Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
@liantal You can also argue they are harmful to the economy, to quote my friend gema who can explain it better then I can: [quote]Finally remember #10 10) Too much economic control in the hands of very few players. Selling a 2013 sprite, especially a light sprite, or early year one clothing and skins, puts a lot of gems in the hands of one person. Those gems, in turn, can be used to buy a lot of stuff around site and give that person a huge economic advantage. This is most apparent in Dom pushes and new gene releases. 11) Ties in with number 10, but this is causing a lot of inflation on the gem:treasure ratio. Most of these year one items are sold for gems, that means players in the race for year one items are scrambling to convert their treasure into gems in order to buy these. That makes gems more valuable, driving the ratio up and negatively impacting every user on the site, even those who are completely uninterested in year one items. Furthermore, players really are scrambling for the funds needed for these items before they disappear. That means lots of Coli grinding, Fairgrounds cap, exalting, and whatnot to bring money into the system. The problem is, that money isn't leaving the system as quickly. That's why so many other suggestions mention treasure sinks, and that's one of the reasons Joxar's Box was conceived. And when players do buy their much-sought year one items, that money just changes hands. But it still sticks around in the system, leading the problem point 10 mentions [/quote] Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2216742/10#post_27983962 To add to that it also shows clear favoritism from the staff, even if it was unintentional. The retired year 2 and 3 items won't be reaching the same value as their year 1 counterparts for a long time. And year 4 and onwards won't ever see that kind of value at all, so why should the staff give more priority to their older players? Of course they shouldn't pick newer over older players either, I am aware things were different in the site's first year but that is no excuse. As for people wanting Beta/KS/Downtime items to be unretired, that is a massively false assumption, a lot of people even if they'd like to see the festival items cycle do not support the other retired items to come back simply because there is one important key difference. Beta/KS/downtine/Anniversary are all gifts or rewards for something. The festival items on the other hand are not. So there also is no point in putting them up on a pedestal as if they were a KS item because they aren't. [quote]Furthermore no one will trust the admins anymore which will lead to a toxic and doubting community.[/quote] This argument is pretty stupid, allow me to explain. The staff has changed their minds before about multiple things they said they wouldn't do/didn't want to do (I have some examples of this if you'd like to see them) Yet I don't see anyone crying of broken trust there, my friend Gema at times has asked around on other suggestions that if the staff were to implement them or change something if they can still be trusted and the response is usually "Yes we can still trust them, it'd be silly not to" However it's only with any sort of suggestion to unretire the festival items that the staff becomes "untrustworthy" Which...makes no sense at all what so ever, why can we still trust them if they change their minds about anything else but not this? If people choose not to trust the staff anymore if they go back on this...well that is up to them really. Secondly the user base already can be pretty toxic, speaking of personal experience here me and a few others have been harassed just for saying we'd like to see these items cycled rather then retired. Now my experience wasn't to awful but for some of the others it was less pleasant. And due to it being done anomalously both on/off site we sadly couldn't report these people to the staff. I don't really see people being harassed over their opinion on pixels as a "non toxic" thing. [quote]Also: the really expensive retired items have a stable value since almost two years. Why is everyone acting like they are suddenly no longer available?[/quote] To be fair I've seen people act as if the staff is going to kill a puppy, or show up on their door step to beat them up if they unretire the festival items. *shrug* But for how long will that remain? Sure they are stable now but will that still be over 5 years? We just can't know that. What about in 20 years if FR still exists, will these items still be around then or will they have gone "extinct"? If the staff were to decide to do something about it then it will most likely be a ton harder to find a proper balance between "open the flood gates" (which nobody wants) and "very hard to get but not impossible" So why not nip it in the butt while it's still doable?
@liantal

You can also argue they are harmful to the economy, to quote my friend gema who can explain it better then I can:
Quote:
Finally remember #10
10) Too much economic control in the hands of very few players. Selling a 2013 sprite, especially a light sprite, or early year one clothing and skins, puts a lot of gems in the hands of one person. Those gems, in turn, can be used to buy a lot of stuff around site and give that person a huge economic advantage. This is most apparent in Dom pushes and new gene releases.

