Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
No support - adding the retired items back into the pool of getable items would devalue them for players who were around to get the original reward. They are the benefit of being an early adopter of the site and providing the site with the support needed to get it off the ground. Additionally, people are saying "you would never sell this because you can only get one" but LOTS of people would sell them because they are worth so much money. It would flood the economy with items that admins promised would stay retired.

I think this is an interesting mechanic that could be used for NEW rare items, to add some valuable items to the pool of the economy thus making it easier for new players to earn the retired items as well (i.e. I could work my behind off to get the NEW-FANCY-ITEM-X which sells for 15000G or whatever, and add that to my vault for my eventual light sprite, or maybe someone with a light sprite would trade it for NEW-FANCY-ITEM-X + NEW-FANCY-ITEM-Y + NEW-FANCY-ITEM-Z so it could provide a new avenue to get retired items.

regardless, I dont think retired items should be reintroduced to the economy.
No support - adding the retired items back into the pool of getable items would devalue them for players who were around to get the original reward. They are the benefit of being an early adopter of the site and providing the site with the support needed to get it off the ground. Additionally, people are saying "you would never sell this because you can only get one" but LOTS of people would sell them because they are worth so much money. It would flood the economy with items that admins promised would stay retired.

I think this is an interesting mechanic that could be used for NEW rare items, to add some valuable items to the pool of the economy thus making it easier for new players to earn the retired items as well (i.e. I could work my behind off to get the NEW-FANCY-ITEM-X which sells for 15000G or whatever, and add that to my vault for my eventual light sprite, or maybe someone with a light sprite would trade it for NEW-FANCY-ITEM-X + NEW-FANCY-ITEM-Y + NEW-FANCY-ITEM-Z so it could provide a new avenue to get retired items.

regardless, I dont think retired items should be reintroduced to the economy.
rSvYfKQ.png MjqG2rA.png QFMsHc3.png
Perm dragons are first page of lair and first two pages of hibden :)
I especially support this with the new additions since I last saw this thread!!! Especially the limits and the need to complete the quest many times to get any high chances of the especially old retired items!!! KS items are ones people paid money into existence but it's always made me a little salty to take things COMPLETELY out of existence and punish folks who had no idea the site even existed when those were first coming out :0
I especially support this with the new additions since I last saw this thread!!! Especially the limits and the need to complete the quest many times to get any high chances of the especially old retired items!!! KS items are ones people paid money into existence but it's always made me a little salty to take things COMPLETELY out of existence and punish folks who had no idea the site even existed when those were first coming out :0
CdZTwZd.png
Wishlist | Art Samples | Deviantart | Custom Bio Examples
Looking for stoned Lvl 25s, preferably either Water or Nature. Preferably pretty or with potential. The ghostier/more halloweeny the better! Willing to offer mixed payment.
I'm generally saying "support". Sure there are kinks to be worked out and specifics to be discussed, but overall I'd like there to be a chance for everyone to work their way towards old and rare items. Which will be impossible if we have an ever rising number of new players wanting to work towards the same long-term-goal-item that is decidedly not unlimited. Sure, we can get some Sunchasers and Fugitive Shakles now. What about those after us though?

I like the slow trickle approach of the Joxar Spare Inventory, but something like an actual quest that might even involve team work and interaction with other players sounds intriguing as well. A quest that takes, time effort and dedication (same as the usual "light Sprite savings quest") would be just a bit more interesting.
I'm generally saying "support". Sure there are kinks to be worked out and specifics to be discussed, but overall I'd like there to be a chance for everyone to work their way towards old and rare items. Which will be impossible if we have an ever rising number of new players wanting to work towards the same long-term-goal-item that is decidedly not unlimited. Sure, we can get some Sunchasers and Fugitive Shakles now. What about those after us though?

I like the slow trickle approach of the Joxar Spare Inventory, but something like an actual quest that might even involve team work and interaction with other players sounds intriguing as well. A quest that takes, time effort and dedication (same as the usual "light Sprite savings quest") would be just a bit more interesting.
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
I love this idea, the quests sound so fun, and a great way to get items! However, I don't support any retired items such as sprites to be in the reward pool.

