Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gardening System (come brainstorm?)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
So much support. I know I've enjoyed watching people play flower-growing games, where you water them every $timeperiod. Maybe you could even grow cotton or flax or trees for silk worms, and get cloth, and craft the cloth into apparel, once the crafting system is up and running? (I can dream. >.>)
So much support. I know I've enjoyed watching people play flower-growing games, where you water them every $timeperiod. Maybe you could even grow cotton or flax or trees for silk worms, and get cloth, and craft the cloth into apparel, once the crafting system is up and running? (I can dream. >.>)
Wow, this is an incredibly well thought out idea! And a really good and interesting one. Definitely something I support <3
Wow, this is an incredibly well thought out idea! And a really good and interesting one. Definitely something I support <3
Clan Lore | Clan Gallery | Art Blog | FR Blog9eeae65bbff59dbbc51fbb14e63503493b3f830e.png
Love the idea you have my support

Possible add on to your idea:
maybe for gems you could have an option to rent out some species that eats weeds? You would not have to worry about that aspect when your on a trip or something and the only penalty at that point is the fact that you don&#039;t get any access food from the weeds ^^;.. of course you would still have to water unless once again you could get some sort of "sprinkling system" that does it automatically?

Only suggest this because people camp and things occur in RL, and it would be a shame of all that hard work going to waste.

On another whole note for some reason this kind of makes me want to bring up farming because then you could farm certain bugs that could help the soil and fertilize it. There is obviously so much that introducing gardening could do and so many different doors that it could open bringing this whole site to a whole new level of awesomeness.
Love the idea you have my support

Possible add on to your idea:
maybe for gems you could have an option to rent out some species that eats weeds? You would not have to worry about that aspect when your on a trip or something and the only penalty at that point is the fact that you don&#039;t get any access food from the weeds ^^;.. of course you would still have to water unless once again you could get some sort of "sprinkling system" that does it automatically?

Only suggest this because people camp and things occur in RL, and it would be a shame of all that hard work going to waste.

On another whole note for some reason this kind of makes me want to bring up farming because then you could farm certain bugs that could help the soil and fertilize it. There is obviously so much that introducing gardening could do and so many different doors that it could open bringing this whole site to a whole new level of awesomeness.
WINDSINGER_sig.png
@Wysteria Good idea! We know there is going to be the crafting system, so that would be a nice way to encourage both!
@darkwater I&#039;ve added your ideas to the top. The only thing I&#039;m worried about is would people that have the time use those features to get out of having to tend their garden? Perhaps there could be a time-freeze item instead- your garden wouldn&#039;t need tending, but wouldn&#039;t grow, either, until you un-froze it.
@Wysteria Good idea! We know there is going to be the crafting system, so that would be a nice way to encourage both!
@darkwater I&#039;ve added your ideas to the top. The only thing I&#039;m worried about is would people that have the time use those features to get out of having to tend their garden? Perhaps there could be a time-freeze item instead- your garden wouldn&#039;t need tending, but wouldn&#039;t grow, either, until you un-froze it.
Oooo~ Support! This seems like it would be much fun to be had. =D
Oooo~ Support! This seems like it would be much fun to be had. =D
I sell G2 Purebred Imps from dragons #181 and 182 Check my lair for listings.
@Mudkpasaurus
for your worries heres some ideas to quell it:

what the rented or bought creatures would do:
+eat your weeds helping the life of your garden
-eat some of the plants that are meant for harvest every time its used
-you don&#039;t get to feed the weeds to your dragons

these would be somethings to create a minus for trying to rely on the creatures to do your work. Sure your still going to get something out of it, but not without having to lose something out of it.

for the sprinkler idea:
+would water your crops automatically
-over using it could be bad, maybe it could drown some of the plants or burn them?
my aunt told me that if a plant is watered when the sun is out then it can get burned which is bad for the plant..
-maybe have a chance for it to break down >:D

as for the worms
if those are used there really is no down side maybe they could help the plants stay healthy for a bit longer since they help oxygen move through the dirt/provide nutrients?

there could probably be more negatives, but you also don&#039;t want to over do it because there has to be some sort of profit as well ;)
@Mudkpasaurus
for your worries heres some ideas to quell it:

what the rented or bought creatures would do:
+eat your weeds helping the life of your garden
-eat some of the plants that are meant for harvest every time its used
-you don&#039;t get to feed the weeds to your dragons

these would be somethings to create a minus for trying to rely on the creatures to do your work. Sure your still going to get something out of it, but not without having to lose something out of it.

for the sprinkler idea:
+would water your crops automatically
-over using it could be bad, maybe it could drown some of the plants or burn them?
my aunt told me that if a plant is watered when the sun is out then it can get burned which is bad for the plant..
-maybe have a chance for it to break down >:D

as for the worms
if those are used there really is no down side maybe they could help the plants stay healthy for a bit longer since they help oxygen move through the dirt/provide nutrients?

there could probably be more negatives, but you also don&#039;t want to over do it because there has to be some sort of profit as well ;)
WINDSINGER_sig.png
Oh, I like this! Maybe there could be a mechanism for saving seed? In RL, to save seed, you have to sacrifice the chance to eat the produce in a lot of cases, because optimal edible condition is earlier in the growth cycle than seed production. You could have the option to let a plot &#039;go to seed&#039; to harvest and save seed.

And maybe there could be a plant breeding element as well? The site already has a breeding mechanism, so applying it to plants wouldn&#039;t be quite as much work as creating one from scratch.

/garden nerd
Oh, I like this! Maybe there could be a mechanism for saving seed? In RL, to save seed, you have to sacrifice the chance to eat the produce in a lot of cases, because optimal edible condition is earlier in the growth cycle than seed production. You could have the option to let a plot &#039;go to seed&#039; to harvest and save seed.

And maybe there could be a plant breeding element as well? The site already has a breeding mechanism, so applying it to plants wouldn&#039;t be quite as much work as creating one from scratch.

/garden nerd
Support!

I like the idea of being able to grow plants, especially when you cannot easily get them by grinding. And also when people get more and more dragons to feed, this will help when gathering is not enough.
Support!

I like the idea of being able to grow plants, especially when you cannot easily get them by grinding. And also when people get more and more dragons to feed, this will help when gathering is not enough.
I like Lector&#039;s idea of having people choose whether they would like to eat/harvest the plants or get seeds. Maybe have a time frame that gives optimum items but drops seeds rarely (or not at all) and then a later time frame where it&#039;s all seeds except for the occasional item, in the middle there could be a sweet spot similar to what you originally laid out.
I could see this working as a scale. If you harvest near the beginning of harvest time you get more food and the longer you wait the more likely you are to get seeds, but wait too long and you&#039;ll get nothing. ...Or would that be too complicated?
I like Lector&#039;s idea of having people choose whether they would like to eat/harvest the plants or get seeds. Maybe have a time frame that gives optimum items but drops seeds rarely (or not at all) and then a later time frame where it&#039;s all seeds except for the occasional item, in the middle there could be a sweet spot similar to what you originally laid out.
I could see this working as a scale. If you harvest near the beginning of harvest time you get more food and the longer you wait the more likely you are to get seeds, but wait too long and you&#039;ll get nothing. ...Or would that be too complicated?
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
Free bump, because it had fallen off the front page, and I think it&#039;s one of the best ideas I&#039;ve seen :)
Free bump, because it had fallen off the front page, and I think it&#039;s one of the best ideas I&#039;ve seen :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24