Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Boon of infertility
1 2
Basically it'd be the opposite of the boon of fertility, where it couldn't allow a dragon to be bred permanently.

Something like this would be really helpful in preventing accidental breeding pair, as well as be an addition to lore for those who have same gender pairs.
Basically it'd be the opposite of the boon of fertility, where it couldn't allow a dragon to be bred permanently.

Something like this would be really helpful in preventing accidental breeding pair, as well as be an addition to lore for those who have same gender pairs.
As long as it made the dragon impossible to sell/crossroads, sure, support.
As long as it made the dragon impossible to sell/crossroads, sure, support.
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Item binds the dragon to the clan while the effect is active. Else it can be abused for Dragon DRM (a big no-no)
  • Effect can be negated with a boon of fertility. Cooldown ticks anew after negation, dragon becomes unbound.
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Item binds the dragon to the clan while the effect is active. Else it can be abused for Dragon DRM (a big no-no)
  • Effect can be negated with a boon of fertility. Cooldown ticks anew after negation, dragon becomes unbound.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
The idea sounds like fun lore-wise. But surely that should bind the dragon to the clan, and the effect somehow cancellable.
The idea sounds like fun lore-wise. But surely that should bind the dragon to the clan, and the effect somehow cancellable.
(link↓)
- Yftm's Skin Shop -
by @Yftm with @Mikann
I personally would prefer another suggestion: Pacifist Pledges and Abstinence agreements.

It handles both coliseum and breeding areas and boils down to two check boxes that you can check on each dragons page that would be cleared upon the dragon leaving the lair (thus no need to have the dragon account bound) but would remove the dragon from the coliseum and the breeding areas respectively.

I don't support a scroll, because while it would be an income if gem or a sink if treasure, would be too punishing to those who have large lairs that they want the majority of the dragons to not show up in each area. they would have to buy a scroll for each dragon and even at 50 treasure or 5 gems, that is a lot of money for many dragon (especially in view of the next part)

Plus, many people, while they might have some dragons they don't ever want to breed, also have dragons they dont want to breed NOW, but might want to breed in the future, or perhaps they are working on a project and only want that pair to show up now, so they will be constantly checking and unchecking the box. Same for the coliseum. They might have dragons they don't ever plan to fight, and some they don't want to fight now.

Having a scroll means there has to be an undo scroll, which is even more expense. Then, when/if they want to remove that dragon from the breeding grounds/coliseum again, they have to buy another scroll, more expense, to do so.

I personally would prefer another suggestion: Pacifist Pledges and Abstinence agreements.

It handles both coliseum and breeding areas and boils down to two check boxes that you can check on each dragons page that would be cleared upon the dragon leaving the lair (thus no need to have the dragon account bound) but would remove the dragon from the coliseum and the breeding areas respectively.

I don't support a scroll, because while it would be an income if gem or a sink if treasure, would be too punishing to those who have large lairs that they want the majority of the dragons to not show up in each area. they would have to buy a scroll for each dragon and even at 50 treasure or 5 gems, that is a lot of money for many dragon (especially in view of the next part)

Plus, many people, while they might have some dragons they don't ever want to breed, also have dragons they dont want to breed NOW, but might want to breed in the future, or perhaps they are working on a project and only want that pair to show up now, so they will be constantly checking and unchecking the box. Same for the coliseum. They might have dragons they don't ever plan to fight, and some they don't want to fight now.

Having a scroll means there has to be an undo scroll, which is even more expense. Then, when/if they want to remove that dragon from the breeding grounds/coliseum again, they have to buy another scroll, more expense, to do so.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think this would be good. Maybe have it like a piece of apparel? This way if for whatever reason you decide you want to breed that dragon you can remove it
I think this would be good. Maybe have it like a piece of apparel? This way if for whatever reason you decide you want to breed that dragon you can remove it
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
[quote name="Ivythorn" date=2017-04-21 13:53:26] I think this would be good. Maybe have it like a piece of apparel? This way if for whatever reason you decide you want to breed that dragon you can remove it [/quote] I can just see the chastity belt apparel now, and that's a funny thing on a dragon. I've gotta say no to the apparel idea though, because then it'd be a dumbly rare item on the AH that you know people will overcharge for. Personally I don't care either way this goes, since I just keep track of my dragons via name when I want to breed, but a checkbox implementation could be nifty for people who just... "want to prevent accidents." [s]Children. The accidents are children.[/s]
Ivythorn wrote on 2017-04-21:

I can just see the chastity belt apparel now, and that's a funny thing on a dragon. I've gotta say no to the apparel idea though, because then it'd be a dumbly rare item on the AH that you know people will overcharge for.

Personally I don't care either way this goes, since I just keep track of my dragons via name when I want to breed, but a checkbox implementation could be nifty for people who just... "want to prevent accidents."

Children. The accidents are children.
I support the checkbox implementation idea more than that of a purchasable boon, but support either way.
I support the checkbox implementation idea more than that of a purchasable boon, but support either way.
I will only support if it means the dragon can't leave your lair at all ubntill you reverse the boon effect
I also like the checkmark idea but also if it means once the dragon leaves your lair the check mark gets switched off

I will only support if it means the dragon can't leave your lair at all ubntill you reverse the boon effect
I also like the checkmark idea but also if it means once the dragon leaves your lair the check mark gets switched off

DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-04-21 08:14:59] I personally would prefer another suggestion: Pacifist Pledges and Abstinence agreements. It handles both coliseum and breeding areas and boils down to two check boxes that you can check on each dragons page that would be cleared upon the dragon leaving the lair (thus no need to have the dragon account bound) but would remove the dragon from the coliseum and the breeding areas respectively. I don't support a scroll, because while it would be an income if gem or a sink if treasure, would be too punishing to those who have large lairs that they want the majority of the dragons to not show up in each area. they would have to buy a scroll for each dragon and even at 50 treasure or 5 gems, that is a lot of money for many dragon (especially in view of the next part) Plus, many people, while they might have some dragons they don't ever want to breed, also have dragons they dont want to breed NOW, but might want to breed in the future, or perhaps they are working on a project and only want that pair to show up now, so they will be constantly checking and unchecking the box. Same for the coliseum. They might have dragons they don't ever plan to fight, and some they don't want to fight now. Having a scroll means there has to be an undo scroll, which is even more expense. Then, when/if they want to remove that dragon from the breeding grounds/coliseum again, they have to buy another scroll, more expense, to do so. [/quote] I agree with this rather than a scroll. I have celibate dragons as well as those who do not fight. It would be really nice not to have them show up as a dragon to choose for those things.
Jemadar wrote on 2017-04-21:

I agree with this rather than a scroll. I have celibate dragons as well as those who do not fight. It would be really nice not to have them show up as a dragon to choose for those things.

Stuff will one day go here.
1 2