{DISCLAIMER: The following is my opinion. I welcome discussion and pinging, but in no way mean to attack anyone, and any tone in the following words is not intended to be harsh, or condescending. I love this idea, but would like some friendly debate ^^}

While I completely understand how this will help many newer and non-first year players obtain sprites, I don't believe they should be brought back, and a completely different set of items could be exclusive and available solely through this quest.

Also, I believe you are only talking about bringing festival first year items back, and no KS, Beta or Downtime items, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Right now, the main problem seem to be the light sprite and/or sunchaser. Anything below that is fairly achievable, even for newbies. However, by bringing them back like this, the market would crash. I understand that they will slowly trickle in, but the main problem is that although it is RNG based, there is still a chance that people can get it through the quest, and therefore no one will buy light sprites anymore. (I'm using that as an example) Now I know that it is only one sprite available for the quest (per account) to discourage resell, and reinforce that they're for collection. HOWEVER, there would be no incentive to buy a light sprite anymore. Since everyone can eventually get one with these quests, they'll get the bestiary slot they need, and have no need for a second one. Why? Because they have no value in investing, because everyone can get it through a quest. I'm going to use a Frost Delver as an example. You can get one through excessive grinding and RNG, although it's rare and hard to get. You need to put in effort to level your dragons, then grind the Golem Workshop. However, since almost everyone has that chance to get it, barely anyone will buy a Frost Delver from the Auction House. Addittionally, this increases the chance of botters on site, as well as multiaccounting.

I also support all festival items being retired. I personally did not and still don't agree with the Joxar's Inventory, allowing the creation of cycled festival (2016-2017) items. The only thing is that was the staff's compromise for people wanting retired items such as sprites back, making new festival items to be cycled through these boxes and not retired. However, even so, light sprites have not inflated as fast as people claim. When I first joined, I remember seeing them for 40kg. I took two hiatuses last year, and now they range greatly. I've seem 35kg flatsales on the forums, and the prices on the auction house are similar, but still less then 40kg. I do acknowledge the fact the light sprite rarity may be a thing in the future. Right now however, there are light sprites on the auction house, people selling in the forums and older players are constantly coming back to continue playing or quitting, and selling off their stuff off in the process. Many also trade theirs offsite, which leads me to my next point.

This new quest has a large aim to benefitting newer players obtaining rare items. This, in my opinion, is not necessarily a good thing. I have no hate towards newer players, in fact, I love them. However, there can be problems concerning how people on FR make their money. Regardless of how new you are, artists and accent/skin makers have the upper hand in FR market. Obtaining light sprites and rare items isn't necessarily harder for newer players. There are many newer players talented in various areas, and can easily obtain treasure and gems. Many players excited for welcome weeks do their research before hand. They check exactly what they want to do on the site, read up on guides for treasure, ect. Making treasure, coli guides and others. Many smart players who don't have much time on site can make a million a day without touching coliseum and site functions, and simply flipping the auction house. It simply depends on play style. Therefore, I don't believe it is impossible to get light sprites. There are people who are aiming for kickstarter items, which I know aren't the main focus here, but they are undeniably more expensive, up to 2-4 times more expensive.

I love this idea, the quests sound so fun, and a great way to get items! However, I don't support any retired items such as sprites to be in the reward pool.

{DISCLAIMER: The following is my opinion. I welcome discussion and pinging, but in no way mean to attack anyone, and any tone in the following words is not intended to be harsh, or condescending. I love this idea, but would like some friendly debate ^^}

While I completely understand how this will help many newer and non-first year players obtain sprites, I don't believe they should be brought back, and a completely different set of items could be exclusive and available solely through this quest.

