Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gardening System (come brainstorm?)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24
This would be so awesome, support.
This would be so awesome, support.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I love this idea, support!
I love this idea, support!
Wow I&#039;m amazed at the level of design you put in this. I would definitely love this gardening game <3

+1 support!
Wow I&#039;m amazed at the level of design you put in this. I would definitely love this gardening game <3

+1 support!
So detailed, so well thought-out...and an absolutely fun idea! It does sound like it would be a nice way to get more food at the very least; our dragons eat way too much in a day, lol. I really hope the admins see this and love it. I admit to being a gardening fan!

And yeah, might be cool if this were expanded into having an aquarium or lake for seafood, maybe a preserve to keep meat creatures, etc. It might get overwhelming though looking after all those so having the garden capable of handling it all is very nice, lets players look after one thing and get all the food they need, maybe even special fun items.

Among these seeds though maybe there can be some purely fun plants...like maybe a Fire Chili Pepper that after being eaten "singes" your dragon&#039;s muzzle where it&#039;s blackened similar to being coated in ash and has a few wisps of smoke curling upwards around it. This could be a temporary effect, lasting a day or two.

And if the admins allow it I think letting players submit ideas for new seeds, maybe even with artwork for the dragons if they affect them like the example above, we could have lots of types of fun seeds and all the work wouldn&#039;t be on FR&#039;s artists.
So detailed, so well thought-out...and an absolutely fun idea! It does sound like it would be a nice way to get more food at the very least; our dragons eat way too much in a day, lol. I really hope the admins see this and love it. I admit to being a gardening fan!

And yeah, might be cool if this were expanded into having an aquarium or lake for seafood, maybe a preserve to keep meat creatures, etc. It might get overwhelming though looking after all those so having the garden capable of handling it all is very nice, lets players look after one thing and get all the food they need, maybe even special fun items.

Among these seeds though maybe there can be some purely fun plants...like maybe a Fire Chili Pepper that after being eaten "singes" your dragon&#039;s muzzle where it&#039;s blackened similar to being coated in ash and has a few wisps of smoke curling upwards around it. This could be a temporary effect, lasting a day or two.

And if the admins allow it I think letting players submit ideas for new seeds, maybe even with artwork for the dragons if they affect them like the example above, we could have lots of types of fun seeds and all the work wouldn&#039;t be on FR&#039;s artists.
2h84i0x.png
This is incredibly well thought out and oh my gosh all the options, and the possibility! I doubt I&#039;d ever leave the computer.
Major props to the idea of water-based crops for seafood eating dragons :D
If this comes into being, I will be so pleased. I look forward to the day this gets created~
This is incredibly well thought out and oh my gosh all the options, and the possibility! I doubt I&#039;d ever leave the computer.
Major props to the idea of water-based crops for seafood eating dragons :D
If this comes into being, I will be so pleased. I look forward to the day this gets created~
X2sUkwy.png
@Mudkipasaurus I sincerely apologize that it has taken me so long to read and reply to this, especially when it was so well thought out! Kudos to you, it is very well done. I like how it functions as being a relaxing game but not a mandatory chore; you get out of it as much as you put into it, which is spectacular. Now, I think the hypothetical rewards (Tigerapple in particular) to be a bit much; giving genes out even at a rare rate could skew the economy pretty badly against new players. That said, it was merely an explanatory example, and if that&#039;s the only quibble I have, that is inconsequential in the long run. I especially liked how you integrated the other food types in this technique to give advantages to meat-heavy Clans (such as myself). Nice!

Had you considered the growth of fungi, especially for shadow and plague types, or the possibility of growing a Familiar or other unique item like that? It&#039;s somewhat difficult to think of ideas you haven&#039;t discussed!
@Mudkipasaurus I sincerely apologize that it has taken me so long to read and reply to this, especially when it was so well thought out! Kudos to you, it is very well done. I like how it functions as being a relaxing game but not a mandatory chore; you get out of it as much as you put into it, which is spectacular. Now, I think the hypothetical rewards (Tigerapple in particular) to be a bit much; giving genes out even at a rare rate could skew the economy pretty badly against new players. That said, it was merely an explanatory example, and if that&#039;s the only quibble I have, that is inconsequential in the long run. I especially liked how you integrated the other food types in this technique to give advantages to meat-heavy Clans (such as myself). Nice!

Had you considered the growth of fungi, especially for shadow and plague types, or the possibility of growing a Familiar or other unique item like that? It&#039;s somewhat difficult to think of ideas you haven&#039;t discussed!
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
I just wanted to add my support. I too love gardening games (fishing games too!) and would love to see this become a reality!

My main worry is that the devs would feel that a lot of items&#039; value would plummet due to the suddenly larger quantity of them floating around in the game... but I&#039;d hope not. ;-; And if anything, there could be gardening-only plants, as you stated.

Thank you for working so hard on this idea!

I WANT IT WANT WANT WAAAAANT *tantrum*
I just wanted to add my support. I too love gardening games (fishing games too!) and would love to see this become a reality!

My main worry is that the devs would feel that a lot of items&#039; value would plummet due to the suddenly larger quantity of them floating around in the game... but I&#039;d hope not. ;-; And if anything, there could be gardening-only plants, as you stated.

Thank you for working so hard on this idea!

