Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Bond-All Button
1 2 3 4 5
This was suggested 3-4 years prior and didn't see any light so I'm suggesting it again.

A bond-all button which works like the Feeding button, for people who have too many familiars and can't bond with them all because it takes way too long.

It's a lot of loading pages over and over and it does take a ridiculously long time when you get up to 3-4 pages of dragons, I feel bad for people who have a full lair and all dragons with familiars. I've been struggling to bond with all my familiars as is because it takes a long time.

Please implement a bond-all button for familiars.
This was suggested 3-4 years prior and didn't see any light so I'm suggesting it again.

A bond-all button which works like the Feeding button, for people who have too many familiars and can't bond with them all because it takes way too long.

It's a lot of loading pages over and over and it does take a ridiculously long time when you get up to 3-4 pages of dragons, I feel bad for people who have a full lair and all dragons with familiars. I've been struggling to bond with all my familiars as is because it takes a long time.

Please implement a bond-all button for familiars.
Even at just three pages, bonding familiars is kind of the one daily thing I don't look forward to doing despite the rewards. Just, "Ugh, here's the tedious part."

Definite support.
Even at just three pages, bonding familiars is kind of the one daily thing I don't look forward to doing despite the rewards. Just, "Ugh, here's the tedious part."

Definite support.
100% support, though I enjoyed getting to see all of my familiars at first, it got old fast. @_@
100% support, though I enjoyed getting to see all of my familiars at first, it got old fast. @_@
image.png
"If to feel pain is my fate, then I have just one thing to say: Here in my scar-covered heart, color will always exist!"
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
image.png
I have too many familiars and I 100% agree with the bond-all button, but I think it would ruin the challenge of getting rare chests! :o

If the mods decide to implement the button, I think it should be bought! Really expensive in gems, or something. Maybe even real cash to have more support for the game. I would definitely spend a couple hundred gems for this! uvu

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, maybe there could be a list? Like... you have to spend 50 gems to add another familiar to the list. Just like dragon apparel; start out with four slots and continue to add familiars to the chart. Of course the slots are bought empty! Once a familiar becomes awakened you can switch it with another. I know nothing about coding. I think this would take quite a bit of it, tbh. I would just really enjoy this being a thing!
I have too many familiars and I 100% agree with the bond-all button, but I think it would ruin the challenge of getting rare chests! :o

If the mods decide to implement the button, I think it should be bought! Really expensive in gems, or something. Maybe even real cash to have more support for the game. I would definitely spend a couple hundred gems for this! uvu

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, maybe there could be a list? Like... you have to spend 50 gems to add another familiar to the list. Just like dragon apparel; start out with four slots and continue to add familiars to the chart. Of course the slots are bought empty! Once a familiar becomes awakened you can switch it with another. I know nothing about coding. I think this would take quite a bit of it, tbh. I would just really enjoy this being a thing!
PDNmiBP.png call me font
my art shop
your typical taurus
+3 FR time
Actually I think the last time this was suggested was probably about a month ago. It HAS been a while (relatively) since I last saw one of these suggestions.

however, no support.

Bonding with familiars is not a mandatory part of the site, and is completely optional. If you don't have the time to bond with the familiars, then don't bond with them.

There are many reasons I don't support one.

1. Lag. Feeding dragons is a lot different than bonding with familars. For feeding dragons, it is mostly a bunch of mathematical operations: Figure out what DragonA eats, how much they need to eat, do that with all the dragons in the lair, add together like and subtract it from food on hand and point out if there is not enough.

For bonding though, for each familiar it has to read the bonding status (whether it has been bonded that day), then it has to read bonding level (where it is at, wary - awakened, and how far in each one it is). Then it has to determine what changes to make. If the familiar only gets a +1 bond added to it, it has to output coins, if it is a +1 level it has to put out coins and chest. It has to determine how many coins and what type of chest to output. Then it has to write all the changes to the familiar entry. THEN output rewards. For 1 familiar, I already notice a bit of lag in the popup. Imagine how it would be for 10 familiars, for 20, for 200. (you also didn't mention if this is for ALL familiars or only for ones attached) One person doing this could cause lag enough, but imagine, again 50 people doing this all within a short amount of time (when they get up, shortly before they log off etc..)

2. Effort. Bonding with familiars CAN be quite lucrative (at least I think so) in terms of the chests and drops you get from those chests. There should be more effort involved with getting those rewards than clicking one button a day to get multiple rewards. IE, if I start from wary, I shouldn't have to click 1 button a day for 90 days (not sure how long it takes to get a familiar to awakened) to get 200 gilded chests (assuming I am at dragon limit with only familiars attached being bonded).

3. Economy. While the monetary rewards can seem somewhat paltry, they add up, fairly quickly if you have a lot of dragons and/or familiars. Putting this much treasure into the system through one click a day could easily unbalance the economy even more. This is especially true if you meant that ALL familiars are bonded and not just ones attached. (ie all that are attached, in your inventory, and vault) For one person the numbers add up quickly, imagine about 90% of the online users using this every day for all their familiars?

4. Lore. Since bonding is supposed to be dragons bonding with familiars, it doesn't make sense that one click would do it. To me that is like gathering all your friends in one room, leaning in, smiling and then saying, I just bonded with you, leave your gifts at the door.

5. revenue. Flight Rising makes at least part of their income from ads. While a lot of people do use adblock, many people have white listed FR and adding a bond all button would reduce the numerous page loads to pretty much two. One to get to the button and one after the button is clicked.

