Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Indication you've posted in a Thread
1 2 3 4 5
I know that there are lots of players like me that have posted literally thousands of posts. You post so many in a day that you tend to forget which threads you have actually posted in. I think it would be nice to have something kind of like the "staff" indicator that shows where the FR staff has posted in the thread that is visible to you that indicates threads you've posted in. Perhaps a small image of [item=forgotten poet's tools] in a column that indicates you've posted in that thread. This way you can keep track of threads you've commented on above and beyond those listed in your "recent forum activity" which only lists a small number of recent posts.

I know that there are lots of players like me that have posted literally thousands of posts. You post so many in a day that you tend to forget which threads you have actually posted in.

I think it would be nice to have something kind of like the "staff" indicator that shows where the FR staff has posted in the thread that is visible to you that indicates threads you've posted in.

Perhaps a small image of Forgotten Poet's Tools in a column that indicates you've posted in that thread.

This way you can keep track of threads you've commented on above and beyond those listed in your "recent forum activity" which only lists a small number of recent posts.
I would really enjoy that. It would make it way easier to prevent saying the same thing on the same suggestion thread that got brought up over and over. I'm pretty sure I've done that with a couple dragon breeds.
I would really enjoy that. It would make it way easier to prevent saying the same thing on the same suggestion thread that got brought up over and over. I'm pretty sure I've done that with a couple dragon breeds.
cPW6H3E.png
This would be great, it's a pain right now using forum search to find where you posted. Support!
This would be great, it's a pain right now using forum search to find where you posted. Support!
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
[quote name="MissRaven" date=2016-09-07 13:11:10] I would really enjoy that. It would make it way easier to prevent saying the same thing on the same suggestion thread that got brought up over and over. I'm pretty sure I've done that with a couple dragon breeds. [/quote] [color=#545b69] This is an issue I have too - Sometimes I'll comment on a suggestions thread multiple times over the course of however long the thread is active. It's especially embarrassing when my opinion changes and I comment something completely different. So yeah, an indication would be great ^^
MissRaven wrote on 2016-09-07:

This is an issue I have too - Sometimes I'll comment on a suggestions thread multiple times over the course of however long the thread is active. It's especially embarrassing when my opinion changes and I comment something completely different.

So yeah, an indication would be great ^^
[quote name="MissRaven" date=2016-09-07 13:11:10] I would really enjoy that. It would make it way easier to prevent saying the same thing on the same suggestion thread that got brought up over and over. I'm pretty sure I've done that with a couple dragon breeds. [/quote] i also forget which suggestion forums i've posted on, so this would be great. support!
MissRaven wrote on 2016-09-07:

i also forget which suggestion forums i've posted on, so this would be great.
support!
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
Yes please! This would really help people who comment a bunch on discussions/suggestions so they can see where they've been!

Maybe though, could the icon not show up if you're the one who started the thread?
Yes please! This would really help people who comment a bunch on discussions/suggestions so they can see where they've been!

Maybe though, could the icon not show up if you're the one who started the thread?
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
I think this would be a very useful feature. I know I've seen pages-long threads, I flip through, planning to comment...and then I see I've already commented. I'd love a feature to let me know not to waste my time commenting on a thread I've already commented on.
I think this would be a very useful feature. I know I've seen pages-long threads, I flip through, planning to comment...and then I see I've already commented. I'd love a feature to let me know not to waste my time commenting on a thread I've already commented on.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
I definitely support this. On many other forums, it's already a feature so it shouldn't be too hard to implement here.
I definitely support this. On many other forums, it's already a feature so it shouldn't be too hard to implement here.
I don't see a point to this?

1. You can access further post history via clicking "recent posts" on your profile. Bam, your entire post history.

2. On individual threads you can "search this topic" and sort by date or relevance. Search for posts made by you, and there you go.

I mean, I guess this might be useful, but it would use up site resources and I'm not sure how much use it would even have.

1. You can access further post history via clicking "recent posts" on your profile. Bam, your entire post history.

2. On individual threads you can "search this topic" and sort by date or relevance. Search for posts made by you, and there you go.

I mean, I guess this might be useful, but it would use up site resources and I'm not sure how much use it would even have.
[quote name="Vely" date=2016-09-07 20:01:44] I don't see a point to this? 1. You can access further post history via clicking "recent posts" on your profile. Bam, your entire post history. 2. On individual threads you can "search this topic" and sort by date or relevance. Search for posts made by you, and there you go. I mean, I guess this might be useful, but it would use up site resources and I'm not sure how much use it would even have. [/quote] It would be really silly to check your entire forum activity for every single threads you post on, especially if you post a lot so you have a lot to check.
Vely wrote on 2016-09-07:

It would be really silly to check your entire forum activity for every single threads you post on, especially if you post a lot so you have a lot to check.
1 2 3 4 5