Also, I believe you are only talking about bringing festival first year items back, and no KS, Beta or Downtime items, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Right now, the main problem seem to be the light sprite and/or sunchaser. Anything below that is fairly achievable, even for newbies. However, by bringing them back like this, the market would crash. I understand that they will slowly trickle in, but the main problem is that although it is RNG based, there is still a chance that people can get it through the quest, and therefore no one will buy light sprites anymore. (I'm using that as an example) Now I know that it is only one sprite available for the quest (per account) to discourage resell, and reinforce that they're for collection. HOWEVER, there would be no incentive to buy a light sprite anymore. Since everyone can eventually get one with these quests, they'll get the bestiary slot they need, and have no need for a second one. Why? Because they have no value in investing, because everyone can get it through a quest. I'm going to use a Frost Delver as an example. You can get one through excessive grinding and RNG, although it's rare and hard to get. You need to put in effort to level your dragons, then grind the Golem Workshop. However, since almost everyone has that chance to get it, barely anyone will buy a Frost Delver from the Auction House. Addittionally, this increases the chance of botters on site, as well as multiaccounting.

I also support all festival items being retired. I personally did not and still don't agree with the Joxar's Inventory, allowing the creation of cycled festival (2016-2017) items. The only thing is that was the staff's compromise for people wanting retired items such as sprites back, making new festival items to be cycled through these boxes and not retired. However, even so, light sprites have not inflated as fast as people claim. When I first joined, I remember seeing them for 40kg. I took two hiatuses last year, and now they range greatly. I've seem 35kg flatsales on the forums, and the prices on the auction house are similar, but still less then 40kg. I do acknowledge the fact the light sprite rarity may be a thing in the future. Right now however, there are light sprites on the auction house, people selling in the forums and older players are constantly coming back to continue playing or quitting, and selling off their stuff off in the process. Many also trade theirs offsite, which leads me to my next point.

This new quest has a large aim to benefitting newer players obtaining rare items. This, in my opinion, is not necessarily a good thing. I have no hate towards newer players, in fact, I love them. However, there can be problems concerning how people on FR make their money. Regardless of how new you are, artists and accent/skin makers have the upper hand in FR market. Obtaining light sprites and rare items isn't necessarily harder for newer players. There are many newer players talented in various areas, and can easily obtain treasure and gems. Many players excited for welcome weeks do their research before hand. They check exactly what they want to do on the site, read up on guides for treasure, ect. Making treasure, coli guides and others. Many smart players who don't have much time on site can make a million a day without touching coliseum and site functions, and simply flipping the auction house. It simply depends on play style. Therefore, I don't believe it is impossible to get light sprites. There are people who are aiming for kickstarter items, which I know aren't the main focus here, but they are undeniably more expensive, up to 2-4 times more expensive.

Snivy on Dappervolk! Offering 500/1000g for Hatching Slots :D Wishlist and Personal Quest
Offering Expedited Leveling
Trading Strange Chests for Eggs!
[quote]However, by bringing them back like this, the market would crash. I understand that they will slowly trickle in, but the main problem is that although it is RNG based, there is still a chance that people can get it through the quest, and therefore no one will buy light sprites anymore.[/quote] This is something i don't quite understand, how on earth are these items the only thing keeping the entire site economy stable? I honestly have my doubts they really are, secondly that would be pretty poor game design. Of course these items will decrease some in value, however I highly doubt they'll become worth immediate nothing, when we do finally have open reg the site will have a continuously growing user base. These quests are meant to take months to complete, so it's not like there is going to be a big flood of these items straight away. And what makes you think people won't wanna buy these items off players anymore? OP said you can only get ONE fest item this way, so if this was a thing and I'do the quest and get myself a sunchasers I can't do it again to get another sunchasers. If I wanted another one I'd have to buy it from someone else. Same goes for the skins/accents. I know most people focus on the sprites the most but the apparel and skins/accents are a thing too. Not everyone cares for the sprites, some just want the apparel or a old skin/accent to use on their dragons As for investments, I said it a 100 times already but investments are NOT concrete things, they were never meant to be, and what about the people who don't want to invest? They should be accounted for too don't you think? [quote]Addittionally, this increases the chance of botters on site, as well as multiaccounting. [/quote] That will always be a problem no matter what, so using that as a argument against cycling these items is...not very useful. People have botted for these items and the likes in the past as well so it's not like keeping them retired will prevent botters/multiaccounters from happening either. As for the final part, the entire problem with that is that it doesn't apply to everyone. Not every user is going to be able to make tons of treasure and gems easily no matter what, some people take months in order to do that. And they just wish to earn these items as much as anyone else and yes I know the prices haven;t changed much but they aren't going to be like that forever. Can I still buy a light sprite for 40K G in 2020? Or will it have gone up another 10K by then? mayve even 20KG who's to say. For many players these items serve as long term goals, but the thing about goals is they don't become harder to complete or vanish as time goes on. This suggestiong would ensure they remain a goal anyone can reach in their own time.
Quote:
However, by bringing them back like this, the market would crash. I understand that they will slowly trickle in, but the main problem is that although it is RNG based, there is still a chance that people can get it through the quest, and therefore no one will buy light sprites anymore.

