Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggestion for Custom Skins System
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I really like this idea total support. Smoother submissions and quicker accent/skin turn out is good
I really like this idea total support. Smoother submissions and quicker accent/skin turn out is good
boxparts.gif
Support,
this appears really well thought out and should save time for admins as well as players.
Support,
this appears really well thought out and should save time for admins as well as players.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
Support!
I know that the queue has been an issue to the point that the wait time on the messages has been switched from 3-5 days to 5-7 with it leaning more heavily towards the seven days lately, which is a long time to wait to only get rejected. If we can cut down on the amount in the queue that would help save time, and hopefully help keep accent makers going.
Support!
I know that the queue has been an issue to the point that the wait time on the messages has been switched from 3-5 days to 5-7 with it leaning more heavily towards the seven days lately, which is a long time to wait to only get rejected. If we can cut down on the amount in the queue that would help save time, and hopefully help keep accent makers going.
tumblr_o9n7ihpGGx1u1gqv0o1_500.png
Quote:
I like the idea of resubmitting by number, it would help the artists whom had lost original copies due to computers giving out or whatever.

But they would need to link the accents and skins to accounts in some way. Since right now they have usernames on them, but that doesn't change when you change your username changes.
They could also have in that form an easy way to submit that your username has changed and what skins/accents that effects.

This could potentially be remedied if FR has the systems in place to verify things via a user's unique account ID Number! That way even if someone's name changes, they can still verify that they are the original creator of a Skin/Accent -- and it offers a level of protection against scammers as well, just on the wild off-chance that someone were to change their name to a well-known artist's old username and try to claim their work for themselves. It's a good failsafe if FR has the backend for it.

Additionally-- I have no idea what FR's coded in, honestly, but I do know that there are potential methods to get around the need to check each skin/accent by hand for changes! These services already exist if you need an example of what I'm talking about (ImageMagick and Resemble .js come to mind,) but you can also do it with Python if you're feeling particularly motivated. That's not to say any of these options are right for FR, naturally -- simply that it's entirely within the realm of possibility for them to be able to automate that process by having something on their server compare the submitted image against the old one to make sure they match, and return either a positive or a negative result (and in the latter case, a flag for staff and a text blurb to the end-user which explains why the Skin/Accent was rejected.)

At any rate, I'm not an Accent artist, but I know how tedious the process can be for those who are. This is a well-thought-out suggestion, and seems like it would help a lot of people, Staff included. I second Heronfoot here, and I support this wholeheartedly.
Quote:
I like the idea of resubmitting by number, it would help the artists whom had lost original copies due to computers giving out or whatever.

But they would need to link the accents and skins to accounts in some way. Since right now they have usernames on them, but that doesn't change when you change your username changes.
They could also have in that form an easy way to submit that your username has changed and what skins/accents that effects.

This could potentially be remedied if FR has the systems in place to verify things via a user's unique account ID Number! That way even if someone's name changes, they can still verify that they are the original creator of a Skin/Accent -- and it offers a level of protection against scammers as well, just on the wild off-chance that someone were to change their name to a well-known artist's old username and try to claim their work for themselves. It's a good failsafe if FR has the backend for it.

Additionally-- I have no idea what FR's coded in, honestly, but I do know that there are potential methods to get around the need to check each skin/accent by hand for changes! These services already exist if you need an example of what I'm talking about (ImageMagick and Resemble .js come to mind,) but you can also do it with Python if you're feeling particularly motivated. That's not to say any of these options are right for FR, naturally -- simply that it's entirely within the realm of possibility for them to be able to automate that process by having something on their server compare the submitted image against the old one to make sure they match, and return either a positive or a negative result (and in the latter case, a flag for staff and a text blurb to the end-user which explains why the Skin/Accent was rejected.)

At any rate, I'm not an Accent artist, but I know how tedious the process can be for those who are. This is a well-thought-out suggestion, and seems like it would help a lot of people, Staff included. I second Heronfoot here, and I support this wholeheartedly.
Something I've played around with in the past is each user has a skin/accent gallery of their own works. You will have a tab of ones that have already been approved, and thus cannot be edited without another review process. And the approved ones can indefinitely be reprinted as long as you have the proper item for it. No re-approvals necessary!

