Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
@Ellobamalo Thanks for your feedback :) [quote]I don't think you should be guaranteed a Sprite or Holiday item at the end. Rather, new rainbow star items can be introduced and you're more likely to gain those than retired items, I'd think a fair way would be a 60/40. This increases the time it would take for the Sprites to trickle in. Albeit still faster than some would like, but gradually enough that we won't see a 3kg drop in some of the more expensive sprites.[/quote] I think that this guarantee can be kind of skewed by adding the other Holiday items to the pool. If you're going for a Sprite, you may have to play through the quest up to 4 times if the pool is randomized. [quote]I'm more opposed to having to answer a trivia or riddle type question. We'll eventually see guides for the answers, so the penalty would be rendered moot. Unless of course, it's a riddle where you then have to gather said item and present it. At least in that regard, guides would crop up with the answer, the items will see a hike in price and can either A act as another treasure sink, or B prove to be more time consuming (see rarity of skinks). I'd add to create a bit more difficulty, say you fail to answer the question correctly, double the penalty (so 2 hours) and then require a couple hundred of an item (so roughly 3-4 stacks) as an appeasement. Thus you cannot try a new riddle or question without this bribe.[/quote] Thank you, I didn't even think of the guide creation. I like the idea of the answer having to be an item to find and present. That could open up the challenge of trying to encourage players to read into the lore of the site, as well as search the FR wiki for items that may be the answer. I think the items should be gather-able or farmable, definitely, and probably items that are higher tier and require quite a few gathering turns to find. Perhaps the time/item requirement penalty could be kind of customizable? In that the dragon with the riddle could say "You can give me three stacks of [this] or you can come back tomorrow and try again." This will mean people can either pay out for the items, grind for them, or just chill out until the next rollover to save their wrist the trouble.
@Ellobamalo

Thanks for your feedback :)
Quote:
I don't think you should be guaranteed a Sprite or Holiday item at the end. Rather, new rainbow star items can be introduced and you're more likely to gain those than retired items, I'd think a fair way would be a 60/40. This increases the time it would take for the Sprites to trickle in. Albeit still faster than some would like, but gradually enough that we won't see a 3kg drop in some of the more expensive sprites.

I think that this guarantee can be kind of skewed by adding the other Holiday items to the pool. If you're going for a Sprite, you may have to play through the quest up to 4 times if the pool is randomized.
Quote:
I'm more opposed to having to answer a trivia or riddle type question. We'll eventually see guides for the answers, so the penalty would be rendered moot. Unless of course, it's a riddle where you then have to gather said item and present it. At least in that regard, guides would crop up with the answer, the items will see a hike in price and can either A act as another treasure sink, or B prove to be more time consuming (see rarity of skinks). I'd add to create a bit more difficulty, say you fail to answer the question correctly, double the penalty (so 2 hours) and then require a couple hundred of an item (so roughly 3-4 stacks) as an appeasement. Thus you cannot try a new riddle or question without this bribe.

Thank you, I didn't even think of the guide creation. I like the idea of the answer having to be an item to find and present. That could open up the challenge of trying to encourage players to read into the lore of the site, as well as search the FR wiki for items that may be the answer.

I think the items should be gather-able or farmable, definitely, and probably items that are higher tier and require quite a few gathering turns to find.

Perhaps the time/item requirement penalty could be kind of customizable? In that the dragon with the riddle could say "You can give me three stacks of [this] or you can come back tomorrow and try again." This will mean people can either pay out for the items, grind for them, or just chill out until the next rollover to save their wrist the trouble.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
//slams fist down

YES PLEASE

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT YES YES YES
//slams fist down

YES PLEASE

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT YES YES YES
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
I love this idea, but I think the more you do the quest the more valuable the next item will be. So say you get the appeal, skins, and whatever else before getting the sprite.

I love the RPG kind of games, so I wouldn't leave for long periods of time, I was judging from the stuff I have, for two festivals during 2014 (when I signed up) so I think something that rare would be the item to get. Where as on dragon cave I have been there for all their events minus the holly event as I wasn't signed up for the site then, but just last I got my very first holly dragon which I called the science name for the holly plant.
I love this idea, but I think the more you do the quest the more valuable the next item will be. So say you get the appeal, skins, and whatever else before getting the sprite.

