Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin - Excessive Transmutes
1 2 3 4
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JCzgKiv.png[/img] [center][url=http://goo.gl/forms/7MJDjHuj7pOsXrfM2][size=5][b][color=red]Click here for poll link[/color][/b][/size][/url][/center] [b]A few of the things mentioned here I've talked about in other threads[/b], but I figured I should collect all my thoughts into one coherent post. Basically, there is a problem a lot of users have, and that is an abundance of certain colours of transmutes, clogging up their hoards. [b]To start things out[/b], let's analyse some facts. Low-level/one (or two) star items such as green goo/ooze/sludge, grey slime and copper muck are some of the more valuable transmutes, according to AH prices. Keep in mind that those values may fluctuate, so this is a general estimation that's spanning over several months worth of documentation. [b]The reason for this are the flight holidays[/b], when Baldwin's Brew presents you with the option to brew the corresponding holiday's currency, plus one skin and one accent from the winning entries of that month. The accent and skin have two standard recipes; 5 green ooze + 4 green sludge, or 5 green goo + 4 green sludge. The recipes also include 7500T (T = Treasure) and 10 each of an item you can find while using your gathering rounds for digging, but since those items shift for each separate holiday and are not transmutes in themselves, they're not included here. [b]There are several options for brewing up the holiday currency:[/b] 1 green goo + 25T + 35 minutes = 1 currency + 20XP (XP = Experience Points) 1 green ooze + 1 green sludge + 40T + 40 minutes = 2 currency + 25XP 1 yellow goo + 1 yellow ooze + 1 yellow sludge + 100T + 1 hour = 5 currency + 48XP 1 grey slime + 1 copper muck + 200T + 2 hours and 50 minutes = 20 currency + 130XP To get the most bang for their buck, and to save green transmutes for skin and accent brewing, most users go with the 20 currency option. These recipes are why the low-level items are some of the most valuable to FR players. [img]http://i.imgur.com/T8oZDyv.png[/img] Due to many players relentlessly reducing items from their hoard in quest of green transmutes/copper muck/grey slime, and the fact that transmutes are not hoard-sellable, this has caused the issue I'd like to present some options to here. Tons and tons of 99-stacks of yellow to purple transmutes are stuck forever in their hoards, practically unusable and AH-unsellable unless one were to brew up hundreds of some things available as recipes in Baldwin's brew, which also requires valuable grey slime or green transmutes, or other items of high regard. How does one go about fixing this? It's no fun having, for example, 600+ orange ooze just sitting there collecting dust, after all. [img]http://i.imgur.com/fpXPz8v.png[/img] [b]My first solution[/b], one I'm slightly iffy on but could have it's definite advantages, would be to make the transmutes hoard-sellable. That way users could clear out their hoard/vault as they please. This would also mean transmutes could be re-reduced in the cauldron. As this might go against some of the aesthetic goals of Baldwin's Brew, I won't go further into the pros and cons of this solution. [b]The second solution[/b] would be to introduce more recipes for higher amounts of currency, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1879764]something I talked about in this thread[/url], where players discussed the abundance of silver muck they had in their hoards: [quote name="McMod" date=2016-06-17 18:15:38] [center]Chipping in with some support for the festival currency idea, with a base idea of a recipe for perhaps 50 currency? 