11) Ties in with number 10, but this is causing a lot of inflation on the gem:treasure ratio. Most of these year one items are sold for gems, that means players in the race for year one items are scrambling to convert their treasure into gems in order to buy these. That makes gems more valuable, driving the ratio up and negatively impacting every user on the site, even those who are completely uninterested in year one items. Furthermore, players really are scrambling for the funds needed for these items before they disappear. That means lots of Coli grinding, Fairgrounds cap, exalting, and whatnot to bring money into the system. The problem is, that money isn't leaving the system as quickly. That's why so many other suggestions mention treasure sinks, and that's one of the reasons Joxar's Box was conceived. And when players do buy their much-sought year one items, that money just changes hands. But it still sticks around in the system, leading the problem point 10 mentions

Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2216742/10#post_27983962

To add to that it also shows clear favoritism from the staff, even if it was unintentional. The retired year 2 and 3 items won't be reaching the same value as their year 1 counterparts for a long time. And year 4 and onwards won't ever see that kind of value at all, so why should the staff give more priority to their older players? Of course they shouldn't pick newer over older players either, I am aware things were different in the site's first year but that is no excuse.

As for people wanting Beta/KS/Downtime items to be unretired, that is a massively false assumption, a lot of people even if they'd like to see the festival items cycle do not support the other retired items to come back simply because there is one important key difference. Beta/KS/downtine/Anniversary are all gifts or rewards for something. The festival items on the other hand are not. So there also is no point in putting them up on a pedestal as if they were a KS item because they aren't.

Quote:
Furthermore no one will trust the admins anymore which will lead to a toxic and doubting community.

This argument is pretty stupid, allow me to explain.

The staff has changed their minds before about multiple things they said they wouldn't do/didn't want to do (I have some examples of this if you'd like to see them)

Yet I don't see anyone crying of broken trust there, my friend Gema at times has asked around on other suggestions that if the staff were to implement them or change something if they can still be trusted and the response is usually "Yes we can still trust them, it'd be silly not to" However it's only with any sort of suggestion to unretire the festival items that the staff becomes "untrustworthy" Which...makes no sense at all what so ever, why can we still trust them if they change their minds about anything else but not this?

If people choose not to trust the staff anymore if they go back on this...well that is up to them really. Secondly the user base already can be pretty toxic, speaking of personal experience here me and a few others have been harassed just for saying we'd like to see these items cycled rather then retired. Now my experience wasn't to awful but for some of the others it was less pleasant. And due to it being done anomalously both on/off site we sadly couldn't report these people to the staff.

I don't really see people being harassed over their opinion on pixels as a "non toxic" thing.

Quote:
Also: the really expensive retired items have a stable value since almost two years. Why is everyone acting like they are suddenly no longer available?

To be fair I've seen people act as if the staff is going to kill a puppy, or show up on their door step to beat them up if they unretire the festival items. *shrug* But for how long will that remain? Sure they are stable now but will that still be over 5 years? We just can't know that. What about in 20 years if FR still exists, will these items still be around then or will they have gone "extinct"? If the staff were to decide to do something about it then it will most likely be a ton harder to find a proper balance between "open the flood gates" (which nobody wants) and "very hard to get but not impossible"

So why not nip it in the butt while it's still doable?

DVcXRyP.png
But people will still buy them for others, after all if they have the ability to buy one straight away they don't have to bother with the quest system to obtain one.
Quote:
I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't believe just because someone simply 'wants' something just as much as others, they should be able to get it. The quest'll still be hard work. If it takes months to get treasure to buy that light sprite or sunchaser, then there's no difference. This quest is still hard grinding and RNG, that will take months. If you want a good grade in a test, you can't just 'want' it. You need to study efficiently and work hard. If you can't study more efficiently, then you make up for that with more time. Same thing here. Simply wanting is not a great reason in my opinion.

As for the long term. Right now, there is not a massive problem with supply. As people get gems to finally buy one, more people start to leave flight rising, or move on. No one will definitely know the price of anything in 2020, or how available items are, as well as the current players. More people will leave, and more people will join. Items will shift hands, and ect.