This is something i don't quite understand, how on earth are these items the only thing keeping the entire site economy stable? I honestly have my doubts they really are, secondly that would be pretty poor game design.

Of course these items will decrease some in value, however I highly doubt they'll become worth immediate nothing, when we do finally have open reg the site will have a continuously growing user base. These quests are meant to take months to complete, so it's not like there is going to be a big flood of these items straight away. And what makes you think people won't wanna buy these items off players anymore? OP said you can only get ONE fest item this way, so if this was a thing and I'do the quest and get myself a sunchasers I can't do it again to get another sunchasers. If I wanted another one I'd have to buy it from someone else. Same goes for the skins/accents. I know most people focus on the sprites the most but the apparel and skins/accents are a thing too. Not everyone cares for the sprites, some just want the apparel or a old skin/accent to use on their dragons

As for investments, I said it a 100 times already but investments are NOT concrete things, they were never meant to be, and what about the people who don't want to invest? They should be accounted for too don't you think?
Quote:
Addittionally, this increases the chance of botters on site, as well as multiaccounting.

That will always be a problem no matter what, so using that as a argument against cycling these items is...not very useful. People have botted for these items and the likes in the past as well so it's not like keeping them retired will prevent botters/multiaccounters from happening either.

As for the final part, the entire problem with that is that it doesn't apply to everyone.

Not every user is going to be able to make tons of treasure and gems easily no matter what, some people take months in order to do that. And they just wish to earn these items as much as anyone else and yes I know the prices haven;t changed much but they aren't going to be like that forever. Can I still buy a light sprite for 40K G in 2020? Or will it have gone up another 10K by then? mayve even 20KG who's to say.

For many players these items serve as long term goals, but the thing about goals is they don't become harder to complete or vanish as time goes on. This suggestiong would ensure they remain a goal anyone can reach in their own time.

DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-07-20 05:56:09] This is something i don't quite understand, how on earth are these items the only thing keeping the entire site economy stable? I honestly have my doubts they really are, secondly that would be pretty poor game design. [/quote] @Apocalyptichorse Because a page needs some kind of long term motivation. To keep a healthy economy you'll need some kind of lategame appeal. Otherwise people will leave the page soon. One might say that the KS/Beta/Downtime are high profile items and lategame items but sadly they are so rate and expensive that there ate almost none. They are rarely on sale so if they are the only really retired items everyone and their dog will go for them and suddenly people will demand to unretire them just as anything else. If there is only the possibility for everyone to get sprites people will start to panic and sell their sprites before they will become too cheap. They will think "I will get one of them later but now I must limit my losses". And with that sprites (and every other no longer retired item) will plumb into nothingness and with no other expensive items the economy will crash. Things like these crash real life economies so a pet site won't be much different Furthermore no one will trust the admins anymore which will lead to a toxic and doubting community. I don't want to destroy the whole idea or just say that this should not happen because I want to keep my expensive retired items that I worked so hard for but I am one of the persons who managed to get almost all their goals except the Kickstarter/Beta and I have no longer any reason to come back to this page. I really love flight rising so every few months I try to come back, play a few days, but all the things I missed and feel hollow afterwards. It isn't fun to have nothing to work for. But apart from the retired part of the quest I really like the suggestion. It sounds fun, something to work for and would contain lore. I would even bring me back from my hiatus. If there were rare items to get which you could only get through this quest. The people who already have retired items would get new things, the economy wouldn't crash, the admins would keep their word and those who want retired items or sprites could trade their rare quest items for them. It would be a win-win game for everyone. Also: the really expensive retired items have a stable value since almost two years. Why is everyone acting like they are suddenly no longer available?
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-07-20:
This is something i don't quite understand, how on earth are these items the only thing keeping the entire site economy stable? I honestly have my doubts they really are, secondly that would be pretty poor game design.
@Apocalyptichorse

