Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alerts Saying Which Forum you're Pinged
1 2
I know I and a lot of other players get many pings on a daily basis for many different things, like in my case, I have:
~Gen 1 pings because I am on a few of the hoarder ping lists
~Oldies ping lists because of the same reason above
~My Hatchery
~Other Hatcheries
~My Raffle
~Other Raffles
~and other pings responding to me wherever that may be

And every day I go through each alert, but sometimes I don't have that much time on my hands, and I just want to look at alerts from a specific place, like from raffles.

I think it would be nice if the alerts said something like:
DarkNiiinja has mentioned you in a Raffles forum post

Or maybe even a little more in depth, like it would provide the name of the thread--though that would likely make the alerts look cluttered. So, perhaps to eliminate a little of that, simply stating the beginning few characters of the thread title. Example:
DarkNiiinja has mentioned you in a Raffles forum post: ~~~OVER...

This is merely an idea I am throwing out there. I understand there are clutter issues to think about.

This is what I've been on my mind recently, does anyone have anything to add? ^v^
I know I and a lot of other players get many pings on a daily basis for many different things, like in my case, I have:
~Gen 1 pings because I am on a few of the hoarder ping lists
~Oldies ping lists because of the same reason above
~My Hatchery
~Other Hatcheries
~My Raffle
~Other Raffles
~and other pings responding to me wherever that may be

And every day I go through each alert, but sometimes I don't have that much time on my hands, and I just want to look at alerts from a specific place, like from raffles.

I think it would be nice if the alerts said something like:
DarkNiiinja has mentioned you in a Raffles forum post

Or maybe even a little more in depth, like it would provide the name of the thread--though that would likely make the alerts look cluttered. So, perhaps to eliminate a little of that, simply stating the beginning few characters of the thread title. Example:
DarkNiiinja has mentioned you in a Raffles forum post: ~~~OVER...

This is merely an idea I am throwing out there. I understand there are clutter issues to think about.

This is what I've been on my mind recently, does anyone have anything to add? ^v^
Bv9XWUe.gif
BREWERS WANTED
KUzA9FY.png
eiTuhCf.gif
MELTERS WANTED
I don't mind the idea. It might be difficult to fit into the small notifications bar, but I think it might be a useful addition. Sometimes when you're getting pings from a lot of places it's really easy to become confused.
I don't mind the idea. It might be difficult to fit into the small notifications bar, but I think it might be a useful addition. Sometimes when you're getting pings from a lot of places it's really easy to become confused.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
So much, freaking, support.

Sometimes I get pings for things I'm not interested in at the moment, but don't want to go and remove myself for the sake of ease.

If it said which forum/topic I'd be able to prioritize much easier. I could check out the sales ping last and get anything important done with. Same goes for everyone really who's like me and doesn't want to go through 10 pings attempting to figure out which ones really need my immediate attention.
So much, freaking, support.

Sometimes I get pings for things I'm not interested in at the moment, but don't want to go and remove myself for the sake of ease.

If it said which forum/topic I'd be able to prioritize much easier. I could check out the sales ping last and get anything important done with. Same goes for everyone really who's like me and doesn't want to go through 10 pings attempting to figure out which ones really need my immediate attention.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
I see no harm in this. The ping system really could use an overhaul. It'd be great if we could choose to limit pings to everyone, no one, or friends only too.
I see no harm in this. The ping system really could use an overhaul. It'd be great if we could choose to limit pings to everyone, no one, or friends only too.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@DarkNiiinja

It wouldn't be a bad idea, but the current system actually takes you directly to the post.

If you get a ping.

Qnyxz has mentioned you in a forum post

You can actually click on the words forum post and you will be taken to the post.

Now if you hold down [CTRL] and then click on forum post not only will you be able to go to the post but it will be in another browser window.

Since we have direct linking the name of the forum is just an added bonus.

Qnyxz has mentioned you in a forum post in the Suggestions Forum.

I am kind of neutral on this since we do have direct links to the post.
@DarkNiiinja

It wouldn't be a bad idea, but the current system actually takes you directly to the post.

If you get a ping.

You can actually click on the words forum post and you will be taken to the post.

Now if you hold down [CTRL] and then click on forum post not only will you be able to go to the post but it will be in another browser window.

Yes yes yes. This would also save me from wondering if that ping that directs me to an error was to a deleted thread or someone once again pinging me to my old flight forum which I, obviously, cannot view. It would mean if I get pinged to the raffle forum when I have no intention of taking up an invite to a raffle, I can kindly ignore it without clicking to open the tab.

But really, mostly the avoiding trying to see my Shadow pings. This little annoyance in and of itself is part of why I won't spend gems to switch flights, though I think I might like Light. I'm simply not willing to deal with the dozens of pings to the Fire flight forums that I will click on and wonder which of the couple of reasons there are I can't see that blasted ping and wonder what I was being pinged about all day long.