1x [item=silver muck] + 2x [item=orange goo] + 2x [item=orange ooze] + 2x [item=orange sludge] + 1x [item=yellow goo] + 1x [item=yellow ooze] + 1x [item=yellow sludge] + 300 treasure + 4.5 hours of brewing time = 50 festival currency + 350XP Transmute colours/time/treasure/XP gain could be altered for even higher amounts of currency as well.[/center] [/quote] As noted, this base recipe could be altered for even larger amounts (replace yellows with reds, combining three-four different colours, etc), and include slimes as well. I'd suggest this be a level 4 recipe. [b]The third solution[/b] also involves more recipes, but this time for new items, namely brew-only holiday apparel, or holiday-only vistas! For the vistas, I would suggest they cycle, like the elemental runes. So there would be one vista for each flight, available only in Baldwin's Brew during that flight's holiday week. I've not thought too much about possible brew-only holiday apparel items, since we're already presented with a few each holiday in the Festive Favors shop. Here is another suggestion for a recipe, this time for the possible flight holiday vistas: [quote][center]1x [item=white slime] + 1x [item=black slime] + 10x [item=orange sludge] + 5x [item=red goo] + 2x [item=purple ooze] + 2x [item=purple sludge] + 1x[item=blue goo] (+ 10x of a gathering item found while digging in the relevant flight's area) + 9000T + 6 hours brew time = a flight holiday vista + 650XP I took the liberty of cutting down on the brew time compared to the brewable vistas we have and balancing it out with a higher treasure cost and less XP gain, to make it fit as lower-level recipe, perhaps somewhere around lvl 5 - 7. [b]EDIT: Well, the vistas was indeed a thing which happened (yay!), but for the Favors shop, so this suggestion is off the board./b] [/center][/quote] [b]A fourth solution[/b] would be to introduce further recipes for brewable food items. The soylent foods are a wonderful thing, but they all (besides Soylent Green, but not many players are in need of plant food) have a common issue, and that's their usage of green transmutes, which we've established are something players tend to save for the brewable skins and accents. I would like to suggest a new line of craftable food items, using mid-range level transmutes, as a way for players to both get rid of their excess, and to help in feeding their beloved lair. For the purpose of this post, I will dub the new food items “Souplent ---”, because I'm clearly a remarkably witty person. Also, soup is tasty. Here are some suggestions for recipes, one for each food type: [quote][center]3x [item=yellow goo] + 3x [item=orange ooze] + 2x [item=red sludge] = 10x Souplent Yellow 3x [item=yellow sludge] + 3x [item=orange goo] + 2x [item=red ooze]= 10x Souplent Blue 3x [item=yellow ooze] + 3x [item=orange sludge] + 2x [item=red goo] = 10x Souplent Green 1x [item=purple sludge] + 1x [item=yellow sludge] + 2x [item=orange ooze] + 2x [item=orange goo] = 10x Souplent Red The colours correspond to the current Soylent food types, with each 'Souplent' food item being worth perhaps somewhere along 12 - 14 foodpoints. The treasure cost to brew each recipe would be 250T, the experience points gain would be 100XP, and I'd peg this as a lvl 8 recipe. [/center][/quote] [b]That's all the ideas I've thought up so far![/b] Now I'd like to open up for discussion and further suggestions from my fellow players. [img]http://i.imgur.com/1IgF3E1.png[/img] Do you fine folks have any other ideas for how one could get rid of their ever-increasing transmutes clog in the hoard? Improvement ideas of my suggested recipes? Perhaps a whole new line of stuff to make? Or just tossing in your approval or commentary on this all? Let 'em fly!
JCzgKiv.png

