Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Purchase Gathering Turns
1 2 3 4 5
Purchase gathering turns with treasure.

- No limited to turns purchasable
- Cost increases with gathering level
- Cost of a turn > avg. sell value of items
- Option to purchase comes after all free turns are used
- No EXP from purchased turns
- (maybe?) Price scaling with successive turns, resetting at rollover
- (maybe?) Diminishing returns with successive turns, resetting at rollover

Pros:
- Treasure sink
- Lets people do more gathering, something a lot of people have been wanting in some shape or form for a while now
- Makes an otherwise rather boring mechanism a little more engaging
- Alternative revenue stream for people who don't coli (provided they're willing to risk RNG of gathering bad/good items)

Cons:
- ?

Holidays could be handled 3 ways:
- Costs more
- Can only gather non-holiday items in purchased turns
- Disable purchasing turns during the holiday
Purchase gathering turns with treasure.

- No limited to turns purchasable
- Cost increases with gathering level
- Cost of a turn > avg. sell value of items
- Option to purchase comes after all free turns are used
- No EXP from purchased turns
- (maybe?) Price scaling with successive turns, resetting at rollover
- (maybe?) Diminishing returns with successive turns, resetting at rollover

Pros:
- Treasure sink
- Lets people do more gathering, something a lot of people have been wanting in some shape or form for a while now
- Makes an otherwise rather boring mechanism a little more engaging
- Alternative revenue stream for people who don't coli (provided they're willing to risk RNG of gathering bad/good items)

Cons:
- ?

Holidays could be handled 3 ways:
- Costs more
- Can only gather non-holiday items in purchased turns
- Disable purchasing turns during the holiday
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
This is an interesting idea, but would you be able to switch between purchased turns and normal turns? Or would your purchased turns always come after your normal turns?

It would be a good way of farming ingredients needed for baldwins too even if you don't manage to break even with the items you gather with the extra turns.
This is an interesting idea, but would you be able to switch between purchased turns and normal turns? Or would your purchased turns always come after your normal turns?

It would be a good way of farming ingredients needed for baldwins too even if you don't manage to break even with the items you gather with the extra turns.
@flowerfalls Knew I was forgetting some stuff. Always after normal turns.
@flowerfalls Knew I was forgetting some stuff. Always after normal turns.
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
I would propose that you can't get gathering EXP on extra turns, only on your regular turns.

This is an interesting idea! I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before now
I would propose that you can't get gathering EXP on extra turns, only on your regular turns.

Support. I think it would definitely make the mechanic more engaging.
Support. I think it would definitely make the mechanic more engaging.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
@chespin Forgot that too, yes!
@chespin Forgot that too, yes!
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
[quote name="chespin" date=2016-06-03 13:01:26] I would propose that you can't get gathering EXP on extra turns, only on your regular turns. This is an interesting idea! I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before now [/quote] Could also implement diminishing returns, so doing more than a specific amount gets you less goodies than initially.
chespin wrote on 2016-06-03:

Could also implement diminishing returns, so doing more than a specific amount gets you less goodies than initially.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Infectionary Hm, not sure about that. I'd like a function like this to be more accessible so (especially non-coli) users can have another way to play FR and make money, and diminishing returns would hurt that.

Also added note that costs increase with gathering level, to scale with the chances of finding more valuable items.
@Infectionary Hm, not sure about that. I'd like a function like this to be more accessible so (especially non-coli) users can have another way to play FR and make money, and diminishing returns would hurt that.

Also added note that costs increase with gathering level, to scale with the chances of finding more valuable items.
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
@Rhea Mmmm personally I'd also see the price scale with each time you use it that day, and it resets the next. So the first time you use the extra gathering turn, it costs 10kT. The next time it's 12kT. The next it's 15kt and so on. It's still going to be used, but this adds to the treasure sink idea imo.

I'm neutral about diminishing returns, but I can see the value of a lot of rare gathering materials and thereby their swipp/baldwin counterparts dropping pretty quickly as wealthy players gather over and over to farm these materials.
@Rhea Mmmm personally I'd also see the price scale with each time you use it that day, and it resets the next. So the first time you use the extra gathering turn, it costs 10kT. The next time it's 12kT. The next it's 15kt and so on. It's still going to be used, but this adds to the treasure sink idea imo.

I'm neutral about diminishing returns, but I can see the value of a lot of rare gathering materials and thereby their swipp/baldwin counterparts dropping pretty quickly as wealthy players gather over and over to farm these materials.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Major Support!
As someone who doesn't grind in the Coliseum this would be a great way for me to earn additional money to fund all my *mad projects*
I can't think of any major cons or improvements that haven't already been mentioned so kudos to Rhea!
Major Support!
As someone who doesn't grind in the Coliseum this would be a great way for me to earn additional money to fund all my *mad projects*
I can't think of any major cons or improvements that haven't already been mentioned so kudos to Rhea!
2T2Y2ID.png
1 2 3 4 5