Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Get outta that nest!
1 2 3 4
- Frank and Charlotte went on holiday -
---

The Point:
If you slip up pairing or simply change your mind, there should be a way to fix it. In this case, removing nesting dragons.

My plee:
Can we please have an option to remove nesting dragons? The eggs laid will be counted as rotten or whatever that thing was in beta, and half-awake choices can be fixed.

Personally, 4 of my dragons are in the nesting grounds and I wanted to exalt all four. They only delayed the inevitable.

- Discarded eggs will count toward the Egg Rot count feature.
- Denested dragons will be put on cool down as if the nests continued.
- The nest used wild have a 6 day cooldown itself or a treasure sink to avoid dragon removal abuse.
- Lore reasons
- Prevent accidental, unwanted pairings or spur of the moment decisions.
- Frank and Charlotte went on holiday -
---

The Point:
If you slip up pairing or simply change your mind, there should be a way to fix it. In this case, removing nesting dragons.

My plee:
Can we please have an option to remove nesting dragons? The eggs laid will be counted as rotten or whatever that thing was in beta, and half-awake choices can be fixed.

Personally, 4 of my dragons are in the nesting grounds and I wanted to exalt all four. They only delayed the inevitable.

- Discarded eggs will count toward the Egg Rot count feature.
- Denested dragons will be put on cool down as if the nests continued.
- The nest used wild have a 6 day cooldown itself or a treasure sink to avoid dragon removal abuse.
- Lore reasons
- Prevent accidental, unwanted pairings or spur of the moment decisions.
hbJfbe2.png
The way you phrased it, no support. You chose to nest them, you should have been prepared to hatch the babies. Not to mention that the text there is really bordering on being offensive/controversial to some people.
You realize you're suggesting that two parent dragons let their eggs, their children, rot just so you can exalt them six days earlier? If it's really that big of an issue just don't breed dragons when you're half asleep. Then your issue won't exist any more.

There's really no reason for this. If your only argument is that the babies will be ugly, there's foresee progeny and the nesting ground preview for that. If it's that you want to exalt them, just don't breed them if you plan to exalt them.

Let's not forget you can just exalt all the babies for extra money, throwing away the eggs is literally throwing away extra money.
The way you phrased it, no support. You chose to nest them, you should have been prepared to hatch the babies. Not to mention that the text there is really bordering on being offensive/controversial to some people.
You realize you're suggesting that two parent dragons let their eggs, their children, rot just so you can exalt them six days earlier? If it's really that big of an issue just don't breed dragons when you're half asleep. Then your issue won't exist any more.

There's really no reason for this. If your only argument is that the babies will be ugly, there's foresee progeny and the nesting ground preview for that. If it's that you want to exalt them, just don't breed them if you plan to exalt them.

Let's not forget you can just exalt all the babies for extra money, throwing away the eggs is literally throwing away extra money.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I'd like the ability to discard nests for sure even if there were extra consequences (extra cooldown, fees, etc)

I've accidentally bred dragons I wanted to remain unbred and would like to undo that if I had the chance (wound up exalting them orz)
I'd like the ability to discard nests for sure even if there were extra consequences (extra cooldown, fees, etc)

I've accidentally bred dragons I wanted to remain unbred and would like to undo that if I had the chance (wound up exalting them orz)
I support being able to discard eggs. This could be used for lore purposes (Say you had a dragon you had that, in lore, had only two children.), or it could be used when someone breeds dragons by mistake.

The lore in this could be that the parents abandoned the egg for whatever reason.
I support being able to discard eggs. This could be used for lore purposes (Say you had a dragon you had that, in lore, had only two children.), or it could be used when someone breeds dragons by mistake.

The lore in this could be that the parents abandoned the egg for whatever reason.
Support, for all the mentioned reasons, and it would also be handy if you need space in your lair, and the only dragons you would want to get rid of are on nests, or if you were just breeding some fodder for funsies, and a pair you *really* need to get on a nest comes off cooldown. I'm often short on space, and I've had nests sitting, waiting to be hatched, for a whiiile.

I think to keep people from constantly re-pairing dragons (i.e. abusing the Discard Nest function to keep trying for a larger number of eggs) that the dragons whose nest was discarded should still go on cooldown. This would keep it from being abused, and also make sure people were thinking hard about whether to dump a nest.

Whichever lore reasons people come up with for this - whether they incorporate it into the dragons' lore, or just pretend that nest never happened - I think this would be a useful feature for a breeding site.
Support, for all the mentioned reasons, and it would also be handy if you need space in your lair, and the only dragons you would want to get rid of are on nests, or if you were just breeding some fodder for funsies, and a pair you *really* need to get on a nest comes off cooldown. I'm often short on space, and I've had nests sitting, waiting to be hatched, for a whiiile.

I think to keep people from constantly re-pairing dragons (i.e. abusing the Discard Nest function to keep trying for a larger number of eggs) that the dragons whose nest was discarded should still go on cooldown. This would keep it from being abused, and also make sure people were thinking hard about whether to dump a nest.