I WANT IT WANT WANT WAAAAANT *tantrum*
At first, I was thinking, "Oh, great. Farmville is invading Flight Rising," but then I read more, and I love this. You have a very creative and well thought out system here. Plus, if dragons can be fed from gardening it will reduce the number of gathering turns used to look for food, and we can dig and scavenge more (yay!). I also really like the idea of rare magic plants having special effects when eaten like adding the tiger gene. And as someone sick of grinding for treasure, I am totally in favor of this. Maybe there could also be familiar breeding features that work similarly and dragons could raise them like livestock? +10 support for your gardens!
At first, I was thinking, "Oh, great. Farmville is invading Flight Rising," but then I read more, and I love this. You have a very creative and well thought out system here. Plus, if dragons can be fed from gardening it will reduce the number of gathering turns used to look for food, and we can dig and scavenge more (yay!). I also really like the idea of rare magic plants having special effects when eaten like adding the tiger gene. And as someone sick of grinding for treasure, I am totally in favor of this. Maybe there could also be familiar breeding features that work similarly and dragons could raise them like livestock? +10 support for your gardens!
@Altreis User designed crops would be neat!
@Fayd I&#039;m thinking as long as the rarest plants have expensive seeds and a low enough harvest rate, they should be similar in expense per a gene to just getting scrolls, if not more expensive. I&#039;ve noticed on other sites I&#039;ve played (such as Aywas and Gaia) random chance items tend to be more expensive than the percent chance of an optimal outcome would justify, but they&#039;re still popular. Fungi and other items should fit nicely into the same system already in place, I think.
@Azzyblue As I mentioned before, food on FR seems significantly more expensive than on other sites I&#039;ve played. If this is the devs&#039; intention, they could adjust the output down, but if not, this could help.
@JadeTigerRider Thank you! There&#039;s a farming/herd-raising suggestion by GhostScream here, if you&#039;re interested.
@Altreis User designed crops would be neat!
@Fayd I&#039;m thinking as long as the rarest plants have expensive seeds and a low enough harvest rate, they should be similar in expense per a gene to just getting scrolls, if not more expensive. I&#039;ve noticed on other sites I&#039;ve played (such as Aywas and Gaia) random chance items tend to be more expensive than the percent chance of an optimal outcome would justify, but they&#039;re still popular. Fungi and other items should fit nicely into the same system already in place, I think.
@Azzyblue As I mentioned before, food on FR seems significantly more expensive than on other sites I&#039;ve played. If this is the devs&#039; intention, they could adjust the output down, but if not, this could help.
@JadeTigerRider Thank you! There&#039;s a farming/herd-raising suggestion by GhostScream here, if you&#039;re interested.
Wow, this is an incredible idea! I love farming games but I haven't seen any as in-depth (and rewarding) as this!

Some ideas for you (hopefully they're helpful!):

Introducing worms were suggested, but with no downside. Perhaps a down side is that they could attract certain pests, such as birds and predatory bugs that both eat the worms and the crops. Also, weather conditions could affect their effectiveness, since they like moist conditions.

I'd love to incorporate our familiars and dragons into this somehow.
You suggested that a lair's flight affects growing conditions, but what if you have a dragon or two from the correct flight, even though your lair is the wrong flight? What if you have dragons from the opposing flight? Perhaps there could be penalties (and hidden boons) from that. Or perhaps having a variety of dragons could allow for growth of plants native to both areas. Or perhaps hybridization could occur.
It might be nice if your familiars could help you with the farming, and your relationship with them can be taken into consideration. Perhaps one familiar is better at harvesting a certain plant because they are both from the same environment, but because the familiar is Wary of you, the harvest won't be as big. On the other hand, an Inquisitive familiar might find some random objects hidden in the soil (an old shovel, a nail, some bugs, etc.) and bring them back to you. That runs the risk of becoming like Gathering, so it would probably be rare.

I loved the suggestion of flooding the plot and growing water plants. It made me think that the next crop that you plant cannot be something like cactus, which likes very dry conditions. And also, in farming you plant nitrogen-fixing plants to help with next year's crops. In other words, for the purposes of the game, what you grew previously might affect what you grow this time.

edit:
I didn't realize this thread had been idle for so long. I came across it in the big Already Suggested List thread. Sorry!
Wow, this is an incredible idea! I love farming games but I haven't seen any as in-depth (and rewarding) as this!

Some ideas for you (hopefully they're helpful!):

Introducing worms were suggested, but with no downside. Perhaps a down side is that they could attract certain pests, such as birds and predatory bugs that both eat the worms and the crops. Also, weather conditions could affect their effectiveness, since they like moist conditions.

I'd love to incorporate our familiars and dragons into this somehow.
You suggested that a lair's flight affects growing conditions, but what if you have a dragon or two from the correct flight, even though your lair is the wrong flight? What if you have dragons from the opposing flight? Perhaps there could be penalties (and hidden boons) from that. Or perhaps having a variety of dragons could allow for growth of plants native to both areas. Or perhaps hybridization could occur.
It might be nice if your familiars could help you with the farming, and your relationship with them can be taken into consideration. Perhaps one familiar is better at harvesting a certain plant because they are both from the same environment, but because the familiar is Wary of you, the harvest won't be as big. On the other hand, an Inquisitive familiar might find some random objects hidden in the soil (an old shovel, a nail, some bugs, etc.) and bring them back to you. That runs the risk of becoming like Gathering, so it would probably be rare.

I loved the suggestion of flooding the plot and growing water plants. It made me think that the next crop that you plant cannot be something like cactus, which likes very dry conditions. And also, in farming you plant nitrogen-fixing plants to help with next year's crops. In other words, for the purposes of the game, what you grew previously might affect what you grow this time.

edit:
I didn't realize this thread had been idle for so long. I came across it in the big Already Suggested List thread. Sorry!
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24