Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Coli Boost
1 2
Maybe if certain familiars could grant a sort of stat boost for dragons in the coli?
Maybe if certain familiars could grant a sort of stat boost for dragons in the coli?

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Event-Based familiars do neither have special, nor stronger boosts than normal familiars.
  • Kickstarter and other unobtainable familiars do neither have special, nor stronger boosts than normal familiars.
  • Gem-Only familiars do neither have special, nor stronger boosts than normal familiars.

Else this idea introduces Pay-To-Win into this game.
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Event-Based familiars do neither have special, nor stronger boosts than normal familiars.
  • Kickstarter and other unobtainable familiars do neither have special, nor stronger boosts than normal familiars.
  • Gem-Only familiars do neither have special, nor stronger boosts than normal familiars.

Else this idea introduces Pay-To-Win into this game.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
I'm sort of on the fence with this one, but leaning towards no support. Because the coli would have to check if your team had familiars equipped or not and factor that into their stats, which would make coli lag worse. Plus if every familiar had bonuses attached to them, it would be basically like just giving away a stat boost in the coli. And if not every familiar did, it would inflate the prices of those familiars and possibly make the game go into pay to win territory if gem or event familiars are included. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but since familiars and the coli are two completely different parts of the site, I can't imagine it would be easy to marry the two. So while it would be super cool to have some sort of message in the coli like "Your -familiar- assisted -dragon-, giving them +2 QCK!", I just don't see it as being feasible
I'm sort of on the fence with this one, but leaning towards no support. Because the coli would have to check if your team had familiars equipped or not and factor that into their stats, which would make coli lag worse. Plus if every familiar had bonuses attached to them, it would be basically like just giving away a stat boost in the coli. And if not every familiar did, it would inflate the prices of those familiars and possibly make the game go into pay to win territory if gem or event familiars are included. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but since familiars and the coli are two completely different parts of the site, I can't imagine it would be easy to marry the two. So while it would be super cool to have some sort of message in the coli like "Your -familiar- assisted -dragon-, giving them +2 QCK!", I just don't see it as being feasible
Willow Clan of Wind Flight!
he/they, 22, FR+3
Willows' Leveling Service || Currently: Open
No support. Many people do not collect familiars and this would require them to for their dragons to get the same stats as those people who already may have a bazillion familiars.

I would prefer that the dragons themselves, not apparel or familiars, shape their build.
No support. Many people do not collect familiars and this would require them to for their dragons to get the same stats as those people who already may have a bazillion familiars.

I would prefer that the dragons themselves, not apparel or familiars, shape their build.
Stuff will one day go here.
I don't collect familiars and wouldn't personally want to match familiars to my dragons specifically for a boost. This sort of thing would hinder people who bond with all 500+ of their familiars a day as they'd have to go back and re equip specific ones to reap the benefits. As LunaSea said above, a way to boost a dragon's stats/build independent of familiars would be just as manageable

The familiars could all give the same stat boost to avoid some of these problems, but then the entire system becomes redundant
I don't collect familiars and wouldn't personally want to match familiars to my dragons specifically for a boost. This sort of thing would hinder people who bond with all 500+ of their familiars a day as they'd have to go back and re equip specific ones to reap the benefits. As LunaSea said above, a way to boost a dragon's stats/build independent of familiars would be just as manageable

The familiars could all give the same stat boost to avoid some of these problems, but then the entire system becomes redundant
No support - from someone who has almost all of them!
This has been suggested a few times before and the same arguments are still valid. It's an unnecessary complication that's liable to mess with lore, preferences and code. See also: multiple threads on apparel having stats.
No support - from someone who has almost all of them!
This has been suggested a few times before and the same arguments are still valid. It's an unnecessary complication that's liable to mess with lore, preferences and code. See also: multiple threads on apparel having stats.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
No support. If the familiar gave random stat boosts, people would have the same complaint they have now about the proposed "camping bonus" in Coli 2.0, that is to say, "This is unpredictable and useless."

If certain types of familiars gave boosts to certain stats, the price of familiars that boost STR would skyrocket overnight, since almost all popular builds are based in STR
No support. If the familiar gave random stat boosts, people would have the same complaint they have now about the proposed "camping bonus" in Coli 2.0, that is to say, "This is unpredictable and useless."

If certain types of familiars gave boosts to certain stats, the price of familiars that boost STR would skyrocket overnight, since almost all popular builds are based in STR
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support, I think it's a good idea, and not hard to make in fact. But the boosts should only depend by familiars's status with you. For example, a "wary" familiar doesn't have any help. A "Tolerant" will be more useful, and so on. Any familiars in the same status have same boosts.
Support, I think it's a good idea, and not hard to make in fact. But the boosts should only depend by familiars's status with you. For example, a "wary" familiar doesn't have any help. A "Tolerant" will be more useful, and so on. Any familiars in the same status have same boosts.
94f270fcgw1f0dcbf9x6lg202s02sach.gif
I'm in favor familiars having some kind of coli perk with some restrictions:

1) only awakened familiars have a bonus, and there's a limited number of bonuses- perks not unique or exclusive to any one familiar- and assigned by their item code.
-- ex. if elemental holiday familiars had a "Blessing of The X" perk which boosted the power of any attacks of that god's element by some multiplier.

2) open up a battle-slot for familiars once dragons reach a certain level (like lvl 8 or so).
-- This slot has to be manually filled by the user, it can only be the familiar already paired with the dragon in question but this would probably minimize coli lag that PrinceLithuania mentioned by having them on the same part of the site.

3) call for help or random assist
-- if call for help (battle action based on the idea of having a battle-familiar slot) familiar comes into battle on the next turn but can be injured if its dragon partner is knocked out on the turn it's actively assisting. Injury = bond penalty of a few days.
--random assist, same as critical hits but with some other bonus no bond penalty for dragon ko

4) Removing an awakened familiar drops its affection to empty loyal, this way the bonus can't be rapidly moved from dragon to dragon, and the familiar slot must be emptied in coli before the familiar can be removed from the dragon.
I'm in favor familiars having some kind of coli perk with some restrictions:

1) only awakened familiars have a bonus, and there's a limited number of bonuses- perks not unique or exclusive to any one familiar- and assigned by their item code.
-- ex. if elemental holiday familiars had a "Blessing of The X" perk which boosted the power of any attacks of that god's element by some multiplier.

2) open up a battle-slot for familiars once dragons reach a certain level (like lvl 8 or so).
-- This slot has to be manually filled by the user, it can only be the familiar already paired with the dragon in question but this would probably minimize coli lag that PrinceLithuania mentioned by having them on the same part of the site.

3) call for help or random assist
-- if call for help (battle action based on the idea of having a battle-familiar slot) familiar comes into battle on the next turn but can be injured if its dragon partner is knocked out on the turn it's actively assisting. Injury = bond penalty of a few days.
--random assist, same as critical hits but with some other bonus no bond penalty for dragon ko

4) Removing an awakened familiar drops its affection to empty loyal, this way the bonus can't be rapidly moved from dragon to dragon, and the familiar slot must be emptied in coli before the familiar can be removed from the dragon.
Quote:

That's a bad idea for another reason - resetting to get infinite gilded chests
Quote:

That's a bad idea for another reason - resetting to get infinite gilded chests
1 2