Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Coli Boost
1 2
What if instead of the coli recognizing which specific familiar is attached to a dragon (because of the idea that each familiar gives different boosts) what if there was a "familiar tamer" battle stone that you could attach to your dragons like any other battle stone. This stone would allow a dragon that has a familiar attached get some sort of boost in attacking power (or something like that).

The type of familiar would NOT determine the type of effect the battle stone causes. The idea is the stone recognizes that the dragon has some sort of familiar and that familiar (whatever it is) qualifies that dragon for the effects of the "familiar tamer" battle stone.

This way it would still be entirely voluntary whether players collect familiars to use as coli assistants or not because you'd still need the battle stone attached to the dragon to get the effect!
What if instead of the coli recognizing which specific familiar is attached to a dragon (because of the idea that each familiar gives different boosts) what if there was a "familiar tamer" battle stone that you could attach to your dragons like any other battle stone. This stone would allow a dragon that has a familiar attached get some sort of boost in attacking power (or something like that).

The type of familiar would NOT determine the type of effect the battle stone causes. The idea is the stone recognizes that the dragon has some sort of familiar and that familiar (whatever it is) qualifies that dragon for the effects of the "familiar tamer" battle stone.

This way it would still be entirely voluntary whether players collect familiars to use as coli assistants or not because you'd still need the battle stone attached to the dragon to get the effect!
XriSV9h.gif
No support for the original idea. Familiar boosts sound like a nightmare to code, and would overly complicate the coli system. Plus as someone pointed out already, the only familiars anyone would want to use would be the STR boost familiars, and the prices for those familiars would skyrocket. This could easily turn dom battles into a pay-to-win game -- every flight would have to start buying up STR boost familiars in order to stay competitive. [quote name="CrazyRedFire" date=2017-03-22 10:36:16] What if instead of the coli recognizing which specific familiar is attached to a dragon (because of the idea that each familiar gives different boosts) what if there was a "familiar tamer" battle stone that you could attach to your dragons like any other battle stone. [/quote] This would be much more reasonable.... Though I'm still not sure I really see the point... Plus I think people would generally prefer to keep their ambush stones instead of changing one out for a "familiar tamer".
No support for the original idea. Familiar boosts sound like a nightmare to code, and would overly complicate the coli system. Plus as someone pointed out already, the only familiars anyone would want to use would be the STR boost familiars, and the prices for those familiars would skyrocket. This could easily turn dom battles into a pay-to-win game -- every flight would have to start buying up STR boost familiars in order to stay competitive.
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2017-03-22:
What if instead of the coli recognizing which specific familiar is attached to a dragon (because of the idea that each familiar gives different boosts) what if there was a "familiar tamer" battle stone that you could attach to your dragons like any other battle stone.

This would be much more reasonable.... Though I'm still not sure I really see the point... Plus I think people would generally prefer to keep their ambush stones instead of changing one out for a "familiar tamer".
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
[quote name="NuclearWaffles" date=2017-03-22 13:59:23] This would be much more reasonable.... Though I'm still not sure I really see the point... Plus I think people would generally prefer to keep their ambush stones instead of changing one out for a "familiar tamer". [/quote] I was actually thinking that this familiar battle stone would be an ability stone not an accessory stone. See how I was thinking it'd work would be the dragon would use a physical attack against the enemy that would do MORE damage than an elemental punch but much LESS damage than an eliminate attack. The lore behind this move would be that the attached familiar is attacking alongside its dragon companion. (Hence why it does more damage than an elemental punch. The dragon attacks with the same force as its normal attack + the damage that its assisting familiar causes.) This new attacking move would serve to add in new avenues of attack in the limited coliseum mechanic that we have right now. While it might not change the current offensive builds that we have for farming that much, it still might have a purpose in future changes they may make to the PvP system. Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, in my idea the battle stone attack wouldn't affect any other of the dragon's attacks. The familiar would only assist the dragon if the dragon used that specific familiar tamer attack. Also if the dragon with this familiar tamer attack does not have a familiar attached, I think this move should do the same damage as the dragon's respective elemental punch/magic move equivalent WITHOUT the added boost in attack (because...well they don't have a familiar with them :D)
NuclearWaffles wrote on 2017-03-22:
This would be much more reasonable.... Though I'm still not sure I really see the point... Plus I think people would generally prefer to keep their ambush stones instead of changing one out for a "familiar tamer".

I was actually thinking that this familiar battle stone would be an ability stone not an accessory stone. See how I was thinking it'd work would be the dragon would use a physical attack against the enemy that would do MORE damage than an elemental punch but much LESS damage than an eliminate attack. The lore behind this move would be that the attached familiar is attacking alongside its dragon companion. (Hence why it does more damage than an elemental punch. The dragon attacks with the same force as its normal attack + the damage that its assisting familiar causes.)

This new attacking move would serve to add in new avenues of attack in the limited coliseum mechanic that we have right now. While it might not change the current offensive builds that we have for farming that much, it still might have a purpose in future changes they may make to the PvP system.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, in my idea the battle stone attack wouldn't affect any other of the dragon's attacks. The familiar would only assist the dragon if the dragon used that specific familiar tamer attack.

Also if the dragon with this familiar tamer attack does not have a familiar attached, I think this move should do the same damage as the dragon's respective elemental punch/magic move equivalent WITHOUT the added boost in attack (because...well they don't have a familiar with them :D)
XriSV9h.gif
1 2