Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Night mode?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
support, this would be a useful feature for everyone who gets migraines from the bright white screen.

On my phone I'll sometimes invert my colors to make the site dark, but that messes up the dragons colors and I end up with a very strange lair, odd familiars, and absolutely crazy advertisements that occasionally haunt my dreams.

But it'd be super nice to have a dark layout that doesn't mess with the dragons colors.
support, this would be a useful feature for everyone who gets migraines from the bright white screen.

On my phone I'll sometimes invert my colors to make the site dark, but that messes up the dragons colors and I end up with a very strange lair, odd familiars, and absolutely crazy advertisements that occasionally haunt my dreams.

But it'd be super nice to have a dark layout that doesn't mess with the dragons colors.
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
@Xanthe Sorry for the ping! I just wanted to tell you that if you put your phone in black and white mode and then invert the colors, you don't end up with the really creepy and bright colors, and Flight Rising doesn't turn nauseatingly cyan! I also have my phone set so that bright colors are toned down. If you'd like, I can send you a screenshot of my display settings?? I know the pain of looking at everything with wonky colors, I don't want anybody to have to deal with that if there's a better way!
@Xanthe Sorry for the ping! I just wanted to tell you that if you put your phone in black and white mode and then invert the colors, you don't end up with the really creepy and bright colors, and Flight Rising doesn't turn nauseatingly cyan! I also have my phone set so that bright colors are toned down. If you'd like, I can send you a screenshot of my display settings?? I know the pain of looking at everything with wonky colors, I don't want anybody to have to deal with that if there's a better way!
Willow Clan of Wind Flight!
he/they, 22, FR+3
Willows' Leveling Service || Currently: Open
Support. I don't have these problems, but this would help with those who do. (Plus I like darker aesthetic, so if this was a thing it's entirely possible I'd use it.)
Support. I don't have these problems, but this would help with those who do. (Plus I like darker aesthetic, so if this was a thing it's entirely possible I'd use it.)
@may

I support this idea, but a suggestion - can we add an option in settings for our real timezone GMT+ so the night mode works as it should?

I love FR but i live on the other side of the world to where it is located ( head office is in america) so this might fall though if there isn't some way to toggle / set it to our appropriate time-zones.
@may

I support this idea, but a suggestion - can we add an option in settings for our real timezone GMT+ so the night mode works as it should?

I love FR but i live on the other side of the world to where it is located ( head office is in america) so this might fall though if there isn't some way to toggle / set it to our appropriate time-zones.
@PrinceLithuania did a little poking around and managed to find the setting, thank you for letting me know!

for anyone who doesn't, on the Iphone it's labeled "color filter" and can be found in the accessibility short cut tab in the general settings!

to keep on topic, it'd be nice to have a dark theme and still be able to enjoy the colorful fun of flight rising!

also, an easy to find button to activate/deactivate dark mode/nightshift so that players in other time zones, and players who prefer the darker colors, can adjust to their preferences
@PrinceLithuania did a little poking around and managed to find the setting, thank you for letting me know!

for anyone who doesn't, on the Iphone it's labeled "color filter" and can be found in the accessibility short cut tab in the general settings!

to keep on topic, it'd be nice to have a dark theme and still be able to enjoy the colorful fun of flight rising!

also, an easy to find button to activate/deactivate dark mode/nightshift so that players in other time zones, and players who prefer the darker colors, can adjust to their preferences
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
I don't really see the need for one when you could just turn down the brightness of your screen / phone ^^;
I don't really see the need for one when you could just turn down the brightness of your screen / phone ^^;
Tn4aWhc.png
Support! I don't enjoy staring at bright white, and whenever possible, opt for a dark screen with light text. This would be a huge help for my poor eyes, and I'd like it if we had an option of dark with light text.
Support! I don't enjoy staring at bright white, and whenever possible, opt for a dark screen with light text. This would be a huge help for my poor eyes, and I'd like it if we had an option of dark with light text.
[quote name="IrritatorRaji" date=2017-03-17 01:18:15] I don't really see the need for one when you could just turn down the brightness of your screen / phone ^^; [/quote] We could but that doesn't always work. Especially if you're in a dark room. Even at 0% brightness all my electronics can be nauseatingly bright if the conditions of the room are a certain way.
IrritatorRaji wrote on 2017-03-17:

We could but that doesn't always work. Especially if you're in a dark room. Even at 0% brightness all my electronics can be nauseatingly bright if the conditions of the room are a certain way.
bEY99am.gif
All the stars seem so far gone
~He/him
~FR+3

Replace by the fading of the dawn
Support under conditions

Tentative under the condition that you can set day and nighttime individually, to match your local timezone.
Support under conditions

Tentative under the condition that you can set day and nighttime individually, to match your local timezone.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
Support. I would love a nighttime theme for this site. I play on another site and they have a nighttime theme that I use cause other wise the site is just to bright(it is always unsettling when Im logged out and see the default day them though cause I forget it's there :p) I'd love that for this site too.
Support. I would love a nighttime theme for this site. I play on another site and they have a nighttime theme that I use cause other wise the site is just to bright(it is always unsettling when Im logged out and see the default day them though cause I forget it's there :p) I'd love that for this site too.
PJz0lfZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8