Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Numbers in Dragon Names
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Eternality" date=2017-04-24 05:28:35] I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks. [/quote] We have a ton of mecha skins in game, and the Lightning Flight/Golem Workshop motif is completely lore canon. Tons of people have robotic dragons/automatons in their lore. I used to but it really bothered me that I couldn't use the name I wanted so I ended up exalting him. Some people have mad scientists and their creations, etc. Lots of people have all kinds of different lore. Might not be your kind of lore, but you have the option not to use it. And again... Fan dragons.
Eternality wrote on 2017-04-24:
I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks.

We have a ton of mecha skins in game, and the Lightning Flight/Golem Workshop motif is completely lore canon. Tons of people have robotic dragons/automatons in their lore. I used to but it really bothered me that I couldn't use the name I wanted so I ended up exalting him.

Some people have mad scientists and their creations, etc. Lots of people have all kinds of different lore. Might not be your kind of lore, but you have the option not to use it.

And again... Fan dragons.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2017-04-24 05:39:59] I support. And spaces too. Please? IMO, 14141353516 looks way better than the lovely Snotlocker I got stuck with in one of my lineages. [/quote] yes please on both counts
gemajgall wrote on 2017-04-24:
I support. And spaces too. Please?

IMO, 14141353516 looks way better than the lovely Snotlocker I got stuck with in one of my lineages.

yes please on both counts
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
Isn't it kind of a little silly to not support because you don't want to see those kinds of names? No one's making you do it. And if you don't want to see them on your offspring list... I mean, is 27 all that different than TwentySeven?

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you're not prepared to see your offspring named FartBubbleBob and exalted, then maybe you shouldn't sell dragons. It doesn't matter what price you sell them for, that power is completely out of your hands.

To get back to the actual suggestion, full support. Also, I'd love to someday see a way to add special characters like apostrophes without breaking the coding, but baby steps.
Isn't it kind of a little silly to not support because you don't want to see those kinds of names? No one's making you do it. And if you don't want to see them on your offspring list... I mean, is 27 all that different than TwentySeven?

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you're not prepared to see your offspring named FartBubbleBob and exalted, then maybe you shouldn't sell dragons. It doesn't matter what price you sell them for, that power is completely out of your hands.

To get back to the actual suggestion, full support. Also, I'd love to someday see a way to add special characters like apostrophes without breaking the coding, but baby steps.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I think some people are forgetting 'legacy names' X Y Z the Third or things like that. So, yes, some humans DO use numbers in their names.

I would support spaces, numbers, and apostrophes,, but please, no other special characters. While I do understand it is not my dragon if I sell it, I would really prefer not to see emoticons or hearts or things like that all over my lists if at all possible. I could live with numbers and the rest.
I think some people are forgetting 'legacy names' X Y Z the Third or things like that. So, yes, some humans DO use numbers in their names.

I would support spaces, numbers, and apostrophes,, but please, no other special characters. While I do understand it is not my dragon if I sell it, I would really prefer not to see emoticons or hearts or things like that all over my lists if at all possible. I could live with numbers and the rest.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support. There are a lot of fandragons that have silly looking names because of the current restrictions.
Support. There are a lot of fandragons that have silly looking names because of the current restrictions.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
i do not see any problem with that.

i would have used numbers in my first dragon's name, had i had the opportunity.

i think the problem with the traditional apostrophe is that it can add an unwanted backslash, using up another character. i do not remember how many characters are in a name, but it can be a deal-or-no-deal situation.

it might only be me, but the backslash also does not look that great in a name. might only be me, would not want to force my point of view on others, after all
i do not see any problem with that.

i would have used numbers in my first dragon's name, had i had the opportunity.

i think the problem with the traditional apostrophe is that it can add an unwanted backslash, using up another character. i do not remember how many characters are in a name, but it can be a deal-or-no-deal situation.

it might only be me, but the backslash also does not look that great in a name. might only be me, would not want to force my point of view on others, after all
I fully support this. I also see no reason we can't have spaces, as long as a name of JUST spaces came back with an error. You may think dragons with numbers for names look 'ugly', but really, there are far uglier names that are allowed now.
I fully support this. I also see no reason we can't have spaces, as long as a name of JUST spaces came back with an error. You may think dragons with numbers for names look 'ugly', but really, there are far uglier names that are allowed now.
You have my support, I've wanted to name a dragon with a number for a very longggg time.
You have my support, I've wanted to name a dragon with a number for a very longggg time.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
Some valid points have been raised about other characters, but from a coding standpoint I don't know how those would work.

I know that numbers are totally safe so I'll keep gunning for that.

Not sure how spaces or dashes would work in the code, though.

The most annoying thing is that when I try to name my dragon DRG716, the error says "Must be alphanumeric characters". It is.

So the error message is actually an error >.>
Some valid points have been raised about other characters, but from a coding standpoint I don't know how those would work.

I know that numbers are totally safe so I'll keep gunning for that.

Not sure how spaces or dashes would work in the code, though.

The most annoying thing is that when I try to name my dragon DRG716, the error says "Must be alphanumeric characters". It is.

So the error message is actually an error >.>
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
This may be harder to mod though, since you could easily write out swear words using numbers.
This may be harder to mod though, since you could easily write out swear words using numbers.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
1 2 3 4 5