A few of the things mentioned here I've talked about in other threads, but I figured I should collect all my thoughts into one coherent post. Basically, there is a problem a lot of users have, and that is an abundance of certain colours of transmutes, clogging up their hoards.

To start things out, let's analyse some facts. Low-level/one (or two) star items such as green goo/ooze/sludge, grey slime and copper muck are some of the more valuable transmutes, according to AH prices.
Keep in mind that those values may fluctuate, so this is a general estimation that's spanning over several months worth of documentation.

The reason for this are the flight holidays, when Baldwin's Brew presents you with the option to brew the corresponding holiday's currency, plus one skin and one accent from the winning entries of that month.
The accent and skin have two standard recipes; 5 green ooze + 4 green sludge, or 5 green goo + 4 green sludge. The recipes also include 7500T (T = Treasure) and 10 each of an item you can find while using your gathering rounds for digging, but since those items shift for each separate holiday and are not transmutes in themselves, they're not included here.

There are several options for brewing up the holiday currency:

1 green goo + 25T + 35 minutes = 1 currency + 20XP (XP = Experience Points)
1 green ooze + 1 green sludge + 40T + 40 minutes = 2 currency + 25XP
1 yellow goo + 1 yellow ooze + 1 yellow sludge + 100T + 1 hour = 5 currency + 48XP
1 grey slime + 1 copper muck + 200T + 2 hours and 50 minutes = 20 currency + 130XP

To get the most bang for their buck, and to save green transmutes for skin and accent brewing, most users go with the 20 currency option. These recipes are why the low-level items are some of the most valuable to FR players.

T8oZDyv.png

Due to many players relentlessly reducing items from their hoard in quest of green transmutes/copper muck/grey slime, and the fact that transmutes are not hoard-sellable, this has caused the issue I'd like to present some options to here.
Tons and tons of 99-stacks of yellow to purple transmutes are stuck forever in their hoards, practically unusable and AH-unsellable unless one were to brew up hundreds of some things available as recipes in Baldwin's brew, which also requires valuable grey slime or green transmutes, or other items of high regard.

How does one go about fixing this? It's no fun having, for example, 600+ orange ooze just sitting there collecting dust, after all.

fpXPz8v.png

My first solution, one I'm slightly iffy on but could have it's definite advantages, would be to make the transmutes hoard-sellable. That way users could clear out their hoard/vault as they please. This would also mean transmutes could be re-reduced in the cauldron. As this might go against some of the aesthetic goals of Baldwin's Brew, I won't go further into the pros and cons of this solution.

The second solution would be to introduce more recipes for higher amounts of currency, something I talked about in this thread, where players discussed the abundance of silver muck they had in their hoards:

McMod wrote on 2016-06-17:
Chipping in with some support for the festival currency idea, with a base idea of a recipe for perhaps 50 currency?

1x Silver Muck + 2x Orange Goo + 2x Orange Ooze + 2x Orange Sludge
+ 1x Yellow Goo + 1x Yellow Ooze + 1x Yellow Sludge

+ 300 treasure + 4.5 hours of brewing time = 50 festival currency + 350XP

Transmute colours/time/treasure/XP gain could be altered for even higher amounts of currency as well.

As noted, this base recipe could be altered for even larger amounts (replace yellows with reds, combining three-four different colours, etc), and include slimes as well. I'd suggest this be a level 4 recipe.

The third solution also involves more recipes, but this time for new items, namely brew-only holiday apparel, or holiday-only vistas!
For the vistas, I would suggest they cycle, like the elemental runes. So there would be one vista for each flight, available only in Baldwin's Brew during that flight's holiday week.
I've not thought too much about possible brew-only holiday apparel items, since we're already presented with a few each holiday in the Festive Favors shop.

Here is another suggestion for a recipe, this time for the possible flight holiday vistas:

Quote:
1x White Slime + 1x Black Slime + 10x Orange Sludge + 5x Red Goo
+ 2x Purple Ooze + 2x Purple Sludge + 1x Blue Goo

(+ 10x of a gathering item found while digging in the relevant flight's area) + 9000T + 6 hours brew time
= a flight holiday vista + 650XP

I took the liberty of cutting down on the brew time compared to the brewable vistas we have and balancing it out with a higher treasure cost and less XP gain, to make it fit as lower-level recipe, perhaps somewhere around lvl 5 - 7.

EDIT: Well, the vistas was indeed a thing which happened (yay!), but for the Favors shop, so this suggestion is off the board./b]

A fourth solution would be to introduce further recipes for brewable food items. The soylent foods are a wonderful thing, but they all (besides Soylent Green, but not many players are in need of plant food) have a common issue, and that's their usage of green transmutes, which we've established are something players tend to save for the brewable skins and accents.

I would like to suggest a new line of craftable food items, using mid-range level transmutes, as a way for players to both get rid of their excess, and to help in feeding their beloved lair. For the purpose of this post, I will dub the new food items “Souplent ---”, because I'm clearly a remarkably witty person. Also, soup is tasty.