Edit: it's true that you can right click to see the link you're going to, but I don't know all the forum codes, and about 60-80% of the time I'm on FR, I'm on my phone... including right now. Say hi to my boss, I'm on work break
Yes yes yes. This would also save me from wondering if that ping that directs me to an error was to a deleted thread or someone once again pinging me to my old flight forum which I, obviously, cannot view. It would mean if I get pinged to the raffle forum when I have no intention of taking up an invite to a raffle, I can kindly ignore it without clicking to open the tab.

But really, mostly the avoiding trying to see my Shadow pings. This little annoyance in and of itself is part of why I won't spend gems to switch flights, though I think I might like Light. I'm simply not willing to deal with the dozens of pings to the Fire flight forums that I will click on and wonder which of the couple of reasons there are I can't see that blasted ping and wonder what I was being pinged about all day long.

Edit: it's true that you can right click to see the link you're going to, but I don't know all the forum codes, and about 60-80% of the time I'm on FR, I'm on my phone... including right now. Say hi to my boss, I'm on work break
cPW6H3E.png
All of the support
All of the support
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
[quote name="Qnyxz" date=2016-06-06 13:56:30] @DarkNiiinja It wouldn't be a bad idea, but the current system actually takes you directly to the post. If you get a ping. Qnyxz has mentioned you in a forum post You can actually click on the words forum post and you will be taken to the post. Now if you hold down [CTRL] and then click on forum post not only will you be able to go to the post but it will be in another browser window. Since we have direct linking the name of the forum is just an added bonus. Qnyxz has mentioned you in a forum post in the Suggestions Forum. I am kind of neutral on this since we do have direct links to the post. [/quote] Oh, yes, I know. :) But my point is that I get SO many forum post pings that I don't have time to go to [i]all[/i] of them. Sometimes I just want to look at certain posts in specific forums.
Qnyxz wrote on 2016-06-06:
@DarkNiiinja

If you get a ping.

Oh, yes, I know. :) But my point is that I get SO many forum post pings that I don't have time to go to all of them. Sometimes I just want to look at certain posts in specific forums.
Bv9XWUe.gif
BREWERS WANTED
KUzA9FY.png
eiTuhCf.gif
MELTERS WANTED
I support this idea.
I run a lot of adopt shops and I fear one day that I'll add someone to the wrong adopt shop and get their order wrong ;n;

I was looking at my pings though and I think the only way they'll be able to fit
"User has mentioned you in Raffle forum"
would be if they changed the font or font size. I guess they could keep it the same and just make the ping boxes bigger though.

It would be cool if user could customize what the ping was going to say like
[ping=Terrarium Globes Open]@fakeaccountxx,[/ping]

Then later this would appear
"Kangataroo has meantioned you in Terrarium Globes Open"
I know that's a stretch but how cool would that be xD
I support this idea.
I run a lot of adopt shops and I fear one day that I'll add someone to the wrong adopt shop and get their order wrong ;n;

I was looking at my pings though and I think the only way they'll be able to fit
"User has mentioned you in Raffle forum"
would be if they changed the font or font size. I guess they could keep it the same and just make the ping boxes bigger though.

It would be cool if user could customize what the ping was going to say like
[ping=Terrarium Globes Open]@fakeaccountxx,[/ping]

Then later this would appear
"Kangataroo has meantioned you in Terrarium Globes Open"
I know that's a stretch but how cool would that be xD
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco9_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco6_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco10_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco2_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco1_250.jpg
FRKangataroo.gif tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco5_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco4_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco3_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco7_250.jpg
tumblr_osxn08KcE31v4icxco8_250.jpg
I support this! When you have a pinglist and people ping you back, but you're participating in another thread where people are pinging you (for example: I run my flights writing thread, sometimes I do dragon giveaways for new players, and just general water flight forum stuff!) it would be really nice to see who's pinging me for what forum. So if I see a bunch for my flights exclusive forum, I can be like 'yep, that's probably the writing group' or if it's for water sales I know it's for a giveaway.

That way I don't have to click on every individual ping just to see what it's from :) I think it should only say 'Moerae has mentioned you in a Water Flight Forum Post', and not the specific thread title, because some of them are long!
I support this! When you have a pinglist and people ping you back, but you're participating in another thread where people are pinging you (for example: I run my flights writing thread, sometimes I do dragon giveaways for new players, and just general water flight forum stuff!) it would be really nice to see who's pinging me for what forum. So if I see a bunch for my flights exclusive forum, I can be like 'yep, that's probably the writing group' or if it's for water sales I know it's for a giveaway.

That way I don't have to click on every individual ping just to see what it's from :) I think it should only say 'Moerae has mentioned you in a Water Flight Forum Post', and not the specific thread title, because some of them are long!
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
1 2