depending on the recipe (material sink)
[maybe some of the less used goos/sludges/oozes]
20 Stone/Clay Fertility Statues
5 elemental deity idols

Or something like that.
Support. I agree with what others have said as far as utilizing Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, and I really like Bromjunaar's suggestion, as a high cost/treasure sink would mean people wouldn't be using it unnecessarily.

I'm indecisive as far as festival currency goes, but perhaps there could be a limited-time recipe that takes a high quantity of festival currency during an elemental festival in order to make an item specific to that element (i.e. it's the Water Festival and you can brew an item with the currency to make a water nest)?
Support. I agree with what others have said as far as utilizing Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, and I really like Bromjunaar's suggestion, as a high cost/treasure sink would mean people wouldn't be using it unnecessarily.

I'm indecisive as far as festival currency goes, but perhaps there could be a limited-time recipe that takes a high quantity of festival currency during an elemental festival in order to make an item specific to that element (i.e. it's the Water Festival and you can brew an item with the currency to make a water nest)?
EYhnjwN.png
Support.

It would be a good treasure sink and a great, interesting use for Baldwin. I think if it was at least as expensive as PoiTox, with a long brew time and the need for a fair amount of materials, it could be a good exchange for temporarily changing a nest. This is a good way to avoid having to rent a nest from another user and possibly not getting your dragons back.

I don't support the use of Festival Currency in the recipe, however. I think that would make it more difficult than it needed to be. For players who can't coli grind and rely on gathering and Baldwin to gather enough currency to get Festival Items, having to save that currency for a possible nest element change would be unnecessarily annoying and, really, unfair. There should be no Baldwin recipes with any ingredient that is only available freely once a year.

I do support the idea of using Fertility Statues and Runestones as part of the recipe, as well as possibly the relics in relation to the Deities (Onyx Shadowbinder Statue, Terracotta Flamecaller statue, etc).
Support.

It would be a good treasure sink and a great, interesting use for Baldwin. I think if it was at least as expensive as PoiTox, with a long brew time and the need for a fair amount of materials, it could be a good exchange for temporarily changing a nest. This is a good way to avoid having to rent a nest from another user and possibly not getting your dragons back.

I don't support the use of Festival Currency in the recipe, however. I think that would make it more difficult than it needed to be. For players who can't coli grind and rely on gathering and Baldwin to gather enough currency to get Festival Items, having to save that currency for a possible nest element change would be unnecessarily annoying and, really, unfair. There should be no Baldwin recipes with any ingredient that is only available freely once a year.

I do support the idea of using Fertility Statues and Runestones as part of the recipe, as well as possibly the relics in relation to the Deities (Onyx Shadowbinder Statue, Terracotta Flamecaller statue, etc).
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8