Here are some suggestions for recipes, one for each food type:

Quote:
3x Yellow Goo + 3x Orange Ooze + 2x Red Sludge = 10x Souplent Yellow

3x Yellow Sludge + 3x Orange Goo + 2x Red Ooze = 10x Souplent Blue

3x Yellow Ooze + 3x Orange Sludge + 2x Red Goo = 10x Souplent Green

1x Purple Sludge + 1x Yellow Sludge + 2x Orange Ooze + 2x Orange Goo
= 10x Souplent Red

The colours correspond to the current Soylent food types, with each 'Souplent' food item being worth perhaps somewhere along 12 - 14 foodpoints.

The treasure cost to brew each recipe would be 250T, the experience points gain would be 100XP, and I'd peg this as a lvl 8 recipe.

That's all the ideas I've thought up so far! Now I'd like to open up for discussion and further suggestions from my fellow players.

1IgF3E1.png

Do you fine folks have any other ideas for how one could get rid of their ever-increasing transmutes clog in the hoard? Improvement ideas of my suggested recipes? Perhaps a whole new line of stuff to make? Or just tossing in your approval or commentary on this all?
Let 'em fly!
tumblr_ovscf7Aa9d1s4p3fvo1_400.png
[center][size=5][b][u]The sounding box[/u][/b][/size][/center] After some initial discussion, I made a poll where you can leave your feedback regarding what transmutes you want to see being used more in the future! [center][url=http://goo.gl/forms/7MJDjHuj7pOsXrfM2][size=5][b][color=red]Click here for poll link[/color][/b][/size][/url][/center] Please feel free to concoct your own recipes for possible brews, and I'll put those up here as well! I made my suggestions based mainly on percentages, so hearing from the players themselves can only make this better. [quote][center][b]Conclusions so far:[/b][/center] Orange and Purple transmutes seems to currently be the least in demand, while Red is more valuable to folks than I believed it to be. A re-working of certain recipes would be in order if more players agree with this line of thinking. [/quote]
The sounding box

After some initial discussion, I made a poll where you can leave your feedback regarding what transmutes you want to see being used more in the future!

Please feel free to concoct your own recipes for possible brews, and I'll put those up here as well! I made my suggestions based mainly on percentages, so hearing from the players themselves can only make this better.

Quote:
Conclusions so far:

Orange and Purple transmutes seems to currently be the least in demand, while Red is more valuable to folks than I believed it to be. A re-working of certain recipes would be in order if more players agree with this line of thinking.

[center][size=5][b][u]Links and Things[/u][/b][/size][/center] [center]Spread the word with some words that move, right here in your signature! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1902096][img]http://i.imgur.com/AVS8slt.gif[/img][/url] [code] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1902096][img]http://i.imgur.com/AVS8slt.gif[/img][/url] [/code][/center]
Links and Things

Spread the word with some words that move, right here in your signature!

AVS8slt.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1902096][img]http://i.imgur.com/AVS8slt.gif[/img][/url]
I like this idea! It's such a pain to have all those unusable goops and suchlike hanging around. Also, well-done with the visual aids! A+ very cute. ^_^
I like this idea! It's such a pain to have all those unusable goops and suchlike hanging around. Also, well-done with the visual aids! A+ very cute. ^_^
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I agree with Trix fully on this, I only have 1 of each green but full stacks of all the other colors! Also dragon food soup sounds weirdly delicious?
I agree with Trix fully on this, I only have 1 of each green but full stacks of all the other colors! Also dragon food soup sounds weirdly delicious?
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
I believe that red is used in time-limited NoN recipe? I distinctly remember it being in high demand at some point.

Support, however. The more ways to use the stuff, the better! :D
I believe that red is used in time-limited NoN recipe? I distinctly remember it being in high demand at some point.

Support, however. The more ways to use the stuff, the better! :D
Yes please, I would love this. I've kind of wound down on bothering to brew because i have cruddy luck and it gets tiring being given everything but what you want and having those things also be near useless because they're not used for any recipe's that are frequently brewed :\ I'm actually kind of disappointed we haven't had higher denominations that use the rarer materials sooner.