I love this idea, but I think it'll work much better with exclusive items. The only problem people actually have is the light festival stuff, and their supply is still stable even after two years. Hard work is both required in the quest and making treasure, and many people can easily make millions through simple Baldwin. Just by checking in after half an hour, they can make money. I don't believe that no one can't use Baldwin, it's in every newbie guide to making fast treasure. The price right now is achievable. As for the real life cost argument, $400 doesn't mean anything if you don't spend any money, You could earn gems easily and buy as many gems as you want. No one is forcing you to buy a light sprite with real money, it's a choice.

There is one big key difference however you would be correct this would still require a ton of work and that is the whole point, nobody here wants these items just handed to them on a silver platter.

But the difference is with this people are GUANRANTEED a light sprite VS having to work for a year or more to buy one because things can change, their prices might've not changed in a long time now but do you think that will still be in the future? Will Light sprites still cost 40kG then? Or will people have to save up even more to even buy one?

But people will still buy them for others, after all if they have the ability to buy one straight away they don't have to bother with the quest system to obtain one.
Quote:
I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't believe just because someone simply 'wants' something just as much as others, they should be able to get it. The quest'll still be hard work. If it takes months to get treasure to buy that light sprite or sunchaser, then there's no difference. This quest is still hard grinding and RNG, that will take months. If you want a good grade in a test, you can't just 'want' it. You need to study efficiently and work hard. If you can't study more efficiently, then you make up for that with more time. Same thing here. Simply wanting is not a great reason in my opinion.

As for the long term. Right now, there is not a massive problem with supply. As people get gems to finally buy one, more people start to leave flight rising, or move on. No one will definitely know the price of anything in 2020, or how available items are, as well as the current players. More people will leave, and more people will join. Items will shift hands, and ect.

I love this idea, but I think it'll work much better with exclusive items. The only problem people actually have is the light festival stuff, and their supply is still stable even after two years. Hard work is both required in the quest and making treasure, and many people can easily make millions through simple Baldwin. Just by checking in after half an hour, they can make money. I don't believe that no one can't use Baldwin, it's in every newbie guide to making fast treasure. The price right now is achievable. As for the real life cost argument, $400 doesn't mean anything if you don't spend any money, You could earn gems easily and buy as many gems as you want. No one is forcing you to buy a light sprite with real money, it's a choice.

There is one big key difference however you would be correct this would still require a ton of work and that is the whole point, nobody here wants these items just handed to them on a silver platter.

But the difference is with this people are GUANRANTEED a light sprite VS having to work for a year or more to buy one because things can change, their prices might've not changed in a long time now but do you think that will still be in the future? Will Light sprites still cost 40kG then? Or will people have to save up even more to even buy one?

DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="@oOKookieOo" date=2017-07-20 13:42:25] I think that this is a good idea for the new players who want old retired items, but can't get them because they don't have enough money. I actually have an idea for the old items that everybody wants. I know it might sound crazy, but maybe the sprites and other rare goods you earn from this shouldn't be sellable. This idea has a lot of pros and cons, but if you're an honest person like me and many others out there, you really only would do the deity quests to have the items for your dragons. I don't know how that would be possible, but it might be good for stopping people who try to use multiple accounts to collect the sprites and then resell them. [/quote] I don't think it's fair to post those of us who'd like to keep our things as "honest" whereas players who would rather sell are not. Every players intentions, so long as they don't actively scam another, are honest intentions. Some people would rather have the money, some would rather have the item. Both are fine. I don't think it would be a good idea to account lock the items from the Deity Quest, because that would throw a wrench into some players play-style. What about an older player who gets a Golem Gauntlet, doesn't want it or doesn't need it, but then can't sell it for the gems they need to buy themselves that brand new Gem Gene that just came out and is perfect for their dream dragon? That wouldn't be fair, and having things you don't want/need stuck in your hoard is personally one of my largest pet peeves. -stares at these ugly ass crowns in my vault- But, every player who completes the quest can only get [i]one [/i]of each item. So if you sell the thing, that's it. If you want it back, you'll have to find another avenue to acquire it, because the Quest will [i]not [/i]give you another one. I feel that, for Collectors in the least, that will be enough to make them keep the item. And, if people sell them, that means more items for the people who are looking to buy. I have a feeling that with the idea that you work your butt off and only get one of each thing, most people would end up keeping their single copy, [i]especially [/i]when it comes to 2014 items.
@oOKookieOo wrote on 2017-07-20:
I think that this is a good idea for the new players who want old retired items, but can't get them because they don't have enough money.