The system would also let you upload at your leisure skins and accents you are working on. Right off the bat the system can deny any uploads that are the wrong size or file type. And then from there you can test it on a blank dragon, or your own dragon, or on a dragon whose ID you put in (would appear naked in all cases).

That way, you can check to make sure that it looks proper. Along with this system I'd suggest simplified skin/accent rules, that are always at the top or bottom of this window.

Once you've picked at a skin in your unapproved tab enough, you can click for it to go into the approval queue. This makes it uneditable until you hear your critique back. You can also delete, move around, etc old drafts, of skins. But the ones that are approved always stay in your approved tab so you don't accidentally delete one.

All this lets makers fiddle around with skins without having to buy the item first and then hope for the best. As well as make reprinting easier.

Bonus points for a small editor that automatically makes a dragon's lines slightly darker and all that stuff but thats beyond my expectations atm.
Something I've played around with in the past is each user has a skin/accent gallery of their own works. You will have a tab of ones that have already been approved, and thus cannot be edited without another review process. And the approved ones can indefinitely be reprinted as long as you have the proper item for it. No re-approvals necessary!

The system would also let you upload at your leisure skins and accents you are working on. Right off the bat the system can deny any uploads that are the wrong size or file type. And then from there you can test it on a blank dragon, or your own dragon, or on a dragon whose ID you put in (would appear naked in all cases).

That way, you can check to make sure that it looks proper. Along with this system I'd suggest simplified skin/accent rules, that are always at the top or bottom of this window.

Once you've picked at a skin in your unapproved tab enough, you can click for it to go into the approval queue. This makes it uneditable until you hear your critique back. You can also delete, move around, etc old drafts, of skins. But the ones that are approved always stay in your approved tab so you don't accidentally delete one.

All this lets makers fiddle around with skins without having to buy the item first and then hope for the best. As well as make reprinting easier.

Bonus points for a small editor that automatically makes a dragon's lines slightly darker and all that stuff but thats beyond my expectations atm.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
support!

i think it's a shame right now that accent artists have to jump through a long queue and so many hoops to get their accents/skins approved, when the accent/skin market seems to strongly influence the circulation of gems... either a resubmit button or spassow's suggestion would be an awesome addition to the site.
support!

i think it's a shame right now that accent artists have to jump through a long queue and so many hoops to get their accents/skins approved, when the accent/skin market seems to strongly influence the circulation of gems... either a resubmit button or spassow's suggestion would be an awesome addition to the site.
xvKuWGq.png

It does sound like a really good idea. As others have said-editing it a little bit to make it to where a user can just reorder an already published skin of theirs sounds like the best idea by tying that skin/accent to their account. If it is something that is too bulky to do with the already existing pool of skins, is there a way to tie new skins published from here on out to this new system? It wouldn't help the skin and accent artists too much at the start, but instead make it something that they have to build up from here on out? As other have said, the current skins are all tied to usernames and they do not reflect changed usernames, but a new system tied to id numbers sounds like it would be a good idea-if it is is something that could be done. Do we have any other system of things tied directly to a user, excluding their lairs and posts?
It does sound like a really good idea. As others have said-editing it a little bit to make it to where a user can just reorder an already published skin of theirs sounds like the best idea by tying that skin/accent to their account. If it is something that is too bulky to do with the already existing pool of skins, is there a way to tie new skins published from here on out to this new system? It wouldn't help the skin and accent artists too much at the start, but instead make it something that they have to build up from here on out? As other have said, the current skins are all tied to usernames and they do not reflect changed usernames, but a new system tied to id numbers sounds like it would be a good idea-if it is is something that could be done. Do we have any other system of things tied directly to a user, excluding their lairs and posts?
Multigaze and Permababy collector.
Browse the lair and let me know what you think.
Support.

A system like this would benefit not only the accent/skin artist, but also the people buying the items. I've seen many people complain to accent/skin artists that they're taking to long to send them their item and end up asking for refunds. A lot of players, especially newer players, dont know how the accent/skin approval process works and they feel cheated because it take can 3-7 days to receive their accent/skin. I'd hate for a good persons reputation to be ruined because of a misunderstanding.

I'm not sure how it would be done so people cant take advantage of it. I like the idea of, as many have suggested, linking the accent/skin to a users ID# instead of their username. I'm not to sure how that would work for older/already printed accents/skins as many older artists have changed their user names.