Whichever lore reasons people come up with for this - whether they incorporate it into the dragons' lore, or just pretend that nest never happened - I think this would be a useful feature for a breeding site.
he/they
Still looking for a copy of Accent: Grand Romance! :')
Additionally, aside from the dragons themselves being on cooldown, the nest could be on cooldown for dismissing eggs- as in, you can't dismiss the next three batches with that nest. But I fully support dismissing nests of eggs. I badly need to do so now. Sometimes you set them to breed then find out the next day that was a very, VERY bad decision.
Additionally, aside from the dragons themselves being on cooldown, the nest could be on cooldown for dismissing eggs- as in, you can't dismiss the next three batches with that nest. But I fully support dismissing nests of eggs. I badly need to do so now. Sometimes you set them to breed then find out the next day that was a very, VERY bad decision.
Support, I see no reason why not
As long as the dragons still have to go through their full cooldown, of course... Otherwise nests could be easily given up until you hit your desired 4 or 5 eggs with that couple

Lire wise, well, the parents might abandon the nest because accidents happen, or the eggs could not be properly fertlized etc
Support, I see no reason why not
As long as the dragons still have to go through their full cooldown, of course... Otherwise nests could be easily given up until you hit your desired 4 or 5 eggs with that couple

Lire wise, well, the parents might abandon the nest because accidents happen, or the eggs could not be properly fertlized etc
qR6otwA.png
Support.

There is no way currently to cancel a nest - which is really strange in my oppinion.

Canceling a nest would have been immensely usefull back when I accidentally breed the daughter of the dragon I wanted to breed instead of the mother that looked absolutely the same. I had to exalt the children and Parent, search for a new mate for the mother and start the breedingproject over. Yes it was totally my fault - I should have double and tripple checked that it were the right dragons. But considdering it doesn't harm anyone if I had canceled the nest (if there had been the option) I don't see how the first no support came to be? Like really what is the harm?

The cooldown of the dragons should stay intact of course (meaning it ticks down like it would have if the breeding wouldn't have been aborted). Instead of a 'nest cooldown' not allowing another canceling I propose a small treasure fee. NOT hatching dragons should not be punished by making that nestunavailable for another cancelation for however many turns - there are lore projects who would need this feature too (like a single child lore nest ACTUALLY having only one egg - not 4 because RNG decided to do its own thing).

Support.

There is no way currently to cancel a nest - which is really strange in my oppinion.

Canceling a nest would have been immensely usefull back when I accidentally breed the daughter of the dragon I wanted to breed instead of the mother that looked absolutely the same. I had to exalt the children and Parent, search for a new mate for the mother and start the breedingproject over. Yes it was totally my fault - I should have double and tripple checked that it were the right dragons. But considdering it doesn't harm anyone if I had canceled the nest (if there had been the option) I don't see how the first no support came to be? Like really what is the harm?

The cooldown of the dragons should stay intact of course (meaning it ticks down like it would have if the breeding wouldn't have been aborted). Instead of a 'nest cooldown' not allowing another canceling I propose a small treasure fee. NOT hatching dragons should not be punished by making that nestunavailable for another cancelation for however many turns - there are lore projects who would need this feature too (like a single child lore nest ACTUALLY having only one egg - not 4 because RNG decided to do its own thing).

I was just talking to a friend today about this, and he has another good point in support of this: the unhatched eggs we find have to have come from somewhere!

We already have lore for "rescuing" the eggs from the Beastclans, but the Beastclans themselves obviously aren't laying dragon eggs. It could be fit in with the site lore that some of the eggs we find are orphaned from "abandoned" nests!*

*(I do want to make it clear that I'm not advocating the discarded eggs actually go into circulation or affect what comes out of the eggs we can find onsite. So discarded nests wouldn't affect the number/rarity/contents of found eggs: it'd just be a little bit of lore)
I was just talking to a friend today about this, and he has another good point in support of this: the unhatched eggs we find have to have come from somewhere!

We already have lore for "rescuing" the eggs from the Beastclans, but the Beastclans themselves obviously aren't laying dragon eggs. It could be fit in with the site lore that some of the eggs we find are orphaned from "abandoned" nests!*

*(I do want to make it clear that I'm not advocating the discarded eggs actually go into circulation or affect what comes out of the eggs we can find onsite. So discarded nests wouldn't affect the number/rarity/contents of found eggs: it'd just be a little bit of lore)
he/they
Still looking for a copy of Accent: Grand Romance! :')
[quote name="Keestal" date=2017-04-23 16:50:34] Personally, 4 of my dragons are in the nesting grounds and I wanted to exalt all four. They only delayed the inevitable. [/quote] [b]No Support[/b] Reason: There's already a tool for the impatient, it's this: [item="Boon of Fertility"] Too expensive? Well, wait it out like everyone else then.
Keestal wrote on 2017-04-23:

No Support

Reason: There's already a tool for the impatient, it's this:
Boon of Fertility

Too expensive? Well, wait it out like everyone else then.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
1 2 3 4