I actually have an idea for the old items that everybody wants. I know it might sound crazy, but maybe the sprites and other rare goods you earn from this shouldn't be sellable. This idea has a lot of pros and cons, but if you're an honest person like me and many others out there, you really only would do the deity quests to have the items for your dragons. I don't know how that would be possible, but it might be good for stopping people who try to use multiple accounts to collect the sprites and then resell them.

I don't think it's fair to post those of us who'd like to keep our things as "honest" whereas players who would rather sell are not. Every players intentions, so long as they don't actively scam another, are honest intentions. Some people would rather have the money, some would rather have the item. Both are fine.

I don't think it would be a good idea to account lock the items from the Deity Quest, because that would throw a wrench into some players play-style. What about an older player who gets a Golem Gauntlet, doesn't want it or doesn't need it, but then can't sell it for the gems they need to buy themselves that brand new Gem Gene that just came out and is perfect for their dream dragon? That wouldn't be fair, and having things you don't want/need stuck in your hoard is personally one of my largest pet peeves. -stares at these ugly *** crowns in my vault-

But, every player who completes the quest can only get one of each item. So if you sell the thing, that's it. If you want it back, you'll have to find another avenue to acquire it, because the Quest will not give you another one. I feel that, for Collectors in the least, that will be enough to make them keep the item. And, if people sell them, that means more items for the people who are looking to buy. I have a feeling that with the idea that you work your butt off and only get one of each thing, most people would end up keeping their single copy, especially when it comes to 2014 items.

Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@McAlli

I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound that way? I was just worried that people would Multiaccount and would sell the items and cause the item's value to drop to really low amounts. I think your point is right though that if people go through all that effort to get something they might not sell it. And if they did sell it and want it back then they would most definitely need to find another way of getting it back. I personally don't really mind things being in my hoard, but others may see it as a bother. It really wouldn't be fair to the people who want it gone to have it stuck in their hoard.
@McAlli

I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound that way? I was just worried that people would Multiaccount and would sell the items and cause the item's value to drop to really low amounts. I think your point is right though that if people go through all that effort to get something they might not sell it. And if they did sell it and want it back then they would most definitely need to find another way of getting it back. I personally don't really mind things being in my hoard, but others may see it as a bother. It really wouldn't be fair to the people who want it gone to have it stuck in their hoard.
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
@oOKookieOo

I understand. Unfortunately, people are going to multi-account are going to do it regardless. And when Open Registration eventually becomes a thing in the future, it is going to be that much harder to enforce that rules, especially since you want to be careful in catching innocent family members/roommates in the crossfire.

In many ways, though, multi-accounting on FR is not particularly lucrative. It takes enough time and resources to manage one account -- to make money, to gene and level and dress your dragons. Unless people are shipping leveled dragons from one account to the next, and willing to spend all that time on these Deity Quests -- the amount of effort it would take to manage both would hopefully be too annoying to justify to most folks. But, surely, there will be people who do that, and there's little to be done about it.

Most people on FR only have one account, or only one account they frequent (as I've heard about some folks who have more than one, but one is abandoned bc of forgotten passwords or locked emails or they simply wanted a fresh start but didn't want to deal with exalting everyone/changing flights/changing their name, etc). So I don't think it would be a huge problem.
@oOKookieOo

I understand. Unfortunately, people are going to multi-account are going to do it regardless. And when Open Registration eventually becomes a thing in the future, it is going to be that much harder to enforce that rules, especially since you want to be careful in catching innocent family members/roommates in the crossfire.

In many ways, though, multi-accounting on FR is not particularly lucrative. It takes enough time and resources to manage one account -- to make money, to gene and level and dress your dragons. Unless people are shipping leveled dragons from one account to the next, and willing to spend all that time on these Deity Quests -- the amount of effort it would take to manage both would hopefully be too annoying to justify to most folks. But, surely, there will be people who do that, and there's little to be done about it.

Most people on FR only have one account, or only one account they frequent (as I've heard about some folks who have more than one, but one is abandoned bc of forgotten passwords or locked emails or they simply wanted a fresh start but didn't want to deal with exalting everyone/changing flights/changing their name, etc). So I don't think it would be a huge problem.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29