I love the RPG kind of games, so I wouldn't leave for long periods of time, I was judging from the stuff I have, for two festivals during 2014 (when I signed up) so I think something that rare would be the item to get. Where as on dragon cave I have been there for all their events minus the holly event as I wasn't signed up for the site then, but just last I got my very first holly dragon which I called the science name for the holly plant.
Sliverfire.png
@SmaugsTreasure

I don't think many people like the idea of the Skins being in the Spare Inventory chest -- or at least I've seen more people saying that than I have seen people being excited about skins. Holiday skins rarely stay valuable for very long, so that's why I left them out. Perhaps that could be something the Admins poll for -- "which 3 holiday skins from this festival should be added to the Deity Quest Reward Pool next year"?

I do agree that more stuff in the pool to spread out the acquisition of Sprites is probably a good thing. :)
@SmaugsTreasure

I don't think many people like the idea of the Skins being in the Spare Inventory chest -- or at least I've seen more people saying that than I have seen people being excited about skins. Holiday skins rarely stay valuable for very long, so that's why I left them out. Perhaps that could be something the Admins poll for -- "which 3 holiday skins from this festival should be added to the Deity Quest Reward Pool next year"?

I do agree that more stuff in the pool to spread out the acquisition of Sprites is probably a good thing. :)
I think this is a great idea, only for items that have ALREADY retired, and I don't think the items should be account locked. Some people might play the game just to play the game without wanting a sprite (see: Neopets' Neoquest - which I have played through once - and Neoquest 2 which I have played through twice and is the sole reason I still get on that website. Not only does it take me months, intense research on strategy, and it really doesn't have a huge payout (it does give a lot of Neopoints, but at this point I'm at like 4mill and i don't ever buy anything with it) but due to the game requiring a refresh for every click, it generates INSANE amounts of ad revenue (or it did until I enabled adblocker on neo because they put in a bunch of annoying pop-up and sound ads. Yes, I believe in rewarding websites for having ads that don't bother me). My dad has played through both three times and his girlfriend once. My family probably sole funded some project or another back in the day. Add intense quests, and I might actually stick around long after the dragons bore me.
I think this is a great idea, only for items that have ALREADY retired, and I don't think the items should be account locked. Some people might play the game just to play the game without wanting a sprite (see: Neopets' Neoquest - which I have played through once - and Neoquest 2 which I have played through twice and is the sole reason I still get on that website. Not only does it take me months, intense research on strategy, and it really doesn't have a huge payout (it does give a lot of Neopoints, but at this point I'm at like 4mill and i don't ever buy anything with it) but due to the game requiring a refresh for every click, it generates INSANE amounts of ad revenue (or it did until I enabled adblocker on neo because they put in a bunch of annoying pop-up and sound ads. Yes, I believe in rewarding websites for having ads that don't bother me). My dad has played through both three times and his girlfriend once. My family probably sole funded some project or another back in the day. Add intense quests, and I might actually stick around long after the dragons bore me.
cPW6H3E.png
I love almost everything about this idea but [quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-17 08:20:13]Possibility: The Deity could demand that your clan has Exalted a certain number of dragons/demand that you exalt some Dragons upon reaching them[/quote] You can only exalt dragons to the diety of your flight, so it would be weird for the Arcanist to ask you to exalt dragons if you're from nature .-. So this option should be used only when you're on the quest for your element's sprite, I guess...
I love almost everything about this idea but
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-17:
Possibility: The Deity could demand that your clan has Exalted a certain number of dragons/demand that you exalt some Dragons upon reaching them

You can only exalt dragons to the diety of your flight, so it would be weird for the Arcanist to ask you to exalt dragons if you're from nature .-.
So this option should be used only when you're on the quest for your element's sprite, I guess...
I would prefer an entirely new reward be added to something like this other than sprites. Sprites were festival items, and I don't feel entirely comfortable making them officially reobtainable through lots of work when previously they were made obtainable through festival currency. It's an interesting concept, but I'd rather it not be sprites.
I would prefer an entirely new reward be added to something like this other than sprites. Sprites were festival items, and I don't feel entirely comfortable making them officially reobtainable through lots of work when previously they were made obtainable through festival currency. It's an interesting concept, but I'd rather it not be sprites.
I haven't read it in depth (running short on time)

But what I did read seems well thought out. Limiting it to something that will take a LONG time anyways (I saw someone above I think mentioned NQII) and limiting it to ONE per account would be a good way.

