Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | User Interface/Experience Suggestions
1 2
When I navigate between the Hoard and Vault, don't reset me back to the "Food" tab every single time. On the "Food" tab in my hoard, don't reset my "sort" setting (plants, meat, etc) after I convert food or store it in the vault. When I click the "Arrange Lair" button, don't reset me back to the first page of my lair. Jump me to the lair page that I was on. While rearranging my lair, have shortcut buttons to move a dragon to the very first or very last page. When I hatch a nest, give me an option to return to the nesting grounds instead of dumping me on the first page of my lair. I either have more nests to hatch or want to start a new nest, so I always navigate back there anyway. Apparel and familiars should stack in the Hoard like everything else does, instead of having numerous stacks of '1'. (It's a pain to send these items to your Vault one-by-one.) If you are viewing a dragon who lives on, say, page 6 of your lair and click the "back" button by the dragon's name, it will dump you back at page 1. It should instead return you to the same lair page the dragon is on. [img]http://i.imgur.com/eOauVRC.png[/img] Show a dragon's auction price on hover. [img]http://imgur.com/EE5xYNy.png[/img] Cancel your dragon's auction from their profile. [img]http://imgur.com/o14uLRn.png[/img] If your dragon cannot be put up for auction or exalted, gray out those buttons. [img]http://imgur.com/J4Zgadw.png[/img] Thanks for reading! :)
When I navigate between the Hoard and Vault, don't reset me back to the "Food" tab every single time.

On the "Food" tab in my hoard, don't reset my "sort" setting (plants, meat, etc) after I convert food or store it in the vault.

When I click the "Arrange Lair" button, don't reset me back to the first page of my lair. Jump me to the lair page that I was on.

While rearranging my lair, have shortcut buttons to move a dragon to the very first or very last page.

When I hatch a nest, give me an option to return to the nesting grounds instead of dumping me on the first page of my lair. I either have more nests to hatch or want to start a new nest, so I always navigate back there anyway.

Apparel and familiars should stack in the Hoard like everything else does, instead of having numerous stacks of '1'. (It's a pain to send these items to your Vault one-by-one.)

If you are viewing a dragon who lives on, say, page 6 of your lair and click the "back" button by the dragon's name, it will dump you back at page 1. It should instead return you to the same lair page the dragon is on.
eOauVRC.png

Show a dragon's auction price on hover.
EE5xYNy.png

Cancel your dragon's auction from their profile.
o14uLRn.png

If your dragon cannot be put up for auction or exalted, gray out those buttons.
J4Zgadw.png

Thanks for reading! :)
All of these are little quality of life streamlines that'd make day-to-day site navigation a smoother experience. I highly support.
All of these are little quality of life streamlines that'd make day-to-day site navigation a smoother experience. I highly support.
ShpX9LV.png
[quote name="Buffykiev" date=2017-04-22 10:48:06] I support all of these except apparel / familiar stacking. That could be potentially dangerous as someone could sell ten of one familiar for the price of one by mistake, and etc. I prefer those stay separate, even though it's annoying to move them. (Another good thing would be to have a 'select all' buttons in every part of the hoard and vault. I'm dying for that) Everything else, yes yes yes, especially the greyed out auction / exalt buttons! Many of these things bugged me and you mentioned things I never thought of before but I support nonetheless. [/quote] This is exactly how I feel. And one more thing. Is it possible to make listing on the AH less scroll intensive? If I sell food mid-way down my food collection hoard, can the site not kick me back to the top of the page so I have to scroll and scroll and search to find where I left off? If possible, please do.
Buffykiev wrote on 2017-04-22:
I support all of these except apparel / familiar stacking. That could be potentially dangerous as someone could sell ten of one familiar for the price of one by mistake, and etc. I prefer those stay separate, even though it's annoying to move them. (Another good thing would be to have a 'select all' buttons in every part of the hoard and vault. I'm dying for that)

Everything else, yes yes yes, especially the greyed out auction / exalt buttons! Many of these things bugged me and you mentioned things I never thought of before but I support nonetheless.
This is exactly how I feel.

And one more thing. Is it possible to make listing on the AH less scroll intensive? If I sell food mid-way down my food collection hoard, can the site not kick me back to the top of the page so I have to scroll and scroll and search to find where I left off? If possible, please do.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
ALL of these, PLEASE!!
So much support
ALL of these, PLEASE!!
So much support
tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png
Don't forget ALWAYS being able to read this dribblecrap that's on every single skin for no reason and not being able to read the only thing that changes, the whole useful thing in this whole popup. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/69923df7ce7b4aea606549d4cb3718dc/tumblr_ootrj3ljjF1s17h0uo1_400.png[/img] I have 22 pages of skins. Why can't I sort them by breed or gender or heck, even alphabetical, anything remotely useful other than "id number"
Don't forget ALWAYS being able to read this dribblecrap that's on every single skin for no reason and not being able to read the only thing that changes, the whole useful thing in this whole popup.
tumblr_ootrj3ljjF1s17h0uo1_400.png

I have 22 pages of skins. Why can't I sort them by breed or gender or heck, even alphabetical, anything remotely useful other than "id number"
Y3kY2LN.png
Please!
It drives me nuts to be dumped on page 1 of lair so often!
Please!
It drives me nuts to be dumped on page 1 of lair so often!
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
@Buffykiev

I see your point about accidentally selling stacks, however expensive things like genes stack in the specialty tab. So that's already something users have to be aware of. Plus when you list in the AH, it defaults to selling just 1 item of a stack.

Glad you support the other ideas, though. :) I've been compiling them for awhile now.

@TCA @gemajgall @arourallis @SeaGodling

Thank you for the support :>
@Buffykiev

I see your point about accidentally selling stacks, however expensive things like genes stack in the specialty tab. So that's already something users have to be aware of. Plus when you list in the AH, it defaults to selling just 1 item of a stack.

Glad you support the other ideas, though. :) I've been compiling them for awhile now.

@TCA @gemajgall @arourallis @SeaGodling

Thank you for the support :>
You're welcome but please don't ping me.
You're welcome but please don't ping me.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I am SO SORRY! I read your sig yesterday but forgot when I wrote my reply just now. Here's an internet cookie in apology :[ [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/6Nt5hRfsh3g4g/giphy.gif[/img]
I am SO SORRY! I read your sig yesterday but forgot when I wrote my reply just now.

Here's an internet cookie in apology :[

giphy.gif
Except for the familiar and clothing stacking, I like all of these suggestions. It's a good point that genes are also expensive, perhaps they should also not stack, especially since they now have their own tab.
Except for the familiar and clothing stacking, I like all of these suggestions. It's a good point that genes are also expensive, perhaps they should also not stack, especially since they now have their own tab.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
1 2