Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Day and Month next to Time?
1 2 3
Just to make it a little easier on those, like me, who are far ahead or behind FR time.

I'm not too pushy with this, just a mere suggestion.

My reasoning:
I get wrapped up in a lot of auctions and being 9 hours ahead, sometimes I end up confusing the end dates as FR has yet to reach the day my mobile shows me it is in my location.

And trying to figure out the math like what time it'll be here at the specified FR time auction end date--it just hurts my head sometimes...

So, as I said, not a huge issue, just a minor thought. ♥

((Also, I'm hoping I make sense... I'm sick, my brain is mush, and it's late here. I should probably go to bed, but I wanted to post this because it happened to cross my mind))
Just to make it a little easier on those, like me, who are far ahead or behind FR time.

I'm not too pushy with this, just a mere suggestion.

My reasoning:
I get wrapped up in a lot of auctions and being 9 hours ahead, sometimes I end up confusing the end dates as FR has yet to reach the day my mobile shows me it is in my location.

And trying to figure out the math like what time it'll be here at the specified FR time auction end date--it just hurts my head sometimes...

So, as I said, not a huge issue, just a minor thought. ♥

((Also, I'm hoping I make sense... I'm sick, my brain is mush, and it's late here. I should probably go to bed, but I wanted to post this because it happened to cross my mind))
Bv9XWUe.gif
BREWERS WANTED
KUzA9FY.png
eiTuhCf.gif
MELTERS WANTED
There is certainly no reason to not have this, although month may be a bit much and just take up room.
There is certainly no reason to not have this, although month may be a bit much and just take up room.
Yes, that did cross my mind, of course
Yes, that did cross my mind, of course
Bv9XWUe.gif
BREWERS WANTED
KUzA9FY.png
eiTuhCf.gif
MELTERS WANTED
Scooting users online farther right could do the trick, or it could be toggle-able where you click the clock thing next to time to bring up details about the date & such. :) I'm only one hour off of FR time, but I know it would be helpful to those who are farther off. It would also be nice to be able to toggle between "military time" (13:03) and "standard time" (1:03 PM) for people who aren't as familiar with military.
Scooting users online farther right could do the trick, or it could be toggle-able where you click the clock thing next to time to bring up details about the date & such. :) I'm only one hour off of FR time, but I know it would be helpful to those who are farther off. It would also be nice to be able to toggle between "military time" (13:03) and "standard time" (1:03 PM) for people who aren't as familiar with military.
cPW6H3E.png
Support! That will clear up so much confusion for those who are not close to FRT. [quote name="SoulOfChaos" date=2017-03-06 15:55:37] There is certainly no reason to not have this, although month may be a bit much and just take up room. [/quote] If the month is condensed to a numeric form, this it shouldn't take up much room. 2/28/17 as opposed to February 28. There can also be toggle between different versions of the numeric form. Like the US version is month/day/year and (I assume) the rest of the world is day/month/year
Support! That will clear up so much confusion for those who are not close to FRT.
SoulOfChaos wrote on 2017-03-06:

If the month is condensed to a numeric form, this it shouldn't take up much room. 2/28/17 as opposed to February 28.

There can also be toggle between different versions of the numeric form. Like the US version is month/day/year and (I assume) the rest of the world is day/month/year
I don't have this particular problem, but I am see how it'd be confusing to people. So yeah, support!
I don't have this particular problem, but I am see how it'd be confusing to people. So yeah, support!
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
[quote name="ObsidianBlade" date=2017-03-06 16:26:11] If the month is condensed to a numeric form, this it shouldn't take up much room. 2/28/17 as opposed to February 28. There can also be toggle between different versions of the numeric form. Like the US version is month/day/year and (I assume) the rest of the world is day/month/year [/quote] Even with a toggle, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has no idea which one is meant to be the month and which one the day when it's the 1st through the 12th, half the time I'm confused about the year in this format :/ Shortening it to "Sept 15" wouldn't take up more room, and honestly if you don't know what year it is you need more than an FR clock.
ObsidianBlade wrote on 2017-03-06:
If the month is condensed to a numeric form, this it shouldn't take up much room. 2/28/17 as opposed to February 28.

There can also be toggle between different versions of the numeric form. Like the US version is month/day/year and (I assume) the rest of the world is day/month/year

Even with a toggle, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has no idea which one is meant to be the month and which one the day when it's the 1st through the 12th, half the time I'm confused about the year in this format :/ Shortening it to "Sept 15" wouldn't take up more room, and honestly if you don't know what year it is you need more than an FR clock.
cPW6H3E.png
I'm +9 hours ahaid of fr and I have to say that it would be helpful, not only for the auctions. When I play in the morning it's still the night of the last day on fr so you see how big is the time difference and sometimes it is indeed confusing for the auctions. Support !
I'm +9 hours ahaid of fr and I have to say that it would be helpful, not only for the auctions. When I play in the morning it's still the night of the last day on fr so you see how big is the time difference and sometimes it is indeed confusing for the auctions. Support !
:D
I'm not sure if month is necessary or helpful. Depending on space and placement it could get problematic. But I defenitely support the day being added. 1st, 2nd, ... , 29th should be doable.
I'm not sure if month is necessary or helpful. Depending on space and placement it could get problematic. But I defenitely support the day being added. 1st, 2nd, ... , 29th should be doable.
I think it's a good idea
I'm some hours ahead of FR time too, and I've come across the same problems as you do.
Just something small, like for example; 8 dec. could just do the trick!
I think it's a good idea
I'm some hours ahead of FR time too, and I've come across the same problems as you do.
Just something small, like for example; 8 dec. could just do the trick!
lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png
1 2 3