Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Numbers in Dragon Names
1 2 3 4 5
Exactly what the title says.

Let us use numbers in Dragon names. Our usernames are Alphanumeric, so why not names?

I know a lot of people with robotic dragons in their lore, or who have fandragons that would otherwise have numbers in them. Or people with numbers in their username who want to have a self dragon, for example.

It would also be useful for people with projects, etc.

I'd rather my fandragon be named DRG716 than SevenOneSix.

When I try to name DRG716 I get the following message:

"Your request could not be completed for the following reasons:
Names must be alphanumeric."

It is alphanumeric. So this error message is incorrect. Please let us use numbers for the reasons listed beforehand.

I'm not sure about other characters like spaces or dashes just from a coding standpoint but those would be nice too. The main point I'm trying to make in this thread is just the numbers, though, because I know those wouldn't break anything.

Exactly what the title says.

Let us use numbers in Dragon names. Our usernames are Alphanumeric, so why not names?

I know a lot of people with robotic dragons in their lore, or who have fandragons that would otherwise have numbers in them. Or people with numbers in their username who want to have a self dragon, for example.

It would also be useful for people with projects, etc.

I'd rather my fandragon be named DRG716 than SevenOneSix.

When I try to name DRG716 I get the following message:

"Your request could not be completed for the following reasons:
Names must be alphanumeric."

It is alphanumeric. So this error message is incorrect. Please let us use numbers for the reasons listed beforehand.

I'm not sure about other characters like spaces or dashes just from a coding standpoint but those would be nice too. The main point I'm trying to make in this thread is just the numbers, though, because I know those wouldn't break anything.

Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
Neutral

You could use Roman Numerals in the meantime.
Neutral

You could use Roman Numerals in the meantime.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
I'd really like to see this be allowed. RtwoDtwo just isn't the same as R2D2.
I'd really like to see this be allowed. RtwoDtwo just isn't the same as R2D2.
I'm going to say support because, like you said, some people have robot dragons and actual numbers would look better than say CVEightEightTwo

If they allowed number in names, I'd probably rename my Terminator dragon T800
(On that note, I also wish they'd allow spaces and special characters)

EDIT: just to clarify, I mean special characters as in ä, ø, ß, ?, etc.
I'm going to say support because, like you said, some people have robot dragons and actual numbers would look better than say CVEightEightTwo

If they allowed number in names, I'd probably rename my Terminator dragon T800
(On that note, I also wish they'd allow spaces and special characters)

EDIT: just to clarify, I mean special characters as in ä, ø, ß, ?, etc.
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks.
I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks.
ah2m9U3.pngfal_150x150_1_100x100.png
I fully support. Numbers don't break coding like special characters do. There is no con into doing it. [quote]I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks.[/quote] For a long long time, Wendat language used the number 8 as a letter (the actual character was ?, but 8 was accept in common usage). It was recently replaced by letters (a w in front of a vowel, or a u otherwise) I think other languages might have used "numbers" in their writing patterns too, and not just for 1337speak.
I fully support. Numbers don't break coding like special characters do. There is no con into doing it.
Quote:

For a long long time, Wendat language used the number 8 as a letter (the actual character was ?, but 8 was accept in common usage). It was recently replaced by letters (a w in front of a vowel, or a u otherwise)

I think other languages might have used "numbers" in their writing patterns too, and not just for 1337speak.
I support. And spaces too. Please?

IMO, 14141353516 looks way better than the lovely Snotlocker I got stuck with in one of my lineages.
I support. And spaces too. Please?

IMO, 14141353516 looks way better than the lovely Snotlocker I got stuck with in one of my lineages.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Eternality" date=2017-04-24 05:28:35] I don't support, dragons are creatures that I don't think would use numbers in their names, a dragon names 14141353516? maybe not thanks. [/quote] I just immediately remembered "We" by Zamyatin, describing the dystopian state where every human has a number instead of a name. XD Support, there are tons of characters that can be used as an inspiration for fandom dragons, like T800 and R2D2 mentioned above. I don't see how it can harm anyone, tbh, and it will be easily searchable and supported/shown by all the computers (unlike non-latin characters that aren't allowed in the names).
Eternality wrote on 2017-04-24:
I just immediately remembered "We" by Zamyatin, describing the dystopian state where every human has a number instead of a name. XD

Support, there are tons of characters that can be used as an inspiration for fandom dragons, like T800 and R2D2 mentioned above. I don't see how it can harm anyone, tbh, and it will be easily searchable and supported/shown by all the computers (unlike non-latin characters that aren't allowed in the names).
Support because why not. Allowing people to make more names is always nice.

Also, what is an "ugly name" is different for each person so "1234567" might look ugly to you but it doesn't matter to others.
Support because why not. Allowing people to make more names is always nice.

Also, what is an "ugly name" is different for each person so "1234567" might look ugly to you but it doesn't matter to others.
uCR5SCW.png
This would be great for some lore stuff. Support!

Roman numerals, while they can look cool, are not terribly space-efficient. ex. check out how the names of this dragon's offspring list keep climbing in length.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=245&tab=dragon&did=355651
This would be great for some lore stuff. Support!

Roman numerals, while they can look cool, are not terribly space-efficient. ex. check out how the names of this dragon's offspring list keep climbing in length.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=245&tab=dragon&did=355651
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 3 4 5