Because a page needs some kind of long term motivation. To keep a healthy economy you'll need some kind of lategame appeal. Otherwise people will leave the page soon. One might say that the KS/Beta/Downtime are high profile items and lategame items but sadly they are so rate and expensive that there ate almost none. They are rarely on sale so if they are the only really retired items everyone and their dog will go for them and suddenly people will demand to unretire them just as anything else. If there is only the possibility for everyone to get sprites people will start to panic and sell their sprites before they will become too cheap. They will think "I will get one of them later but now I must limit my losses". And with that sprites (and every other no longer retired item) will plumb into nothingness and with no other expensive items the economy will crash.
Things like these crash real life economies so a pet site won't be much different

Furthermore no one will trust the admins anymore which will lead to a toxic and doubting community.

I don't want to destroy the whole idea or just say that this should not happen because I want to keep my expensive retired items that I worked so hard for but I am one of the persons who managed to get almost all their goals except the Kickstarter/Beta and I have no longer any reason to come back to this page. I really love flight rising so every few months I try to come back, play a few days, but all the things I missed and feel hollow afterwards. It isn't fun to have nothing to work for.

But apart from the retired part of the quest I really like the suggestion. It sounds fun, something to work for and would contain lore. I would even bring me back from my hiatus. If there were rare items to get which you could only get through this quest. The people who already have retired items would get new things, the economy wouldn't crash, the admins would keep their word and those who want retired items or sprites could trade their rare quest items for them. It would be a win-win game for everyone.
Also: the really expensive retired items have a stable value since almost two years. Why is everyone acting like they are suddenly no longer available?
lightfull.png
I think that this is a good idea for the new players who want old retired items, but can't get them because they don't have enough money.

I actually have an idea for the old items that everybody wants. I know it might sound crazy, but maybe the sprites and other rare goods you earn from this shouldn't be sellable. This idea has a lot of pros and cons, but if you're an honest person like me and many others out there, you really only would do the deity quests to have the items for your dragons. I don't know how that would be possible, but it might be good for stopping people who try to use multiple accounts to collect the sprites and then resell them.
I think that this is a good idea for the new players who want old retired items, but can't get them because they don't have enough money.

I actually have an idea for the old items that everybody wants. I know it might sound crazy, but maybe the sprites and other rare goods you earn from this shouldn't be sellable. This idea has a lot of pros and cons, but if you're an honest person like me and many others out there, you really only would do the deity quests to have the items for your dragons. I don't know how that would be possible, but it might be good for stopping people who try to use multiple accounts to collect the sprites and then resell them.
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
ah, this sounds brilliant! the market for everything would probably go up because you don't know what'll be wanted next and it'll probably be a site-wide thing! and then we get festival items and we're all happy because the treasure sinks made its value go up :D
ah, this sounds brilliant! the market for everything would probably go up because you don't know what'll be wanted next and it'll probably be a site-wide thing! and then we get festival items and we're all happy because the treasure sinks made its value go up :D
pj11X8O.png ______