Personally I would prefer this not just be limited to sprites but other holiday items as well (sprites are nice, but I love skins and accents).

I will probably come back later and read it more :D but right now I am a bit busy
I haven't read it in depth (running short on time)

But what I did read seems well thought out. Limiting it to something that will take a LONG time anyways (I saw someone above I think mentioned NQII) and limiting it to ONE per account would be a good way.

Personally I would prefer this not just be limited to sprites but other holiday items as well (sprites are nice, but I love skins and accents).

I will probably come back later and read it more :D but right now I am a bit busy

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="@Drakonishe" date=2016-06-17 10:48:17] I love almost everything about this idea but [quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-17 08:20:13]Possibility: The Deity could demand that your clan has Exalted a certain number of dragons/demand that you exalt some Dragons upon reaching them[/quote] You can only exalt dragons to the diety of your flight, so it would be weird for the Arcanist to ask you to exalt dragons if you're from nature .-. So this option should be used only when you're on the quest for your element's sprite, I guess... [/quote] I didn't think about that, whoops. Maybe that can be something that shows up only if you're in your own flight's region... -thoughtful- [quote=@Vely]I would prefer an entirely new reward be added to something like this other than sprites. Sprites were festival items, and I don't feel entirely comfortable making them officially reobtainable through lots of work when previously they were made obtainable through festival currency. It's an interesting concept, but I'd rather it not be sprites.[/quote] The point of my idea is to allow a way for Retired items to be obtained, through a lot of work and time and effort -- this mostly has new players on the brain. Sprites are hardly obtainable now. Think of players who will join in two years from now -- it'll be downright impossible for them to get any of the first-year stuff. But this would allow a window for new players, and just unlucky players (sick/absent during festivals, lost their account info for a while, general time and life stuff getting in the way) to get ahold of this old stuff that would be otherwise unavailable and at the whim of inflation.
@Drakonishe wrote on 2016-06-17:
I love almost everything about this idea but
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-17:
Possibility: The Deity could demand that your clan has Exalted a certain number of dragons/demand that you exalt some Dragons upon reaching them

You can only exalt dragons to the diety of your flight, so it would be weird for the Arcanist to ask you to exalt dragons if you're from nature .-.
So this option should be used only when you're on the quest for your element's sprite, I guess...

I didn't think about that, whoops. Maybe that can be something that shows up only if you're in your own flight's region... -thoughtful-

@Vely wrote:

The point of my idea is to allow a way for Retired items to be obtained, through a lot of work and time and effort -- this mostly has new players on the brain. Sprites are hardly obtainable now. Think of players who will join in two years from now -- it'll be downright impossible for them to get any of the first-year stuff. But this would allow a window for new players, and just unlucky players (sick/absent during festivals, lost their account info for a while, general time and life stuff getting in the way) to get ahold of this old stuff that would be otherwise unavailable and at the whim of inflation.
Love, love, love this idea. It would be a real incentive for players to come to the site often and for long periods of time, something which I am currently lacking. I don't really have any current dragon or crafting/swap projects (except those darned skinks and sneks), so I only do very basic daily maintenance these days, sometimes dipping into the marketplace to see if I can scoop up some of the newer apparel that I want, and almost never coli grinding (I am one of the people who experiences physical pain from using it) unless it's a festival week. A series of long-term quests would keep me engaged instead of just going, "oh, I guess I should do the feed-bond-gather-trade circuit for today."

Support!
Love, love, love this idea. It would be a real incentive for players to come to the site often and for long periods of time, something which I am currently lacking. I don't really have any current dragon or crafting/swap projects (except those darned skinks and sneks), so I only do very basic daily maintenance these days, sometimes dipping into the marketplace to see if I can scoop up some of the newer apparel that I want, and almost never coli grinding (I am one of the people who experiences physical pain from using it) unless it's a festival week. A series of long-term quests would keep me engaged instead of just going, "oh, I guess I should do the feed-bond-gather-trade circuit for today."

Support!
MWFAgdF.gif gLbZUkF.pngsFMScix.pngUc6vApJ.png0jScwbh.pngjaogUTu.pngLLXHrpZ.pngIStPxKm.pngVywcR3B.png6Zs7hJu.pngEzf3dea.pngK3S42IV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29