Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [breed] Rampion (Hair! Art!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 48
yep I'm collecting ideas for an update thanks to feedback.
Hoof-like claws
Bigger wings
Smaller head
Space for organs
More compact pose so that the body is bigger when sized down

Things to try"
Insect-inspired wings
Long feathers instead of hair
Folded wings so that the hair is the focal point

yep I'm collecting ideas for an update thanks to feedback.
Hoof-like claws
Bigger wings
Smaller head
Space for organs
More compact pose so that the body is bigger when sized down

Things to try"
Insect-inspired wings
Long feathers instead of hair
Folded wings so that the hair is the focal point

@Berkshire

Gotta say, I love this concept. I love maned and furred dragons, and we don't have a hoved dragon yet. Your poses are dynamic, and I need a million EY scrolls because the baby pose <3 Graceful floof is 100% my aesthetic and I need some now. ((Also seriously how do I commission you your style is ace))

However, I have one serious problem with the design, and that's the legs. Yes, we have some breeds with very small legs - faes and nocturns spring to mind readily, however those designs make it clear that those breeds use their wings as their primary form of transportation. On the other end of the scale, we have things like Snappers and Boggles, dragons who have wings that would barely be able to support them, but big stocky legs. Your Rampion has diminutive wings AND legs.

You do need a bit more room for primairy genes to strut their stuff, and nice stocky horse-legs could give you that.

The other things is the back-leg to front-leg proportions. You may not have noticed it because your poses are so dynamic and fantastic, but your front legs are noticeably smaller than the backs. Wildclaws and faes have that and that works because those species are bipedal, and the Hoves on the Rampion's the front feet make me think 'quadraped'. If it moves on four legs, he has a weird 'face into the ground' tilt to it.
@Berkshire

Gotta say, I love this concept. I love maned and furred dragons, and we don't have a hoved dragon yet. Your poses are dynamic, and I need a million EY scrolls because the baby pose <3 Graceful floof is 100% my aesthetic and I need some now. ((Also seriously how do I commission you your style is ace))

However, I have one serious problem with the design, and that's the legs. Yes, we have some breeds with very small legs - faes and nocturns spring to mind readily, however those designs make it clear that those breeds use their wings as their primary form of transportation. On the other end of the scale, we have things like Snappers and Boggles, dragons who have wings that would barely be able to support them, but big stocky legs. Your Rampion has diminutive wings AND legs.

You do need a bit more room for primairy genes to strut their stuff, and nice stocky horse-legs could give you that.

The other things is the back-leg to front-leg proportions. You may not have noticed it because your poses are so dynamic and fantastic, but your front legs are noticeably smaller than the backs. Wildclaws and faes have that and that works because those species are bipedal, and the Hoves on the Rampion's the front feet make me think 'quadraped'. If it moves on four legs, he has a weird 'face into the ground' tilt to it.
@SilverLately agreed on the leg length differences.
The reason they are so short is to separate rampions from skydancers, but some longer legs will be useful, perhaps something like deer...
@SilverLately agreed on the leg length differences.
The reason they are so short is to separate rampions from skydancers, but some longer legs will be useful, perhaps something like deer...
I'd seriously buy a lair full of these guys! I love the concept of dramatic hair patterns, not to mention it being a focal point. Wonderful idea to be sure! Full support
I'd seriously buy a lair full of these guys! I love the concept of dramatic hair patterns, not to mention it being a focal point. Wonderful idea to be sure! Full support
Def support! I like how they look kind of Borzoi dogs, so flowy and pretty.
Def support! I like how they look kind of Borzoi dogs, so flowy and pretty.
ytkEBod.pngmtHAEL4.png D9xaprH.png
Al1BEGR.png sNuSVZA.pnggzlHZ53.png

For such small creatures as we, the vastness is only bearable through love.
this is wonderful!!
this is wonderful!!
@berkshire i think seraph would look lovely with these!!! if you're...taking gene suggestions....

i really enjoy these a lot!!! i don't know if i would have a lot because they don't really fit the aesthetic im going for in my lair, but i really enjoy them!!!! if you're not working yourself too hard with the art, i would love to see an example of them in dark colors!!!
@berkshire i think seraph would look lovely with these!!! if you're...taking gene suggestions....

i really enjoy these a lot!!! i don't know if i would have a lot because they don't really fit the aesthetic im going for in my lair, but i really enjoy them!!!! if you're not working yourself too hard with the art, i would love to see an example of them in dark colors!!!
Support!

THE HATCHLING IS ADORABLE AND I NEED ONE.
AH the face. AHH the little foldy feets. GHHHH
Support!

THE HATCHLING IS ADORABLE AND I NEED ONE.
AH the face. AHH the little foldy feets. GHHHH
I send a pestilence, a plague, into your house, into your bed, into your streams, into your streets, into your drink, into your bread.
FR Time: +17.5
[quote name="wintergreenroses" date=2016-12-22 22:01:51] @ berkshire i think seraph would look lovely with these!!! if you're...taking gene suggestions.... i really enjoy these a lot!!! i don't know if i would have a lot because they don't really fit the aesthetic im going for in my lair, but i really enjoy them!!!! if you're not working yourself too hard with the art, i would love to see an example of them in dark colors!!! [/quote] Now I [b]have[/b] to see Seraph on these fellas.
wintergreenroses wrote on 2016-12-22:
@ berkshire i think seraph would look lovely with these!!! if you're...taking gene suggestions....

Now I have to see Seraph on these fellas.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
*slams the support button into the ground with a mallet*
Such long hair, so sleek! I need it!
*slams the support button into the ground with a mallet*
Such long hair, so sleek! I need it!
dlx3JgZ.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 48