Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29
[quote name="Sherushi" date=2016-06-17 14:42:50] I'd prefer a new set of prizes. I like the quest idea, but it would ruin the thrill of questing for things when you already have purchased all of the sprites. [/quote] New shiny stuff is always better than old moldy stuff! :D
Sherushi wrote on 2016-06-17:
I'd prefer a new set of prizes. I like the quest idea, but it would ruin the thrill of questing for things when you already have purchased all of the sprites.
New shiny stuff is always better than old moldy stuff! :D
[quote name="ghooostie" date=2016-06-18 12:47:36] [quote name="SmaugsTreasure" date=2016-06-18 10:34:44] @/McAlli I remember seeing posts where it is mentioned that the staff did a poll on whether not to retire the sprites. I did buy the rest of the bears and the acolytes from the auction house because I didn't want to wait for them to come around again. I hate to bring up dragon cave again, but the argument 'Retired is retired', and 'They are never coming back' on dragon there were two dragons that the creator of the site said was never coming back. Only this year TJ went back on that and one was unretired, and the other one was redesigned. The point is that retired doesn't always mean retired. I do not trust him any less because he went back his word, I still trust that he will introduce new dragons, new holiday dragons, and that he put a new game or activity for the hoildays. There are also semi-retired dragons on the site, in that you can still certain dragons but not cave borns. These are the valentines, Halloween, and Christmas dragons [/quote] Only difference here though, is that both of the dragons on DragonCave (Pink and Frills) were removed because the creator didn't want them there anymore The frills were removed because there was so much drama about their design, people kept complaining them so they kindly requested they no longer drop. They've seemingly since then sorted it out and rereleased them, and the pinks got a complete revamp. No one went back on their word. That's a pretty big difference from here, where the admins of the site have stated time and time again they're retired and not coming back. None of the dragons on DC are stated as "never coming back" [/quote] And again. The admins have said "We're not doing this" for other things and then done it. We literally just had one of those situations last week. So again, for the admins to say something isn't written in stone. If enough people generate a buzz then they are likely to reconsider and change because the admins should want what makes a majority of their userbase happy. But hey. That's just me.
ghooostie wrote on 2016-06-18:
SmaugsTreasure wrote on 2016-06-18:
@/McAlli

I remember seeing posts where it is mentioned that the staff did a poll on whether not to retire the sprites. I did buy the rest of the bears and the acolytes from the auction house because I didn't want to wait for them to come around again.

I hate to bring up dragon cave again, but the argument 'Retired is retired', and 'They are never coming back' on dragon there were two dragons that the creator of the site said was never coming back. Only this year TJ went back on that and one was unretired, and the other one was redesigned. The point is that retired doesn't always mean retired.
I do not trust him any less because he went back his word, I still trust that he will introduce new dragons, new holiday dragons, and that he put a new game or activity for the hoildays.

There are also semi-retired dragons on the site, in that you can still certain dragons but not cave borns. These are the valentines, Halloween, and Christmas dragons
Only difference here though, is that both of the dragons on DragonCave (Pink and Frills) were removed because the creator didn't want them there anymore
The frills were removed because there was so much drama about their design, people kept complaining them so they kindly requested they no longer drop. They've seemingly since then sorted it out and rereleased them, and the pinks got a complete revamp. No one went back on their word.

That's a pretty big difference from here, where the admins of the site have stated time and time again they're retired and not coming back. None of the dragons on DC are stated as "never coming back"

And again. The admins have said "We're not doing this" for other things and then done it. We literally just had one of those situations last week. So again, for the admins to say something isn't written in stone. If enough people generate a buzz then they are likely to reconsider and change because the admins should want what makes a majority of their userbase happy. But hey. That's just me.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Feel free to show where and when they stated they'd never expand the colour wheel then. All I've seen them say is "we'll have X amount to begin with"
Feel free to show where and when they stated they'd never expand the colour wheel then. All I've seen them say is "we'll have X amount to begin with"
I really love this idea! I've always supported a way to bring a small trickle of sprites into the site, and I think this is the best suggestion I've heard!

It's challenging, yet sounds fun. It builds interaction with site lore. It's a good item, dragon and money sink. Full support!
I really love this idea! I've always supported a way to bring a small trickle of sprites into the site, and I think this is the best suggestion I've heard!

It's challenging, yet sounds fun. It builds interaction with site lore. It's a good item, dragon and money sink. Full support!
jCVhFoZ.gif
You really thought this out!

