Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Re-release Boolean [Discussion]
1 2 3 4 5
[quote=@Grune]I just don't really understand the backlash against this.[/quote] I don't know about other people, but I was for all holiday items retiring until the Joxar boxes. It makes it so that there is nothing for newer players to collect that will ever get them close to having those old items that they want, because nothing will retain value. Everything produced by the site will lose value. The best bet for new kids is to make really nice skins and accents. If that kind of visual arts isn't your thing, then you might as well not play if you want to collect things (which is the biggest point of the game after breeding the dragons). In my view, if administration is so dead-set on not having retired holiday items, then [i]don't have them[/i]. But don't have it both ways, because then that just looks like favoritism. But that only applies to holiday items. Because holiday items aren't all that special. We get them every month. They were bought with the very same currency we buy our holiday items with today. As I think about it more, I guess I think that the downtime familiars shouldn't be retired. They should just be brought out whenever there's downtime. And then the holiday items, which should either all be retired, or they all shouldn't. Boolean and KS are fine as they are (though ought to get their own bestiary). The Boolean was bought with a service done to the site, and KS items were bought with faith and real world currency.
@Grune wrote:
I just don't really understand the backlash against this.
I don't know about other people, but I was for all holiday items retiring until the Joxar boxes. It makes it so that there is nothing for newer players to collect that will ever get them close to having those old items that they want, because nothing will retain value. Everything produced by the site will lose value. The best bet for new kids is to make really nice skins and accents. If that kind of visual arts isn't your thing, then you might as well not play if you want to collect things (which is the biggest point of the game after breeding the dragons).

In my view, if administration is so dead-set on not having retired holiday items, then don't have them. But don't have it both ways, because then that just looks like favoritism.

But that only applies to holiday items. Because holiday items aren't all that special. We get them every month. They were bought with the very same currency we buy our holiday items with today.

As I think about it more, I guess I think that the downtime familiars shouldn't be retired. They should just be brought out whenever there's downtime. And then the holiday items, which should either all be retired, or they all shouldn't. Boolean and KS are fine as they are (though ought to get their own bestiary). The Boolean was bought with a service done to the site, and KS items were bought with faith and real world currency.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I never heard of a site re-releasing their beta stuff after their beta ended though. I personally couldnt care as i got no intrest in obtsining a boolean but would be nice if i could borrow one, awaken it and the entry would remain colored when i returned it.

I do agree with the statement that the staff seems to favour their old userbase more then their new one, it may not be their intention but yeah
I never heard of a site re-releasing their beta stuff after their beta ended though. I personally couldnt care as i got no intrest in obtsining a boolean but would be nice if i could borrow one, awaken it and the entry would remain colored when i returned it.

I do agree with the statement that the staff seems to favour their old userbase more then their new one, it may not be their intention but yeah
DVcXRyP.png
Sure, leave the beta and KS stuff retired, that's fair to the people that worked to make the site happen. But it does feel unfair to newer players that they won't do for the sprites what they did for the bears. With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?

I don't know how intense the Coliseum revamp will be, or any further site re-writes, but if they were to have the Boolean EVER make another appearance, it should be for the same reasons it was given out to begin with. And that's it.
Sure, leave the beta and KS stuff retired, that's fair to the people that worked to make the site happen. But it does feel unfair to newer players that they won't do for the sprites what they did for the bears. With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?

I don't know how intense the Coliseum revamp will be, or any further site re-writes, but if they were to have the Boolean EVER make another appearance, it should be for the same reasons it was given out to begin with. And that's it.
tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png
@apocalyptichorse the problem with that is that's not how the entries work. Even if you awaken it, once it's out of your account the entry is gone. The only thing you'd get to keep is the achievement
@apocalyptichorse the problem with that is that's not how the entries work. Even if you awaken it, once it's out of your account the entry is gone. The only thing you'd get to keep is the achievement
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote]With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?[/quote] Unopened skin chests still retire, so do anniversary items. Depending if Marva goes back to chests next year, Marva's chests retire too
Quote:
With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?

Unopened skin chests still retire, so do anniversary items. Depending if Marva goes back to chests next year, Marva's chests retire too
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-04-22 17:16:49] [quote]With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?[/quote] Unopened skin chests still retire, so do anniversary items. Depending if Marva goes back to chests next year, Marva's chests retire too [/quote] Does the skin chest really retain value if the skin itself cycles?
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-04-22:
Quote:
With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?

Unopened skin chests still retire, so do anniversary items. Depending if Marva goes back to chests next year, Marva's chests retire too
Does the skin chest really retain value if the skin itself cycles?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date=2017-04-22 18:42:43] [quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-04-22 17:16:49] [quote]With festival items coming back, new players have NO way to invest in items, how is that fair?[/quote] Unopened skin chests still retire, so do anniversary items. Depending if Marva goes back to chests next year, Marva's chests retire too [/quote] Does the skin chest really retain value if the skin itself cycles? [/quote] There are skin chests collectors, so yes
Almedha wrote on 2017-04-22:
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-04-22:
Quote:

Does the skin chest really retain value if the skin itself cycles?

There are skin chests collectors, so yes
I can't support this. I don't even support bringing back the retired festival items, but the kickstarter items are in a league even beyond that. Devaluing the special thankyou item for those who actually risked money hoping this site would launch is unacceptable.
I can't support this. I don't even support bringing back the retired festival items, but the kickstarter items are in a league even beyond that. Devaluing the special thankyou item for those who actually risked money hoping this site would launch is unacceptable.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill

Booleans aren't kickstarter, they where for beta testing. But the site still wouldn't be around with those people, so I think it would still be an unacceptable thing to do.
@Ygdrasill

Booleans aren't kickstarter, they where for beta testing. But the site still wouldn't be around with those people, so I think it would still be an unacceptable thing to do.
No support for un-retireing anything. There are enough items and literally hundreds of familiars available as it is, so let the beta testers keep their special one unique?
No support for un-retireing anything. There are enough items and literally hundreds of familiars available as it is, so let the beta testers keep their special one unique?
66MHIIb.png
1 2 3 4 5