Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Randomize Name when Exalting Dragons
1 2
Why do people keep bringing up the argument that "everyone knows/everything thinks". No, everyone doesn't know. Clearly, if so many people are doing it, then they don't think so, and therefore it's not a problem. No support.

The admins have already made a statement that if a dragon is outside your lair, you have no say in anything, including its name. Exactly how it should be.
Why do people keep bringing up the argument that "everyone knows/everything thinks". No, everyone doesn't know. Clearly, if so many people are doing it, then they don't think so, and therefore it's not a problem. No support.

The admins have already made a statement that if a dragon is outside your lair, you have no say in anything, including its name. Exactly how it should be.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
I agree that unnamed is ugly in an offspring list. It looks untidy and unfinished.

Because I hate it, I name dragons before I sell them. It saves me from the problem of something I find aesthetically objectionable without a system needing to be added that affects everybody else on the site, particularly those with different opinions on the subject.
I agree that unnamed is ugly in an offspring list. It looks untidy and unfinished.

Because I hate it, I name dragons before I sell them. It saves me from the problem of something I find aesthetically objectionable without a system needing to be added that affects everybody else on the site, particularly those with different opinions on the subject.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
No support because the seller is not more important than the buyer.

This is what the staff has said on the subject http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078
Quote:
Dragons and Exalting

We wanted to take a moment to address a sometimes sensitive topic within our community: Dragon ownership, and by extension, what happens to dragons after they’ve been sold, traded, or given away. In order for us to address and resolve some of the problems associated with this, we need to break the situation down:

Exalting: This is a core mechanic of Flight Rising gameplay. The dragon population of Sornieth increases exponentially, lair space is limited, and if players/Flights exalt enough dragons they will win Dominance, earning several bonuses during their Dominance week.

The Issues: Within our community, there are players who feel strongly about where their dragons end up, and some do not want them to be exalted or resold to others. They are very passionate about this subject and in some cases include very strict requirements, terms, and conditions on every dragon they sell, trade, or give away. If the receiving player goes against any of the above, sometimes the breeding player may call them out or blacklist them for perceived scamming, lying, etc. In response to that behavior, there exists another handful of players who will sometimes actively seek out these sellers with terms and exalt their former dragons with the goal of upsetting them.

So, why is this happening? Some players who do not want dragons they’ve given away, traded, or sold exalted or resold have made it clear to us they feel they are being harassed, and other players are using those feelings as leverage to do just that. Technically, yes, these sellers are being targeted by those who wish to upset them.

HOWEVER, trying to control how another person plays Flight Rising and calling them out for not doing so is also harassment.

For clarity, we feel that it’s best we state our stance to the community:

Once you have given away, traded, or sold a dragon from your lair, it is no longer under your ownership; it belongs to the new owner and they are free to do as they wish with the dragon. No exceptions.

That is not to say either side of this issue is absolved or protected by this stance, especially if the express intent is to harass. Dictating to others how they should play Flight Rising is harassment. Seeking out players who have conditions for the dragons and expressly going against those to upset them (i.e. taking advantage of our stance) is harassment.

As with all harassment reports, we heavily research, investigate, and issue penalties based on intent.
No support because the seller is not more important than the buyer.

This is what the staff has said on the subject http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078
Quote:
Dragons and Exalting

We wanted to take a moment to address a sometimes sensitive topic within our community: Dragon ownership, and by extension, what happens to dragons after they’ve been sold, traded, or given away. In order for us to address and resolve some of the problems associated with this, we need to break the situation down:

Exalting: This is a core mechanic of Flight Rising gameplay. The dragon population of Sornieth increases exponentially, lair space is limited, and if players/Flights exalt enough dragons they will win Dominance, earning several bonuses during their Dominance week.

The Issues: Within our community, there are players who feel strongly about where their dragons end up, and some do not want them to be exalted or resold to others. They are very passionate about this subject and in some cases include very strict requirements, terms, and conditions on every dragon they sell, trade, or give away. If the receiving player goes against any of the above, sometimes the breeding player may call them out or blacklist them for perceived scamming, lying, etc. In response to that behavior, there exists another handful of players who will sometimes actively seek out these sellers with terms and exalt their former dragons with the goal of upsetting them.

So, why is this happening? Some players who do not want dragons they’ve given away, traded, or sold exalted or resold have made it clear to us they feel they are being harassed, and other players are using those feelings as leverage to do just that. Technically, yes, these sellers are being targeted by those who wish to upset them.

HOWEVER, trying to control how another person plays Flight Rising and calling them out for not doing so is also harassment.

For clarity, we feel that it’s best we state our stance to the community:

Once you have given away, traded, or sold a dragon from your lair, it is no longer under your ownership; it belongs to the new owner and they are free to do as they wish with the dragon. No exceptions.

That is not to say either side of this issue is absolved or protected by this stance, especially if the express intent is to harass. Dictating to others how they should play Flight Rising is harassment. Seeking out players who have conditions for the dragons and expressly going against those to upset them (i.e. taking advantage of our stance) is harassment.

As with all harassment reports, we heavily research, investigate, and issue penalties based on intent.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-04-22 17:27:22] Unnamed isn't ugly. It's just a name. Refrigerator, Warts, Toe and WingWing aren't better than Unnamed, yet, they're all options in the naming generator. So is Forsaken. Are these really better names? Name before selling. This is the ONLY thing you have to do. [/quote] This literally sums up the my entire argument against this suggestion. The random name generator has [i]way[/i] worse names than just 'Unnamed'. If you want to prevent unnamed exalts, don't sell a dragon unnamed.
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-04-22:
Unnamed isn't ugly. It's just a name.

Refrigerator, Warts, Toe and WingWing aren't better than Unnamed, yet, they're all options in the naming generator. So is Forsaken.

Are these really better names?

Name before selling. This is the ONLY thing you have to do.

This literally sums up the my entire argument against this suggestion. The random name generator has way worse names than just 'Unnamed'. If you want to prevent unnamed exalts, don't sell a dragon unnamed.
Tn4aWhc.png
As per the usual arguments against this:

1. Some people deliberately leave dragons unnamed for lore reasons. They should be permitted to.

2. Don't like the name unnamed? Name the dragon before you sell it yourself. What happens to a dragon after it leaves your hands has been established to be out of your control, lest malicious intent comes into play.

3. Unnamed is not inherently ugly. I genuinely do not care if there's unnamed in a dragon's offspring list. To each their own.
As per the usual arguments against this:

1. Some people deliberately leave dragons unnamed for lore reasons. They should be permitted to.

2. Don't like the name unnamed? Name the dragon before you sell it yourself. What happens to a dragon after it leaves your hands has been established to be out of your control, lest malicious intent comes into play.

3. Unnamed is not inherently ugly. I genuinely do not care if there's unnamed in a dragon's offspring list. To each their own.
uCR5SCW.png
No support

I've had people name dragons they bought from me much worse then just unnamed, I can deal with that but seeing names like "stabbymcstabbins" or "stinkytoes" I don't like that. But once a dragon is bought from me it's no longer my dragon

Besides the staff is working on a function to hide offspring list or unnamed dragons in an offspring list. Least if i recall correctly, not sure when they will implement it but it will be one day
No support

I've had people name dragons they bought from me much worse then just unnamed, I can deal with that but seeing names like "stabbymcstabbins" or "stinkytoes" I don't like that. But once a dragon is bought from me it's no longer my dragon

Besides the staff is working on a function to hide offspring list or unnamed dragons in an offspring list. Least if i recall correctly, not sure when they will implement it but it will be one day
DVcXRyP.png
1 2