I can completely support this. And yes, I DO own sprites, several, been considering going after the Light Sprite.
And honestly thinking the admins will never go back on their word is just, they will. There is no WELL they said NEVER but literally things like that happen all the time. Like, go look at other animal sim games.

I really do love this idea.

What might be an idea, someone said it earlier but not in the mood to hunt it down in all these pages, is if you're in nature and want an Arcane sprite, maybe you have to train them and send them to another player of that flight? The only thing is it might go towards their quest then... Unsure. Hm.

But really, this is super well thought out and you have support from me.
You really thought this out!

I can completely support this. And yes, I DO own sprites, several, been considering going after the Light Sprite.
And honestly thinking the admins will never go back on their word is just, they will. There is no WELL they said NEVER but literally things like that happen all the time. Like, go look at other animal sim games.

I really do love this idea.

What might be an idea, someone said it earlier but not in the mood to hunt it down in all these pages, is if you're in nature and want an Arcane sprite, maybe you have to train them and send them to another player of that flight? The only thing is it might go towards their quest then... Unsure. Hm.

But really, this is super well thought out and you have support from me.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
Oh, I thought I already weighed in on this. But I guess I haven't. Either way, I have always supported some type of quest/event/plot to earn old items (and maybe even some new items too).
Oh, I thought I already weighed in on this. But I guess I haven't. Either way, I have always supported some type of quest/event/plot to earn old items (and maybe even some new items too).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Just wanted to say that I LOVE this idea, regardless of whether or not sprites were included in the prize pool (although that would give me much more incentive to invest the time). At the very least, it would give me something to do other than play Artifracture. :P
Just wanted to say that I LOVE this idea, regardless of whether or not sprites were included in the prize pool (although that would give me much more incentive to invest the time). At the very least, it would give me something to do other than play Artifracture. :P
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
[quote name="ghooostie" date=2016-06-18 09:15:11] It doesn't matter if you think it's a "silly" reason. They were announced when they came out as never coming back. They've been repeatedly marked by the admins, several dozens times as retired and never coming back. They will not come back, no matter how many times people think up new ways to get them back. They're retired, they'll stay retired. Yes they let the community choose if they wanted the bears to retire too or come back. And people generally agree not retiring them was a terrible idea, because they're worth bugger all and are so abundant. That doesn't have relevance to prior festival items. And they are different. Sprites are different from bears in that they're retired. Permanently. And always will be. Bears aren't. [/quote] Pretty much sums up my thoughts every time a board like this comes up for sprites.
ghooostie wrote on 2016-06-18:
It doesn't matter if you think it's a "silly" reason. They were announced when they came out as never coming back. They've been repeatedly marked by the admins, several dozens times as retired and never coming back.
They will not come back, no matter how many times people think up new ways to get them back. They're retired, they'll stay retired.

Yes they let the community choose if they wanted the bears to retire too or come back. And people generally agree not retiring them was a terrible idea, because they're worth bugger all and are so abundant. That doesn't have relevance to prior festival items.

And they are different. Sprites are different from bears in that they're retired. Permanently. And always will be. Bears aren't.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts every time a board like this comes up for sprites.
Communication is key.
When you unlock to believe, can you see what I see?
Searchlights, looking for the watcher in the sky.
Bringing the sprites back in any capacity is a bad idea. Pet sites are a lot more fun with super rare items that are almost impossible to get.

When you start out you feel like you missed out on stuff that happened only once. But then as you play the game you experience your own things that happen only once. Soon you're an established player with old rare things that show you've been playing the game. You can say status symbols like this are elitist but they're not. They're rewards for playing the game.

On top of that the sprites are in no way required to play and enjoy flight rising. They have 0 effect on actual gameplay so there really isn't a good reason to bring them back.
Bringing the sprites back in any capacity is a bad idea. Pet sites are a lot more fun with super rare items that are almost impossible to get.

When you start out you feel like you missed out on stuff that happened only once. But then as you play the game you experience your own things that happen only once. Soon you're an established player with old rare things that show you've been playing the game. You can say status symbols like this are elitist but they're not. They're rewards for playing the game.

On top of that the sprites are in no way required to play and enjoy flight rising. They have 0 effect on actual gameplay so there really isn't a good reason to bring them back.
uLmqGa6.png
Support. This would be good for the next big lore chapter (the last one being Beastclans). I didn't have time to read through the whole thing but it looks very excellent :)
Support. This would be good for the next big lore chapter (the last one being Beastclans). I didn't have time to read through the whole thing but it looks very excellent :)
olly / 15
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29