he/him • fr+7
dont ever put me in a situation ∞
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-07-20 05:56:09] [quote]However, by bringing them back like this, the market would crash. I understand that they will slowly trickle in, but the main problem is that although it is RNG based, there is still a chance that people can get it through the quest, and therefore no one will buy light sprites anymore.[/quote] This is something i don't quite understand, how on earth are these items the only thing keeping the entire site economy stable? I honestly have my doubts they really are, secondly that would be pretty poor game design. Of course these items will decrease some in value, however I highly doubt they'll become worth immediate nothing, when we do finally have open reg the site will have a continuously growing user base. These quests are meant to take months to complete, so it's not like there is going to be a big flood of these items straight away. And what makes you think people won't wanna buy these items off players anymore? OP said you can only get ONE fest item this way, so if this was a thing and I'do the quest and get myself a sunchasers I can't do it again to get another sunchasers. If I wanted another one I'd have to buy it from someone else. Same goes for the skins/accents. I know most people focus on the sprites the most but the apparel and skins/accents are a thing too. Not everyone cares for the sprites, some just want the apparel or a old skin/accent to use on their dragons As for investments, I said it a 100 times already but investments are NOT concrete things, they were never meant to be, and what about the people who don't want to invest? They should be accounted for too don't you think? [/quote] The reason why I used a light sprite is because there is much more demand for that because of the bestiary. Many people just want one to complete that slot. Therefore, when they get one, they won't need another. As for the demand increasing for open reg? Even. With a growing userbase for open ref, less people will buy light sprites, because they can obtain their own in a quest. As for sunchasers, not as many people want them unless they're for a dragon. So if someone gets a sunchaser through the quest and has no use for it? They'll try to sell it. Some may get the sunchaser they want, but even with a trickle, they'll still end up with more sellers then buyers, because the people who do want it will try to get one through the quest. As for investing, it's a choice. It's just a way of making money, and it's not a 'fair' or 'unfair' thing. Just what you choose to buy now, and what you choose to buy later? [quote] As for the final part, the entire problem with that is that it doesn't apply to everyone. Not every user is going to be able to make tons of treasure and gems easily no matter what, some people take months in order to do that. And they just wish to earn these items as much as anyone else and yes I know the prices haven;t changed much but they aren't going to be like that forever. Can I still buy a light sprite for 40K G in 2020? Or will it have gone up another 10K by then? mayve even 20KG who's to say. For many players these items serve as long term goals, but the thing about goals is they don't become harder to complete or vanish as time goes on. This suggestiong would ensure they remain a goal anyone can reach in their own time. [/quote] I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't believe just because someone simply 'wants' something just as much as others, they should be able to get it. The quest'll still be hard work. If it takes months to get treasure to buy that light sprite or sunchaser, then there's no difference. This quest is still hard grinding and RNG, that will take months. If you want a good grade in a test, you can't just 'want' it. You need to study efficiently and work hard. If you can't study more efficiently, then you make up for that with more time. Same thing here. Simply wanting is not a great reason in my opinion. As for the long term. Right now, there is not a massive problem with supply. As people get gems to finally buy one, more people start to leave flight rising, or move on. No one will definitely know the price of anything in 2020, or how available items are, as well as the current players. More people will leave, and more people will join. Items will shift hands, and ect. I love this idea, but I think it'll work much better with exclusive items. The only problem people actually have is the light festival stuff, and their supply is still stable even after two years. Hard work is both required in the quest and making treasure, and many people can easily make millions through simple Baldwin. Just by checking in after half an hour, they can make money. I don't believe that no one can't use Baldwin, it's in every newbie guide to making fast treasure. The price right now is achievable. As for the real life cost argument, $400 doesn't mean anything if you don't spend any money, You could earn gems easily and buy as many gems as you want. No one is forcing you to buy a light sprite with real money, it's a choice.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-07-20:
Quote:
However, by bringing them back like this, the market would crash. I understand that they will slowly trickle in, but the main problem is that although it is RNG based, there is still a chance that people can get it through the quest, and therefore no one will buy light sprites anymore.