I do support a more streamlined way to bond, still requiring page loads for ads sake, but ONLY for familiars attached to dragons. While I at one time supported going through the bestiary, I have since changed my mind to wanting the bond buttons for familiars to be on the lair page. You no longer have to load each individual dragon's page to bond, and have 20 bond buttons all in one easy to click place.

I would also support a more streamlined way to change familiars and easier ways to know whether a familiar has been bonded that day and what level that familiar is at.
Actually I think the last time this was suggested was probably about a month ago. It HAS been a while (relatively) since I last saw one of these suggestions.

however, no support.

Bonding with familiars is not a mandatory part of the site, and is completely optional. If you don't have the time to bond with the familiars, then don't bond with them.

There are many reasons I don't support one.

1. Lag. Feeding dragons is a lot different than bonding with familars. For feeding dragons, it is mostly a bunch of mathematical operations: Figure out what DragonA eats, how much they need to eat, do that with all the dragons in the lair, add together like and subtract it from food on hand and point out if there is not enough.

For bonding though, for each familiar it has to read the bonding status (whether it has been bonded that day), then it has to read bonding level (where it is at, wary - awakened, and how far in each one it is). Then it has to determine what changes to make. If the familiar only gets a +1 bond added to it, it has to output coins, if it is a +1 level it has to put out coins and chest. It has to determine how many coins and what type of chest to output. Then it has to write all the changes to the familiar entry. THEN output rewards. For 1 familiar, I already notice a bit of lag in the popup. Imagine how it would be for 10 familiars, for 20, for 200. (you also didn't mention if this is for ALL familiars or only for ones attached) One person doing this could cause lag enough, but imagine, again 50 people doing this all within a short amount of time (when they get up, shortly before they log off etc..)

2. Effort. Bonding with familiars CAN be quite lucrative (at least I think so) in terms of the chests and drops you get from those chests. There should be more effort involved with getting those rewards than clicking one button a day to get multiple rewards. IE, if I start from wary, I shouldn't have to click 1 button a day for 90 days (not sure how long it takes to get a familiar to awakened) to get 200 gilded chests (assuming I am at dragon limit with only familiars attached being bonded).

3. Economy. While the monetary rewards can seem somewhat paltry, they add up, fairly quickly if you have a lot of dragons and/or familiars. Putting this much treasure into the system through one click a day could easily unbalance the economy even more. This is especially true if you meant that ALL familiars are bonded and not just ones attached. (ie all that are attached, in your inventory, and vault) For one person the numbers add up quickly, imagine about 90% of the online users using this every day for all their familiars?

4. Lore. Since bonding is supposed to be dragons bonding with familiars, it doesn't make sense that one click would do it. To me that is like gathering all your friends in one room, leaning in, smiling and then saying, I just bonded with you, leave your gifts at the door.

5. revenue. Flight Rising makes at least part of their income from ads. While a lot of people do use adblock, many people have white listed FR and adding a bond all button would reduce the numerous page loads to pretty much two. One to get to the button and one after the button is clicked.

I do support a more streamlined way to bond, still requiring page loads for ads sake, but ONLY for familiars attached to dragons. While I at one time supported going through the bestiary, I have since changed my mind to wanting the bond buttons for familiars to be on the lair page. You no longer have to load each individual dragon's page to bond, and have 20 bond buttons all in one easy to click place.

I would also support a more streamlined way to change familiars and easier ways to know whether a familiar has been bonded that day and what level that familiar is at.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
This is actually suggested quite a lot.

Personally, I don't support it. The point in bonding is to spend work getting the rewards from familiars, not getting them all in a single click. You could potentially get a lot of gilded chests in a day from this, just from a single click.
This is actually suggested quite a lot.

Personally, I don't support it. The point in bonding is to spend work getting the rewards from familiars, not getting them all in a single click. You could potentially get a lot of gilded chests in a day from this, just from a single click.
I could possibly see a bond all button if it only worked for already awakened familiars. For any of the unawakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the unawakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 unawakened familiars for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I wouldn't mind a way to bond your familiars from the lair page by clicking on the little familiar icon or through the beastiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon
I could possibly see a bond all button if it only worked for already awakened familiars. For any of the unawakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the unawakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 unawakened familiars for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I wouldn't mind a way to bond your familiars from the lair page by clicking on the little familiar icon or through the beastiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 500 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 25,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap "takes way too long." Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 500 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 25,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap "takes way too long." Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I support for the first stage only, the one where you get like 15 treasure a day

After this? You're on your own
I support for the first stage only, the one where you get like 15 treasure a day

After this? You're on your own
Also forgot another alternative I would support.

A bond all, but no rewards at all given. The rewards would restart a random number of bondings (individually, so familiar A might be 5 bondings while B might be 2) after the last time the bond all button was used. This way if you want all your familiars at awakened you can get it there, but without impacting the economy. (would still have to find a way around the lag, though if there were no rewards needed to be calculated, then it might not be so bad)
Also forgot another alternative I would support.

A bond all, but no rewards at all given. The rewards would restart a random number of bondings (individually, so familiar A might be 5 bondings while B might be 2) after the last time the bond all button was used. This way if you want all your familiars at awakened you can get it there, but without impacting the economy. (would still have to find a way around the lag, though if there were no rewards needed to be calculated, then it might not be so bad)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5