In addition to improving the time it takes to get accents/skins reprinted, it would also lessen the amount of accents/skins that get rejected even though they've been printed before. I have always assumed that there is a team of FR staff checking accent/skin commissions as opposed to a single person which, therefore, means you have multiple people with different views checking one accent/skin on an occasion. It's my theory that because of this, an accent/skin that 'staff member X' approved a month ago could be deemed unprintable by 'staff member Y' because they have different views of the accent/skin (Example: the accent has red in place and wear-and-tear; 'staff member X' could see it as okay to print, whereas 'staff member Y' sees it as blood and bodily harm to the dragon, deeming it unprintable.)

A system like this would also allow FR staff members to more carefully check each unprinted accent/skin more carefully. This could be beneficial to making sure no accent/skin has copyright designs or heavily references something that goes against FR accent/skin content rules (Example: an accent/skin that re-creates a video game characters clothing/weapons/scars/etc. as I've been told this counts as copyright(?))

To conclude, I am fully in support of any system/addition to the site that could make it easier on the artist, buyer, and FR staff to re-upload previously made accents/skins.
Support.

A system like this would benefit not only the accent/skin artist, but also the people buying the items. I've seen many people complain to accent/skin artists that they're taking to long to send them their item and end up asking for refunds. A lot of players, especially newer players, dont know how the accent/skin approval process works and they feel cheated because it take can 3-7 days to receive their accent/skin. I'd hate for a good persons reputation to be ruined because of a misunderstanding.

I'm not sure how it would be done so people cant take advantage of it. I like the idea of, as many have suggested, linking the accent/skin to a users ID# instead of their username. I'm not to sure how that would work for older/already printed accents/skins as many older artists have changed their user names.

In addition to improving the time it takes to get accents/skins reprinted, it would also lessen the amount of accents/skins that get rejected even though they've been printed before. I have always assumed that there is a team of FR staff checking accent/skin commissions as opposed to a single person which, therefore, means you have multiple people with different views checking one accent/skin on an occasion. It's my theory that because of this, an accent/skin that 'staff member X' approved a month ago could be deemed unprintable by 'staff member Y' because they have different views of the accent/skin (Example: the accent has red in place and wear-and-tear; 'staff member X' could see it as okay to print, whereas 'staff member Y' sees it as blood and bodily harm to the dragon, deeming it unprintable.)

A system like this would also allow FR staff members to more carefully check each unprinted accent/skin more carefully. This could be beneficial to making sure no accent/skin has copyright designs or heavily references something that goes against FR accent/skin content rules (Example: an accent/skin that re-creates a video game characters clothing/weapons/scars/etc. as I've been told this counts as copyright(?))

To conclude, I am fully in support of any system/addition to the site that could make it easier on the artist, buyer, and FR staff to re-upload previously made accents/skins.
ob.png ww BUYING/TRADING FOR: Red/Fern G1s!
Any Tert/Eyes/Breed/Bred! Doesn't matter!
PM me if interested in selling!
suppooort!!! everybody has already posted all great, well stated ideas, i also think some tweaks could be implemented so that skins aren't printed by users who don't have permission to request reprints, but a site based database of your own printed skins that could bypass the new accent acceptance queue would be so extremely helpful. redfern's point on how notes from the multiple admins would be helpful is also really apt! when skins go in for multiple edits before acceptance and new edits are requested the second time around, it's pretty disheartening that the second round of edits wasn't included the first time, and i always assumed it was multiple people reviewing the skin and not communicating with each other about why they each rejected the skin. [quote]To conclude, I am fully in support of any system/addition to the site that could make it easier on the artist, buyer, and FR staff to re-upload previously made accents/skins. [/quote]
suppooort!!! everybody has already posted all great, well stated ideas, i also think some tweaks could be implemented so that skins aren't printed by users who don't have permission to request reprints, but a site based database of your own printed skins that could bypass the new accent acceptance queue would be so extremely helpful.

redfern's point on how notes from the multiple admins would be helpful is also really apt! when skins go in for multiple edits before acceptance and new edits are requested the second time around, it's pretty disheartening that the second round of edits wasn't included the first time, and i always assumed it was multiple people reviewing the skin and not communicating with each other about why they each rejected the skin.
Quote:
tumblr_oggmqvJA9z1vbmj4qo1_500.png
I think this will greatly lessen the workload of the staff. Support!
I think this will greatly lessen the workload of the staff. Support!
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13