Of course these items will decrease some in value, however I highly doubt they'll become worth immediate nothing, when we do finally have open reg the site will have a continuously growing user base. These quests are meant to take months to complete, so it's not like there is going to be a big flood of these items straight away. And what makes you think people won't wanna buy these items off players anymore? OP said you can only get ONE fest item this way, so if this was a thing and I'do the quest and get myself a sunchasers I can't do it again to get another sunchasers. If I wanted another one I'd have to buy it from someone else. Same goes for the skins/accents. I know most people focus on the sprites the most but the apparel and skins/accents are a thing too. Not everyone cares for the sprites, some just want the apparel or a old skin/accent to use on their dragons

As for investments, I said it a 100 times already but investments are NOT concrete things, they were never meant to be, and what about the people who don't want to invest? They should be accounted for too don't you think?
The reason why I used a light sprite is because there is much more demand for that because of the bestiary. Many people just want one to complete that slot. Therefore, when they get one, they won't need another. As for the demand increasing for open reg? Even. With a growing userbase for open ref, less people will buy light sprites, because they can obtain their own in a quest. As for sunchasers, not as many people want them unless they're for a dragon. So if someone gets a sunchaser through the quest and has no use for it? They'll try to sell it. Some may get the sunchaser they want, but even with a trickle, they'll still end up with more sellers then buyers, because the people who do want it will try to get one through the quest.

As for investing, it's a choice. It's just a way of making money, and it's not a 'fair' or 'unfair' thing. Just what you choose to buy now, and what you choose to buy later?
Quote:
As for the final part, the entire problem with that is that it doesn't apply to everyone.

Not every user is going to be able to make tons of treasure and gems easily no matter what, some people take months in order to do that. And they just wish to earn these items as much as anyone else and yes I know the prices haven;t changed much but they aren't going to be like that forever. Can I still buy a light sprite for 40K G in 2020? Or will it have gone up another 10K by then? mayve even 20KG who's to say.

For many players these items serve as long term goals, but the thing about goals is they don't become harder to complete or vanish as time goes on. This suggestiong would ensure they remain a goal anyone can reach in their own time.
I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't believe just because someone simply 'wants' something just as much as others, they should be able to get it. The quest'll still be hard work. If it takes months to get treasure to buy that light sprite or sunchaser, then there's no difference. This quest is still hard grinding and RNG, that will take months. If you want a good grade in a test, you can't just 'want' it. You need to study efficiently and work hard. If you can't study more efficiently, then you make up for that with more time. Same thing here. Simply wanting is not a great reason in my opinion.

As for the long term. Right now, there is not a massive problem with supply. As people get gems to finally buy one, more people start to leave flight rising, or move on. No one will definitely know the price of anything in 2020, or how available items are, as well as the current players. More people will leave, and more people will join. Items will shift hands, and ect.

I love this idea, but I think it'll work much better with exclusive items. The only problem people actually have is the light festival stuff, and their supply is still stable even after two years. Hard work is both required in the quest and making treasure, and many people can easily make millions through simple Baldwin. Just by checking in after half an hour, they can make money. I don't believe that no one can't use Baldwin, it's in every newbie guide to making fast treasure. The price right now is achievable. As for the real life cost argument, $400 doesn't mean anything if you don't spend any money, You could earn gems easily and buy as many gems as you want. No one is forcing you to buy a light sprite with real money, it's a choice.
Snivy on Dappervolk! Offering 500/1000g for Hatching Slots :D Wishlist and Personal Quest
Offering Expedited Leveling
Trading Strange Chests for Eggs!
Smashing that support button! (And, Adventure mode sounds exciting!)
Smashing that support button! (And, Adventure mode sounds exciting!)
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥

Sarah
Wife, Mama and Christian
+ 3 hrs FR Time

Seeking 10/22 Fem Dragon!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29