Also really like the cycled vista/apparel ideas, that'd be kind of nifty to see.
Yes please, I would love this. I've kind of wound down on bothering to brew because i have cruddy luck and it gets tiring being given everything but what you want and having those things also be near useless because they're not used for any recipe's that are frequently brewed :\ I'm actually kind of disappointed we haven't had higher denominations that use the rarer materials sooner.

Also really like the cycled vista/apparel ideas, that'd be kind of nifty to see.
Seeking:
Shadow/Heather/Wisteria
Bonus if already an Aberration
PM if interested in selling
I think in general this is a very good idea, but I'd like to submit the idea that purple and orange are the MOST unused. Quite a few things use red, actually, to the point where I have far lower numbers of it than the supposedly rarer purple. So I'd rather not have toooo much overuse of red--let us have a use for the orange and purple that are pretty much useless.

Yeah I just checked my hoard and I have over TWICE AS MUCH purple as red of everything.
I think in general this is a very good idea, but I'd like to submit the idea that purple and orange are the MOST unused. Quite a few things use red, actually, to the point where I have far lower numbers of it than the supposedly rarer purple. So I'd rather not have toooo much overuse of red--let us have a use for the orange and purple that are pretty much useless.

Yeah I just checked my hoard and I have over TWICE AS MUCH purple as red of everything.
@luccamajere

Based on the recipes we currently have, and in pure numbers, purple seems to be used slightly more but it all depends on what things players brew up on an individual basis. I compiled these suggestion recipes after the items' star quality, aka how rare they're supposed to be, and thusly using more of the lesser star items.

There could be a recipe which uses only purples and oranges though for sure! Seeing my collection of 400+ purple sludges, I sure would want something myself to get rid of those.
Perhaps I could revise the Souplent recipes to make each one a bit more unique and varied, since right now they're pretty much the same all around.
@luccamajere

Based on the recipes we currently have, and in pure numbers, purple seems to be used slightly more but it all depends on what things players brew up on an individual basis. I compiled these suggestion recipes after the items' star quality, aka how rare they're supposed to be, and thusly using more of the lesser star items.

There could be a recipe which uses only purples and oranges though for sure! Seeing my collection of 400+ purple sludges, I sure would want something myself to get rid of those.
Perhaps I could revise the Souplent recipes to make each one a bit more unique and varied, since right now they're pretty much the same all around.
[quote name="luccamajere" date=2016-06-22 17:01:19] I think in general this is a very good idea, but I'd like to submit the idea that purple and orange are the MOST unused. Quite a few things use red, actually, to the point where I have far lower numbers of it than the supposedly rarer purple. So I'd rather not have toooo much overuse of red--let us have a use for the orange and purple that are pretty much useless. Yeah I just checked my hoard and I have over TWICE AS MUCH purple as red of everything. [/quote] I agree, since stuff like Sizzling Phosphorus, something required for other recipes, is a useful item that takes red. I think the Infused Fragment does as well? I'm not sure offhand. I definitely support more things using orange and purple. Orange Sludge and Purple Ooze are two things that I always have more of than anything else because they rarely have a use. I am pleased though that one of the Vistas takes five orange sludge, but that's only a start. But I support, otherwise! I'd love to see more uses for that stuff, and having more food brewables plus festival brewables that required rarer things would be a great start!
luccamajere wrote on 2016-06-22:

I agree, since stuff like Sizzling Phosphorus, something required for other recipes, is a useful item that takes red. I think the Infused Fragment does as well? I'm not sure offhand.

I definitely support more things using orange and purple. Orange Sludge and Purple Ooze are two things that I always have more of than anything else because they rarely have a use. I am pleased though that one of the Vistas takes five orange sludge, but that's only a start.

But I support, otherwise! I'd love to see more uses for that stuff, and having more food brewables plus festival brewables that required rarer things would be a great start!
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3 4